Human

Human

 

“Did you?” Woohyun asked, almost demanding and Sunggyu continued looking down to his hands, too ashamed to answer, but he knew he had to. “Yes. We were both really drunk, I was needy...and when you mix need with alcohol, the result is disastrous.” The younger man just stood there listening to it. He couldn't believe the older was actually saying something like that, he couldn't believe he actually did something that big.

 

Sunggyu looked at him, already knowing he was going to be judged, that he was going to be looked down by the person that always saw him as the best person in the world, but now, he was pretty sure the younger man was seeing him as a horrible person, and he would complain, he couldn't. “I...I can't believe you actually...did something like that...” Woohyun started and Sunggyu started biting his lower lip, already imagining the words that were coming next. “But I'm no one to judge...” Sunggyu looked to the younger man with a very confused expression. Woohyun smiled weakly at that. “Who am I to judge? You both did something bad, you recognized it and never did it again. Me on the other hand...I lied to you, and lied until you threatened me. So I don't have moral superiority whatsoever.”

 

Woohyun could see that by his words he took a huge weight from Sunggyu's shoulders, but he couldn't help but ask why the two of them did it. Why in the world would they do something like that? Both of them loved the same person and one of them was actually dating that person, so it confused Woohyun to no end, but he just wanted to know. He had to know. “He and Hoya had a small fight. It was really small, the next day they were already together, but Dongwoo was crushed. We are best friends since middle school....it just happened but it felt horrible, it felt disgusting, and we swore never to talk about it, never to even mention it. That was 5years ago.” Now Woohyun was even more confused than before, and that wasn't possible, he was sure of that. If it happened five years ago why was Sunggyu thinking about it now? He was pretty sure Dongwoo didn't remember it by now. Woohyun was pretty sure he had erased such moment from his thoughts and that if Sunggyu talked about it now, he would say his friend was crazy and was having some weird dreams.

 

“I'm thinking about this because I'm scared.” He paused for a second. “Scared that Hoya finds out, scared that if he finds out he'll leave me and Dongwoo and never forgive us. And if that happens, Dongwoo stops talking to me and then what? I'm going to be alone, and I don't want to be alone, I can't stand it. I hate loneliness. I'm not like them. I can't make friends easily. I'm 30 and people think I'm a weird teacher who enjoys being mean to his students.” Woohyun never heard Sunggyu speak so much and so fast, not even in classes.

 

Usually the older man was quiet, hardly spoke and now he looked like a crazy machine and wouldn't stop. The younger didn't know what to do, so he just stood there looking to the older man, waiting for him to breath a little and relax. When he saw that Sunggyu was calming down, he just grabbed his hands gently. He knew Sunggyu hated to be touched, but he was pretty sure at that time, he didn't care. The older looked at him with nervous eyes and Woohyun just smiled. “You won't be alone. Hoya would never leave you or Dongwoo. He would be angry for sure, but he would forget since it has been so many years and even if he didn't...I will always be here...” Woohyun paused and gave him a small smile. “Even if you don't want me, I'll be here making sure you're happy and healthy!”

 

Sunggyu wasn't expecting to ear that but it made him happy. A little happy and he didn't know why. He didn't know why the younger cared so much about him and why he was worried that something bad could happen to him. “So, just forget about it. Dongwoo doesn't care, Hoya won't care and you shouldn't care!” Woohyun smiled brightly to the older man. Sunggyu nodded and realized Woohyun was right. He shouldn't be thinking about something like that. Why bother? Dongwoo probably forgot about it and that was exactly what he had to do, even thought it would be hard since it hunted him every single night. Woohyun smiled brightly to the older man and then remembered he had to ask something to Sunggyu, something really important, something that was in the back of his head and he had to ask before he forgot it. “I just have one more question.” Sunggyu nodded and the younger took a deep breath, his cheeks flushing a little. “Why...Why did you said you were sorry? You know...before you fainted?” Sunggyu looked at him, but before he could answer, two people entered the room with happy smiles in their faces and it was clear they were beyond happy that nothing bad happened to their dear friend.

 

“Jesus Sunggyu! You want to die before your time?” Dongwoo asked as he seat on the older man's bed next to him. Hoya seat next to Woohyun and looked worriedly to their friend. “I always called you old man, but I had no idea you were that bad!” Dongwoo continued and they laughed when the older man rolled his eyes, annoyed. That was the Sunggyu they were used to see and talk to. They continued talking, making sure Sunggyu was perfectly fine, that he was actually recovering and that he didn't need a single thing. “This was a sign. You've to go out more, you have to live more!” Hoya said and Dongwoo nodded, agreeing with his boyfriend. It wasn't like they wanted the older to become a party machine, but after this scare, they had to make everything they could so Sunggyu would go out with them at least once a month! “You know how I hate night life.” The older whispered and Dongwoo pouted and placed an arm around his friend's shoulders. “Don't be so mean. And Woohyun can't go out alone. He needs his boyfriend.”

 

Both men gasped at the word 'boyfriend' but the couple didn't seem to notice. Actually, it was a miracle they actually found out Woohyun's feelings for Sunggyu. The two were too dense with things that happened around them. Dongwoo was like that since he was a kid, and Sunggyu was pretty sure Hoya became like that after being with his boyfriend. “What boyfriend Dongwoo?” Sunggyu asked and he saw his friend change expressions. He went from a very happy one to a serious expression where Sunggyu knew it wasn't good. He continued looking to his friend and Sunggyu wasn't getting a single thing. Dongwoo continued staring but all the older man did was roll his eyes, understanding exactly what the younger man meant. Hoya and Woohyun couldn't get what their inner conversation meant, so they just decided to ignore it completely, it was the best thing they could do in a moment like that. “You're an idiot Sunggyu! An idiot!” Dongwoo said and left the bed leaving the older annoyed and grabbed Hoya's hands.

 

“We're leaving! I'm annoyed, you annoy me Sunggyu!” Dongwoo said with a pout and while Hoya and Woohyun were very confused and weren't understanding a thing, Sunggyu just looked to the window and ignored it. The couple left the room and Woohyun looked to the older man with raised brow no understanding what just happened in those couple of minutes. He looked to the older man and didn't know what think. “Did you two...just had a fight?” He asked and Sunggyu nodded. “How come? You didn't exchanged words! You just looked to each other and he left the room!” Woohyun said still confused and Sunggyu continued staring at the younger man. “Our fights are always like that. We don't need to speak, we know what the other is thinking.” Now that was something Woohyun wasn't expecting. The bound between the two best friends was amazing and that was something he was sure he would never have with the older man.

 

Silence took over the room. Sunggyu was looking to the window, looking to the sunset and Woohyun was looking down his hands. He was nervous and he had no idea why. It didn't made any sense. He started biting his lower lip but came back to earth when he heard the older speak. “You still want to know I apologized?” He asked and without saying a single word, Woohyun nodded. The teacher took a deep breath and looked straight into Woohyun's eyes. “I apologized to you because I didn't believed you at first. I apologized to you because I lied to you.” The younger continued listening to everything. “Lied? About what?” Sunggyu looked down to his hands and then to Woohyun one last time before he confessed what he had done, or better. He was so ashamed, but now it was too late to go back with his word. “...I'm not who you think I am. Not by a long shot”.