when i'm gone

taeten moments

based on the song from pitch perfect am i the only that thinks this song is about suicide? and am i the only one who has muriatic acid in their house?

warning: suicide is mentioned and sad, crappy, whydidievenwritethis fic ahead

-----

 

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round

 

Taeyong has lived a miserable life. He's tired of life. He's tired of everything. He just wants to be gone forever; to end his suffering. His mom died after giving birth to him. His dad hates him because your mom is dead and i'm left with you. He's failing school and the teachers loathe him. He's tired of his dad screaming at him everyday and telling him that he should've died instead of his mom, of his teachers lecturing him, of other people whispering whenever he walks by—he's so ing tired.

 

Two bottle whiskey for the way

And I sure would like some sweet company

And I'm leaving tomorrow. What d'you say?

 

He thought of many ways to end his life—from hanging himself to drinking poison. He's been eyeing the muriatic acid in their kitchen for weeks now. He's afraid of dying, but he hates living. It's not living anymore, it's just not dying. He thinks about it again and again. It keeps bothering him and even haunts his dreams. In his dream, he saw himself lying on the cold floor of his room—lifeless and pale. Then one day, he just found himself in his room, acid in hand.

 

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

 

Nobody is gonna miss him. He's worthless, stupid, reckless and broken. Who could anyone ever love someone so dark? Why would anyone care about him? His father would be happier without him, his teachers won't even notice, people will just stop caring and the world will never remember him. He's not afraid of oblivion. It's inevitable.

 

The one with the prettiest of views

It's got mountains, it's got rivers

It's got sights to give you shivers

But it sure would be prettier with you

 

Then he thinks of Ten. Beautiful and loving Ten. Ten that loves all of him. Ten that sings to him when he feels sad. Ten that smiles at him fondly. Ten that hugs him, kisses him and holds his hand at random times. Ten that can make everything better. Ten, his source of life and happiness. Ten, the smiling angel. Ten whose smile could light up the whole town. Ten who would comfort him and make him feel better just by his presence. Sweet, dearest, pure and joyful Ten. Ten that would cry when he dies. Ten that would be heartbroken when he sees his lifeless body. Ten that would miss him when he's gone.