i do [1/2]

taeten moments

Well hello there :------) it's been a long time lol here's the sequel everyone's been waiting for ive had a lot of ideas for this long-awaited sequel but idk i just cant find the feeling u know but finally ive decided on something and i hope youll like it xx 

-----

 

 

 

 

 


"What the hell am I doing here?" He whispers to himself as he watched the people mingling and laughing amongst themselves.

It's been a few years since Ten came to Seoul and since he last saw you-know-who. It's been great. He went back to Chicago, reunited with his best friend, went to a decent university and graduated with flying colors. He's working for a huge company in LA and is currently the Chairman's favorite due to his bubbly personality and perseverance. Some people call him a kissass but, really, Ten is just a hardworking and determined employee who would go the distance to someday build his own empire.

"Well, I'm getting married and i'm, like, your best friend," Jaehyun replies, ending his reverie.

"Uhm, excuse me. I'm Ten's best friend," Johnny scoffs from beside him.

Ten rolls his eyes. "What are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in a room somewhere, freaking out because you're getting married?"

Jaehyun shrugs. "Nah, I'm good," he answers nonchalantly.

"Who are you even marrying? It's only been a few months since we last saw each other and you're already getting married." Ten frowns at his friend.

"Long story. All you need to know is that my dad set me up with his best friend's son. We met once when we were kids, then again in a blind date set up by our parents, I told my parents that I'm gonna have to pass though he's an okay guy but, next thing you know, boom, I'm engaged."

Johnny shakes his head and sighs. "Parents; they'll never get us," he says.

Ten nods in approval. He scans the place for any familiar faces from the brief time he spent studying in Seoul. So far, he's seen Jaehyun's other half (as Johnny likes to call him), Doyoung; Taeil, the guy who breaks down at the simplest things; that Japanese kid and his sidekick, Yuta and Hansol; that cute Chinese boy and the scary although dumb gymnast who's basically attached to his hip, Kun and Sicheng; and Mark, the kid that always hung around you-know-who. If Mark's here then, surely, he is, too.

"Who're you looking for?" Johnny asks as Jaehyun disappears to who knows where.

"No one in particular," Ten shrugs. "You know, just friends from college."

"Uh huh," Johnny replies, unconvinced.

Ten chose not to say anything and kept quiet while his eyes roam the chapel. He's taken aback when he notices a few of his colleagues. And he is shocked, to say the least, when he sees the Chairman himself approaching him.

He panicked, the Korean in him suddenly took over and Ten bowed then mumbled a "good day, Mr. Lee" almost instinctively when the man was in front of him. The Chairman laughed at his awkward behavior and even patted his shoulder.

"Chittaphon, we're not in the office. You don't need to do that. Just do what you usually do when we're at work," Mr. Lee says with a gentle smile.

Ten nods and eyes the man with curiosity. "Sir, if you don't mind me asking, why—"

"Uncle!" Johnny interjects. Mr. Lee glances at his way and grins when he sees Johnny.

"Johnny boy, where have you been, you brat?!" The older man says playfully while messing Johnny's hair.

Johnny groans and whines for the man to stop. The Chairman chuckles and hugs the boy. "It's been a long time, uncle," the Chicago boy says fondly.

Ten watched with wide eyes as the scene unfolded. Johnny, in the decade they've been friends, has never mentioned that he knew the Lee's.

"Chittaphon, you were about to ask something. What was it?" Mr. Lee asks.

"Uhm, uh," Ten stutters as he fumbles with the hem of his suit. "I—uhm—I w-was just—uhm—"

Some of his colleagues noticed him and the Chairman, and have approached them. They looked at Ten for a second then focused on the head of the company. Then Jaehyun came out of nowhere and grinned when he saw Mr. Lee. They hugged and the man thanked Jaehyun for choosing his son. Jaehyun looked at him and asked him if he's okay. The Chairman asked him how he knew Jaehyun. And Johnny snorted when he realized his uncle called Ten by his real name. Taeyong's sister appeared, too, chatting him up immediately.

Everything's happening too fast, everyone is speaking all at once and it's making Ten dizzy. Suddenly, the huge chapel was way too crowded. Ten doesn't even realize that he's hyperventilating. His face is pale and his hands are shaking.

"Dad."

One word from a particular voice was all it took for Ten to lose his . He looked at the source of the voice and passed out when he saw what he feared most.

"Taeyong."


"Ten. Ten. Chittaphon. Ten," he hears someone call as his consciousness returns slowly. He can feel someone slapping his face and it really hurt. He swings his arm and hits whoever is slapping him. And jugding by the groan that the person let out, Ten hit him pretty hard.

He opens his eyes and sees Johnny nursing his cheek.

"You punched me," Johnny accuses.

Ten rolls his eyes. "You're such a drama queen. I didn't punch you. And it wasn't even that hard," he retaliates.

Ten stretches his limbs and groans in satisfaction as Johnny sits on a chair while still holding onto his slightly red cheek.

"What happened?" Ten breaks the silence.

"Well, you passed out when you saw the groom. Everyone panicked, Taeyong carried you here himself and uncle even called an ambulance, but they said you're okay. You just need to rest because you are clearly stressed," Johnny explains.

His breath hitches when he remembers what transpired before he passed out. "How long have I been asleep?" Ten asks.

"Almost an hour or so. You didn't miss the wedding, don't worry. There's still a few minutes before it starts." Johnny spoke with difficulty and massaged his probably broken jaw (he's overreacting).

Ten can't believe that he somehow forgot that he works for Taeyong's dad. He even saw and worked with Taeyong's sister a couple times but he still forgot. He remembered a conversation he had with her a few weeks back. She said something about Taeyong marrying someone else and she was really disappointed because she likes Ten far better than who his brother was marrying. He didn't quite catch what the older woman said. He was busy making a report for the project they're working on when she brought it up.

Ten sits up slowly as his head is still spinning. He regulates his breathing and massages his temples. Seeing Taeyong is stressing him out. He didn't really look at the wedding invitation Jaehyun sent him. Johnny just asked him a few days ago if he's ready for their friend's wedding. He had no idea what he was talking about. Johnny rolled his eyes like the drama queen that he is, dragged Ten somewhere and they went suit shopping. He was still confused because he has a lot of suits back at their apartment, why did he have to buy another one? That's when Jaehyun video called them and asked his supposed best men, Johnny and Ten (Doyoung is also his best man and yes, he can have three because he's Jaehyun), when they're coming to Seoul. Ten asked him why and Jaehyun frowned at him. The latter said that it's for his wedding and then he remembered the wedding invitation sitting on the desk in his bedroom. He didn't really have time to look at his mails due to his work.

"I'm starting to think that you don't love me anymore, hyung," Jaehyun sulked.

Ten smiled sheepishly and apologized. He immediately booked the earliest flight he can take to Seoul because Johnny is leaving in a few hours and he can't not be at his best friend's wedding.

A knock on the door snaps them both out of their reverie. Jaehyun opens the door carefully and smiles when he sees that Ten is awake.

"Thank God, you're awake," Jaehyun sighs. He walked to where Ten was and sat down next to him on the couch. "So," he trails off. "I'm marrying Taeyong hyung."

Ten looked at his best friend and smiled at him. "Yeah, wow. Time does change people, huh," he quips.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Jaehyun looked at him in the eyes, his question full of sincerity. Ten knows he isn't just asking about his current state of mind.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good. I've already taken a power nap," the Thai boy chuckles and nudges the younger.

Jaehyun engulfed him in a tight hug and buried his face in Ten's neck. "Hyung, I—" Jaehyun started but the older stopped him.

"You don't have to say anything," Ten reassured while hugging the boy back. "I don't have to know. I completely understand."

Jaehyun suddenly started crying and apologized to his best friend. "I'm sorry. I really didn't want this to happen. They forced us to do it," he wailed. "I told them that I don't want to marry Taeyong hyung. I thought hyung would also feel the same because I know how much he loved you but he said that he was okay with it. I wanted to stop this wedding at all cost and I thought inviting you would make him realize that he still loves you," he sobbed uncontrollably. "Hyung, I'm sorry. Please, forgive me. I am so sorry."

Ten hugged the boy tighter and ran his hand comfortingly down his back. "It's not your fault, Jae. You don't have to apologize. It's okay," he comforted his best friend. "I guess you thought wrong. Taeyong didn't love me and he's already happy with you. Don't cry, Jae. It's your wedding day."

The younger cried even harder. "Hyung," he whined. "Please, talk to Taeyong hyung. I can't and I don't want to get married. Not now, not to him."

"Look, who's finally freaking out," Ten chuckled, eliciting another whine from Jaehyun. "I can't," he sighed. "He's already decided and no one can stop him, you know that."

Jaehyun detached himself from Ten's embrace. "It wouldn't hurt to try, hyung," he said while wiping the tears from his eyes and cheeks.

"Jae's right," Johnny interjected, surprising the said boy.

"I didn't see you there, hyung. You surprised me," Jaehyun whined with a pout on his lips. Ten can't believe this child is getting married.

There's another knock on the door that intrigues them. The person opened the door with a sheepish smile.

"Jae, three minutes," Taeyong says but his eyes are on Ten. He gaze lingered for a few seconds but snapped out of it when Ten cleared his throat. He opened his mouth to say something, anything but he can't find the right words to say, so he left without a word. He sighed once he's closed the door. He heard their conversation and he wanted to tell Ten that he did love him, he still does and he's not happy with Jaehyun but he can't. The timing isn't right. It's just never right.

"Look at you," Ten doted. "Let's fix you up so you won't look like total ." He chuckled as his best friend pouted.

Jaehyun faced his hyung while Ten styled his hair, fix his make up and straightened his suit.

"You're wrong, hyung," Jaehyun said, his eyes closed, as Ten put some powder on his face.

The sentence alone held so much meaning and so many questions but he didn't say anything. He kept quiet and helped his best friend get ready for his wedding.

"He loves you," the younger boy mumbled.

Jaehyun slowly opened his eyes and looked at Ten's eyes. The latter's hand froze on his cheek.

"Jae," Ten whispered, his eyes full of unspoken feelings.

Another knock on the door broke their moment. The three looked at the door and saw Jaehyun's mother.

"It's time, Yoonoh," Mrs. Jung said with a gentle smile.

Jaehyun sighed. "I-I'll be right there, mom," he mumbled under his breath. He stood up and hugged his best friend one more time. "I'll make this right, hyung."

Ten looked at him with confusion written all over his face. He was about to ask what he meant but Jaehyun was already out the door. He sighed and shook his head.

"Come on, Johnny hyung," he urged. "Let's get this over and done with."