i do [2/2]

taeten moments

I actually finished this earlier than expected wow im so proud of myself lol

Ps. Listen to hozier's better love, cherry wine and work song as you read this bcs i did lmao

-----

 

 

 

 

Johnny stood up from his seat then they went to their places. Ten turned to look at Jaehyun and gave him an encouraging smile. The younger nodded at him despite looking distracted.

Ten felt happy knowing that his best friend is marrying Taeyong. Sure, it hurts just a little but he'll get over it. Taeyong is in good hands.

As an organ started playing the wedding march, Ten took a deep breath. He prays that he won't have a breakdown in the middle of the ceremony, in front of all these people. It's quite weird, though, that Ten is walking down the aisle along with Johnny and Doyoung a.k.a. Jaehyun's two other best men. Why can't Taeyong walk down the aisle? Why does Jaehyun have to? But it is his wedding, so Ten won't argue.

When it was Ten's turn to walk, his lips quivered as everyone looked at him. He set his gaze anywhere but the people sitting around the chapel. His eyes landed on Taeyong. He never really noticed him until now. Taeyong still looks the same except for his hair. He isn't sporting his platinum hair anymore, instead his hair is a light brown, softening his strong features. He looks exquisite with his tight black suit and cornflower blue tie. His body that used to look weak and fragile, is, now, strong and solid. He has muscles here and there that made him look even more gorgeous. His lips are set in a thin line, contemplating something, while his eyes are on Ten. His eyes still spoke wonders, burning with passion and desire. Ten felt as though he's being into a whirlpool. It's dizzying yet comforting. It seemed like forever as they stared into each other's eyes but, before long, Ten reached the altar and stood next to Doyoung who was already there. From where he was standing, he saw Taeyong's sister who grinned at him. He smiled back at the older woman whom he kept in touch with all these years. She really likes Ten for his brother and still roots for them. He just laughs at her when she starts talking about their past.

Johnny followed him shortly. After a few of Jaehyun and Taeyong's relatives have walked down the aisle, *the doors closed.

Everyone held their breaths as they stood. Then the doors opened again and revealed a distressed-looking Jaehyun, who was forcing a smile, being escorted by his parents.

The guests cooed at Jaehyun, assuming that he was nervous because he is, after all, getting married. But other thoughts are occupying the young man's mind. He can't get married to Taeyong. He just can't. His legs trembled as he continued walking. When they reached the altar, he looked at his parents, his eyes pleading. He talked to them when the doors closed briefly. They chuckled at him and told him that it's just wedding jitters. Except it isn't. They didn't listen even when he told them a million times before this wedding that he can't and won't marry Taeyong. If he marries Taeyong today, he won't just hurt himself but a lot of people around him. He can't go through with this wedding.

Jaehyun looked at Taeyong once his parents have passed him onto the older boy and have taken their seats. He held the older's forearms.

"Hyung, are you sure about this?" Jaehyun whispered to Taeyong. "You know, you can still walk out and I won't ever resent you."

Taeyong hesitated, his eyes wandering somewhere behind Jaehyun, before answering. "Yes, I'm sure. I want to marry you, Jae."

"No, you don't," he retorted. "Your hesitance just proved that you don't. And I don't either. Let's stop this before we both regret it, please."

The guests looked curiously at the couple who were whispering among each other, wondering what's taking so long.

"Jae, I swore to both our parents. I just can't break that because of my selfishness. I can't live with that on my conscience," Taeyong said with eyes full of doubt.

"But you can live a life full of regret and uncertainty?" Jaehyun asked, silencing the older. "Hyung, be selfish for once in your life. Don't always do the right thing, do what you want, what your heart wants. You won't be punished for doing what you really want. I know you want to be with Ten hyung. We both don't want to do this."

Without the knowledge of the two men, some guests started whispering themselves because of the pair who were hesitating. Their parents worried about their children who're delaying the ceremony.

Taeyong looked behind Jaehyun where Ten stood. Ten looked amazing. He still looks beautiful in Taeyong's eyes even with dark circles beneath his eyes, wrinkles forming on his forehead and disheveled hair. A bunch of what if's popped in his mind as he looked at his former lover. What if they were still together, would he be marrying Ten instead of Jaehyun? What if he was brave enough to fight for him, would Ten stay? What if he became selfish and chose the love of his life, would his parents still love him? What if he told Ten that he still loves him, would he take him back? What if he married Jaehyun today, would he learn to love him or would his memories with Ten still haunt him? There are too many what if's floating around his head, too many memories coming back to haunt him, too much emotion taking over him. But one thought stuck to his head.

"I can't marry you," Taeyong said aloud, making everyone gasp in shock.

Jaehyun nodded in understanding. "We both want different things," he trailed off as he looked at Doyoung, leaving the boy flabbergasted.

The guests stood from their seats and murmured their own opinion. Taeyong's sister looked like she wanted to jump up and down from joy if her husband didn't calm her down. Taeyong and Jaehyun's parents had their brows knitted together in confusion. Johnny was whispering something to Ten, who's still in shock. Doyoung stood there, rigid and still speechless.

 

"I want to be selfish," Taeyong started, his gaze directed at Ten. "I want to do what I was too afraid to do before. I want to be brave enough to love you, cherish you, protect you, fight for you and be with you for the rest of our lives. I want to be honest with you and tell you everything. I want to be your life support as you are mine," he paused to gather his thoughts for a moment. "I want to be there for your big moments. I want to cry with you, laugh with you, sit with you in front of the television while we talk about our day. I want to see and know who you really are, without your defenses, in all your vulnerability. I want to hold you at night, knowing that you'll still be there tomorrow. I want to give you everything that I have, everything that I am." He looked deep into his lover's eyes that screamed love and adoration for him. "I want you all to myself. I want to tell the world how much I love you. I want to grow old with you. I want to worship you because you are beautiful and amazing, and loving,  and passionate, and you're so perfect to me. I want to lay the world at your feet." He paused to catch his breath. "I want you, all of you. Every stupid mistake, every tear, every joyful moment, every flaw, every petty fight at 2 in the morning, every thought, every weird craving, every sudden surge of adrenaline, every fear, every ounce of love, every kiss, every pent up frustration, every beat of your heart, every insecurity, every lazy day, every childish tantrum, every worry, every loving stare, every moment of everyday, every part, every single inch of you; I want everything that you have to offer. I want to hold your hand and never let go. Ever." Taeyong held Ten's hand tightly, too afraid to let go, too scared that he'll wake up and realize that this is just a dream. "And I thank every god there was, there is and there ever will be... That I saw you here on my wedding day. And I had the courage to be selfish, the courage to fight for you. I love you so much. Words can't even begin to describe it," he said with so many emotions playing in his eyes.

Ten smiled brightly as tears flowed from his eyes. He couldn't believe that he's marrying his first love in the same chapel that he was supposed to get married in three years ago. The place didn't feel cold and haunted anymore. It felt warmer, full of love and ghost-free.

Everyone's happy for them. Taeyong's parents still accepted him and even urged him to marry Ten sooner rather than later. His parents love Ten, especially his dad. Jaehyun is contented with his life with Doyoung. The former's parents were disappointed but they learned to accept that their son and Taeyong just weren't meant to be. Taeyong's sister and her husband had their first child a year ago (and Taeyong and Ten are spoiling him). Johnny is still the same but happier since he and Taeil got back together (who knew that they'll end up together). And Ten's coworkers are even more jealous and salty because he's marrying the current Chairman of the Lee empire (yes, es, be jealous because they aren't breaking up anytime soon and the Chairman is hot as hell).

"Do you, Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul, take Lee Taeyong as your lawfully wedded husband?" The minister asked.

"I do," Ten answered in between sobs.

"Do you, Lee Taeyong, take Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul as your lawfully wedded husband?" The minister asked him next.

"I do," Taeyong said without thinking twice.

 

 

 

 


-----

*the closing of the doors before the bride enters thing is done here in ph im not sure about other countries so i'm just explaining lol and let's just pretend that gay marriages can be done in sokor even if it's far from reality

Ive been binge watching how i met your mother for the hundredth time so some of the lines are inspired by himym bcs i srsly love that series i edited the first part a little bcs i wasnt satisfied by it so there might be some slight changes mkay bye xx