roommate

taeten moments

hi im back finALLY I SURVIVED SCHOOL OUR SCHOOL IS UNBELIEVABLE I JUST— IM NOT EVEN GONNA RANT ANYTHING BC I'LL JUST CURSE EVERYONE IN OUR SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING WILL BE INCOHERENT BC IM SO FRUSTRATED ANyway hi how are you all i'm so busy huhuhuhu i need to sleep so i'm gonna pass out now bye xx

-----

 

"So you like him?" Johnny asked through the phone.

Ten giggled before answering, "I love him."

"Really?" He asked, surprised. "So what made you fall in love with this guy?"

"Well, he's really nice," Ten started.

He remembers the first time he met his roommate. It was four years ago, when he first came to Seoul. He welcomed Ten with open arms. He even helped him unpack and showed him around the university. He also offered to take Ten around Seoul, but he declined, saying that it's okay and he's also a bit tired from the flight. He smiled at Ten and nodded. Ten had trouble sleeping that night. He kept thinking about his smile.

"He's a really great cook," Ten added.

His roommate loved cooking and always cooked for him, whatever he wants. He even learned to cook Thai food, so Ten wouldn't be homesick. His food is always delicious and the presentation is always so amazing. Even when he's tired or busy, he finds time to cook for Ten. He's probably the best cook in the world. His cooking is better than any restaurant he's ever been to.

"He's also friendly."

His roommate is a social butterfly. He's practically friends with everyone, even their hoobaes. He's always smiling and greeting everyone.

"He's smart."

He may not look like it, but he's a genius. He is a music major in their university. He composes songs for companies even before they've met. He also likes writing random things and drawing, saying that they help him relax and forget about his life for a moment while creating another.

"He gives great advice."

Whenever his roommate's friends have any problem, they always come to him. He listens and gives advice when he needs to. Sometimes, he just listens, silently comforting his friends. Ten asked why he's great in giving advice. He said that he learns from life. He smiled sadly at Ten.

"He's really neat."

His roommate is a neat freak. Ten doesn't know how he manages to clean their whole room when he has a lot of projects to finish. Their room is always clean—even when Ten makes a mess while finishing his designs and writing complex papers his professors gave him—his roommate finds a way to clean their room without losing any of Ten's work.

"He's so cool and a great dancer."

His roommate once showed him a dance studio. Well, more like he dragged Ten. He was stressed and tired of sitting in front of his computer. Ten didn't know why he was dragged into this, but he doesn't ask. "This is my sanctuary," he said. Ten chuckled and asked him what he does here. "I like to dance whenever I feel tired of writing and composing. I found this place a while back, I danced till my legs shook. The owner saw me and gave it to me. She's really nice," his roommate said fondly. Ten nodded and asked him if he's going to dance. He shook his head and laughed. "No. We are going to dance. Don't think I didn't see you dance in our room."

"He's very passionate and sincere."

He does everything with passion and says everything with sincerity. When he kissed Ten longingly and whispered those three words, Ten felt like he could fly. Every time they kiss and make love, he's gentle and careful as if one wrong move and Ten will break. He treats Ten delicately. Sometimes he jokes if he's really his boyfriend and not his mother. He smiles and says I love you.

"He's just... Taeyong. So unique and so beautiful. And I just love him so much." Ten didn't even notice that he started crying. His heart and mind are so tired. He just wants to go back to America where Johnny is. He wanted to leave Seoul and forget everything. He doesn't want to see or hear anything that would remind him of Taeyong yet he just wants his roommate to come to him and tell him that it's alright. That as long as they're together, he doesn't care about what anyone would say. That Taeyong loves him. He bit his lip to stop his sobs.

"Sounds like you really love him," Johnny said, suddenly serious.

"I do. I really do," Ten whispered.

"Then what's stopping you?"

"Everyone, everything. Because we're two guys. Because we're different. And the society won't accept us. And because the world still hates people like us. And—" Ten choked on a sob. "I don't know anymore."

Ten looked at the clock and realized that his flight is about to leave. "I-I gotta go, hyung. I'll talk to you again when I get there, okay?" Ten hung up before Johnny could say anything else.

He got up from his seat and took a few steps before looking back. Good bye, Seoul.

 

-----

so sequel, anyone?