new year, still you

taeten moments

1930 words

 

 

-----

 

Ten was sleeping soundly just a minute ago when he heard his boyfriend creeping up on him. He hears him before the half-asleep boy feels him join him in the bed and wrap his arms around the younger.

 

“Wake up, baby,” Taeyong whispers then kissed a spot underneath his ear.

 

The Thai boy giggles. “Good morning,” he says, yawning.

 

“Brunch is ready. Brush your teeth first, okay?”

 

Ten hummed. He threw the blanket off his body, sat up and stretched his body. He walked towards the bathroom to brush his teeth. When he glanced at the door, his boyfriend was looking at him with a fond smile on his lips.

 

“What?” he asks, mouth full of foam.

 

Taeyong shook his head then left. The younger shrugged. He smiled broadly at the mirror when he finished brushing his teeth. He sauntered to the kitchen where Taeyong was waiting. His arms lingered around his boyfriend’s neck, his fingertips touching the skin of the other’s chest, then he leaned down to kiss the older who craned his neck to meet him halfway.

 

“I love you, baby,” Ten confesses, smiling at him when he pulled away.

 

He sat down on one of the high stools near the kitchen island next to Taeyong. Their hands found each other immediately. The older’s fingers played with the rings on his finger, both shining brightly in the sunlight.

 

“I love these,” Taeyong says with a cheeky grin.

 

“I love them, too, especially the one with a diamond on it. Look at that,” Ten says as he released Taeyong’s hand to admire the rings on his hand. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” The older hums. “My hot fiance gave it to me. When he secretly went to my house with my best friends and proposed to me in front of my whole family,” he brags. “It was super embarrassing, but extremely sweet. So, I said yes and, now, we’re getting married. In Thailand, of course.”

 

Taeyong chuckles. “I’m pretty sure he said you’re getting married here, in Seoul,” he counters.

 

“I’m pretty sure there won’t even be a wedding if we don’t get married in Bangkok,” the younger spits back.

 

“And I’m pretty sure he’ll do everything in his will to make that happen,” the older says, making them both laugh. He leans in towards Ten and they share a sweet kiss.

 

“I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

 

Once they’ve finished eating (both the food and each other, mostly on Taeyong’s part) and have showered, they got dressed and Ten is currently putting lip gloss on his boyfriend’s lips via his own. The younger is perched on Taeyong’s lap as he sat by the vanity mirror, his hands in Taeyong’s hair and his lips the life out of him. They exchanged saliva as Ten rolled his hips against the older’s. The latter groans into his mouth. His boyfriend pulled away before anything else happens. They couldn’t keep their hands off each other ever since the engagement. If they were like kittens in heat before, they are much worse, now. Ten wouldn’t stop touching him and kissing him when given the chance. The younger giggles, his breath hitting Taeyong’s face.

 

“Baby, it is on,” Ten whispers near his lips.

 

“No, baby, we just had in the shower and before we got dressed,” Taeyong whines. “We also experimented last night for hours. Give my a break.”

 

“Fine,” he huffs. “I love you, baby,” he says after a beat.

 

“I love you, too,” the older replies. “Now, get off so, we can leave. You know the malls and theaters close early today.”

 

“So bossy, I like that,” he purrs.

 

Taeyong rolled his eyes but said nothing. He dragged his boyfriend out of their room before he can do anything else. They needed to hurry if they still want to watch a movie.

 

The drive to the theater was quiet. Too quiet in Taeyong’s opinion. He can almost feel Ten plotting a plan to get the d. He sighed. His boyfriend is so unpredictable. He’d be shy one moment then be so forward about the next.

 

When they’ve reached their destination. The older was expecting a kiss or a threat or something but Ten simply held his hand and continued walking. His eyes narrowed a fraction. Now, he’s acting suspicious.

 

Taeyong got in line to buy the tickets for the movie they picked while Ten bought the snacks. He’ll probably buy lots of candy. Taeyong doesn’t mind though. He’s also got a bit of a sweet tooth but Ten is far more addicted to sweet treats.

 

Once the couple has entered the actual theater, Ten led him to a seat somewhere in the far back. It’s their favorite spot since not a lot of people sit there so it’s quiet and they can be in their own bubble without being judged or being bothered by other people. Perfect.

 

About 20 minutes into the movie, Ten’s hand brushes against Taeyong’s leg. The latter doesn’t mind and keeps watching the movie while munching on popcorn. Then his hand stays there, gripping his thigh. The older gives him a glance and he smiles innocently. When his boyfriend’s head turns back to the screen, his hand moves a few inches up his inner thigh. Taeyong puts a hand on top of Ten’s to stop him, eyes still fixed on the movie. When the younger’s hand moves back to his thigh, he wraps his arm around him to pull Ten closer.

 

“Behave,” he whispers.

 

And since Ten is stubborn and doesn’t like listening to his boyfriend, his hand and s his inner thigh. Ten knows which buttons to push to turn him into a hot mess but, today, Taeyong isn’t going to give in. He continued to watch the film with an air of calmness. He was barely reacting to the younger’s touch. He would hiss if he s too hard but, that’s it. Ten was getting frustrated with his boyfriend and it shows by the way he bites his lip and furrows his brows. Taeyong chuckles.

 

“I’m not going to be easy, baby,” he whispers then kisses Ten’s head without looking at him.

 

Taeyong finished watching the movie peacefully despite the frustrated male sitting beside him mumbling things under his breath. When the lights and the people started clearing the theater, Taeyong stretched in his seat while Ten sipped angrily on his cola.

 

“Don’t be sulky. The movie wasn’t bad, don’t you think?” the older asks with a chuckle as Ten scowled at him. “Don’t be like that. I’m just teasing, baby.” He pulled his boyfriend close and gave him a peck on the lips. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

The loud music coming from Johnny’s house could be heard from afar. Taeyong and Ten were still a few feet away from their friend’s house but, they could already hear the blaring music. The couple entered the house and proceeded to the kitchen where they’ll probably find most of their friends like they own the place. Some of their friends basically live there. They’re always in the giant’s mansion to party.

 

Johnny is known for throwing the best parties of the year. Like the Christmas party where Doyoung lost strip Uno, their high school graduation party where Taeil got so drunk and danced on the dining table, the party to start off Spring Break where Mark and Donghyuck got together (they grow up so fast), last year’s New Year’s Eve where they met Sicheng and Kun and the grandest and most legendary of all parties, Johnny’s Birthday Party. Most of them usually end up getting wasted on Johnny’s birthday or someone ends up getting pregnant because of one drunken mistake. Johnny Seo is like the Gatsby of their group.

 

“Hyung, you made it!” Donghyuck greets them. “TY Track is in the building, everybody! Booming system up, uh! TY Track! TY Track!”

 

“Let’s get you some water,” Mark says from behind him. “Sorry, hyung. You know how he is at parties.”

 

The young couple disappeared to the other side of the kitchen with Mark dragging a slightly tipsy Donghyuck. Ten laughed as they walked further.

 

“Hey, Taeyong and Ten are here!” Johnny, who was mixing drinks in his bar, announces. Their other friends looked at where the giant was looking and smiled and greeted when they saw the couple. Taeyong smiled shyly while Ten grinned.

 

“I could hear your party from a few yards away,” Taeyong chides. “Good thing you don’t have neighbors nearby.”

 

“They can complain and report to the police if they want to. I got connections and I got dirt on those people,” the taller male retorts.

 

They have no idea how but, Johnny knows a lot of people who can help him get away with everything. Taeyong thinks he’s a gangster of some kind while Jaehyun says it probably has to do with his maternal grandfather being a politician and his paternal grandparents controlling the Seo empire.

 

“It’s scary when you say things like that, hyung,” Sicheng whines, making them laugh.

 

The party went on just like how it used to; their group of friends sitting by the bar as they drank and shared stories from their work or their university.  

 

“Jaehyun laughed so hard he spat his tea,” Doyoung narrates as he told the story of Mark and Donghyuck fighting over who cooks better when they both can’t cook for their lives.

 

The four males live together in a dorm at their university which results to total chaos. Ten also lives with them but, he lives with Taeyong on holidays and breaks.

 

“Ten cried like a baby when Taeyong hyung proposed,” Jaehyun teases while he retold the tale of the couple’s proposal.*

 

“I swear, my boss has a crush on me,” Yuta says when they asked about his work. “It’s not like I’m complaining. He’s really muscular and tall, and cute. He has like a really cute nose. But, he’s like way older than me. He looks adorable even when he’s yelling at me then he apologizes right after like who does that?” He grins while talking. “And I heard he was a dancer when he was still studying. Smart, handsome, tall and a dancer? Who could ask for more? But, he’s not my type so, maybe, I’ll turn him down. What do you guys think?” They all looked at him incredulously.

 

“Looks like someone’s got a crush on their hot boss,” Taeil teases the Japanese male who sputtered nonsense as he blushed.

 

“Ten screamed when he saw a spider in our bathroom. I thought something happened to him but, when I got there, he was pointing at the spider with tears in his eyes,” Taeyong says while his boyfriend hid his face in his neck.

 

“I hate spiders, okay?!” Ten exclaims.

 

Their friends laughed at his blushing face. “That’s so typical of you, Ten,” Johnny says.

 

Before they knew it, it was a few minutes before midnight. “Hey, there’s like three minutes left!” someone announces from the living room.

 

“We should take a picture,” Ten says. “To remember this. Our first New Year as one, big family.”

 

“You,” Johnny calls while pointing to a guy passing by. “Take a picture of us and make it good, okay?”

 

The guy had no choice but, to follow the host of the party. They got in position; the couples huddling closer, the admittedly smaller males standing in front and the taller males standing behind.

 

“Happy New Year!” they yelled as the guy took a picture with Johnny’s phone and just as the clock struck 12.

 

 

 

 

-----

*as ten said taeyong brought his best friends with him to thailand which included jaehyun they probably partied while they were in thailand or smth idk

i couldn't find a decent ending so let's just leave it at that lol

my best friend and I have this tradition we watch a movie on her birthday, december 31st, and I give her a gift then we go our separate ways bcs i'm not allowed to spend new years with anybody besides my family for some unknown reason

oh aaaaaand~ this is the last fic for taeten moments/#RiseTaeTen2k16 no really this is the end i'm not kidding #RiseTaeTen2k16 is over it's time for a new era but there will be another set of fics for 2017 so look out for that!!!!! xx