Chapter 5 — The girls' rivals & Eunji's cousin

Opposites Attract

It was Monday and yet again another school day. Minah groaned as she walk through the hallways with her best friend.

"I'm surprised you & Woohyun don't walk to school together." she said.

"Minah, have you seen the students lately?" Eunji nudged Minah's arm and pointed at the students passing by. The girls passing by were glaring at Eunji.

"OH, right; my brother's popular. Forgot about that," she shrugged, Eunji pouted

"Ugh, of all people, he chooses her,"

"What does she have that I don't?"

"Bish, please. I'm hotter and much more prettier,"

Minah rolled her eyes and ignored the comments, telling Eunji to ignore them as well.

"Ew, what is she wearing?"

"Gosh, too much make-up."

"She's so fake,"

Minah had had enough, "Okay, people. That's enough. I get that you're all jealous of this lucky girl but what's the point of making bad & untrue rumors of her? Woohyun chose her because he likes her. Leave the girl alone. She's innocent. She didn't do anything bad to you, did she? Just move on, bishes." she sighed, looked at Eunji, who was totally gaping at her right now, and smiled sweetly. "I'm gonna go now. See ya later?"

Eunji nodded, still having wide open. She looked at the crowd. Some looked very guilty and some didn't care. She headed to her locker.

"Oh, and by the way, she's wearing a uniform and she's not wearing any make-up," Minah smirked and said before walking away. "Desperate ," Minah mumbled as she continue to walk to the classroom. Little did she know, Sungyeol was already walking beside her, "Hey, shorty."

"You're still gonna hang out with me after being called a couple? Don't you think this'll be enough?" Minah & Sungyeol have been the talk of the crowd. Most students would gossip about how the two are always together and would wonder if they're dating already. Minah have been hated but she didn't care. The people would always think wrong once they see the two quarrel almost everytime.

The boy rolled his eyes, "I don't care what people say, let them think what they want to think. It ain't illegal."

Minah just shrugged and agreed, "Whatcha want?"

"I saw what happened just awhile ago," he said as they step foot inside the classroom. They both sat on their tables.

"So?"

"Nice work,"

"Thank you?"

He just nodded and took his pencil, playing with it as he look around.

Then came an unfamiliar kid and took a seat just in front of Minah. Girls who stared at him go in squealed. The guys couldn't care less.

"Hey," Minah suddenly called and tapped the new boy's shoulder. Now she's guessing her rivalry meter against the girls just went up.

The boy blinked, turning his upper body & head around to face Minah, "Uh... hi," he bluntly said

Minah smiled, "You new?"

"Yeah,"

"Welcome to Woollim, I'm Minah," she put out her hand for him to shake. He nodded, took her hand and shook it.

"Thanks. I'm Myungsoo. Nice to meet you,"

Sungyeol watched as the two talk and groaned. Minah looked at Sungyeol, "You okay?" Myungsoo's attention went to him as well.

"Yeah, I'm fine." he mumbled.

She just shrugged and continued her talk with the new student until the teacher came.

--

The bell rang for lunch and the students shuffled out of the class.

"Hey, Myungsoo. Do you have anyone to sit with at lunch? Want to join us?" Minah smiled as they walk out of the classroom.

Sungyeol felt like the tail following the two around.

"Uh, yeah sure. And I need someone to show me around. Think you can help me?"

Minah nodded immediately, "Sure thing!"

They arrived in the cafeteria and met with Woohyun's friends, Eunji & Woohyun. The couple was, yet again, being all lovey-dovey.

"UGH. Cheesiness? Again? Really?" Sungyeol exclaimed

"You have to get used to it if you're gonna hang out with us for the rest of your life," Woohyun chuckled

"Aww. We're gonna be together for the rest of his life?" Eunji beamed

"Not if I die early of your cheesiness," Sungyeol mumbled

Eunji pouted as Woohyun rolled his eyes, "Well, in that case, until the rest of your life, baby." she giggled and blushed. Her gaze then turned to the boy beside Minah.

"Eunji?" the boy spoke.

"Myungsoo oppa!" she beamed

"You... you two know each other?" Minah blinked, Woohyun grew suspicious and protective, "Who's this guy?" he asked

Eunji smiled, "It's okay, oppa. He's my cousin,"

"Your cousin?" the siblings exclaimed

"Her cousin, didn't you morons hear?!" Sungyeol remarked

Minah just rolled her eyes, 'he's always in a bad mood,' and greeted the others, "Hey, Hoya, Sunggyu, Dongwoo."

The three nodded as a greeting.

"Since when did you come?" Eunji asked

"Just today," he responded. Eunji nodded in respond.

"Enough about him. It's me and you time," Woohyun pouted and whined. Eunji giggled and the two continued their cheesiness.

Sungyeol tried his best to ignore but ended up staring at them and wanting to smack Woohyun and his grease. Minah would always help him to ignore the cheesiness but she was too busy talking with Myungsoo.

Sunggyu saw his glances towards Minah and chuckled, "Hey, Sungyeol."

"Yeah, hyung?"

"Do you like Minah?"

"WHAT?! No. Why would I?"

"You seem jealou-"

"Why is everyone saying that word?" Sungyeol sighed in irritation.

"Maybe because you are." Hoya shrugged as he play with Dongwoo.

Dongwoo chuckled, "So are you two really dating?"

"Hyung, no. And will... never..." he looked away

The three just left him on his own and started their own random conversation.

Meanwhile with Minah and Myungsoo...

"Do you play tetris?" Minah randomly asked

Myungsoo chuckled, "Tetris?"

"Yeah, you know... the game?"

"You kidding me? I've been playing that game since I was like... 7!" he laughed

Minah beamed, "Omo! Same here!" she laughed along

"We should play sometime!"

"Why don't we play now?" Minah smirked

"And skip class?"

She shrugged. Myungsoo pretended to think for a moment then agreed, "Lets."

"OH YEA!" she stood from her seat as she follow Myungsoo out but before she could, Sungyeol caught her wrist.

"Where are you going?"

"To play tetris... why do you care?" *mehrong*

"Didn't say I did," he mumbled, letting go of her wrist. Woohyun saw this and smirked.

Minah came to face with Myungsoo as soon as she got out of the cafe.

"Do you like milk?" he randomly asked

"Are you kidding me? I love them!"

"GREAT!" he gave a milk box to her

"Thank you. :D"

The two spend the rest of the day goofing off, touring & playing around and hiding from teachers, things and students that would lead them into trouble.

In the end of the day, Eunji, Woohyun, Sungyeol, Minah & Myungsoo met up in the gates. The siblings didn't need to be driven home anymore. They decided to walk home with friends instead.

"What are you guys? Crazy? I haven't seen you since lunch!" Sungyeol exclaimed as he stare at Myungsoo and Minah in disbelief.

Woohyun's eyes widen as soon as he heard what Sungyeol said, "What? Minah, you did what?"

She sighed heavily, "Why you do you care?"

Ignoring her question, he walked off with Eunji, being followed by the left trio.

"What did you guys do anyways?" Sungyeol asked while he, yet again, walked behind the two.

"Something you wouldn't care about,"

"Will you stop being like this?" he mumbled. 

Minah faced Sungyeol with a raised brow. "What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, never mind."

The girl just shrugged and continued chatting with Myungsoo.