Chapter 2 — Ice Cream & The Race

Opposites Attract

After some days, Sungyeol & Minah have been hanging out and grew to be good friends. Sometimes they would even ditch their friends to hang out with each other.

It was Friday and Eunji & Minah decided to drop off for ice cream as they head home.

"Finally! No classes," Minah exclaimed as she swing her bag back and fro.

"Only for two days," Eunji mumbled.

Minah looked at her and sighed, "Don't ruin this," Eunji just shrugged.

When they got to the ice cream parlour, they immediately ordered and sat on a table near the window.

Minah watched people passing by then glanced at the sky, "Ah, why can't I just marry ice cream?" 

"I don't know, what's stopping you?" Eunji said as she her spoon, watching over her best friend with a straight face.

"Ice cream can't slide your wedding ring in your finger; you'll get sticky if they can," Minah mumbled, staring at her chocolate-flavoured ice cream as if it was a handsome prince. One glance at her looking at a food with such a lovestruck face would make anyone think she's a weirdo.

Eunji nodded, "Yeah and you can't make out and make love with it,"

"Ew, why would I make love with it? But I bet its cu-"

"OKAY, stop. That's just disgusting," Eunji shivered even when Minah haven't finished her sentence yet.

Minah laughed, knowing Eunji immediately caught up on whatever she was going to say, "You're so dirty-minded, Ms. Jung," The younger just rolled her eyes and Minah continued to talk, "But I can make out with it,"

"Minah, no."

"I'll show you!" As soon as Minah leaned in closer to her ice cream, someone called out for her.

"Minah?"

She stopped at the familiar voice and looked up, "S-Sungyeol!"

He blinked, "You eat ice cream like that?"

"N-No... just... sniffing it..."

"Weird," he chuckled. He then looked at Eunji and smiled, "Hey there, Eunji."

Eunji smiled back, "Hi, oppa."

"Yah, Sungyeol! Our ice creams are here! Get yours!" a familiar voice yelled

The three turned their attention to the familiar voice and saw Woohyun. Minah groaned and just went back to eating her ice cream as Eunji blush slightly and stare at the handsome figure. Sungyeol walked to where his hyung was and took his ice cream. "Thanks, hyung," Woohyun just nodded. 

As Sungyeol was about to turn back and head where the girls were, Woohyun interrupted him, "Hey, where ya going?"

"To where your sister and your dream girl are," Sungyeol walked off and left slightly-blushing Woohyun.

"Dream girl?" he mumbled then followed his dongsaeng. He glanced at Eunji and tried not to smile, "Hey,"

Eunji beamed and smiled, "Hi, oppa!"

Woohyun sat down beside her whilst Sungyeol sat beside Minah.

'He didn't even bother to greet his sister, how rude.' Both Eunji & Sungyeol thought. 'But cute,' Eunji continued.

Minah suddenly leaned near Sungyeol's ear and whispered, "Hey, why don't we leave these two love birds alone and get on with our own adventure in the park?"

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, looked at her and got a little shocked of the closeness. His eyes grew wide and he jumped out of reflex, surprising Minah who only innocently blinked at him.

"What?"

Sungyeol immediately shook his head and moved a little farther, "N-Nothing. Y-You have something on your lip," he gestured his thumb over her lips and turned away.

Minah raised a brow and brushed her fingers over her lips and checked if there was anything, "Do I still have it?"

Sungyeol looked back, and thankful that she had pulled away, "You're all good. Let's go," he mumbled and turned away.

"Hey, uh, can you guys excuse me? I wanna get some fresh air," Minah lied. Eunji & Sungyeol nodded in response. Woohyun didn't care and barely shrugged.

"I need to go use the bathroom," Sungyeol followed. The couple shared an 'okay' and let him go.

When Woohyun & Eunji weren't looking, Sungyeol turned around and headed outside, where Minah was waiting for him.

"Let's go?"

"Mwahaha! Let's!" Minah faked an evil laugh and Sungyeol chuckled

"Race ya there, shorty!" he winked

Minah faked an offended scoff, "You're on, tall stack!" she got into position, "On the count of three; one, two," she headed off before finishing her counting or even saying go.

Sungyeol gasped, "YAH! WHAT HAPPENED TO THREE?!" then started running after

Minah just laughed and ran continuously.

Before she knew it, the long legged boy was already running beside her, "HA!" he ran past her

Minah gasped and ran faster.

In the end, Sungyeol won and they were both panting and gasping for air. 

"Y-You... you cheater!"

"Me? Cheater? Pfft. How so?"

"I don't have long legs like you!"

"That's not cheating! That's called being AWESOME!"

"I AM AWESOME!"

"Yeah, awfully awesome,"

She rolled her eyes, "Still awesome,"

He sighed, "Be right back," he sprinted off

Minah gaped at him, "YAH! ARE YOU GONNA LEAVE ME HERE?!" but didn't bother to run after him. "Tch,"

After some minutes, Sungyeol came back with two bottles of water.

"Ohhhh, so you left me to get some water?! Mean,"

"Mean what?! I bought you one! I bet you're tired of running," he gave her the bottle, but as soon as she reached out for it, he yanked it back, "And losing,"

Minah scoffed, "YAH! Give it!" he tossed his hand up in the air where she can't reach for it.

She was now bouncing and trying to get it, "Sungyeol!" she whined

He laughed, "Shorty," and gave her the bottle.

"Mehrong," Minah stuck her tongue at him as she drank from her bottle. "Do you think they're ... a couple now?"

"We ditched them and the first thing you ask is that?"

She just rolled her eyes, "I just hope Eunji gets what she wanted after all these... months," she mumbled

Sungyeol groaned. "I bet she will. And Woohyun too,"

"You think Woohyun likes her back?"

"You two really don't get along well, do you?" he chuckled and Minah just shrugged with pursed lips that attempted a smile, "Well, of course. Behind Eunji's back, he's been drooling over her!"

She laughed, "Yeah?"

"Mhm," Sungyeol shrugged, "I just hope when those two get together, I won't have to face their cheesiness,"

"It'll be cute!" Minah said as she toss her bottle and catch it again.

"Doubt it," he mumbled as he sat down a bench, "Woohyun could be so cheesy, rats will be all over him,"

Minah laughed at his last sentence, sitting beside him as she and Sungyeol watched the sun go down.


LALALALALALALA. YAAAY. MORE SUBSCRIBERS. ^-^ Hope you liked this chapter. I can't wait to listen to those two's bickering. x3 Comment. :D