Chapter 17 — Kept Present

Opposites Attract

It was finally the day of the Secret Santa and Small Christmas Party. After getting ready, Minah & Myungsoo waited in the couch for the others. Finally, Woohyun had come out of his room.

"Finally," Minah said, watching Woohyun go down the stairs in casual clothes.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow, "You guys didn't do anything bad, right?"

Minah facepalmed herself and Myungsoo chuckled, shaking his head, "No hyung,"

Woohyun nodded, "Good," he headed to the couch and sat beside his sister. Myungsoo had excused himself to go the bathroom.

Minah turned to him, "So, how's Eunji doing?"

Woohyun beamed, "GREAT!" he grinned.

Minah raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "You are so obsessed,"

Woohyun pouted, "It's called love. You'll experience it someday," he playfully wink whilst Minah just rolled her eyes, "And Minah, can you do me a favor?"

His sister raised another eyebrow and asked, "No,"

"For Christmas?" Woohyun pleaded

Minah heaved a sigh and finally gave in, "Fine. What is it?"

"It's no big errand, just... try calling us oppa for once, arasseo?"

Minah blinked and tilted her head a little to the side, thinking about it. And just when she saw Myungsoo coming back from the bathroom, she beamed and said "Okay,"

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Minah got up, "I'll get it!" she headed to the door and opened the door, revealing beaming Sungjong, flashing-a-peace-sign Sunggyu, grinning widely Dongwoo, saluting Hoya & emotionless Sungyeol.

Minah smiled, "Hey, guys! Come in,"

Everyone went in and was most surprised they saw Woohyun sitting comfortably on the couch.

"WOOHYUN-AH! YOU'RE ALIVE!" Sunggyu exclaimed, attacking him with a bear hug. Woohyun exclaimed at his sudden attack.

"AAH. LET GO OF ME, KIM SUNGGYU. I'M TAKEN," he yelled as he flail around when Sunggyu was leaning in to kiss his cheek.

Everyone else ignored them and just made a conversation.

"Good to have him back," Hoya smiled.

Minah flashed a slight happy smirk and nodded, "Yeaaaah~"

Beaming, Sungjong turned to Minah and grinned. "Minah! Whose Secret Santa are you?"

Minah faced him back and raised an eyebrow, holding her index finger up and shaking it in front of him, "Nuh-uh-uh. It's a surprise~" she giggled and walked away

Sungjong blinked, "Huh? Wait! Is it me? Is that why you won't tell me?" he squealed, following Minah up

Meanwhile, Sungyeol & Myungsoo gave each other glances then looked away.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and smiled, "So... shall we start?"

---

They were now sitting on a circle, starting the Secret Santa. The presents were gathered inside of the circle.

"Okay! Who wants to go first?"

Everyone looked at each other, waiting for someone to raise his hand and talk. Minah rolled her eyes at how no one was volunteering. She blew her bangs and whistled, "I do!" everyone's looked at her and smiled

She scanned the presents and took a red present box with a sparkling bow on top of it. "Ah, so..." she started, "Merry Christmas, oppa," she smiled and handed the gift to Sungjong.

Meanwhile, Sungjong jumped up and danced on his seat, "YES! I KNEW IT! THIS IS SO EXCITING I WONDER WHAT YOU-" he paused, "Wait, did you just call me oppa?"

Just now, Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo & Sungjong stared at Minah bewildered since she hadn't called anyone by that while Sungyeol raised his eyebrow, sticking his lower lip while Myungsoo was smiling slightly and Woohyun was chuckling. Her brother patted her head, "Good girl,"

Minah blushed and nodded, "Ne,"

Woohyun grinned and turned to everyone, "Sungjong! It's your turn,"

But he barely moved, "She..." he started, "Who is she?"

"Yah, it's not that surprising," Minah pouted.

Soon, they had finished their Secret Santa and moved on to the giving presents for everyone. Sunggyu ended up having Hoya his Secret Santa, Hoya's Woohyun, Woohyun's Dongwoo, Dongwoo's Sungyeol, Sungyeol's Myungsoo, Myungsoo's Sungjong, Sungjong's Minah & Minah's Sunggyu.

And if anyone was wonder what had happened when Sungyeol knew his Secret Santa was Myungsoo...

Myungsoo took his present and glanced at Sungyeol. He heaved a sigh and pushed his hands over to Sungyeol, "Merry Christmas... from your Secret Santa," he mumbled. Sungyeol's brow raised and he was surprised.

Minah, amused, smirked slightly and chuckled a little, "What are you waiting for, oppa- take it,"

Sungyeol eyed Minah and took the present, and looked inside. His eyes squinted as he saw a card. After reading what was written on the card, he shot up and glared at Myungsoo, "YAH! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" he spat

Myungsoo tried to hold in his laugh, "Well... I just thought you needed help," he snickered

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow and took the card, he chuckled after reading. Dongwoo & Hoya gathered beside him, "What is it, hyung?" they asked. Sunggyu gave the card to Dongwoo, expecting him to laugh the loudest after reading. He expected right. Dongwoo thew into big fits of laughter while Hoya chuckled.

"Aish," Sungyeol frowned and glared at the others. Minah blinked and so did Woohyun and Sungjong. Minah crawled over and took the card, reading what it said out loud, "My friend can help you with your Anger Management," she paused and giggled, "Call her if you want to,"

Woohyun looked at Sungyeol, "Well, you are always grumpy..." he mumbled.

Sungyeol frowned more and dropped the glaring, "Am not," he whined

"If you don't want it, you can just call her for... something else," Myungsoo whispered and teased.

Meanwhile, Minah had heard it and her giggles got lesser, she frowned at what Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes, "Let's... just move on,"

And that was how Sungyeol-knowing-his-Secret-Santa-was-Myungsoo incident happened.

Now everyone was giving their presents to anyone they had bought for. When it was Myungsoo's turn, Sungyeol had left to use the bathroom.

After doing his business, he went to the sink, washed his hands and then rested them on the sides. He looked at himself in the mirror, then he dugged into his pockets and took something out. It was the necklace with the milk pendant he saw in the store. He smiled slightly, "I hope you like this, Minah,"

Meanwhile, the others continued with the presents. Myungsoo looked around and picked up his presents.

"I-uh.." he pursed his lips, "got everyone presents,"

Sungjong beamed, "Yay! More presents,"

"Come at us, man!" Hoya grinned

Myungsoo nodded and gave out his gifts. Everyone had liked their presents and thanked him for them.

"You're welcome guys," Myungsoo bowed his head. 

Minah pouted, "How about me? Where's my present? You gave Sungyeol one but none for me?"

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head, "I saved the best for last~" he cooed, making Minah blush.

Now everyone turned to him with poker faces, thinking how that line was cheesy. Meanwhile, with Sungjong, he thought it was inappropriate.

He gave her a cute small plastic bag and smiled, "Merry Christmas, Minniepoo!"

Minah beamed and took the present excitedly, digging her hand into it and gasping slightly as she took the present out. It was the necklace they had seen in the shop, the milk pendant. "Waaaah!" she squealed, "You bought it anyways," she grinned and put the necklace on.

Myungsoo smiled, "Glad you like it,"

As if on cue, Sungyeol had went back from the bathroom. It was now his turn to give out presents.

After giving the others their presents, except Minah. She opened to complain again, "Yah! How about me?"

Sungyeol, before turning his head to her, smiled and then turned around, only to see the milk necklace in front of him. AND on Minah. He blinked and frowned, 'she... got it already?'

"What are you staring at, idiot?" Minah puffed her cheeks and then realized he was looking at her necklace. She then held it in her hand and looked at him, "You like it? Myungsoo gave it to me,"

With those words, Sungyeol froze. He can't believe someone had actually got before him. And it was Myungsoo! The guy he had never liked. 'I knew he was trouble,' he pouted inside.

Minah tilted her head, "Well? My present?"

Sungyeol got out of his thoughts, "You don't have one," he coldly muttered

Minah gaped, "Eh? Yah! No fair!"

"I'll... buy you something else, alright?" he walked away

Minah raised her eyebrow then turned to everyone else, who was also surprised, "What's wrong with him?"

They all shrugged and mumbled clueless words.

Sungyeol sighed as he go back to the bathroom. 'That's it. I lost.'