Chapter 1 — The new guy

Opposites Attract

It was Tuesday and everyone kept talking about the new student.

"I heard he was hot!"

"I heard he was tall,"

"I heard he and Nam Woohyun oppa are close!"

"Well, from what we've been hearing, I bet he'll be quite a charmer,"

BAM! The classroom door slammed open as a tall, handsome figure ran in.

Everyone's attention turned to the person who was panting, "Ch-Chesonghamnida," he mumbled and bowed.

The teacher raised his eyebrow, "Hm? And who may you be?"

The boy cleared his throat, stood up properly and bowed, "I'm the new student, sir,"

Mr. Kim nodded in understanding as he wave the boy over. He obeyed and ended up facing the class. Most girls squealed at the figure.

"Please introduce yourself,"

The boy nodded, "Annyeonghaseyo," he bowed, "I'm Lee Sungyeol,"

"Omo, is he the new guy?"

"Indeed, he is hot!"

"Kyaaaa~"

Mr. Kim cleared his throat, glanced at the boy and then flashed a cheesy smile, "Hey there, boy. Welcome to Woollim," he cheerfully said

Sungyeol blinked at his sudden change of mood but waved it off anyways, "Thank you, sir! I hope I enjoy it here!" he smiled widely

"I'm sure you will. With me around? Puhlease," Heechul smirked cockily, then gestured his hand to where a pretty, normal looking girl sat, "Please sit by her—whatsherface,"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she glare at the childish teacher, "I'm Minah. MINAH," she dragged out.

"Right, yeah. Who cares?" Heechul teased, Minah groaned. Luckily, Heechul treated his students very nicely and as if they were just his little devilish students that he can casually play around with or scold at the same time.

Sungyeol chuckled and walked towards to where she was and sat next to her.

She checked him out (not in a erted way or flirty way.) and smiled, "Hi."

He didn't respond as he was listening to the discussing teacher, who was also playing around. Sungyeol laughed at something he said and Minah pouted, deciding to shake it away and laugh along with the students at the playful teacher.

After class, the students shuffled out the classroom and in to the cafeteria. As Minah walk to her locker, she saw a familar figure next to it.

"Sungyeol-ssi?"

Sungyeol looked at her then smiled, "Oh hey. Minah, right?"

She nodded furiously, "Thank gosh. I thought you were ignoring me,"

He blinked, "Why would I ignore someone so pretty?" he smiled.

She faked a cough, "Pretty? Thanks? And I don't know. You didn't respond when I greeted you in class,"

"Sorry. I don't think I heard you over the teacher's loud goofing," he chuckled

She sighed, "Yeah; no one does," she mumbled. "Heading to the cafeteria?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am. It's... lunch break?" he said matter-of-factly and tilted his head teasingly.

"Oh, right."

The two parted after entering the cafeteria. Sungyeol headed to where Woohyun, who was Minah's brother, was and greeted them. Minah didn't see this and just headed to where Jung Eunji was.

"Hey," Eunji greeted, Minah nodded as a greeting back, "Heard of the new student?"

"Oh, yeah. Lee Sungyeol? I've heard of him," she shrugged, "Our locker's right next to each other and he's a seatmate,"

Eunji blinked and gasped, "Really? So you're his locker buddy, a seatmate in class and your brother's best friend? It's like you guys are meant to meet or something," Eunji grinned, intrigued of her own theory while Minah just choked at her romanticist of a best friend.

"My brother's best friend? I didn't know he was my brother's best friend. He's just new!" she exclaimed, furrowing her brows and frantically searching the room for her brother's cocky head - and maybe Sungyeol's too.

Eunji shrugged, "Maybe because you two were too busy with yourselves you never even cared about each other," she stuck her tongue out

"Well... yeah, I guess," Minah didn't care anymore, she and her brother holds a very ... revenge-ful & un-friendly relationship. Neither one of them knew why though. It just happens.

"Isn't he hot?" Eunji sighed dreamily as she stare at Sungyeol.

Minah looked where she was looking and raised her eyebrow, "I don't know. I guess he's cute,"

"Dude," Eunji rolled her eyes at her best friend who was 'totally missing out on a new hottie' and continued to drool over the new guy.

Minah's eye twitched at Eunji's behavior, "You're drooling. Plus, I thought you're chasing my brother,"

"It's not chasing, Minah! It's called crushing on a guy for like, just four years or so,"

"You just sounded desperate," Minah sent her a sly smile and snickered.

Eunji pouted, "Shut up,"

Minah shrugged and stood up, "I'm gonna go get a beverage. You want something?"

Eunji shook her head and Minah went on her way to the drink machine.

Meanwhile with Sungyeol...

"Yo, man! Wassup? Long time no see, Heh." Woohyun said as he gestured the tall boy to sit in front of him with his other friends.

"Yeah, what took you so long?" Hoya asked as he chew on his apple.

"Your mom," Sungyeol sarcastically said as the boys chuckle, "Anyways, I'll go get something to eat,"

He stood up, walked towards to the counter as everyone stare at him walk flawlessly. Sungyeol may look adorable, but he sure is one collected person.

Minah was just walking back to the table who ended up buying a milkshake when she bumped to someone, almost spilling her shake all over the said person. Luckily, she got a hold of it before it could spill.

"Woops!" 

"Whoa-"

Both sighed in relief, "Sorry about that," Minah looked up at the familiar figure and blinked, "Oh, hey, Sungyeol,"

He smiled, "It's okay, and hey,"

Her slight smile turned to a very wide and cheeful smile, "I heard you're friends with my brother?"

"Your brother?"

"Yes. I'm the Nam Minah who's the Nam Woohyun's little sister,"

"Woohyun has a sister!?" 

Minah gaped at him for a few seconds for not being aware of his so-called best friend's sibling but soon went back to normal as she knew it wasn't really a normal thing for both of them to mention each other (Woohyun/Minah), "Yeah..." she dragged out, pursing her lips.

"Sorry, Woohyun didn't tell me anything,"

"Yes, I can understand," she rolled her eyes, he chuckled

"That boy. I should punish him. He embarrasses me," he mumbled. Minah blinked; no one has ever talked about Woohyun like that, even behind his back. Whoever does, dies.

"What, you take over him?"

"The guy is innocent and an idiot," he said, then looked at Minah, "Shouldn't you know this? He is your brother after all. You guys live under the same roof, right?"

The girl nodded then shrugged, "Yep, but it's as if we're not,"

He blinked, "Eh?"

"We share a very stranger-ish relationship,"

"Oh, that's sad."

"Naah, not really. It's fun,"

"You two are weird,"

"Nuh-uh!" 

"And childish,"

"Hey!"

The two continued their conversation until the bell rang. They both headed to the classroom after bidding their goodbyes to their friends.


OMFG. THAT WAS BORING. D; I'm sorry. Probably not what you guys expected. Buuuuuut, I promise you the next one will be much better. D8 Please don't unsubscribe. OTL. Oh, and I already got 13 subscribers!?!?!? 8DD OMFG. THANK YOU. <3