Chapter 15 — Stuck with meanie & charming

Opposites Attract

"Are you sure Woohyun didn't want to come? I mean.. it's ice skating, shopping for presents & other fun stuff, he wouldn't miss it, right?" Myungsoo questioned as he, Minah & Sungyeol rode the bus to the mall.

Minah blew air at the now-air-filled window while she doodle random things on it, "In this case, yes. Finally, she found connection and they're both chatting non-stop,"

"That's just stupid," Sungyeol commented.

Minah chuckled, "Tell me about it,"

Myungsoo nodded, "Yeah... and desperate,"

The other two laughed and agreed, "Woohyun's middle name," Minah followed

Myungsoo smiled, peeked over Minah's shoulders to see what she was doing. "Cute rabbit,"

Minah got startled and jumped on her seat a little, "Huh? Oh thanks? It's supposed to be a giraffe but... whatever," she blushed in slight embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry," Myungsoo chuckled, "Either way, it's still cute," he complimented.

Sungyeol, who was unconsciously playing on his phone & losing badly, groaned at the two's moment. Minah noticed this and raised her eyebrow, leaning forward and looking over Sungyeol, "Hey, meanie?" Minah called, smirking playfully, "You alright? You've been losing and... groaning,"

The asked boy just rolled his eyes and continued, and tried, to focus on his game. He's still irritated and bothered by the other two's closeness and why he cares about it so much.

--

When they arrived in the mall, Sungyeol & Minah were, yet again, arguing. About what?

"No, purple's better," 

"Nuh-uh. Brown is,"

Yes, arguing about a stupid thing indeed.

"No, purple is the best!"

"You can't find any purple puppies running around, can you?!"

"Dude, that's stupid, why would I be talking about a unique colored puppy?"

Myungsoo facepalmed himself and stood between them, "Hey, hey, you know what's really stupid?"

The two looked at him.

"You two FIGHTING OVER A STUPID SUBJECT!" He spat, then looked at Minah, "I'm sorry," he muttered

Minah sheepishly smiled, "Nah, nah. It's alright. It is stupid."

Sungyeol just rolled his eyes and walked ahead, leaving the other two. Minah & Myungsoo just watched him go, looked at each other then shrugged, following him behind.

Being in too deep thoughts about Minah & Myungsoo, Sungyeol bumped to a someone. "Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized, bowing to the person.

The person, —or rather, girl—just giggled and nodded her head, "It's okay, Sungyeol oppa,"

Sungyeol raised his eyebrow. How does she know his name. Yeah, he's a kingka at school, but that's only at school. The girl must be from school too then. He looked up to see Soojung, one of the queenkas in the school. "Oh, it's just you," he said in a cold manner

Soojung just tilted her head to the side slightly and blinked. She opened to say something but then someone had cut her off.

"Soojung-ah!" Myungsoo suddenly called, running over to them and leaving Minah behind.

Minah blinked as her eyes widen, "Y-Yah! Chakkamanyo!" she said and ran after him. She looked at Myungsoo then at Soojung, 'Oh... it's her,' she thought

Myungsoo, however, did not mind Minah and just stared at Soojung. The girl looked back at him and smiled sweetly, "Oh, annyeong, Myungsoo oppa!" the greeted person grinned immediately.

"Soojung-ah!" another voice called.

The called person looked back, "Oh, Jinri unnie,"

Jinri was going to say another thing but instead she said, "Oh, oppadeul, annyeong!" as soon as she saw the two, leaving Minah behind. Jinri eye-smiled and waved at the boys then turned back to the younger, "Soojungie, we gotta go now. Kaja~"

Jinri then turned back to the boys, "Annyeong, oppadeul~" and trailed off with Soojung.

Myungsoo happily waved while Sungyeol just stayed still and Minah watched them go, 'I can't believe they didn't see me,'

Sungyeol gives Myungsoo a glance and raises his eyebrow, 'He looks like an idiot. Such a happy idiot. So happy. Too happy,' Sungyeol then looked at him with a stupid look

Minah's gaze went to Sungyeol and saw his face. Her looks changed into a weirded out look from how Sungyeol looked. "Sungyeol-"

"Why are you so happy," he suddenly bursts

Minah abruptly facepalmed herself at his stupid question. Myungsoo just looked back at him with a confused look, "E-Eh?"

"Ice cream," Sungyeol shortly says and walks away.

The two looks at each other with confusion and blinks, but shrugs as soon as they realize they were going to get ice cream, following Sungyeol.

They spent hours buying presents and roaming around. Minah spotted a certain gift shop and went in, beaming, without telling the others.

"Hey, Minah, isn't that-" Myungsoo paused midsentence after realizing Minah was no where in sight. "H-Hey, where's Minah?" he asks Sungyeol in front of him who was mindlessly walking.

Sungyeol paused then looked back, "Wasn't she with you a while ago?"

Myungsoo nodded, "Yeah- but she's not here now,"

"Well, how am I supposed to know? I was barely walking beside you two to notice if she had ran off,"

Myungsoo went in the shop and approached Minah. "Hey, Minah!" 

Minah was currently checking out a coffee key chain and thought of a certain person. 'Should I buy this for him? Will he like it though? Would he even accept it?' she thought. She stopped after hearing someone call her name. She realized it was Myungsoo and looked up, "Oh, hey!" she smiled and put the key chain back.

"Why'd you suddenly disappear?" he chuckled

Minah shrugged, "I saw cute things so I went in~"

Myungsoo nodded, he started looking around too and spotted a necklace with a pendant that looks exactly like Minah's previous profile picture. He smiled and held it up, "Look!"

Minah blinked and looked, "Whoa! It looks like-"

"Your previous profile picture,"

The girl nodded, "Ne! Wait, you knew about that?"

"Ehe- Yeah. I... uh.. checked all your pics out," he sheepishly explained as he rub the back of his neck

Minah blushed, "Oh, so you saw all my derp pictures," she chuckled

"Mhm~"

They continued to look and play around meanwhile Sungyeol was partly lost. He roamed around to see where the others were, 'They left me.' He sighed. He decided to look for them. He went back and looked in the stores, finally, he saw Minah & Myungsoo playing around with stick figures in a corner so the cashier won't see. 

Sungyeol went in and went pass by a shelf. He pauses after seeing something. Sungyeol looks to his side and tilts his head, 'Oh, look. A necklace with a milk pendant just like Minah's previous profile picture. Should I buy this for her? Will she like it though? Would she even accept it?'

Meanwhile, Minah saw Sungyeol browsing some things. "Oh!" she smiles, "Look, it's Sungyeol~" she said and approaches him.

Myungsoo blinks and looks up, following her after he purses his lips.

"Sungyeol!" Minah exclaimed, making Sungyeol jump and drop the necklace. Minah tilts her head and looks down. She bent down and picked the necklace up. "Oh, what's this?"

"Hey, it's the necklace we saw awhile ago," Myungsoo spoke, looking at Sungyeol with a hard stare, "Were you going to buy this for a special someone?"

Sungyeol looked away, shaking his head, "Of course not,"

Myungsoo inaudibly clicked his tongue and smirked slightly.

Minah shrugged and put the necklace back. "Oh, well. I'm... done shopping. Let's go back?"

"Not yet! We haven't went ice skating yet!" Myungsoo said.

Minah giggled and nodded, "Arasseo! Let's go to the skates!"

Myungsoo grinned and took her hand, pasing by Sungyeol and going out of the shop. Meanwhile, Sungyeol turned around and gave the necklace just one glance. He argued with himself if he would buy it for her. But ended up walking away from it, and following the two to wherever they go.