CHAPTER 8

Walking With You

 Block B (Zico, Kyung & U-Kwon) ft. Mino & Hanhae (Phantom)-It's Not Over (Miss $)

A/N: I’m serious! U should listen to this song! It’s my favorite song all the time!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Jimin dragged himself into his old small apartment. He closed the door behind him with his feet and leaned against it. His gaze went around the area before him. The large empty area made him felt lonelier. The place he once lived alone for years before locked up in the jail for four years.

“I’m so tired” he pushed himself off the door and stretched his shoulders. Jimin set his feet into the empty living room. He saw his flashback. Before he left the house, the living room was cozy with couch, coffee table and a TV. On the couch, he saw himself from years ago with

“Umji-ah” he whispered her name. There was a hint of melancholy in his voice. Jimin saw himself watching the TV with a girl with puffy cheeks and long hair resting her head on his lap. “Oppa” Umji turned her view from the TV to Jimin. She playfully pocked his cheeks and giggled. “Yah” Jimin chuckled and tickled her. She laughed and tickled him back.

                There was a small smile in Jimin’s face at the thought of the memory. Her voice was so sweet that he thought he could really hear her. But his smile didn’t last long when dark memories hit him.

-Flashback-

                Umji was coughing hard as she ran towards the bathroom. She had to cover with her other hand holding her stomach.

“Umji-ah! You okay?!” Jimin was following behind. Umji couldn’t stop from coughing. She bent over the sink.

                Blood spit out as she cough more, turning the water from faucet scarlet. Her cough stopped. Umji raised her gaze to the mirror in front of her to see Jimin’s reflection.

“Umji-ah” he was stunted. Jimin stared at her pale face in disbelief. “Oppa” she tuned and buried her face into his embrace. She started to sob.

“I don’t want to die!” “Umji-ah” Jimin pat her back. Both of them knew they don’t have much time to spend together.

*             *             *

                Umji and Jimin were at the rooftop of a building. The sky was already dark. Stars and moon shown themselves at the sky. Umji rested her head on Jimin’s shoulder as they watched the stars.

“I wish we could stay together forever” Umji whispered. “Of course we can” Jimin cherished her pale cheeks. His eyes went to her face. “See that?” he pointed to the Moon and stars.

“You are the Moon and I’m the star. I’ll always be there with you, protecting you. Nothing can keep the moon away from the star. Same goes for both of us”

                Umji smiled at his words. She pushed his hand aside and stood. She stared at the city below. 

“Can you do me a favor, oppa?” she asked and glanced at him. Jimin stood and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. “If that can make you smile, I’ll do it” he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“But” Umji turned to face him. “If you help me…you’ll get hurt”

“I don’t care. As long as you’re happy” Jimin embraced her.

 

 

“Jimin oppa, can you kill me?”

                Jimin’s eyes widened, both disbelief and confused. His heart shattered. His thought whirled and he was too numb to even respond to her words.

“Please. Help me” Umji hugged him tighter. Her tears flowed down. “Both of us know my illness can’t be cure. I’d better be off soon than wasting money to cure me. I know I can’t be cure forever. And I should stop making you worry about me”

                Jimin slowly lifted his hand and patted her back. He never thought he could even blinked back tears, but his tears streamed down his face.

“Please, grant it. Since it’s my birthday today. That’s my last wish” she whispered. “Umji-ah” he chock out. “Tell me. How can I kill the most precious person to me? I can’t forgive myself if I really kill you. How will I love in this world without you?”

                They were silent. Jimin broke the hug and gazed into her eyes. He suddenly chuckled and wiped away his tears. “I’m sorry you have to see cry”

                Umji smiled and wiped her tears. He took her hands.

“I’d always love your smile. That’s why I fell for you. And I want you to smile forever” he took a deep breath and forced a small smile. “I’ll do it” His lips trembled to keep his smile but his smile didn’t last.

“Thank you, oppa” Umji leaned in and locked lips with him. Her tears flowed down.

*             *             *

                Jimin and Umji were walking hand in hand to the edge of the building. They stared down to the city below them.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t do this alone” Umji voiced. “And I’m sorry for making you do this, oppa”

“It’s fine. I want you to be happy” he lied. “Thank you, oppa. For everything” she squeezed his hands.

                She stepped away from him. The back of her shoes was on the very edge of the building. Jimin held out his arms to push her off but paused. Tears already rolled down his cheeks.

“Umji, I love you” he voiced. “I love you too, Jimin oppa” she smiled.

                Her fragile body flew off the building as Jimin pushed her. His legs gave up and he fell onto his knees, sobbing as he heard a loud thump on the road below him with women screams. He was unable to think nor move. The door to the rooftop burst open with people rushed to him and held him. Jimin didn’t respond to harsh words threw to him. He didn’t talk as much. Even on his trial day. With the power of law, he was thrown into the prison for four years.

-End of flashback-

                Jimin dragged his feet to the bathroom with tears left on his trail. At the thought of the hurtful memories, he can’t stop his tears from flowing. He lifted his gaze to the bath tub in front of him. He stared at it between his bang.

-Flashback-

                Jimin soaked in the bath tub full of water. He continued to stare at the burning photograph of him and Umji in his grip. The ashes fell onto the floor and stained it. He couldn’t cry anymore. Bang on the locked door of the bathroom could be heard following with his name being called numerous times. Jimin ignored whoever were out there.

“Umji-ah” he whispered and released the last bit of the burning paper. *I’m coming to you* Jimin drawn himself into the bath tub. The door sprang open with the destroyed door knob fell onto the floor. Jimin’s view went blurry as he was underwater but he saw silhouettes ran to him before he shut his eyes.

-End of flashback-