CHAPTER 15

Walking With You

B.A.P-Coma

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

                Yerin and Seunghwan were at a street food tent that night.

“Oppa, I can’t drink” she complained. “I know” he smiled. “That’s why” Seunghwan took out a bottle of apple juice from his bag. “I bought this for you. Thank you for accompany me to drink” he gave it to her.

“Thank you oppa” Yerin took it. She uncapped it and drank it. Seunghwan was looking at her with a smile.

                Yerin’s eyes suddenly felt heavy and she blinked a few times. She shook her head to ward off her sudden sleepiness. She failed to stay awake and her head fell onto the table with a thud. Seunghwan continued to stare at her with a smile.

“Namjoon, send this to that table” the stall’s ahjumma called RapMon who was wiping a table. “Nae” he took the food and walked to Seunghwan’s table.

“Here’s your order” he placed the order on the table but RapMon couldn’t stop from glancing at Yerin. “She just can’t stand alcohol” Seunghwan told RapMon who seems eager to know her condition. “Oh. Nae” RapMon replied. Seunghwan’s phone rang. He quickly got up and walked a tad far from the stall. RapMon sneaked on him.

“Oh” Seunghwan talked to the phone. “I don’t think you should help. She’s passed out already, dude” “I know she don’t want to sleep with anyone even with her own boyfriend but I can just force her right?” “We’ll drink later then. For tonight, I got someone to sleep with” he smirked mischievously.

*What?! That girl is in danger!* RapMon rushed to the ahjumma. “I’m sorry. I have some emergency”

                RapMon took off his apron and approached Yerin. Without thinking, he quickly carried her on his back.

“Nae” Seunghwan chuckled and ended his call.

                Seunghwan walked to his table again. With no sight of Yerin, his steps stopped. He stared in disbelief.

                RapMon walked through the pavement with Yerin on his back. He ignored all stares that had been thrown over them. He climbed the stairs. RapMon stepped into his studio apartment. Slowly, he let Yerin to lay on his single bed. He took off her shoes and bag and put it aside. He covered her with the blanket. She was still unconscious.

“There” he whispered as he stared at her with a small smile. “If I didn’t kidnap her, that guy would do something bad to her”

                He picked some of things scattered on the floor. RapMon walked out of the bathroom while wiping his wet hair after took a bath. He dragged a chair and sat beside the bed after wore his clothes in the bathroom.

*Am I doing the right thing?* he thought, staring at Yerin. *Of course right?* he exhaled.

                He leaned towards the drawer beside the bed. He took and old paper from the drawer and leaned back towards the chair. His eyes glued to the words on the yellowish paper. Yerin turned to the other side, facing him and her movement took his attention away from the paper.

“Wait” he whispered with furrowed eyebrows. RapMon put the paper aside and held his hand out to her head as he saw something on her forehead under her hair. *It couldn’t be* slowly he pushed her hair aside to reveal the scar on her forehead that was covered with a band aid.

*What?!* he froze. *It’s her! No. Maybe she’s not Maybe I mistake her for someone else*

                RapMon’s hand fell to his side. He continued to stare at her with furrowed eyebrows.

*But she does looks like her! Don’t tell me, I’m right. Is she

 

 

my little sister?*

                He shook that thought off with a pang.

*Of course she’s not! Right? Argh! I don’t know!* he stood and went to the black couch. He glanced at Yerin before throwing himself onto it and slept.

*             *             *     

                Yerin opened her eyes and looked around. She was standing under a bridge. She heard footsteps and looked to her left.

*It’s him!*

                A young man stared to the river with his left hand in his pocket. He lifted his right hand and Yerin could see a dandelion in his grip. He brought it to his lips and blew on it. The flower flew off its head and followed the wind. Yerin saw his lips moved but couldn’t hear a word her said. He suddenly turned to her and smiled.

*             *             *     

                Yerin’s eyes fluttered open and she sat up. She looked around the unfamiliar place. Boxes could be seen everywhere in the unit.

“What happen?” she remembered herself fell asleep at the stall. “But how can I end up here?”

                She got off the bed and walked around the studio room. She saw RapMon sleeping on the couch.

*It’s him! He was in my dream just now!*

“Wait! He didn’t kidnap or do anything bad to me, right?” she looked at her body. She was still dressed like she did yesterday. There was not a wound or bruise on her skin. She sighed in relief.

*Maybe he helped me last night. Better not think negatively in the morning* she pulled the red plaid blanket to cover RapMon before made her way to the bathroom. She looked at her reflection in the mirror after she washed her face.

“But how can I suddenly fell asleep last night at the stall? It’s not logic. Wait! The juice! Seunghwan oppa gave me the juice! I fell asleep right after I drink it! Don’t tell me… Did he put something in my juice?! He wouldn’t. Right? Why am I doubting him?! Aish!”

                She walked out of the bathroom.

“But even if he did put sleeping pill in the juice, why did he want me to sleep? Don’t tell me” her eyes widened and her hand quickly covered her body. “He want to me” she whispered, eyes widened. *He had forced me to sleep with him a few times before. But he don’t understand! I don’t want to! I may sounds old fashion but still! I want to stay ‘clean’*

                Yerin grabbed her bag and took her phone out. It was dead. “!” she threw the phone onto the bed and sighed heavily. Her eyes wandered around.

*Isn’t there anything to eat here?* She went to the kitchen and searched the cupboard and fridge to find some food. *Let me just cook some breakfast. I’m starving!*

                She began to cook. RapMon leaned to the other wide but eventually fell off the couch.

“Aish!” he groaned in pain and got up. He quickly turned to his already empty bed. *Where’s she?! Don’t tell me she run away!*

“Good morning” Yerin greeted from the kitchen. “Good morning” RapMon was flustered. “I’m Namjoon”

“I’m Yerin” *That name-* he was stunted. “Breakfast will be ready soon” she told and turned to the stove again.

“You’re making breakfast?” he was about to walk but tripped over the tangled blanket on his feet with a thump. “Namjoon-ssi, you okay?” she rushed to him. “Nae” he chuckled and got up. “I’m being clumsy”

“You should be careful” she replied. He smiled back, warmly. “I’m sorry for troubling you with the breakfast” “It’s not a trouble at all. Plus, I’m starving myself”

                RapMon went into the bathroom. He leaned against the wall.

“Be careful, oppa” a little girl’s voice lingered in his head. He sighed, his eyes saddened.

                Yerin served the breakfast and lifted his gaze to RapMon who was walking towards the dining table.

“Let’s eat” she smiled. “Thank you for making the breakfast” he took a seat and so did Yerin. “You’re welcome”

                RapMon began to eat and smiled broadly.

“It’s delicious! I haven’t eaten home cook meal in ages” “Eat a lot then” she smiled. “You bet!”

“Yerin-ssi, why are you being nice to me? I mean you didn’t even know why you’re here. Who’s me” he asked. “But I know you didn’t do anything bad to me. Maybe you helped me, I don’t know. So can you tell me what happen, Namjoon-ssi?” “Sure. But first who was the guy who with you last night at the stall?” “It’s my boyfriend” “I work at the stall and” RapMon continued to tell her what had happened.

“I think so too” she voiced and they glanced at each other. “He had forced me to do it with him a few times already. But I refused. Thank you, Namjoon-ssi. If you didn’t take me away, I would be sleeping with him” “You’re welcome. I just had this hunch. That’s all”

“So what’s with the boxes? Looks like you just moved here” she jerked her head to the boxes along the wall. “Yeah. A week ago. I had been moving to places” “So you’re going to move again later?” He paused and stared at her. “Maybe I’ll stay here a little longer than before” “Why so?” “Just a hunch” he smiled to her. “You know what, I think we’ve met before”

“I think so too” “At the subway. Before I move here. Right?” he remembered peeking on her frombehind the tree. “You’re right! Now I remember” she replied.

“But you’re catching up to me at that time. Why? We don’t even know each other” “Well, how can I say this? I don’t know if you’ll believe me” “Don’t worry. Tell me. I’ll listen to you” “I had a dream. No. More of dreams” “About me?” “Yeah. But isn’t it weird? I don’t even know you. How can I dream about you?” “That sure is weird” She nodded. “I’ve never tell anyone about the dream until now”

*Is it really just a dream or a sign? Even if she’s my sister, she would have recognized me, right? Unless* he glanced at her. *She lost her memory*

“Did you call your home? Your parents might still wonder why you aren’t you home last night. Better give them a call” he spoke. “They’re gone. I live alone. Just like you” “Oh. I’m sorry. My parents are gone too. We’ve so much in common” “I know, right?” “Do you have any other siblings?”

*Wait! What?! Yah Namjoon! Why did you suddenly ask her that?!*

“I do” she nodded. He stared at her in shock. “I have a brother. That’s all I remember” she continued. “What do you mean by that?” “I didn’t remember his name or how he looks like. I don’t even know where he is or whether he’s alive or not. But I’m sure I have a brother. I’m still looking for him” “I’m sure you’ll find him one day. Never give up to find what you’re looking for” he continued to eat. Yerin paused and stared at him.

*That Namjoon in my dream just now. I couldn’t hear what he said but I’m 100% sure he said that too*

*             *             *     

                Yerin was sweeping the café. She was all cleaned after she rushed home after eating breakfast at RapMon’s place.

“Yerin!” V ruffled her head. “Yah! Taehyung!” she smiled broadly, excited to see her. “How’s the vacation? Is it working? Wait! I have so much to tell you!” “Before that, tell me why aren’t you picking your phone last night?” “It was dead” “Second, explain to me about this” he pressed the band aid on her forehead. “You over thinking and stress again, do you?”

“Awh, Taehyung” she winced, knowing he would scold and babble her for thinking too hard about her past and hurt herself. “I told you-“ “Please don’t nag anymore, ahjumma” she covered his mouth. V glared at her and removed her hand. “If I don’t nag at you, you’ll hurt yourself again”

“I’m sorry” her head fell. He sighed and pulled her into his embrace. “It’s okay. As long as you’re not severely hurt”  

“Taehyung” she smirked. “You purposely want to hug me because you miss me right?”

“How do you know?! I’m missing you, Yerin!” he smiled sheepishly and hugged her tighter. “You know I’m bored like hell without seeing you eat like monster” he jeered.

“What the! Taehyung-ah!” she poked his waist that he let go off her. Yerin laughed at him.

 

 

                Customers came and they continued their works. Suddenly, sound of glass shattered onto the floor could be heard. Yerin lifted her gaze towards the source of sound and so did everyone in the café. They looked at Taehyung who got up after he fell and ruined a customer’s meal.

“Forgive me, sir” he bowed to the man. “Yah!” The furious man stood and eyed down on him. “Forgive?! Is that the only thing you can say?!”

“What more do you want me to say?!” V suddenly scolded him back. “You’re the one who put your bag on the floor that I tripped!”

“Why you! You dare shout at me?!” the man raised his hand to slap V but Yesung grabbed his arm just in time. “What the!” the man complained.

“I don’t think our café need any customer who want to hurt my employee like you” Yesung warned. “So I suggest you to leave or I’ll take this matter to the police about you trying to hurt this kid”

                The man warded off his hand, grabbed his belongings and exited the café.

“Taehyung-ah” Yerin went to V and touched his shoulder. “You okay?” He wasn’t answering. His eyes glued to the shattered plate and mug with his bang covering his eyes. Yesung sighed. “It’s alright, Taehyung. Go rest at home and comeback again tomorrow, okay? You seems quite disturbed this whole day. Yerin, you take him out for a while”

“Nae” she nodded to Yesung. “Thank you, boss” V whispered. “Let’s go” Yerin took his hand and walked out from the café.

*             *             *

                V was sitting in a convenience store.

“Ta dah!” Yerin came with two ramyeon in her hands. “Here” she gave one to him and sat beside him.

“Eat up” she began to eat her ramyeon. “I’m not eating” he voiced. “Why? It’s delicious! Trust me. Because I’m treating you” “No I don’t want” “I thought you’re furious because you’re hungry” she pushed her ramyeon away. “Tell me. It’s about the vacation, right?”

                V sighed heavily and sunk himself deeper into his crossed arm on the table.

“So I’m right. Come one. I want to hear” she turned his chair to face her. Again, V pulled her into his embrace. “I want to make them happy. But why am I hurting? Omma and appa said what I did was useless. They said they’ll get a divorce. That’s finale”

“Oh my!” she gasped with her eyes widened. She could felt her shoulder was wet with his tears. Yerin hugged him tighter and caressed his head.

“I can’t make a choice. Whether to stay with omma or appa. But I know. I can never make a choice. I need both of them in my life”

   *          *             *