CHAPTER 11

Walking With You

NU’EST-Not Over You

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah, Taehyung” Irene went beside him who was waiting for her at the river park. V glanced at her then back to the dark river before them. “When did you get here? I thought you went to vacation with your parents” 

“I just arrived this evening” he replied. “Where is Yerin?” “I didn’t invite her. I got something to tell you about Yerin” “I knew it” she stared to the river with a smile. “You only this serious when you talk about Yerin” 

He was silent. 

“Yah” she called. “You haven’t tell her right” 

V sighed and lowered his head. 

“Aigo, this kid! When will you tell her, Taehyung? Or you want me to tell it for you?” “NO! Don’t! I can tell her myself” “When will you? It had been years you know” “Yeah I know”

V leaned against the railing of the river. He stared into the water. 

“But she have Seunghwan now. You think she’ll accept the fact that I love her more than a friend? If I confess, I might crush their relationship. And I don’t want to hurt Yerin. I know he’s her first love” “And Yerin is your first love” Irene’s words made V to turn to her. 

“I know you don’t want to hurt Yerin. But think about it” she threw pebble into the river. “You think you can stay calm if you don’t confess? Being in this awkward situation for a long time? You like it? I know you’re hurt to see Yerin really happy being with Seunghwan” “But I can’t destroy her happiness” he sighed and ruffled his head. “This matter is giving me a headache!” 

Irene nodded in agreement. 

“You know what?” his lips curled into a small smile. “I did try to confess indirectly. When we were little” 

“But you know Yerin right? She’s dumb enough to understand your sign” “I know. She is dumb” he chuckled. “No matter how many times I tell her I like her, she always says she like me too and tell me she’s always grateful to have me as a friend” 

“Ouch! It must be hurt to be friend zoned” “Tsk. Tell me about it”

“But, Taehyung” Irene glanced at him. “Don’t you think it’s amazing? How she managed to find you here in this city? I mean both of you aren’t from this city. You moved here when you’re in middle school and had lost contact with her for years” 

“I know right. Yerin is amazing. I don’t know myself. We just met by chance last 2 years at the café and when she knew I work there, she quickly apply to work there too” “Maybe you two are meant together. No matter where you go, she’ll always manage to find you”

“Yeah. You are right” he smiled to himself. 

-Flashback-

“Kim Taehyung!” V’s name being called by his kindergarten teacher and friends. He was nowhere to see for the past 2 hours after they had play time. “Come out now!” dialect could be heard from his teacher. 

Six-year-old Yerin walked to the back of the school that was full of trees. She approached a tree. 

“Found you!” she jumped to V who was sitting behind the tree. He jumped startled. “Let’s go. Everyone is looking for you” she held out her arm but V didn’t budge to accept it. He continued to embrace his legs. Yerin sighed and sat beside him. Wind blew her boy cut hair. Yerin looked at his puffy eyes. 

“You had been crying here alone all this time? Is there any problem? Wait! I know. Your parents fought again?” “Uhuh” he wiped away his tears. “Taehyung, crying can’t change anything right? But you should talk to me if you have problem” she held his hand. He lifted his gaze to her face. She smiled. 

“Thank you, Yerin. This is why I like you” he smiled. “I like you too, Taehyung. Friends should help each other right?” she helped him to stand. Both of them smiled at each other.

-End of flashback-

*And there she was. Manage to find me no matter where I hide* V smiled.

“I know I ask you this for… I don’t know. For the thousandth time? But why do you like Yerin?” “Do we need a reason to like and love someone?” “I know you’d answer that and never give me the answer” she sneered. V smirked at her action. 

“Well because she’s Yerin. I don’t know why I like her actually. But one of her charm is strong. Did she tell you she had been bullied when we were little?” “Really? I never know” her eyes rounded in shock. “Maybe she never want to tell you this. But she always got teased when we were in the kindergarten. Our girl classmates mostly call her ‘Ugly witch’. People saw her ugly because of her boy cut hair she had until we’re in the elementary school. And Yerin tend to hang out with boys rather than girls. Trust me. You don’t want to see the boyish side of her” “Boyish! You’ve got to be kidding me! How can Yerin have that side of her?” “Don’t know. But people often mistaken her for a boy. But despite all that, she stay strong and never had I see her tears or being angry”

“So that’s why she did ‘that’ last year?” He turned to Irene at her remarks. “I think so too. Because Yerin tend to keep everything to herself. She keeps the pain to herself” his eyes saddened.