CHAPTER 21

Walking With You

                Yerin ran her view to the clock on the wall of the living room. It was past afternoon. She sighed.

*Sighing had become my habit lately* she sighed more. She turned back to the sketch book she was holding with a pencil in her other hand. The complete drawing of Suga in a room of fire was on the page. The picture that she just saw in her dream last two night.

                Yerin leaned against the railing of her veranda.

“What does the dream mean?”

                She stood and brought her sketch book inside. Her steps stopped at the living room. She stared ahead.

*Am I doing the right thing?*

“Oh! I almost forgot!” she took out her phone and texted Jimin.

| Please don’t let Taehyung hold any glass bottle |

                She went to her room and took a quick bath. She got ready to go out to meet someone. She recalled the text message Seunghwan sent this morning.

| Let just meet for a while. Let me explain everything |

                Yerin braided her hair while looking at her reflection.

*I wonder why I agree with him*

 

                The front door was locked and she left her place.

*             *             *

“Don’t you three have anything to do?” V served Suga, Jimin and Jungkook as the three were at the café. “Yay! Food!” Jungkook took his meal with a smile. “Tsk! Ignoring me again” V voiced under his breath and turned to go.            

                Jimin took out his phone and saw an unread message from Yerin. “Wow! Yerin is all better now! That’s good!”

“Taehyung, Yerin said don’t hold any glass bottle” Jimin’s words made V turned to him again. “WHAT?!” V snatched the phone and read the message as he was in denial. “Why? What’s wrong?” Suga asked.

“If Yerin start to say something weird, something bad will happen!” V began to panic. “Bad?” Jimin questioned. “Sometimes she can know what’s going to happen” V ignored them and took off his apron. He left it at the counter. “I’m going out for a while” he told the cashier. V ran out of the café. The three looked at each other, confused. They decided to join V.

*             *             *

                Yerin walked along the sidewalk. She stared into spaces but her mind recalled what she dreamt this morning.

                In her dream, she saw V grabbed a glass bottle and stabbed a person. There was a pool of blood.

                She trembled at the thought of the eerie dream. She yawned.

*And because of that dream, I don’t dare to continue to sleep* she snorted. She crossed the road and walked to an old apartment area. She checked her phone that wouldn’t turn on.

“Stupid battery!” she swore. “Should you ran out of battery right now, phone?!”

*I’m sure Seunghwan oppa sent the location where we should meet. But my phone is already dead* she sighed. *I’m seriously not in a mood for this bad lucks. First, I had to walk to every place we always went. But he’s not there. So that’s mean there is only one place to look for him. His house*

*             *             *

                V tried to call Yerin for the 50th time while running.

“Come on, pick up!” he complained.

“Where are we heading actually?” Jimin who was panting behind him asked. V stopped and doubled over. “We went to all places they’ve been but they’re not there. So maybe Seunghwan’s house” he pointed to the apartment across the road. “You know his place?” “It’s a good thing Yerin had blabbering to me about Seunghwan all this while”

                They crossed the road and entered the apartment area. They climbed the stairs.

*I seriously have a bad feeling about this!* V grinded his teeth as they ran along the dirty hallway towards a door at the end of a hallway.

                Yerin’s hysteric screamed could be heard as they approached the door.

“Damn!” V swore under his breath. “Yah Seunghwan!” he banged on the locked door. “Open up!” Jungkook was furious and banged on the door with Jimin. “Don’t do anything to Yerin noona!” Jungkook snarled.

                V looked around to find anything to use as weapon in case Seunghwan harm Yerin. Yerin screamed louder. V saw glass bottles nearby and grabbed one of it tightly in his grip. Jimin saw him and remembered Yerin’s text message. He knew V was furious as hell and quickly kicked the bottle off his grip. It hit the wall and shattered into pieces.

“Move!” Suga shouted that made all of them moved away from the door. He kicked the old wooden door. The big blow caused the door to fall into the house, revealing Seunghwan holding onto Yerin’s already tore clothes.

“!” Seunghwan ran out of the house. “Yah!” Suga chased him.

                Yerin was on the floor, crying. Her clothes were torn on every inch.

“Yerin!” V quickly knelt before her. “Taehyung!” she threw her arms around him. She sobs harder. “He tried to me!”

“It’s okay, Yerin. He’s gone now” he caressed her head. “You’re safe now”

                V took off his jacket. He covered her torn upper clothes with his jacket. V wrapped his arms around her and patted her back. He sighed.

*Once again I couldn’t stop you from crying*

*             *             *

                V closed the door of Yerin’s room as he left the room. He lifted his gaze to see Bogum in the living room.

“Irene said she’ll be with Yerin for today” V told him. “You two on a date just now?”

“Uhuh” Bogum sat on the sofa. “I guess I’ll postpone my proposal later”

“You’re going to propose her?” Jungkook who sat across him asked. “Yes” Bogum smiled. “We had been seeing each other for years. So I think maybe it’s time for us to tie the knot”

“Yeah” V walked to the kitchen.

                There were knocks on the door.

“I’ll get it” Jimin ran to the door. Suga pushed the door open with his exhausted body. “Yoongi hyung!” Jimin’s eyes widened. Suga was panting heavily, hunched with his hands resting on his knees. “I lost him” Suga dragged his shaking legs into the living room. He sunk into the couch.

“Here” V held a glass of water to him. Suga snatched it and gulped it down, emptying the once full glass.

“I’m sorry” Suga struggled to speak between his panting. “I couldn’t catch him. That ing !” he snorted. “Where is Yerin?”

                Irene got out from Yerin’s room.

“Is she crying? Is she alright?” V shot questions to Irene. “Yerin is alright. She just need some times alone” Irene replied. “I know Yerin is strong. But what Seunghwan just did to her is too much!” “See? You said it yourself that she’s strong. Both of us know best that she can overcome this hard time” “Right” V whispered. His eyes sadden and stared on the cold floor. Suga had his eyes on V.

*He’s really worry about her. Not as any other ordinary friends. Perhaps a lover?*

“I believe Yerin will be alright” Jungkook voiced. “Of course” Irene approached Bogum from behind. “That noona of yours is stronger than she looks”              

                Irene wrapped her arms around Bogum from behind. “I’m sorry, oppa. We’ll go on our date later, okay?”

“Of course” Bogum smiled at her. He reached up and cherished her cheeks gently.

*             *             *

                RapMon leaned against the gas pump. He lifted his gaze to the birds on the wire. He stared at the wonderful pictures of birds with sky backdrop in silence.

“Oppa, the sky is beautiful” a little girl appeared beside him with the sweetest smile.

                He looked down to the girl. He replied her smile with a nod. RapMon lifted his head to the sky again then to the girl. But she was gone. He sighed.

*That remind me of someone. Where is Yerin? I haven’t seen her for a long time. I wonder if she’s alright*

*             *             *

                Droplets of rain fell on that night, cooling the earth down. A guy with red hoodie over his already wet head sat quietly on the bench beside the basketball court. Suga stared on the concrete floor with arms crossed on his knees. The picture of V worried sick of Yerin flashed in his head.

“Damn it!” he squinted his eyes. *Don’t tell me it’s real! He’s not in love with her right?!*

“AARRGHHH!!!” Suga shouted on top of his voice.  He looked up from his drenched blonde bangs falling across his eyes.

*Stop, Yoongi!* he grabbed the basketball beside him and entered the court, forcing himself to enjoy the game alone.

*             *             *

                V leaned his head against the sliding door of Yerin’s house. 

“It sure rains heavily tonight”

“I know right” Yerin suddenly sat across him with a small smile. “You’re okay?” “Of course. This is Yerin, okay?” she chuckled.

“This is fun” Irene sat with them, eyes glued to the rain drops beating on the veranda. “Watching the rain together”

“You’re right. We should do this often” Yerin leaned her head on Irene’s shoulder. She sighed.

“What is this feeling now?” Yerin asked. “What?” Irene replied. “I don’t know. I feel empty. Maybe I’m too lazy to do anything. But I think I’m bored and want to do something. It’s complicated” “Oh. I know that feel. It sure is complicating”

“I would just stay in bed if I were you” V glanced at them. “But staying in bed all day will only make you guilty for wasting your time”

“Uhm” Yerin agreed. “I wish time would stop right now” Irene voiced. “So we can enjoy this moment together for a longer time. Things around us happen so fast! I just want to forget about everything and spend my time with my best friends” Irene entwined her hands with Yerin’s and V’s. “Don’t you think so?”

“I agree” Yerin squeezed her hand lightly. V nodded.

“Hey” V broke the silence. “Something amazing happen, you know? About my parents” the end of his lips were lifted, forming a small warm smile. “Last night, my appa gave my omma a bouquet of roses. He knew she’d always love roses. I haven’t see him doing that in years. And he made my omma smiled. Another thing that I didn’t see for years. It’s like a miracle! They may cancel their divorce plan! I’m so happy!”

                Both of the girls were surprised with the story. 

“Isn’t that great?” Irene patted his back with smile. “Looks like everything is working out for you. Although everything seems to fall apart in the beginning, it’s actually falling into its perfect place”

“I’m so happy for you, Taehyung” Yerin smiled.

“And for that, Yerin” V turned to her. “My appa want you to join us. Although I have no idea why he want you to join us”

“For what?” “Next weekend is their anniversary so appa told me he planned a surprise event for omma at the park. Appa said you’re like his daughter so he wants you to be there too” “Next weekend?” Yerin turned to Yerin. “But we planned to play badminton and shopping together next weekend”

“Nah. It’s okay” Irene waved her hand. “I can go on a date with Bogum instead”

“Are you cool with that?” “Of course. I shouldn’t disturb your meet with his parents. Who know you could be their daughter-in-law” she smirked at V. He shot her a look. “What does that supposed to mean?” Yerin’s voice fainted, confused. *Taehyung and I are just friends right?*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameo appearance

Lee Haru as the little girl