CHAPTER 7

Walking With You

EXO-Lucky

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

                Seunghwan stood there with plastic bags in his grip.

“Hey, my princess” he smiled. “What are you doing here? It’s still office hour right?” “I get to leave early. And hearing my Yerin is sick, I can’t stand a day without seeing you”

“Oppa” Yerin smiled shyly. “Come in” she helped to carry some bags.

“What had you been doing all day?” he set the bags on the dining table. “Resting” “That’s great. Come” Seunghwan felt her forehead. “It looks like your fever are gone! What a relief!” he pinched her chubby cheeks.

“Stop it!” she pat his cheeks and let her go. “So tell me what’s all this?”

“I’m making you dinner. So, you” he pushed her towards her room. “Go clean yourself up, dress nicely and rest. Let me prepare the dinner”

“No, oppa. Let me help” “Nah, I got this under control so don’t worry. I will not let your kitchen explode or anything dangerous. I’ll make sure to cook yummy dinner for both of us” “You sure?” “Positively”

“Alright then. Be careful” Yerin smiled and closed her room door. “Don’t forget to lock the door” Seunghwan voiced from the outside. Yerin locked the door of her room.

*             *             *

                Yerin looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a shirt and long blue skirt with her hair braided nicely with a pink ribbon. She lifted her bang to reveal her forehead. A 3 cm scar was on her left side of forehead. A scar she got on the same day her parents’ lives were taken.

*It’s permanent. Just like the scar in my heart* she hid the scar with her front hair.

*But it’s weird. Why can’t I remember my brother’s face? I remember my parents’ face every day even after the accident. Maybe I think of him all the time before the accident that I forget him now* she sighed.

“Anyway, let’s see what Seunghwan oppa is up to” she turned the knob.

                The lights were off. Soft music could be heard. She looked at the total darkness to see orange lights came from the dining table. She gasped in surprise to see what was on the table.

“Oppa” she was touched.

                Seunghwan stood beside the table with a warm smile, welcoming her. A white cloth was spread on the table with dinner served on it. The area was lit with the presence of candles on the table. He approached her and entwined their hands. He looked deep into her teary eyes.

“You’re crying?” he asked. “I’m just- That’s so sweet of you. Thank you” “Everything for my princess. How can you be pretty too when you’re crying?” he chuckled and wiped her tears. Yerin giggled and started to blush.

“Now shall we?” he held out his arm. “Of course” she cling arms with him. Seunghwan sat her across his seat.

“That smell delicious!” Yerin could smell the aroma of grilled lamb in her plate. “I haven’t cook in a while. So I’m a little not confident about the taste” he smiled sheepishly. “So let’s try it”

                She picked up her fork and knife. A piece of the meat entered with Seunghwan staring at the meat.

“So?” he asked, nervous. “Delicious!” her eyes rounded in surprise with the unexpected good taste. “Yes!” he cheered. “That’s a relief! I’m so scared if it isn’t edible”

“You should make this again later” “Sure” “Anything for my princess”

*             *             *

“Thank you very much oppa” Yerin sent Seunghwan to the door as he was leaving. “You’re welcome. If you ever feel under the weather again, call me. I’ll take you to the clinic” “Nae”

“Good night” Seunghwan leaned in. He pressed his lips against hers, and they stayed there for a moment. Yerin’s face turned red. He backed. “Bye. I love you” He stepped out of the house.

“I love you too” she waved. The door was closed and locked.

                Yerin stepped to the living room. She held her burning cheeks and couldn’t stop herself from smiling.