CHAPTER 22

Walking With You

                V came knocked to Yerin’s front door one evening.

“One minute!” Yerin shouted from inside. V leaned beside the door. Yerin quickly wore her soft pink flat sandals and opened the door. V turned to her and pushed himself off the wall. His eyes widened and stared at her in awe.*Gorgeous!* She was wearing a white knee-level evening dress with lace. Her hair fell on her shoulder with a flower crown on her head.

“Come on. Let’s go” she rushed and locked the door. “We don’t want to be late right?”

                She brought him back to earth.

“Right” he replied. They arrived at the ground floor.

“Yerin” V called and turned to the bicycle behind him. “We’re riding that?” she almost shout. The white bicycle had pink balloons tied to its back. “Appa said he forgot about the balloons so I rushed to buy it. And end up here to pick you up” he explained. She sighed but smiled. “At least we’ll be there on time”

*             *             *

                V cycled through the pavement with Yerin at the passenger seat. Her left arm already wrapped around his waist.

“This feels good” she voiced ad looked up to the clear sky with a smile. “We should do this often” She enjoyed the wind that blew to her face.

“Of course” V smiled.

 

 

 

                They stopped at a gazebo at the park.

“You’re here?” Mr. Kim who was in tuxedo looked up to them from the table at the gazebo. Food were served on the white covered wooden table. Candles were already lighted. Flowerpots were arranged to the gazebo, creating a gorgeous walkaway with red carpet.

“Wow! You made all this, uncle?” Yerin asked as Mr. Kim approached them. “Taehyung gave me a hand of course” he took the balloons from the bicycle. He glanced at Yerin before left them. “You look gorgeous, Yerin”

“Thank you” she smiled at the compliment.

                V was about to join his father.

“Taehyung-ah!” Yerin made him turned to face her. She decreased the gap between them. Yerin held out her hand to the thin bow at his neck. He was stunted and froze as she fixed the bow of his tuxedo. “You should look your best today” she fixed the collar with smile. V could felt his cheeks were burning. “Thanks”

KCAKK!

                Camera flash could be heard. Both of them looked to their side to see Jin with a camera.

“Seokjin-ssi, what are you doing here?” Yerin approached him. V rolled his eyes “He’s our photographer for today” “Really?” she looked at Jin. Jin smirked and glanced at her. He continued to check the photos he took. “Yes”

                Yerin saw band aids on his face.

“What happen? Your face”

“Just falling off stairs” Jin answered. “You should be careful, Seokjin-ssi” “There you go again” Jin turned to her. “I thought we had a deal”

                Yerin smacked her head. She almost forgot her promise.

“What deal?” V asked. “I told her to call me ‘oppa’. Drop the formalities. It made me sounds like stranger to you both” Jin explained. “Seriously?! Oppa?!”

                Jin crossed his arms.

“Come on. Let’s listen to it again” Jin smirked. Yerin eyes went around, embarrassed. “Seokjin oppa” she whispered.

V pouted and replied. “Why would she call you that? You two are not even close” “Close? In fact, we are. We texted each other every day” Jin replied. “For real?!” V turned to Yerin. “Well” she hesitated. V took her phone in her grip and went through the messaging application. His jaw dropped.

“You even texted with Jimin and Kookie?!”

“Why? Can’t I?” Yerin snatched her phone. “Tsk!” she walked away with Jin.

                V stared at her in disbelief.

“Seriously? Do you have to text with so many guys?” he sighed in frustration and pouted. “Yah!” he caught up to them.

*             *             *

                Yerin exchanged glance with V who stood across her at the red carpet. Both gave each other a smile. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim approached the red carpet with Mr. Kim covered his wife’s eyes with his hands.

“What is this, yeobo?” Mrs. Kim giggled at her husband weird action. “I prepared something special for you” he whispered gently to her ears. “Ready?”

                He removed his hands, enabling her to see the red carpet and beautifully decorated gazebo. Yerin and V stood at each side of the red carpet with straw baskets in their hands. Mrs. Kim gasped.

“Omo!” Mrs. Kim was mesmerized with the surprise. A diamond tears slid down her cheeks.

“You like it?” Mr. Kim smiled. “Yeobo” she locked eyes with him. Mr. Kim received a flower crown from Jin who stood near him. He placed it on his wife’s shiny black hair. Mr. Kim curled a stand of her hair behind her ears, looking deep into her eyes.

“Shall we, my angel?” he offered his hand. Mrs. Kim nodded and entwined their hands. The two walked down the walkway with Yerin and V threw pink rose petals as they walked.

                Mrs. Kim took a seat at the table as her husband pulled a chair for her. The decorations caught her attention, and so the food. “You make all of this?”

“Certainly. They helped me a lot too” Mr. Kim turned his head to Yerin and V who approached the gazebo before sat across his wife. Yerin gave Mrs. Kim the sweetest smile and bowed. She reached out to a pole and a stereo there. Soft romantic music filled the surrounding.

“Enjoy your meal” V spoke and bowed. Yerin bowed too. The two left the married couple alone.

                Yerin glanced at them over her shoulder.

“I hope everything will go as we planned” “I hope so” he glanced at them too. “So what should we do now?”

“I don’t know” she walked to a bench in front of the lake. V joined her.

                She leaned against the bench. She yawned.

“Sleepy?” he asked. “Uhuh” she rubbed her eyes. “I couldn’t sleep last night”

“Another nightmare?” “That’s the only thing that I don’t like about sleeping. I will have these scary nightmares then I decided to stay awake until sunrise”

                V patted his shoulder, looking ahead. “Come sleep here if you want” She stared at him. “Is it okay?”

“It’s okay” he replied. “If you have another nightmare, at least I’m here”

                A smile appeared on her face. Slowly, Yerin leaned on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Thank you, Taehyung. You’re the best”

                He glanced at her and couldn’t stop himself from smiling. His smiled suddenly disappeared the next second.

*Looks like I’m just your best friend. Not more than that*

                Yerin’s smiling faces went into his mind. He smirked.

*I guess we’ll stay friends then. As long as I can see your smile*

*             *             *

                Yerin opened her eyes to see herself stood beside a road, on an end of a crosswalk. It was a quiet night although the road was in middle of the busy city, with no one to be seen. She lifted her gaze to the traffic light. It was red light for cars to stop but not a single car available on the road. A silhouette caught her attention.

“Jungkook!” she shouted but he seems unable to see her, like the previous dream.

                Jungkook was walking on the zebra crossing, towards her. She smiled. But her smile didn’t last for long. His lean figure suddenly thrown far onto the road as a van hit him. She froze.

“Jungkook!” she wanted to rush to him but her legs won’t move even an inch. “Please” tears rolled down her cheeks.

*             *             *

                V turned to Yerin when she suddenly struggled to breathe.

“Yerin! Yah!” he shook her body. Her eyes shoot open as she gulped a big amount of air. She panted, moving away from V.

“You okay?” he turned her to face him. “Yeah sure” she started to calm down. “That dream again?”

“You’ve been experiencing the same dream?” “Yes. And I’m so tired of watching that accident over and over again” she looked to the ground. “It’s killing me”

                V patted her back several times. “It’s just a dream, okay? Calm down”

“But what if the dream is being repeated numerous times? What does that mean, Taehyung?” she sighed. “Never mind. It’s not a big deal after all” she forced herself to smile.

“You two” Jim came to them. “It’s picture time!”

“Alright we’re coming” she stood. “Let’s go” Yerin offered her hand to V. He looked at her and smiled. He took her hand and they walked to Mr. and Mrs. Kim who were waiting in front of the gazebo.

                V stood between his parents. Yerin stood not far from them.

“Come here, Yerin” Mrs. Kim waved her over. “No it’s okay” Yerin spoke. “I’m not a family member”

“Not a family member?” Mr. Kim chuckled. “You have been with us for years, Yerin. You’re like a daughter to us”

“Come” Mrs. Kim took her hand to stand beside V.

“Ready?” Jin held up his camera in front of them, getting ready to snap their picture. They smiled to the camera.

“1, 2, 3!”

*             *             *

                Yerin turned to the coffee machine. Her thought flew away to something Mr. and Mrs. Kim said the other day.

-Flashback-

“We would like to adopt you. Is that possible?” Mrs. Kim asked. “Actually we had been wanting to adopt you since years ago” Mr. Kim added.

-End of flashback-

*Adopt? Shouldn’t I be happy with it? I can be beside Taehyung forever if we’re family*

*Adopt?* V was watering the flowers. *Then we’ll be siblings. And…I can’t be in love with my own sister right?*

“Noona!” Hojun called, snapping Yerin from her daze. “Nae, Hojun!” she smiled broadly, happy to see him. A man stood beside him.

“Hi” Yerin bowed. “Hi” J-Hope bowed back. “Mocha again?” she turned to prepare the order. “No. We want a latte. For take away please” J-Hope voiced.

“Take away?” she asked. “Yes. It’s for our mom. We have to head home as soon as possible because she said she’ll be home early” Hojun voiced. “Okay. I’ll get it ready for you” Yerin started to make the latte.

“Yerin” V approached her from the counter, the first word he ever said to her that day. “Nae” she glanced at V who was staring at J-Hope.

“Taehyung?” J-Hope called with his eyes widened. “Hoseok hyung” V replied.

“You know him too, Taehyung? Just like Yoongi, Seokjin oppa, Jimin and Jungkook?” she turned to the coffee machine again.

“Yerin-ssi, you know them?!” J-Hope was surprised. “Uhuh” she nodded. “Then do you perhaps know Namjoon too?” he asked.

“Namjoon?” she turned to them. “Kim Namjoon?”

“You know her, Yerin?!” V questioned. “You never tell me”

“I meet him often at the night stall he works. Why? You two know him?” “Of course!” J-Hope’s face lit up. But his eyes suddenly closed and he almost fall but V caught him.

“Hyung!” Hojun took his hand. “What happen?” her eyes still widened. J-Hope gain conscious again and straighten himself. “Oh I’m so sorry. Thank you” 

“He had been like this all day” Hojun looked at J-Hope. “You okay, hyung? Don’t faint or I’ll have to drag you home myself. And it’s a lot of work”

“I’m just” J-Hope blinked his eyes and shook his head a few times. “Dizzy”

“Get some rest later” V advised. Yerin continued to make the drink.

                V looked down to his hands that shook abnormally.

*He’s trembling*