CHAPTER 30

Walking With You

                The walked into the restaurant RapMon had told them to go to. A long queue was in front of the seafood house.

“Wow!” she was amazed at the attention the restaurant received. “This place must be the best. People had to queue just to eat here”

“You’re right” J Hope suddenly appeared behind them. “Hoseok-ssi” “Hi. Let’s go in. Everyone is here” he took her hand and led her into the restaurant. Jimin and V followed while V stared at their entwined hands.

“Hey” RapMon waved them over as he saw the four of them. “Namjoon oppa” Yerin smiled. Suga lifted his gaze to meet her eyes. He quickly looked to other side. “Come sit” Jin waved her over to sit beside him. “Alright” Yerin sat at the empty seat beside Jin. V sat beside Yerin, across Suga.

“Woah!” she couldn’t keep close as she was mesmerized by the unique design on the inside of the restaurant. “How can you know about this place, oppa? This place is gorgeous!” she glanced at RapMon.

He chuckled. “I know. But wait till you taste the food. You wouldn’t forget this place ever when you taste them”

“What with your face?” Jungkook asked V. He looked at Suga and V after one another as their faces were full with wounds and bruises. The others did the same. V and Suga met each other’s eyes before had their attention at the food.

                V quickly took his chopstick and dug into the steam crab dish in front of him. “Let’s eat, everyone. I’m savage”

“He’s right” RapMon spoke. “Eat up! It’s on me”

                They cheered but not Yerin. She had her eyes on both Suga and V. *What ever did these two fight about* she picked the chopstick. Yerin reached out to the already served crab meat.

V quickly pulled the bowl away from her. “Yah yah. Watch what you’re eating”

“What you doing, Tae?” Jin lifted his head from inhaling the food. “Let Yerin have it. Don’t be too greedy”

“I’m not greedy, hyung” V turned to Yerin. “You’re allergy to crab remember?”

                With that, both RapMon and Suga lifted their heads to Yerin.

“Oh right! I almost forgot” Yerin smiled sheepishly.

“Really? I’m sorry, Yerin” RapMon voiced. “I never know. Here” he pushed the squid dish towards her. “Eat this”

“Let me have those” Suga took the bowl of crab meat from V. V narrowed his eyes to him. “What?” Suga displayed his clueless face and started to enjoy the meat. “You can’t have all these to yourself right Tae?”

V snorted and pouted. Yerin smiled at the sight of the two talked to each other though just for a while.

                RapMon glanced at the little girl who was standing beside him.

*She’s allergy to crab too. Oh how I miss her so much!*

*             *             *

                Jin looked at the rest of them who were already leaned against their chairs.

“I’m full!” Jungkook dropped in his hands onto the table. He looked around then to his watch. Not many people remained in the restaurant. “It’s getting late but I’m too full to get up” he whined.

“Me too” J Hope took out his phone and gave someone a ring. “Hojun-ah, I’ll be home late. Go to sleep okay?”

                Yerin lifted her gaze at the mention of Hojun’s name. *Those two must have grew closer*

“We should go out together more often” Jimin suggested and looked at RapMon. “Am I right?”

                RapMon chuckled “Of course but I’m not going to treat you guys again or I’ll broke”

“Next time, you treat us Jimin” Jin teased. “Oh hyung!” Jimin whined and pouted. “I’m don’t save much you know”

                Yerin couldn’t help but smiled at their brotherhood. “I’m curious, Seokjin oppa” she turned to Jin. “Jungkook once told me before this that all of you were close then something happen that you hated each other”

                All of them stopped what they were doing and had their eyes landed on Yerin. She looked at them. “Did I say something wrong? I’m so sorry”

“Nah nothing” J Hope replied. “It just that-” he heaved a sigh.

“Well Yerin” Jin began. “We don’t like to bring that thing up. But since you’re our friend, I think we should let you know what happen. Right?” he glanced at the rest of them.

                RapMon nodded with his lips bitten.

“But we just argue. Not a really serious matter though. You know about this and that. We make major problem out of small deal. And so as days pass by, we started to hate each other and we just graduated, left school and every memory of us together. We’re too young and immature. That we hold grudges towards each other”

“And so we go our separate ways and wish we don’t meet each other again” Jimin continued. “But you know as years pass by”

“All of you started to miss each other. Being away with people that we love taught us that we cherish and love each other all this while” Yerin repeated what Jungkook once said.

“And we’ll never want to leave each other again” Suga spoke. “We were too selfish. Not wanting to contact each other and ask for forgiveness”

“Thanks to you, Yerin” Jimin turned to Yerin. “All of us meet each other again. We owe you”
She shook her head. “Aniya. That’s destiny” she replied. “No matter how far you run and hide from the people you love”  

V finished her sentence. “You’ll end with each other again”

                Jin and RapMon nodded in agreement.

*             *             *

                Suga lifted his head to the dark night sky. Few stars can be seen since he was sitting at the basketball court in the middle of the busy city. He heaved a sigh and lowered his head to the picture in his grip. A boy and a girl were smiling with their hands on each other’s shoulders in the picture.

*Yoongi oppa* the girl’s voice rang in his mind. “Where are you-” His eyes welled with warm tears. “My little sister?”

                He lifted his arm to cover his eyes that already poured out tears.  

*             *             *

“Hurry up, Yerin” V staggered as he walked behind her through the neighborhood that night. His energy almost ran out. Yerin stopped her steps and looked around. She glanced at the piece of paper that written on it an address.

“Is it this way?” she pointed to an alley then to another. “Or this way? Owh I don’t know myself” she pounded the ground with her feet.

“Let me have it. We might end up lost if you guide the way” V snorted and snatched away the paper. He read the address again for the thousandth time.

“Give me that” Yerin snatched it again. “I can look for this place myself! I won’t get lost” she started to walk again.

“Tsk!” V had his arms crossed. “You can’t even find your way to my heart”

 

 

 

 

 

 “It’s here” they stopped in front of a house. They started to walk up the stairs to the house at the rooftop. Lights were on from inside of the house indicating the owner was available.

“Hello. Anyone home?” Yerin knocked on the door. The paper bags in her grip were held to another hand as she knocked. “Coming” a female voice from inside came running to the door.

                The door was opened revealing a young female in her worn out shirts and pants. “Yes? How can I help you?”

“Are you Kim Jonghoon’s sister?” “Jonghoon? Who’s that?” the female squinted her eyes to Yerin. “Err… Your brother? Yesung-ssi?”

“Oh! Right!” her face lit up at the thought of her elder brother. “I forgot that he changed his name”

“He sent you these food” V held out the paper bags in his grip to her. The girl accidentally stared at V with agape. “Miss?” he called. Yerin giggled in silence at the scene. *She must have thought he’s gorgeous*

“Oh yes” she received the bags and continued to stare at him. Yerin put the bags on the floor, joining the rest of the paper bags. “I’m Jungah” she held her hand out to V. “Kim Jungah”

“Hi” V shook her hand. “I’m Kim Taehyung”

“Don’t worry, Jungah-ssi” Yerin spoke. “I’ll make sure he come here to deliver food again”

                Jungah’s face lit up as she turned to Yerin. She couldn’t hide her broad smile.

“Of course thank you” Jungah tilted her head to Yerin. “Miss…”

“Yerin” Yerin replied. “I’m Yerin”

“We’ll be off then” V said and bowed. Jungah quickly responded to him.

 

 

“Bye” Yerin waved as they descended the stairs. Jungah waved. “Yah Tae” Yerin patted V on his shoulder. “Em?” he glanced at her. She jerked her head to Jungah. “Oh” V had his view to Jungah and waved with a smile. “See you later”

                Jungah waved frantically with a grin.

 

 

                Yerin and V walked through the neighborhood.

“Flirting with a minor?” she sneered. “You make me do it, Yerin” V snorted. “But isn’t it great?” she glanced at him. “At least you know you have looks. Not the brain” she whispered to herself the last sentence and giggled.

“Yah I heard that” he glared at her from the corner of his eyes.

                They walked down the hill.

“Wait” V stopped his steps and stared at his sneakers. He bent over and tied the lace. Yerin just ignored him and walked ahead.

                A figure jumped in front of her that she was too shocked and halted. Her view was at the silhouette as it straightened up. She knew it was a guy from his outfit. Yerin failed to see his face, the black cap over his head had masked the face in shadows. Her view went to the shinning object in his grip. *Knife?!* she gulped. At the sight of the sharp thing sent cold shiver down her spine.

“Wh-What do you want?” she stuttered. “Money” he demanded and pointed the knife to her. *Rob? AGAIN?!* she bit her already dry lips. *What should I do? Give it to him? Run?!* her trembling hand went down to her bag hung over her shoulder. The guy stepped towards her slowly.    

                A pair of hands suddenly closed her eyes from behind. She was stunted and froze on the spot.

“No worry” the person voiced to her ears. *Taehyung?* she thought.

                At the sight of V, the guy halted. He started to tremble. “Taehyung sunbae?!”

“Yoon Sanha?!” V’s mouth widened. “Yerin” he whispered to Yerin. “Play dead”

She whispered back. “What?!” “Play dead!”

                Yerin quickly collapsed onto the ground with her eyes shut. V gasped and shook her body.

“Yerin! Yah! Wake up!”

“Wh-What happen?!” the guy also panicked and hesitated to approach them. V was all worried and turned to him. “Her heart! Her heart is weak! She easily got shock!”

“O-Otake?” “Hang in there! Don’t leave me!” V turned to the guy. “You! You killed her!”

“Me?! No! I didn’t mean to!” The guy looked around and to them. His eyes quivered as panic struck. “AH!” he ran away from them and disappeared into the dark of night. 

                V watched as the guy ran and he looked around.

“He’s gone?” she asked stil closing her eyes. “Uhuh” V helped her to stand. Yerin brushed the dirt off her skirt.

“You know that guy?” “Of course. He’s my junior when I was in high school” “Is it okay to fool him like that? I think we went too far just now” “No worry. I’m going to look for him and explain everything. I wonder. How he ends up like that? He’s a good boy”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameo appearance

Yoon Sanha of ASTRO

Kim Saeron as Jungah