CHAPTER 34

Walking With You

“Yah, where’s the others?” Suga suddenly poked his head into the kitchen that made both Jin and RapMon jolted.

“Yah Min Yoongi” Jin eyed him as Suga pushed himself onto the counter. He grabbed a bag of half eaten Lay’s near him and started to munch it. Jin rolled his eyes. “You just wake up right? Because I coukdnt reach you for this whole morning”

“Uhuh” Suga replied. “You’re just here empty handed?” RapMon asked. “Bring us something at least wil ya? I had to do all your part while you’re in your dreamland” 

“I know. Mian” Suga smiled sheepishly. “I did bring something though”

“What is it?” “A present for Hobie”

                Suga smiled broadly and cupped his face. “Me! I’m the present. Aren’t I the cutest present ever?”

                Jin and RapMon gave him a look and returned to their works. “Did you hear anything Jin?” “No. Not even a peep”

“What the!” Suga replied in disbelief. “You’re both ignoring me right? Gosh!” he rolled his eyes and pushed himsle foff the counter, making his way to the veranda. He stared to the blue sky. He looked reflective.

“Namjoon mention about his sister. At least he knows his sister is alive” Suga heaved a sigh. His eyebrows furrowed. Pictured of Yerin came into his mind.

*She’s just like a sister to me*

*             *             *

“Yah, Kookie!” Yerin squinted as Jungkook ate her ice cream from her grip. Jungkook gave her a sheepish smile as he ran into a store, joining Jimin with the grocery shopping.

“That kid” she sighed and turned to V beside her. “He’s always like that. Bear with him okay?” V replied with a smirk.

                The two walked to a nearby playground while waiting for the two. Yerin rocked herself slowly on the swing, enjoying the rest of her ice cream. V was on the swing beside her, staring into spaces.

                A student on bicycle rode pass them. V smiled as the memory of both Yerin and him rode the bicycle together came into his mind.

“Yerin, you remember when we ride the bicycle?” “Uhuh. Let’s do that again later” “Just ring me and I’ll pick you up on bike” They were silent.

“You know” she started. He turned to her, anticipated with what she was going to utter. “Mentioning about that day, I remember my nightmare”

“Nightmare? Is it still bothering you?” “Strangely no. Lately, I’d a good night sleep. That’s strange” “Isn’t it good those nightmares never bother you again? That’s a relieve” he was silent as he recalled how Yerin layed on his shoulder when she slept.

“Taehyung” Yerin looked at him. “Nae?” he lifted his head to him. They locked eyes in silence.

“Is it hard” she started. “To be friendzoned?”

*What?!*

“Yah! You two!” Jimin came to them with bags of groceries. “Here. Carry these” he gave some bags to V.

“Alright we’re done with shopping” Yerin stood and busy talking with Jungkook while V had his eyes on her in disbelief.

*What did she just asked?!*                                      

*             *             *

                Jeongmin stepped into his pent house.

“Welcome home, sir” servants lined up at the hallway, bowed to him. Jeongmin nodded and walked ahead.

“Would you like to have anything?” a lady assistance asked. “No. I’m okay. I just going to call it a night. All of you too. You work hard today” “Thank you, sir”

                Jeongmin took a turn into his room and shut the door. “Man I’m exhausted!” he took off his jacket and hung it. His tie was thrown onto the carpeted floor. He threw himself onto his comfy bed and exhaled, letting all his burden out.

“I’m just going to sleep” he turned to his side, only to sense cold metal on his forehead.

                A gun was aimed straight at him. He jumped out of be in panic. “What the!”

                A riffle was placed on his pillow with a piece of note placed beneath it. He snatched the note.

| Your soul is mine!|

                Jeongmin’s eyes rounded. A haze of fear surrounded him. His hands started to tremble as his iris searched wildly for any sight of a being in his room but only to find himself alone in the room.

“Mr. Kang!” he called his bodyguard as he ran out the room.

*             *             *

| Come out|       From: TaeTae

                Yerin kept her phone and got up from sitting on the cold floor of the veranda. She put her sketch book on the coffee table.

*I wonder what Tae wants I this middle of night*

                She locked the door and slipped her hair behind her ears. She entered the garden of the apartment area.

“Tae!” Yerin called him who was leaning against the railing of the lake. V turned and gave her a glimpse of weak smile. His brunette bangs fell onto his forehead. His long jacket covered his skinny figure.

“You’re still up” Yerin joined him. “Nightmare?”

“Nah” V replied. “You too. Still up? Drawing? “

“Uhuh” “About the dream again?” “Yes. I have the dream about the whale again”

“Wonder what does that mean” “Neither I have any clue about it. What about you? Why are you still wide awake?” she picked up pebble and threw it far into the dark water.

“I have something in my mind though” “Care to share with me? Maybe you’ll able to close your eyes if you do” “Nah never mind”

                They were silent.

“Yerin” V called. “Nae?” she answered. Both not looking at each other.

“You said I’m in that friendzone of yours right?”

                Yerin turned to him, stunted. He smirked and decreased their gap. V turned her to face him as he looked deep into her eyes.

“I have my passport to get out from that zone” V leaned in and planted a deep kiss on her rouge lips, leaving Yerin to be extremely shocked.

                He pulled back and smiled.

“That’s my passport. Now I’m free from that friend zone you created”

 

“Kim Taehyung” Yerin whispered and touched her lips. “What are you doing?”

“You are surprised right?” he smiled sheepishly and looked around in embarrassement. “I love you, stupid. Not as a friend but as a man”

                Yerin felt her cheeks were burning. She avoided his eyes.

“Yerin” V smiled softly and entwined their hands and brought her closer once again. “Can we stop being friends? And start being lovers?”

“Tae, this is just too sudden” she avoided his eyes, lowered her head. “Yah” V searched her face. Yerin smiled and pecked his cheek before ran off.

                This time V was stunted. He chuckled.

“Yah Yerin!” he chased her who was giggling. He caught her from behind and spun her to face him. They locked eyes. “That’s a yes right?”

                Yerin smiled. “Of course, stupid” V smiled widely and embraced her tightly. “Thank you, Yerin”

“Thank you too” Yerin hugged him back. “Now you can sleep soundly, right?” She felt him nodding.

*             *             *

                Jeongmin stepped towards the entrance of the café.

*Who could do it?* he was curious of the gun he had found in his room the other day. It still bothered him.

                He stepped into the café. Yerin lifted her head to the sound of bell. “Jeongmin oppa!” her face lit up and waved. Jeongmin smiled. *That person will not hurt my family right?* He waved back and took a seat beside a table where two gentlemen were. V came and took his orders.

“Thank you, Taehyung. For looking after Yerin when I’m away” Jeongmin voiced. V nodded with a smile. He walked away.

                Jeongmin looked around and met eyes with the guys beside his table. He gave them a smile.

“You know Yerin?” RapMon asked. “How-“ Jeongmin stopped.

“Jeongmin oppa is my cousin, Namjoon oppa” Yerin came with a cup of lungo like Jeongmin had ordered. RapMon together with J-Hope who were beside Jeongmin’s table eyed Jeongmin.

“Namjoon oppa, Hoseok oppa. This is my cousin, Jeongmin” Yerin introduced them to each other. “And this is Namjoon oppa and this is Hoseok oppa. They’re my friends”

“You found your family?” RapMon asked. “Only him that I found” Yerin replied him. “The rest of my family. I don’t think I’m ready to meet them yet”

“Not ready? What are you saying?” Jeongmin said. “It’s my fault. That I’m too busy to let you meet them”

“Nah I know they’re busy too, oppa. Plus, I’m not sure if they can ever accept me”

“Aieee what are you talking about? Of course they’ll accept you. You’re our family. We’re not going to dump anyone like our parents did. It was all in the past, Yerin” Jeongmin sipped on the coffee. His eyes glued to RapMon.

“Namjoon is it?” Jeongmin asked. “Yes” RapMon nodded. “You look familiar”