CHAPTER 26

Walking With You

                The cold operation door was opened and V stepped back in surprise. They gathered around the doctor who walked out from there.

“May I talk to the guardian of Mr. Kim Seokjin?”

“Yes” RapMon voiced. “We’re his guardian”

“His parents perhaps?” “Doc, you can talk to us. What happen to Seokjin?”

“Alright then” the doctor took off his mask to reveal a smile on his face. “Mr. Kim Seokjin is stable. He suffered from quite minor injuries. His ankle fractured and his almost heal arm fractured again”

                They sighed in relief.

“Can we see him now?” Jimin asked. “Sure” the doctor jerked his head inside.

                Their footsteps echoed through the white clear hallway to the patients’ place. They ran pass the patients and stopped at a bed.

“Yah! Seokjin!” RapMon went to him in panic. “Guys” Jin plastered a smile on his pale face. His right leg and arm were already casted.

“You okay, hyung?” V asked. “Let me tell your parents” he quickly took out his phone. “What’s their number?”

“Aniya” Jin pushed his phone down and shook his head. “Don’t tell them. Please”

“Why? Your parents should know about you, Seokjin oppa” Yerin spoke.

“Yah!” J Hope called. “Someone beat you up right? Better tell us everything now”

                Yerin gasped and turned to Jin. “Really oppa?!”

“What?” Jin chuckled. “Of course not”

“Come to think of it” V turned to Yerin. “Jin hyung always had bruises and wounds on his face. Right, Yerin?”

“You’re right”

“Don’t tell me someone beat you up” Jungkook guessed. “No” Jin replied. “You beat up people?” “What?” he laughed. “No. Kookie-yah, I’m not that kind of people okay?”

“Come on” Suga slung his arm around Jin’s shoulder. “You think you can fool us? All of us had been together for years. You can just tell us anything”

“Aniya. It’s nothing” Jin replied. “It’s my problem and” he had his eyes on everyone’s faces. “I’m positive that this will be the last time that I’m in this harsh condition”

                The others just exchanged glances.

   *          *             *

                Jungkook was sweeping the lawn when he suddenly ran towards his ringing phone at the garden table.

“Nae, noona” he answered with a smile. “Kookie-yah” Yerin called at the other line. She was at the hospital. Jungkook glances at his mother who sat at the table and gave her a smile. His just healed mother smiled back while her hand busy knitting.

“Alright” he replied to Yerin and ended the call.

“Who is it?” Mrs. Jeon asked him who was taking the rake from the ground. “Is it the same noona you’re talking about the other day?”

“Uhuh” he nodded with a smirk and continued to sweep the lawn.

“Aigo, I’m so lucky to have good sons like you and you’re brother. You even sweep the lawn when I didn’t ask for” the woman smiled. “Oh, talk about hyung” Jungkook stopped sweeping. “He’s coming back from the States next month right?”

“Yes. I sure miss that son of mine” “Me too” “And you didn’t tell him about me being in the hospital right?” “Of course, omma. But now you’re all healthy, hyung wouldn’t even know you ever got into one”

“I know you miss your hyung, dear” Mrs. Jeon smiled to him. “You like someone older to look after you. That’s why you’re close with that noona of yours”

                Jungkook chuckled. “I guess you’re right omma” he continued to sweep. “In fact, she had been a great help to me” he whispered.

-Flashback-

                Jungkook threw himself onto his comfy bed in his dark bedroom. The only source of light in his room was from his phone in his hand.

“I’m lucky Yerin-ssi was around just now. Or I would get hit by the van” he sighed. He opened the text message Yerin just sent.

| Are you home yet?| |Yes| | So you want to share with me what had disturb your mind?|

                He didn’t reply for a while. *Should I?* She sent another message.

| It’s okay if u don’t want to share it. But don’t be too stress, okay? Go to sleep | | Yerin-ssi, I hv a confession| |What is it?| |This is the biggest problem I ever face. U got to help me. I hv a crush on this girl at the hospital| |Crush? Wht u waiting for? Go confess!| |But how? I’m so stupid around girl. Tbh, I turned stiff when a girl approach me| |But u aren’t stiff when I’m around| |I know that. And I don’t know why. So how can I confess? Help me…| |Don’t be scared. U can do this, Kookie! Anyway, just tell her what u really feel about her. Maybe invite her to hv lunch first to make her comfortable with u. Then talk about anything that she hv attention on. For example, if u two go to the garden, talk about the flowers she had her eyes on. Don’t try any stupid pick up line when u first time talk to her! Just try to make her feel safe and comfortable around you| |That’s a lot!| |And because of this girl you almost got into accident just now?!| |Hehe yeah| |You, Kookie! Anyway, good luck okay? Let me know her respond later| |Nae. Thank you very much, Yerin-ssi| |You’re welcome. Good night| |Good night|

                Jungkook threw his phone aside and fell onto the bed. *Should I try this tomorrow? The sooner the better right?*

                The next day, Jungkook got out from the room where his mom was after made sure she was asleep. He sneaked out and shut the door without making any noise. The guy made his way out from the building. He glanced at the watch at his wrist.

*She should be here at time like this. I always watch her from omma’s room*

                He arrived at the garden. He stepped along the pathway. A few patients spent their free time at the garden that evening. His steps suddenly stopped as he saw a girl leaned against the railing of the pond there.

*Sowon-ssi* his heart skipped a beat. He couldn’t stop himself from smiling broadly, so delightful for her present.

                The tall girl in hospital’s dress smiled at her reflection on the water. Sowon could see someone else’s reflection near hers. She lifted her gaze. Jungkook ran his view from the fishes in the pond and to her. “Hello” he smiled.

“Hi” she smiled back. They were silent for a few moment. Jungkook continued to stare at the fishes but his mind was busy trying to come out with a topic for both of them to talk about. “So” she looked at him through the reflection. Her smile still didn’t leave her lips. “You like fishes?”

“Well, yeah. I mean no. I’m just… looking at them. Because they’re… beautiful?” “I agree. They’re gorgeous” “So you had been watching the fishes all this while?” *Yah, Jungkook! She’ll know you always watch her, moron!* “I notice you had been staring into the pond from afar just now. I thought something fell into the pond that you keep on staring into it”

“No. I’m just looking at the fishes. I find them really cute! Don’t you think so?” she glanced at him. “Now that you mention it. They are cute” he stared at a big orange fish. *So she likes fishes. That’s cute!*

“I had wondering how they can breathe in the water and not in the air. And why we human can breathe air and not in the water. It’s weird” “In my opinion” he took her attention. “Everything is made differently. Everything have their own charm and specialty. Like us human. Each of us have different talent and weakness. We may seems different but our differences help complete each other”

“And how does fish and human complete each other?” “Err…” he bit his lips. “We eat fish?”

                Sowon smirked. “Yeah you’re right”

*So can we complete each other by being together?* he thought. “Well-”

“Oppa!” Sowon suddenly turned from looking at his reflection to someone who walked to them. Jungkook followed her gaze. Sowon ran to a guy who approached them. She smiled broadly and entwined their fingers. The two exchanges smiles. “How’s my girl doing?” the guy asked her. “I’m doing just fine. But I miss you a lot!” she replied with joy. “I miss you too. Let’s go eat” “Sure”

“See you later, fish guy” Sowon glanced at Jungkook before she and the unknown guy walked away. Jungkook was speechless. He slowly turned to the pond again. “Tsk” he smirked. “That was fast. I don’t even get to tell her how pretty she is. Mr. Fish” he looked to the yellow fish Sowon had her eyes glued just now. “Since we are friends, can you help tell Sowon-ssi she is beautiful for me? And tell her I wish she is happy with the guy she love. At least she will remember me as ‘fish guy’. My love had ended without it even begin. Funny isn’t it?”

                Jungkook walked away from the pond. Later that night, he texted Yerin.

|Noona| |Why? What happen? Did you tell her?| |No I ask other thing to tell her| |What?| |I was just starting my conversation with her when her boyfriend came| |You okay, Kaookie?| |Nae I’m fine. It’s great that he showed up just in time. Or I’ll fall for her more although she had someone else|         

-End of flashback-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameo appearance

Sowon of GFRIEND