CHAPTER 25

Walking With You

“You have no one now right? I mean someone that you love” he avoided her eye contact.

“I do have” she replied. “What? Who?” his eyes widened at her statement.

“You” she turned to him with a sweet smile. His heart skipped a beat. “And the others too. You’re my friend. And I love my friends” she continued that made his shoulder slightly fell. He sighed in relief quietly.

“Yerin” he turned to her and locked eyes with her. He swallowed his saliva. “I-”

“Yerin-ah!” V burst into the rooftop. “Oh Taehyung” she waved him over with a broad smile.

                Suga turned to the scenery. His face fell.

“Hyung” V slung his arm to Suga. “When did you arrive? I didn’t see you earlier. Have you met Hoseok hyung?”

“You bet I did. You were sleeping beside Hoseok’s bed when I was there” Suga forced a smile. “Oh that explains it. Yerin” V turned to Yerin. “Let’s eat. I’m hungry. You should join too, hyung”

“Yeah. Let’s go” Yerin replied. Suga stared at Yerin without her noticing.

*             *             *

                They went to the hospital’s cafeteria.

“Namjoon oppa!” Yerin saw RapMon who was sitting alone at a table near the window. He waved at them with smile. They motioned to him.

“You’re here? I didn’t see you at Hoseok’s room just now” RapMon scooped some rice into his mouth. “Just hang out at the rooftop. Let us grab some food and we’ll join you. Let’s go” Yerin cling arms with V and Suga, pulling them away.

                Suga’s eyes trailed to his entwined arm with hers. His heart skipped a beat but she released his arm and Yerin went to the food. His eyes sadden.

                Yerin sat beside RapMon and Suga sat on his other side.

“It’s been years since we had lunch together” V joined them at the round table. Suga nodded in agreement.

“Oh!” RapMon said, his eyes lighted up as something crossed his mind. He bent over to the paper bag near his leg. “Last night, I met this guy” he jerked his head to Suga. “At the night stall. So we just hang out together around the town. Then I saw an accessory shop”

                RapMon held out a pink laced headscarf to her. “And I get this for you. Wait” he helped to put it on her head.

“Aww that’s so nice of you, oppa” Yerin smiled as she ran her finger on the headscarf. “Thank you”

“I just thought maybe this look better on you than on the mannequin at the store” he smirked.

                Suga continued to stare at Yerin. He blinked his eyes a few times getting himself out from his thought. *I just saw an angel!*

                V glared at RapMon and Yerin in jealousy. He snatched the headscarf from her head and wore it to his head.

“Yah, Kim Taehyung!” she was pissed off. V ignored her and continued to eat. “You look ugly, you know” he jeered. “Monster Yerin”

“Why you!” Yerin smacked his shoulder, pouted, making V complained in pain. RapMon chuckled at their cute interaction.

                Yerin picked a piece of egg roll and stuck it to her lips. To her surprise, no, to everyone’s surprise, V leaned in and snatched the egg roll from her lips with his lips. She froze and so did the other two guys.

“What the!” Yerin pushed him back. She ran her finger on her lips. Suga saw her action.

“Here” RapMon put one of the egg roll from his plate onto V’s rice. “Eat this. Stop disturbing my lil sister”

“You sure you two are just friends? Because you don’t look ‘just’ friends to me” he smirked.

“Ani, oppa” Yerin waved her hand to RapMon with her head shook, highly protest RapMon’s statement. “Taehyung is just trolling around” she narrowed her eyes to V and smacked his shoulder again.

                V laughed sheepishly “Owh, that hurts”

                Suga continued to eat but still stole glance at Yerin. *They kissed?*

*             *             *

                They were about to leave the cafeteria.

“Oh!” she said. “I left my phone at Hoseok’s room. Let me get it for a minute. You should wait outside”

“Alright” RapMon replied.

                Yerin took the elevator and went to J Hope’s room. She pushed the door and stepped into the room without making any noise as she heard J-Hope’s snores.

                Smile appeared on her face. Hojun was sleeping beside J-Hope o the bed. *Things work out better for both of them. I’m happy for them* 

                She grabbed her phone and approached the door only to bump into Jungkook who entered the room.

“Hi” she said. “Oh, Yerin-ssi” he bowed. “I’m here to visit Hoseok hyung. Is he okay?”

“Sure” she jerked her head to already asleep siblings. “He just fall asleep I guess”

                Jungkook approached the bed and put a small cake box on the table. His eyes glued to J-Hope. “It’s been a while since I saw him”

“Mind if I ask you something?” she approached him. “Why did you say that too? Lately I’ve heard all of you said the same thing. If all of you are friends, you shouldn’t have separated with each other in the first place right? You could call each other or meet up”

“You’re right” he smiled. His eyes sadden. “Something happened between us. That made all of us hate each other. We were too young back then to forgive each other. But being away with people that we love taught us that we cherish and love each other. Even after years being separated. I guess all of us never want to leave each other ever again”

                She stared at him then to J Hope.

*I guess something big had happened between them*

“Talk about them” she turned to Jungkook. “Namjoon oppa, Taehyung and Yoongi-ssi are here too”

“I bumped into them just now. You came with them Yerin-ssi?” “I came with Tae” “Tsk” he chuckled. She turned to him in puzzlement.

“Yerin-ssi, you sure you and Taehyung are just friends? You two had been together always” he glanced at her with a smirk. “Even when we’re texting, you never miss to mention about him”

                He fixed his eyes on her with a naughty smile.

“You two are seeing each other?”

“What?!” she looked away. “No. Taehyung and I. We’re just friends” she stole glance at him.

“Oh” he crossed his arms over his chest. “So being friends for years. Doesn’t that make you look like you love him and don’t want to leave him, Yerin-ssi?”

“What the! Kookie-yah” “See?” he laughed. “I gotcha! Being all flutter about Taehyung already. I have quite sharp eye. I guess”

                Yerin smirked. “Yeah right”

“I better go down now”

“Why? Taehyung is waiting?” he jeered. “Nae. Namjoon oppa and Yoongi-ssi too” she ignored his jeer and went to the door.

“Ah! One more thing” she stopped from easing the door shut. “I thought you’d call me noona”

“Noona? I never call you that” “When we’re at Seunghwn’s house. You shout my name and called me noona” “Oh. You heard it?” he scratched the back of his head, looking down trying to hide his embarrassed face.

“Yes of course. Thank you, Jungkook” she smiled. He lifted his head. “If you didn’t call me at that time, I wouldn’t force myself to protect my own self. Your voices give me strength to keep fighting Seunghwan on that day. Thank you very much”

                Jungkook looked away and mumbled. “You’re welcome”

                She started to ease the door shut.

“See you later, Yerin noona” Jungkook said. “Nae. See you later” she smiled and left the room.

 

 

                V turned to see Yerin who was walking towards them at the main entrance of the building where an ambulance stopped.

“Chatting with Kookie?” he asked. “Yes. Sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s go” Yerin walked ahead. A stretcher was pushed rapidly pass them by the paramedic into the emergency hall behind them. The four had their eyes glued to the unconscious patient on the stretcher.

“Isn’t that” RapMon pointed to the stretcher ahead of them. “Seokjin oppa!” Yerin ran towards the stretcher with the others behind her.

*             *             *

                RapMon lifted his head and looked at everyone. Everyone were silent, overcome by grief and extreme concern.

“How long had it been?” he glanced at Jimin beside him at the seat outside of the operation room. Jimin glanced at his watch and chocked the words out from his raw throat. “Four hours”

“Is he going to be okay?” Jungkook held his sweating hands together. He his dry lips nervously.

                Suga who sat beside him held his grip. Jungkook looked into his eyes.

“He’ll be just fine, Kookie-yah. I’m sure of it” he patted him on his back.

                Yerin saw them and turned to J Hope beside her.

“Hoseok-ssi, you shoulder rest in your room. You had been here for hours”

“I know” he smiled. “But how can I even rest when I know my friend is in critical condition?”

                V stood and stepped to the closed door of the operation room. He rested his forehead on the cold glass door.

“Please let him be alright” he whispered with closed eyes, hoping.