CHAPTER 13

Walking With You

BTS (방탄소년단)-Butterfly (Prologue Mix Ver)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Yerin opened her eyes and stared at the scenery in front of her. The sea. She was at a pier. Not a single sound was audible. Not even the sound of the wave hitting the concrete wall of the pier. She lifted her head to her right. There was a scaffold. On top of it stood a guy.

*Taehyung*

                She tried to move her feet but was unable to do so. It was like her feet were glued to the ground. She lifted her head to watch V. He walked backward before ran towards the end of the scaffold. He jumped off the scaffold.

*Taehyung!* she struggled to get her feet to move but failed. Sound of water splashed could be heard.

“Taehyung!” Yerin sat up from her bed. “It’s just a dream” she panted heavily. She brought her legs up and buried her face in it. She started to sob. *Don’t let that turn into reality*

                It was 3 in the morning. Yerin was at the living room with her sketchbook and pencil in her hands. She was drawing the picture of what she saw in the dream just now. She yawned.

“I don’t want to sleep. Or I’ll dream something bad again” *Dreams are just dreams. They’re not real. Taehyung will not take his own life, Yerin*

*             *             *

“He should come to work today if he arrived last night” Yerin complained with her arms propped. V was nowhere to be seen.

                The café’s bell rang, indicated that they got a customer. Yerin lifted her gaze to see a familiar guy entered. Jimin waved at her with smile. She smiled back and stared as he took a seat. Yerin want to take his order.

“Can I get what I order before this?” “It’s carbonara spaghetti and strawberry tea right, Jimin-ssi?” “Wow! You remember my name” he chuckled, making his eyes turned into a single line. “Of course. But can I get earl grey tea this time?” “Sure” “Thank you, miss waitress”

                Yerin nodded with a smile. She walked towards the counter. Minutes later, she came to Jimin again with his orders. Another customer came into the café.

“Yerin noona” Hojun ran towards her after she placed the orders. “Hojun-ah” Yerin was surprised and followed Hojun’s nervous glance outside the café. The boys who bullied Hojun was looking around, probably looking for Hojun. There was fury in their eyes. She turned to Hojun again.

“Oh my gosh!” Yerin knelt before him and cupped his bruised face. “They beat you up again?!” He nodded.

“It’s okay. You just wait here. Let me get some ice pack” she rushed to the back of the café, panicked.

“That’s your noona?” Jimin asked Hojun. “Aniya. Just a friend” Hojun replied. “Here” Jimin held him a tissue and jerked his head to his bleeding lips. “Thanks” Hojun received it and wiped his lips. The white tissue had turned red with his blood.

“How can you get bully again? Aigo!” Yerin rushed with the first aid kit and ice pack. “Sit” she pushed Hojun to sit across Jimin. Yerin dragged a nearby chair and sat in front of Hojun. She pressed the ice pack onto his bruised eyes.

“Noona!” Hojun winched and whined. “I told you to run right?” she sighed and wiped the cuts on his face.

“You got bullied, kid?” Jimin asked. Hojun nodded. “I’m sorry, Jimin-ssi. I’m making such fuss while you’re eating” she told Jimin. “No big deal. Don’t worry. At least” Jimin winded the spaghetti onto the fork and glanced at them. “It’s great to watch a little drama right?”

“Yerin noona, is this him?” Hojun referred to Jimin. “You know. Your boyfriend” he wiggled his eyebrows with a teasing smile.

“What?” she glanced at Jimin who also lifted his gaze to her. “No. My boyfriend is at his office now”

“So it’s Yerin” Jimin said. “You never tell me your name” he glanced at Yerin.

“I didn’t? I’m sorry. My name is Yerin” she smiled.

                Hojun glanced outside.

“I’ll stay here for a while until it completely safe out there” “Yes. You should” she replied. “I don’t want you to get any bruised face again”

“We should call your brother to pick you up later” she suggested.

“No! Don’t!” “Why? It’s dangerous to go out alone” “But hyung going to be angry with me. Plus, he isn’t really well. He went to see the doctor yesterday. He need to rest”

                Yerin sighed and continued to treat his cuts. “Alright then. You just stay here for a while. Do you want me to get you anything? It’s on me”

“Yay! Thank you, noona” he smiled broadly. “But since I just had my lunch, can I have some cake?”

“Blueberry cheese cake?” “I’ll go with that” “Alright. Wait for a sec” she stood and went to get the cake.

“But Hojun” Yerin came with a plate of blueberry cheese cake and iced mocha. “Why did your brother need the sleeping pills?” she served him and sat. “Sleeping pills?” “Yes. The one with the orange lid” “It’s sleeping pills?! I thought it’s aspirin. Wait! All this while he had been taking sleeping pills? But why? No wonder he always shouts at me if I ever touch his medicine”

“For how long had he consume the pills?” “Ever since his mother away maybe. Is it since two years ago?” “His mother?” Jimin was interested to join the conversation. “Yeah. His mother. His father and my mother got married last 2 years. So actually, he’s my stepbrother” “So that’s why he was furious when I called him your brother” Hojun nodded in reply.

“So your hyung can’t accept you?” Jimin asked. “Both me and my mother” “That sure is hard” “Yes”

                Yerin glanced at Hojun and Jimin from the counter after they finished their chat. Hojun was doing his homework with Jimin helped him. She continued to wipe the counter. Jimin got up and excused himself to the restroom.

                The café’s bell rang as someone entered the café. Yerin lifted her gaze to see a male stood before Hojun. From his expression, she knew he was infuriated with Hojun. The boy winched as he was scolded by J-Hope.

“Hello” Yerin approached them and J-Hope stopped scolding. He turned to her.  “I’m sorry for asking you to come here but Hojun-“

“YOU! What is it now?! You want me to protect him all the time?!” he suddenly exploded. “If you love him so much, you take care of him yourself!”

“No it’s not that” “I’m not coming to this cramped place for him ever again!”

“Excuse me, sir!” she was annoyed by his attitude and he got onto her nerve. “Watch your words! If your brother doesn’t get beating every day, I would have let him walk home on his own! You think I want to see him get beaten to pulp every day?! You as a brother should pay attention to your lil brother! Not letting him get beat up every single day!”

                J-Hope was stunted and froze. And so did Hojun. J-Hope slowly turned to his brother’s note book on the table. He took it. The front cover was full of scribbles of curse words. J-Hope lifted his gaze to Hojun. His face was all bruised.

“But you told appa you fell off stairs”

                Hojun bit his lips and his pupil wavered, knowing he was busted. *Damn it!*

                Yerin sighed.

“Hojun, go home now. See you later” she left them.

                J-Hope took Hojun’s bag after he pack up.

“Hyung, I can carry it myself” Hojun voiced but J-Hope already walked to the door. J-Hope didn’t utter a word.

*That’s the first time he never scolds me for calling him hyung* Hojun thought.

“Hyung, please don’t tell appa about me being bullied” he caught up to him. J-Hope nodded.

                Jimin approached his table again to see no sight of Hojun. “Where’s him?”