CHAPTER 29

Walking With You

                Suga looked at the text message he just received from V.

| Meet me at that place |

He rubbed his eyes as his view was blurry.

“Yah” RapMon came to his table at the night stall and put another bottle of soju. Suga lifted his head and tilted to look at him who was standing in front of him. “Aigo Namjoonie” Suga smiled broadly and pinched RapMon on his cheek. “You’re drinking too much” RapMon removed his hand and stared at Suga’s red face. “Too much?” Suga grinned and poured another cup full of alcohol. “That’s enough” RapMon took the cup from his grip before he could pour the liquid down his throat. “You’re too drunk. Go home”

“Aish” Suga scratched the back of his head and gave RapMon a death glare. “You don’t think beating me up can stop me right?” RapMon spoke. Suga sighed and glared at him. He stood but his legs were wobbly. RapMon caught his waist before he fell. “Let me go” Suga pushed RapMon aside.

                RapMon watched as Suga walked away swaying and hit some passerby. He sighed. “What’s wrong with him now?”   

                Suga had his phone too close to his eyes as he read the text message. “That place. Tsk! He thinks I don’t remember the place?”

                He walked towards an old abandoned stadium. Suga pushed the metal grill open with his body. His footsteps echoed through the wide open space of the pool area. He looked around before flopped down on his bottom. “Where is him?” he pouted with his legs kicking the air. “Palli palli!”

*             *             *

                V pushed the already open metal gate and brought himself into the area of the water sport stadium. He set his foot towards the pool area.

“Hyung!” he immediately ran to Suga who already laid on the cold floor beside the pool. Suga curled himself up and was already asleep. “Hyung” V shook him to wake him up. “Man” V waved his hand in front of his face. “He reek of alcohol”

“5 more minutes” Suga mumbled. “What? Hyung, wake up” V called. Suga opened his eyes and saw V. “You okay?” V helped him to stand. “Uh” Suga just nodded but he felt lightheaded.

 

 

 

 

 

                The two sat at the pool with their legs hung into the dry empty pool.

“Why do you want me here?” Suga began. “Oh I got something to ask you” V glanced at him. He ed himself forwards and he landed onto the tile covered pool floor. V waved him over. Suga joined him. The two stood facing each other. “Sounds serious” Suga had his hands in the pocket of his varsity. “Yes it is” V nodded. His smile disappeared. “Can you

 

Stop bothering Yerin?” “Tsk” Suga chuckled. “Why should I? You’re jealous?” “Yes I’m jealous!” “We’re just friends, Tae” “You think I don’t know about it?” “Wh-?” “The other day that you visited Hoseok hyung at the hospital. You were with Yerin at the rooftop. And you about to confess to her” “How?” “You don’t think I just happen to jump between you two right?” V smirked. “I love her, hyung! Don’t you know? For years!” “I know”

V held his collar tightly that his hands were trembling from anger. Suga glared at him. “You know about it?!” V spoke. “Then why do you keep trying to confess to her?! To make me suffer?!”

“I fall for her too, okay?! What can I do about it?!” “Just go away, hyung! You’re disturbing both me and Yerin!” “Disturbing?” Suga chuckled. “Both you and Yerin?” he let go off his grip. “She doesn’t even look at you”

A punch landed onto Suga’s face that made him fell backward. V’s fist was trembling. “Say that again” he warned.

                Suga chuckled as he stood again. “You want to play it this way? Alright” he threw his fist towards V and it hit him. V kicked him on his stomach that made Suga doubled over. Blood dripped from his lips, staining the tiles. Suga lifted his head and smirked at V.

*             *             *

                Yerin ran towards the pool and her eyes widened at the sight of the scene.

“YAH!” she shouted. Both the boys stopped. “Yerin” V whispered her name as he stared at her worried face.

Suga glanced at V then to Yerin. He saw her eyes that glued to V. *I’m wrong. She’s looking at him all the time* Suga set his feet out the pool and walked pass Yerin. He left them.

“YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!” Yerin shouted. Her eyes were teary. V rushed to her. “Yerin”

                She had her hands raised while bit on her bottom lips. V shut his eyes to expect her hand slap across his already wounded face. But to her surprise, Yerin touched his face. “What….” She sighed to let out her anger. “What are you boys thinking?”

V stared at her as she checked on his wounded and bruised face. He reached out to her hand. V placed her hand on his fast beating heart. Yerin ‘s eyes were slightly widened in surprise but he didn’t saw it. V waited for her response as he searched for her eyes. *Can you feel my heartbeat, Yerin? It’s beating fast every time I look at you*

                She pulled her hand and took his hand. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go treat that” Yerin pulled him out of the old stadium.

 

                Yerin and V arrived in front of a row of stores that still operate at that hour. She pushed him to sit on a bench there. “Stay” Yerin pointed to him when he tried to get up. “Yes ma’am” he couldn’t make any eye contact with her.

                Yerin rushed into the pharmacy in front of them. V watched as she snatched many things from the racks of the pharmacy. She sat beside V.

“Come” Yerin turned V to face her. She cupped his bruised face. “What happen? Why are you two there?” she took some ointment and cotton. She started to treat the wound beside his eyes.

“Why are you there, Yerin?” he asked back. “Why?”

His question made her lost for words. “I..” she paused. “I was just worried about you. That’s why I followed you minutes after you left me. So tell me. Why are you two in there?”

“Just guy things. You don’t need to know” he replied. The two were silent. V continued to stare at her being focused on him.

*Yerin, do you really not see me? Don’t you know that I love you so much?*

*             *             *

                Yerin was standing alone at the pavement in front of row of still operating shops. But not a single human can be seen except for her. She looked up to the dark sky.

*It’s night* She moved her gaze to the front and saw Jin stood far in front of her with a sweet smile. He waved to her. *Seokjin oppa* she tried to move to him but her legs wouldn’t budge. In fact, her whole body couldn’t move as if she was paralyzed.

                A black SUV suddenly halted beside the pavement. The door of the vehicle was shoved open from inside revealing a few men grabbed Jin and forced him to enter the vehicle.

*Seokjin oppa!* Yerin struggled to move. Her heart beat raced. The vehicle drove away as Jin succeeded to force into it. *No* her view was blurry as tears started to form in her eyes. *Oppa* Her tears fell onto the pavement.

*             *             *

                Yerin’s steps were wobbly as the dream from last night keep repeating in her head. V and Jimin glanced at each other then to her. The three were walking through the pavement in the city after the café was closed early that day.

“Yah” Jimin nudged V and jerked his head to Yerin who was walking ahead of them. “What’s with her?”

V shrugged “Don’t know”

“Yerin” Jimin called her but she didn’t reply. He walked up to her. “Yah” he patted her and made her returned to reality.

“Nae?” she asked. “You okay?” “Yeah sure”

“Something is bothering your mind” V spoke. “No” she shook her head. “Not a big deal though”

                Jimin gave a quick glance at his phone and looked at rows of restaurants beside them. He pointed to a seafood restaurant. “That place right?”