Chapter 12

Bokeh

Chapter 12: The Past (Part III)


             KANA

It’s been half a year since Lu Han and I started dating and we’ve been comfortable with each other. I found out that that he’s been sending letters to his twin back in China. I also found out how tragic his life story is. How cruel it is for his family to keep him from public just to make their family name noble. I also found out how much Lu Han wanted to travel around the world and take photos of different places.

“You should go sometime.” I said looking at the world map in his room.

“You don’t want to come with me?” He asks while cleaning his camera.

“I know Dad won’t let me. He never lets me go out with you remember?”

He smiles putting his camera down. “Is it because he wants you to marry that guy that he wants for you?” I nod. It’s been two weeks since Dad told me to break up with Lu Han. He told me that he wants somebody else for me. Someone who is a son of an owner of a big company. “Well, I am not breaking up with you got that?”

I smile and hugged him. “I don’t have plans either.”

He puts his camera down and hugs me. “Good.” He smiles and kisses me. I did the same. He wraps his arms around me as he continued to kiss me. My hand reaches his neck and I felt him carry me. He slowly lowers me to his bed and gets on top of me. He pulls back and stares. “If you tell me to stop I will.”

“What do you want to hear from me?”

“Not to tell me to stop. For you not to break up with me because I know you have plans on doing so.”

“You…heard us?” Lu Han heard me and Chanyeol talking yesterday.  I was actually here right now because I am going to break up with him but because of Dad’s threat of hurting him is making me do so. “I’m sorry Lu Han. I didn’t mean to lie to you. I just want you to be safe. Following Dad is my only option.” He’s crying right now. His tears are falling on me. He shakes his head and he is hugging me.

“Don’t break up with me… Please Kana…  I don’t want this to end..”

Hearing him cry makes my heart break so bad. I love him so much and I also don’t want to be apart with him. “Don’t cry Lu…” I wipe his tears and he kisses me, telling me not to do what I am planning to do.

“Don’t… Kana… Don’t do it…” He said in between his kisses. He kisses me in my forehead, my nose my cheeks down to my lips. He lowers then kisses my neck. His making me stay. He’s telling me not to leave him.  “I won’t let you do it.”

“I’m sorry… ” I whispered painfully. He shuts his eyes close and tears continued to escape through his eyes. “I’m sorry Lu Han but this is the best for both of us.”

“Then spend this last time with me.” His said softly. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. He continued to kiss me as he takes off his top and I do too. He stops, he thinks this is wrong. “Tell me to stop and I won’t do anything anymore.” I shake my head. This is so frustrating and painful.

“I’ll spend the last time with you.”

He scoots closer to me and kissed me. This is the most painful experience I had in my life.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I open the door and removed my shoes. I saw Baekhyun at the front door and he grabs me up to his room.

“Oppa! Wait! Slow down!”

“I can’t! Do you know what you have just done?! Dad figured out that you spend the night at Lu Han’s!”

“But I thought-”

“He’s planning on sending people at his place right now!”

No. He can’t hurt him. I ran towards Dad’s room. I slam the door open and he looks at me smirking. “I guess you heard the news from your brother.”

“YOU PROMISED ME YOU WON’T HURT HIM IF I BROKE UP WITH HIM!!”

“I do. But you broke our promise Kana. You are with him. Oh, and his place is not bad by the way.” He slides his phone across his desk and it’s a photo of Lu Han’s house.

“No… No… DAD YOU CAN’T HURT HIM! PLEASE!”

“Then marry the person whom I want you to marry!” I bit my lip. I hate it but he wins.

“Fine.. I’ll do it.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

1 month later…

                KANA

“You okay?” Baekhyun asks as he looks at me. “You look pale right now.”

“I am.” The door opens and Chanyeol enters. My brother faces him and I notice him shake his head. He walks through the door and closes it.

“Hey.” Chanyeol says sitting beside me. “I’m not going to ask you if you’re fine. But you look really beautiful in that wedding dress.”

“I can’t do it… I can’t even look at myself right now. I’m marrying someone I haven’t seen once. ”

“I’m sorry… But it’s the least I can do. Come with me.” Chanyeol takes my hand and I followed him.

“Where are we going? Dad will be going to my room any minute.” We stopped in front of a room and he smiles.

“Go on.” I held the doorknob going in without knowing what’s inside. Chanyeol closes the door for me but what I find is an empty room.

“Cha-“ I was about to go out when I see something behind me. I turned and saw him. “L…Lu Han..”

“Hey.” He smiles and I ran to him. He hugs me tight as I cry. “You look beautiful.”

“I missed you…”

“I do too. I’m thanking Chanyeol for this.” I chuckled and nod. He pulls back and looks at me. “I really wished I will be the man standing on the aisle not him.”

“I do too.” He smiles and kisses me for the last time.

“You know I love you no matter what happens right?”

I nod. He doesn’t even need to tell me. “I do too.”

“Go.” He said and I painfully walk away from him.

I was instructed to head to the hallway. I want to run back to that room and go to Lu Han but doing that would only put him in danger. The door opens and it makes me feel sick. The sight of the hall makes me feel uneasy. I started to walk after taking my father’s arm. We started walking but every step I take makes me feel dizzy. I take another step and before I knew it, I out.

- - - - - - - - - - 

           CHANYEOL

Please let her be okay. Please let her be. I am walking back and forth in front of the emergency room but the doctor hasn’t come out yet. I know only thirty minutes have passed but there’s no news about Kana just yet.

“Oh god, please let my sister be okay..” Baekhyun prayed. We are hoping that. Aunty has been crying ever since Kana collapsed and I still haven’t told Lu Han hyung about it. If I did, he would be here right now and it wouldn’t be good.

The doctor comes out and we rushed towards him. “They’re both fine. It’s just stress. She should be careful because the baby is just on its second week.”

I can tell that we are all frozen with what the doctor said. Those words “Baby” and “second week”

“Are you certain doctor? Is our Kana… pregnant?” Aunty asked.

“Are you not informed of it? Is the patient not aware?” The doctor handed Aunty the results of the tests that they have done and she is pregnant.

“THAT B*STARD!!” Uncle enraged. Baekhyun told me to rush to where Kana is until they calmed uncle down. I enter the room and she is sleeping soundly. Is she really not aware of this at all? She slowly winces and opens her eyes. I smile and caressed her hair.

“Hey.” I whispered and she smiled.

“Where am I?”

“You fainted. You’re at the hospital.”

“I did?” I nod. Her voice was hoarse. “Is it because of these past few days? I haven’t been sleeping well and I keep on feeling nauseous or is something wrong with me?”

“Ana, nothing’s wrong with you. It’s just…” She looks at me confused. Should I tell her now?

“What is it Chan?”

I sighed. I should right? “Ana, you’re pregnant.” She froze and sits up.

“Wait, what are you-” I guess she knows what I am talking about. “Oh god.”

“Is it hyung’s?” I asked. She nods and she started crying. I pull her close and she cried even more. She’s scared and I don’t know what to do. “Shhh. It’s going to be alright.”

I felt her shake her head no. “I’m scared Chan… What should I do?”

- - - - - - - - - -

                   KANA

“YOU INSOLENT CHILD! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!” I deserve to be slapped. I should wake up and come to my senses. What have I done really?

“Honey!” Mom exclaimed and helped me get up. “Sweetie are you okay?!”

I can feel tears fall from my eyes. Where is he? Did Lu Han even know? Am I going to go through this alone? “YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE IN THS HOUSEHOLD! GO! LEAVE! YOU’RE A DISGRACE!”

“Dad! Stop it!” Baekhyun exclaimed. I can’t say anything. I don’t care what will happen anymore. I’m too afraid to know.

“GO AND NEVER COME BACK!” Dad shouted as he throws all of my things out from our house.

“Dad!” Baekhyun called but Dad didn’t look back. Mom hugs me and told me that it will be okay. “Let’s go for the meantime. I’ll call him okay? So don’t worry.”

Mom and Baekhyun helped me get inside the car. I don’t know where we are headed, I just need to see Lu Han right now. We stopped in front of Chanyeol’s house are we going to pick him up? “Why are we here?” I asked and I can hear that my voice is hoarse.

“Chanyeol told me that you can stay at his place for the time being. He’s there too.”

The door opens and Lu Han appeared. He ran to me and hugs me tight. “Oh god Kana. I’m glad you’re safe.” I began to shake and I started crying.

- - - - - - - - - - 

                  LU HAN

She’s crying. And it’s because of me. I have been too careless. What am I even thinking? It’s my entire fault.

“I’m afraid Lu Han. I don’t know what to do…” She says and I hugged her tighter. I want to wash away what she’s feeling right now but I can’t do it.

“I’m sorry. I really am Kana but I don’t regret having the baby.” She looks at me and I smiled at her. “If it’s okay with you, I want to have to baby.”

“Lu Han…”

“I’ll be with you. I won’t leave you and I’ll be responsible for the baby. We’re in this together Kana.” She smiles and nods.

“Mm. We’re having the baby.”

“We’re going to be the best parents that she will have.”

Kana chuckles. “She?”

“I want it to be a girl and we’re going to name her Soah.”

“And what if it’s a boy?”

“Then we’ll name him…” I’m not prepared with naming babies just yet. I was planning to have a girl as my first baby. Kana chuckles and rested her head on my chest.

“Can we name him Hyesung?” I smiled.

“Yes, Hyesung. That will be nice.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

9 months later…

                  LU HAN

“Do you need water? I’ll get you some.”

“I’m…fine.” Kana replied. I can’t seem to stand still here. She’s having a hard time with laboring. Why can’t Soah just come out so that everything will be over? I looked at the nurse.

“Do you need anything? Oh Kana just tell me. You must have something that you need!”

“Yes, I need you to shut up okay? I’m fine.” She says and chuckled.

“Can’t she come out now? She’s having a hard time breathing!” The nurse chuckled.

“No sir. Just a few more minutes.”

“FOR GOODNESS SAKE! YOU’VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR AN HOUR! My sister’s going paler and paler!” Baekhyun exclaimed. I felt Kana’s hand on mine and she smiles faintly.

“I’ll… be fine… Lu Han…”

“Oh god… Kana please be okay..” Chanyeol mumbled.

“You’re over reacting guys. It’s normal for Kana to labor okay? It will pass.”

“But Mom!” “But Aunt..” We all said in unison.

The nurse smiled and wiped Kana’s sweat. “You’re really loved aren’t you?” Kana smiled and she nods. She continued to have a hard time breathing and the nurse checked on her. “I guess it’s time now. Relax okay? You can do it Kana.”

Oh god it’s starting. I’m excited and at the same time, I am afraid. I have decorated Soah’s room to full pink it’s all ready. But I’m feeling nervous as I look at Kana. Will she be okay? “Just a little more Kana!” The doctor says.

“You can do it Kana… I know you can… You got this. We got this…” I said to her in repeat as she grips on my hand tightly. She’s in pain and I can’t watch her being in pain. Then I heard it. Soah. Soah’s here.

“It’s a girl.” The doctor says. Kana’s crying in joy and I am too. I smiled as she holds Soah. She’s beautiful. They both are. My girls.

- - - - - - - - - - 

                   KANA

“Do you need a blanket Kana?” Lu Han asked and I nod. He rushed to the closet to get me and Soah a blanket. He puts it on us and the sat beside me. “Do you need some water?” I haven’t replied yet but he immediately rushed downstairs. He rushed back to my side. He looks uneasy.

“Do you need-” I hold his hand and shake my head.

“I need you to stay calm. We’re both okay Lu Han.” I chuckle and said. He’s playing the role of father and he’s being too nervous about it.

“I’m sorry Kana. It’s just, it’s new for me… I don’t know how to act like a good father to Soah.” I smiled.

“You are being a good father to her.” I suddenly felt like going to the restroom so I sit up and Lu Han flinches. I laughed and shake my head. “Relax. I just need to go to the restroom. Can you stay beside Soah for me?”

“Y..Yeah! I can.” I carefully stand up so not to wake Soah up. Lu Han switches with me and lie down close to Soah. “Will it be fine like this?”

I chuckle and kissed his forehead. “You’ll be fine don’t worry.”

“Okay…”

I walk to the restroom and did my business. When I came back, Lu Han is sleeping soundly with our daughter. He hasn’t slept a wink last night because Soah was crying. I smiled at the sight. I took his camera and snapped a photo of them. I looked at it and it’s beautiful. I’m glad I gave birth to Soah.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I stare at Lu Han as he nervously watches the doctor checking Soah’s condition. I chuckle and held his hand. He looks at me and forces a smile.

“It’s just a check-up Lu. Soah’s fine.” I said.

“Are you sure? It’s taking her too long.”

The doctor laughs and handed us Soah. “Soah’s fine. You don’t have to worry. She’s very healthy in fact.”

Lu Han sighs in relief and smiles. “That’s great.”

The doctor smiles and told us about Soah and how can we maintain her being healthy. Afterwards, we headed out and saw Chanyeol waiting outside. He stands and approaches me.

“How is it?” He asks.

“Soah’s good. Can we go somewhere and eat?”

“Fine. But not too long. Baek told me that your father is still searching for you. It might not be good.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

We rode the car on our way home and I noticed my brother keeps on looking back. I pulled Soah closer and looked at him.

“What’s wrong oppa?”

“Damn it. We’re being followed. I think he found us.” He replied. Lu Han held my hand and smiled.

“Don’t worry. We got this.” I nod and ahjussi kept on driving.

“Young Miss, I’ll try to lose them. I want you all to wear your seatbelts.” I nod but I can’t help to be afraid. I have Soah and the last thing that I wanted to happen is to get Soah be hurt.

“Ahjussi, there’s two on the left and one straight ahead.” Chanyeol said.

“Oh my god.” I hold on to Soah tighter and close my eyes. I can feel the car accelerating as ahjussi turns. I gasped when he stopped and I open my eyes. “W..Why did we stop?”

They are all looking ahead and we’re trapped. “Oppa, I can’t let them have Soah…”

“We’ve got this Kana. We’re going to get away.” Lu Han kissed the side of my head and I nod. We all got off the car and started running.

“Kana! Hyung! Run!!” My brother shouted. I saw Chanyeol look at me and said that it’s going to be okay. Lu Han took Soah from me and we started running. He stops when he saw the car that is used by my father’s men. He told me to go in and I did. I don’t know if he’s good at driving but that’s not to be considered right now. We have to get away fast. He placed his seatbelt and I did too. I saw my brother and Baekhyun take off from the other car too and followed us.

“Soah, hold on a little bit more okay? Mommy and Daddy’s got you.” Lu han says and I can’t help but to cry. I’m too afraid right now. “I think we lost them.” I sighed in relief. Lu Han opens his window and signaled Chanyeol to pull over. “From here, we have to go to the airport. My brother managed to set us tickets to Europe.” He says telling Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“When did this happen?” I looked at him in surprise. I am really not informed about this.

“I have things planned beforehand and told my brother about it.” He hugs me and Soah and kissed my forehand. “I’ll protect you both so don’t worry.”

"We have to hurry up. They're going to catch us." My brother says as he carries Soah on his arms.

"We have to separate. Kana and I will go together and you three go together. Let's just meet there." Lu Han says.

"I can't leave h-" I say as I started to cry but Lu Han cuts me off. He smiled and pulled me closer.

"We'll be all alright. Don't worry about it." He whispered to me kissing the side of my head. He takes my hand and let me enter the car. "We'll meet you all there."

"Okay." Baekhyun says. Chanyeol looks at Lu Han in worry and Lu Han smiled.

"I'll be fine. Her too. I won't let anything happen to her. She's important to me as she is to you." Lu Han says and pats Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Promise me."

"That's girl talk but alright I promise." Chanyeol smiled and walk over to me.

"Hey." He says. I look at him while crying in worry. "I'll take care of her don't worry."

"I can't do this Chanyeol, I'm too afraid."

Chanyeol scoots closer and kisses my forehead. "Shh. It will be okay. Everything will. You just have to believe. We're all afraid, but we're going to get through this."

I nod. Chanyeol smiles and wiped my tears. "Be careful."

"I will." I reply and looked back to where Soah is. "Please take care of her."

"I will, I'll take care of your daughter."

Chanyeol steps back and headed to the other car taking Soah from Baekhyun. Lu Han enters the car and started driving. He noticed me shaking and he takes my hand. "This will be over soon Kana. Just a little bit more okay?" He said and kisses her hand. I nod and wipe my tears. Two cars are following us from behind and Lu Han stepped on to the gas for acceleration. "Hold on baby, just a little bit more. We'll meet Soah soon. We're going to get our daughter back."

Just then, a car over takes us. Lu Han stepped on to the break, but it was too late. The car crashes to the car in front of them making us fall from the cliff.

- - - - - - - - - - 

LU HAN

I open my eyes and felt the oxygen on my mouth. I widen my eyes. Sh*t. Kana and Soah. I sat up and Baekhyun sits up.

“HYUNG!” I removed the oxygen from my mouth and stood up. I felt a little dizzy and my whole body aches but I just have to see my girls.

“W..Where is Kana and Soah?” I asked. Baekhyun looks down. I don’t like his look. “DAMN IT BAEKHYUN WHERE ARE THEY?!”

“Soah’s fine. Mom’s got her. But Kana… She’s in a critical stage. Chanyeol’s looking after her in the ICU. She needs a heart transplant.”

My knees weaken but I shake the feeling off. I have to see Kana. I ran outside and searched for the ICU. I heard Baekhyun call for me but the sight of the ICU makes me ignore him. I ran and saw Kana. She’s there. She’s badly hurt.

“K..Kana. NO!” Chanyeol looks back as his eyes widen at the sight of me. He runs outside and holds me.

“Hyung!”

“Let go!”

“Hyung calm down! You being like this won’t wake Kana up! She’s been sleeping for two days!”

The machine on Kana started beeping. I don’t know why but somehow, I know that she’s in danger. Nurses started rushing inside and they started to do something on her. “Kana! Hold on! You got this!”

I was instructed to go back to my room but I insisted to stay. They got me on IV and I stare at Kana. I hold her hand and kissed it. “I’m so sorry. I told you we got this but I ended up putting you in danger…”

“It’s not your fault hyung. It’s an accident.” Chanyeol said and held my shoulder. “She’ll be okay.” Tears are coming out from me. I don’t know if I can’t take another second seeing her like this.

“How is it? Her donor? I heard she needs a transplant.”

Baekhyun looks down and sighs. “Still nothing. The doctor says that if she doesn’t have any donor by tomorrow…”

“What? What will happen?” I stood up and faced them but they are avoiding my look. “LOOK AT ME YOU TWO!”

“She… She might die. Ana only got the machine supporting her.”

I don’t know if it’s just me or my knees but I am getting weaker as I listen to the things that they are saying. “I’ll do it. I’ll give her my heart.”

“Hyung! Do you understand what you’re saying right now?!”

I smile. “Yes. I believe I am old enough to comprehend what I am saying.” I look at Kana and smiled even more. “Can you leave us alone?”

“Hyung!” they both exclaimed in unison.

“My decision’s final. I’m going to give her my heart.” They both sighed and I told them to leave us. I looked back at Kana and caressed her hair. “Hey, how are you? I am not able to fulfill my promise to you huh? I can’t stay anymore Kana because I have to save you. But I won’t leave you alone. I will always be with you. Always and forever. I’ll give you my heart. Soah needs you more than me so you have to promise me that you’ll take care of her. I know you’ll be happy again even without me. You have to be.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

I stare at the window. Today’s the day I will be leaving huh? I closed the letters that I will be giving Kana, Soah and to my brother. The door opens and Chanyeol comes in with Soah. I smile and extended my arms to Soah.

“Come here Princess.” I say. I kissed her cheek and she chuckles. “I’m sorry Princess, I can’t stay with you and Mommy. Daddy has to save Mommy so she can’t leave you.”

She chuckles and holds on to my finger. "S..She just held my hand right now did she Chan?" Chanyeol chuckles and nods. "Hey Soah, you don't know how happy Daddy is." I kissed her in repeat and she laughs.

“S..She just talk right now did she Chan?” Chanyeol chuckles and nods. “Hey Soah, you don’t know how happy Daddy is right now.” I kissed her in repeat and she chuckles.

“Hyung, it’s still not too late. Ana only has you. You’re her fate.”

I smiled and ruffled his hair. “I know. But Kana has two fates. I know you’ll be the perfect one for her.”

“Hyung..”

“Promise me you won’t tell her no matter what happens. But if there’s really no choice, give this letter to her. It will let her understand everything.” I hand her the letter that I wrote for Kana. “Here’s for our Princess. Give this to her the moment she learns how to read okay?” I handed the other letter to him. “And this, send this to my brother. The address is at the back. I entrust everything to you okay?”

He sighs and takes the letters. The nurse came and I was told that I have to go now. I smile and ruffled his head one last time. I entrust everything to him. I know he’ll be good to Kana and Soah. We make our way to the operating room and I saw Kana on the other bed. “Just a second.” I say and I reached for her hand. “Goodbye Kana. Thank you for everything. Always know that I love you until forever.”

End of flashback…

- - - - - - - - - - 

KANA

I open my eyes and find myself in my old room. It’s my room. Why am I here? I gasped and sat up.

“F..Father.” He smiles and sits his cup down.

“Kana.” I stood up away from my bed. Why am I here? Why is he here? What’s going on? “Shh. Calm down. I didn’t take you because I’m mad. I’m fine now Kana. I feel sorry for what happened to Lu Han and I’m sorry for that. I know that it’s my fault.”

I can feel anger rush through me. I scoffed and glared at him. “Sorry? You think your apology can bring us Lu Han back father?! YOU KILLED HIM!”

“Kana calm down. It’s not because of the accident that he was killed!”

“Kana!” The door slams open and my brother together with Chanyeol. I gasped. He’s fine now. He met eyes with me and smiled. He is walking towards me. What should I do?

“Are you okay?” He asks softly holding my cheeks.

“You… You’re fine.”

He smiles and nods. “Let’s get out of here.” I smiled back and nod.

“You haven’t told her yet Baekhyun.” Dad said. My brother stops and holds his collar. I gasped in surprise.

“Oppa!”

“You’re the reason why Soah lost his father! You’re the reason why all of this happened! You even made Kana lose her memories! I don’t know if I can still call you a father!”

“I am sorry for that! I know my greed led everything that way but I am reflecting now which is why I am protecting my daughter!”

“Daughter?” My brother scoffs. “Who? You made her miserable Dad!”

“I know and I am also the reason why they are after her!”

“After me?”

Father sighs and sits on the chair. “The Lu family is after you. They want you dead.”

“M..Me? Lu Han’s family? Why?” I ask.

“They should’ve told this to you long time ago.” Father hands me an envelope and I took it. “That would explain everything.”

“KANA DON’T!” Chanyeol exclaims.

“What is inside this that you’re reacting that way Chan?” I held the envelope away from him and he is shaking. Shaking in fear. He didn’t reply so I guess opening this would explain everything. It’s a medical record. “Heart transplant?” I read it all and saw it. The donor. It’s Lu Han.


Hi everyone! Here’s an update! ^^ Just want to say that I added something on chapter 8 because I noticed that there’s a part missing in it haha! Sorry! Anywaysss~ I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter! Feel free to leave your comments and subscribe okay?

- Cheonsabyul