Chapter 25

Bokeh

Chapter 25: Falling you


KANA

I stand on the doorframe and stare at Chanyeol bringing out his things from his luggage. I like it that he's casually taking out his things hanging it on the closet. But I don't like it that he's going to stay here.

"Stop what you're doing." I say standing in front of him blocking him from doing it. I seem to be forgetting that he's damn taller than me. A grin appeared on his face and walks closer to me until I'm trapped with him and the closet. He inch a bit closer until I'm sitting at the closet. He lowers closer to me face and smiles.

"Try me." I scoff and pulled him before he goes back to his luggage and he gasps on my action. I stand over him and glared. He laughs and holds me close. "You're good but you're just tempting me to have you by myself right now Kana."

He goes back to what he was doing and I'm here completely defeated and clueless on what I can do to drive him out of this house.

"Can't you just leave? Please? I don't want people spending time in this house just because I'm dying." He stops and throws his clothes back on his luggage facing me.  I think I just provoked him.

"I'm not staying here because you're dying. I'm staying here because I'm getting you back from what's dragging you to have interests in dying Kana."

If only I can record how many times he made my heart beat like this because of those words that comes out from his mouth, I would probably made it in making room for a library. His phone rings and his hands make its way to his pocket. He faces the other way and answers the call.

"Yeah, I'll be there." He says and his eye drops on me. "I'm bringing her too." He hangs up and places his phone back to his pocket. "Let's go." He grabs me and we make our way out to the garage.

"Wait! Where are we going?" He takes his keys and opens the car door pushing me inside. I'm left with no choice but to go inside so I did. I look at him as he makes his way to the driver's seat. He places his seatbelt and noticed that I still have mine not with me so he removed his and scoots closer to me. My chest rises at his sudden movement and he smiles noticing how his action affected me.

"Let's go." He says and started driving. He makes a turn on the intersection and stopped when the light turned red. I'm contemplating where he is bringing me right now but then I suddenly realized the possible site when I recognized a familiar route. His studio. He pulled over to the side and parks the car. He takes his seatbelt off and walks out of the car. Why are we here? "Are you not getting off?"

I flinch when I realized that he's at my side. He takes off my seatbelt and grabs my hand as we make our way in. I scan the place and I realized how successful he became for the time being that I'm not with him. His studio is huge but what caught my attention is the photo placed on the side of the studio. I stopped on my feet and stared at it. It's me and Soah standing on the flower park that they own. He snapped a photo of us.

"Kana?" I looked behind me and saw Chen looking at us. His eyes dropped on my hand that Chanyeol is holding. I pulled my hand back and cleared my throat in embarrassment. He chuckles and his hands make their way on his waist. "You're back together now huh?"

"No." "Yeah." We both said in unison. I looked at Chanyeol and he shrugs.

"Look how synced you both are." He adds and steps in between us. "Let's get you inside okay?"

We make our way in the studio and I hear music playing, lights on, people doing make up to models and white flowers at the center. Is someone getting married with the set-up?

"Today's client is getting married next week and they want their photo to be taken by you." Chen hands Chanyeol his camera and grins. "Be grateful and do a good job today."

Chanyeol laughs shakes his head. "I'm already grateful." He says looking at me and I look away because I think I'm flushing right now. Why did he bring me here anyway?

He approached the couple and greeted them. "Hi, I guess you two are the one?"

"Yes, please make her pretty for the photo." The guy replied and the girl laughs. Chanyeol smiles.

"The only thing that matters is that you'll be pretty in front of him right? Nothing else matters." The girl smiles and nods. "You don't need to worry. You'll always be pretty in his eye, which is why he's marrying you."

"You have a way with your words." The guy replied and his eyes drop on me. "I think that's why you got her." I looked behind me and I think he's referring to me.

"No I'm not-"

"Trust me, my words have no effect on her." Chanyeol laughs and guides the two on their spot.

I laugh at his remark. Trust me Chanyeol, every words from that mouth of yours have great effect on me. He tells the two to be comfortable and smile naturally. His words seem to have an effect to them too. The girl looks very beautiful on the pictures as I look at them on the monitor after Chanyeol presses the shutter. The shoot took half an hour and Chanyeol reviews all the shots that he made. Is this how he works every time? He looks great working hard.

"You can take a look and see if you prefer them." The couple scans every photo that he took and I don't think they will have something that they wanted to take out from those photos because everything looked perfect for me. I looked at the couple and they are smiling while glancing at the pictures.

"They're beautiful. Can we keep them all?" The girl asked.

"Sae Ra, are you serious?" The guy asked.

"Mm, I am. " I smile and looked at Chanyeol's reaction. He's happy too.

"You can choose the best photos and have them paid and I'll give the remaining to you. I can't have my business go down can I?" The guy chuckles at his statement.

"Will that be okay?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

The girl thanked him too and the couple was guided to change their clothes. Chanyeol notices me looking at the photos and sets his camera down. "How is it?" He sits on the chair in front of me and asked.

"What is?"

"Watching me work."

"Is that why you brought me here?"

"Are there any other reasons?"

"Why do you want me to watch you work?"

"To get you in that white dress."

Time stops.

My eyes widen.

I look at him surprised.

"What are you saying?"

He stands and grabs something from the corner and tosses it to me. I was forced to catch it since I don't want myself being hit by it. I stare at the thing on my hand. I think this is a thing where you place films. I looked back at him and he gestures me to open it. I shake it and there's something inside. I open it and a ring falls from it. He's proposing.

"What do you say? You good being in that white dress?"

I shut my eyes closed and exhaled. He knows that the reason why we grew apart these years is because of a ring and a proposal. Now he's bringing it up again. "What do you think you're doing Chanyeol? You're proposing to someone who's in the verge of death."

"That's why I'm doing it." He walks closer to me and pulls me to a hug. "Even if you say no right now, I'll keep doing it until you say yes."

- - - - - - - - - - 

            CHANYEOL

Kana is poking through her food as I stare at her across the table. I smile as she stares back at me. She's pissed that I proposed to her. I like it that she's pissed. Her being pissed only means that she doesn't like me to be hurt again and that means she cares about me.

"Uncle? Did something happen? You're smiling." Soah asks. I put down the fork and drink the water across me.

"Your mom just rejected me when I asked her for marriage." Kana gasps and stands from her seat making her stand from where she is seating.

"You did not just tell my daughter how I rejected you!"

I grin. "I didn't. I just told her you rejected me not how you rejected me painfully."

"Park Chanyeol!" I laugh at how pissed she was. She cares for me as much as I expected and I love her even more because of that.

"Uncle, why are you laughing when mommy's angry?" Soah asks as she continues to look at us. I smile and ruffled her hair.

"I don't know. It's nice to see her getting mad at me than not seeing her at all." I can tell that Kana's expression softens. She chewed in her cheek and continued poking her food. "I'll do the dishes tonight in exchange Kana. I've pissed you off." I smile as I make my way to the counter placing the used dishes from my side.

 

KANA

This is not good. This is really not good. I am falling for him even more. He has to stay out of this house before I get another proposal from him or I'll be able to say yes without him proposing to me.

"I'm done Mommy. I'm doing my assignment."

"Oh, okay. I'll go to your room later."

"Okay!" Soah gets off from the chair and heads upstairs. As soon as her footsteps faded, I grabbed my plates and placed them beside Chanyeol who's washing the dishes. I leaned at the counter across him and stare.

"Whatever it is that you are planning, it won't work I'm telling you."

"Okay." He sing song and continued washing. I scoffed. Is he confident? I hate his confidence. I want to slap him out of it.

"Chanyeol I'm serious. You have to stop. Go out there and propose to another girl and be happy."

He turns the faucet off and removes the gloves off his hands. He faces me and crosses his arms across his chest. "I'm serious too. I'm not giving up on you."

"I'm dying."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. Now go and leave."

"I'm getting pissed right now." He says as his expression changes.

"Good. That'll make you leave. Shall I piss you off more? I'm dying. You can't marry a dying girl who's going to die in-" His lips met mine. I push him away but he's too strong for someone who is terminally ill, or am I making excuses not to push him away? He stops and glares at me.

"Shut that mouth of yours." His voice is deep. His mouth returns to mine and I'm beginning to be weak against him. I push him away on the thought that Soah is just upstairs.

"Damn it Chanyeol stop. Soah's upstairs-" He grins and looks down at me.

"So what if she's upstairs?"

"She might see this!"

"So you want privacy?"

"Ye- what? NO." I push him in front of me and walked away. I squealed in surprise after I felt him carry my on his arms. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"Privacy is easily done Kana." He kisses my forehead and I hit him. He stops and wince in pain.

"Shut that mouth of yours!" He laughs and puts me down. I walk back to the kitchen and put on the gloves continuing to wash the dishes.

Damn it, I can't be tamed.

I won't be easily tamed.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Where are you going?" I let go of the car handle and looked behind me. Chanyeol is standing at the gate staring at me. He adjusts his backpack and walks close to me.

"Hospital." His eyes widen at the word 'hospital' and checks me from head to toe. 
"Are you okay?! Does it hurt?!" I laugh and push him away. I open my car door and placed my bag at the seat beside me. "Kana!" He appears on my window and I lower it down.

"I'm fine. It's just a checkup. I'll see you later." I start up the car and drive my way to the hospital.

 

CHANYEOL

I watch as Kana disappears with her car. She can't go alone. I won't let her go to the hospital alone. I ran to my car, starting it up. I dialed Chen hyung's number and headed to the hospital.

"Oh? Why?" He answers.

"Won't be going to work today. Can you cover up for me?" I hear him rummaging into some papers and mumbles.

"Yeah I think I can. There isn’t much for today." I hear him put the paper down and gets back to me. "But is something wrong?"

"Kana went to the hospital for a checkup. I don't think I can let her go in alone."

"Alright."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeol." I was about to hang up when he stopped me.

"Oh?"

"Stay strong. She'll make it." I smile and nod.

"I know. Thanks." I replied and hang up. It's a given. Kana will make it through another year with us. I know she will.


And another update! How was the story guys? Are you liking it? I’m sorry for not being able to update the story because I’ve been busy with a lot of things, but here I am again HAHA! I hope you guys liked all the chapters so far ^^ Leave your comments and tell me all about it okay?

- Cheonsabyul