Chapter 8 - EDITED

Bokeh

Chapter 8: Meeting him


            KANA

He’s dead. Am I being delusional right now? He’s standing in front of me. Why is that? “Are you okay?”

“Oh my god, Luhan talked.” I stepped back frightened. “I think I’m a mad person.” He laughs and helps me up.

“I can see that you’re surprised, but I’m not Luhan. I’m his twin. I’m Yoohan by the way.”

“A what? I mean, who?” I take his hand and he helped me get up. He smiles. He smiles like Luhan.

“I am Yoohan. Luhan’s twin. You’re his girlfriend right? I mean fiancé.”

“I’m his what?” I am informed that I’m his girlfriend. But the fact that we’re getting married, that part I am not informed. He was about to reply when the rain started to pour. He grabs my hand and pulled me somewhere. That somewhere is his car.

“You’re wet, here wipe yourself.” He says handing me a towel. I took it and thanked him. “I don’t know much about you but Luhan wrote to me telling that he has someone that he’s seeing. He’s been calling you his fiancé but unfortunately the accident happened.”

I don’t know how I should react. I am feeling surprised and I don’t know which is which. Is it because Yoohan makes me feel like I am talking to Luhan or is it because I just heard Luhan’s twin tell me that he once planned on asking me to marry him? I continue to look at him. He looks exactly like him. His voice, his face, his smile, everything.

“I look exactly like him huh? Well, we’re twins.”

“Yeah, except that you’re good in talking in Korean. I used to talk to him in English because he has troubles talking in my language.” He laughs. Oh my god, he laughs like Luhan too. It’s starting to creep me out. I know twins are much alike but I did not expect for them to be this much alike. “It’s like he’s here again. Oh my god.” I mumbled and I felt like crying again.

“We have to dry ourselves up. Mind taking you somewhere or you want me to take you home?”

I shake my head. I don’t plan on going somewhere else where people know me more than I do. “Don’t take me home. Take me somewhere else.”

“Okay.” He replied and he started driving. I leaned on the window and I am feeling weak and cold. He stops in front of a house and I am guessing that this is his house. “I took you to my home. I don’t know where else to go. I just moved in.”

I chuckled and stepped out. I close the door and he leads the way inside. “Just sit wherever you like. I’m going to get you some clothes to change into. Oh, and you can get a shower if you like. First door on the left.”

“You know you’re a stranger to me. You’re asking me to take a shower on a stranger’s place.” I replied and he smiles.

“Yes I know. But you trust me because of my twin’s face.”

I smiled. I hate that he looks exactly like him that makes me want to trust all of him. He takes the stairs leaving me downstairs. I am feeling cold so I headed to the comfort room and took a shower. I removed my wet clothes placing them on the table. I opened the shower and let the water pass through my head down to my feet.

“I’m leaving your clothes here.” Yoohan said from outside.

“Thank you.” I replied.

“Just dry your clothes at the dryer later.” He says as his voice fades. I guess he went somewhere else. Once I finished, I changed into the clothes that Yoohan left. They’re his clothes and they’re big on me. I laughed at my reflection.

“They’re too big.” I said showing it to him. He laughs and shakes his head.

“You’re just wearing it for an hour.”

“You’re just letting me stay for an hour?” He stops and looks at me. Oh my god, what did I just said?

“Did something happen? Did you run away or something?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I replied and sat on the counter table. He gives me a hot drink and sat at the chair next to me.

“You did run away from home.” He says. I don’t like it that he’s interfering with my business but I like it that he has the same face as his. He continues to look at me as he drinks his coffee and I took mine.

“What?”

“Nothing. I just want to dry your hair because I think that’s going to make you sick. I’m afraid that  my brother might haunt me.” I laughed at his humor.

“I’m sorry if you’re feeling burdened just because you look like him.”

“I think I deserved to be burdened for me taking his right to live.”

“What do you mean?”

“We live in China. Our family values the law of having only one child in the family. Us being born us twins, my family chose me so they hid Luhan from the public and sent him here. I grew up separated from him and the only connection that we had are the letters we send to each other.”

“Oh my god, I don’t know that. Or rather, I’m not sure if I don’t know it or if I just forgot it.”

“Forgot?”

“Yeah, I have amnesia. They say that I got it from the accident that Luhan and I got into.”

“An accident? They told you that’s why my brother died?”

“Yeah, that’s what they told me. Is it not?” He looks at me surprised and I don’t know why he is surprised. “What? Is something wrong?”

“Nothing. It’s just, that’s not what I know.”

“What do you know?” I’m afraid of hearing what he knows. It’s too much for me today. I think my heart’s going to crash if I continue listening, if ever what Yoohan will say is a bad thing. He smiles and ruffles my hair.

“It’s nothing. Just drink it.” I think he knows that I’m afraid that if what he’s going to say will hurt me I won’t manage to handle it. He stands and places his mug in the sink and leans on it facing me with his arms crossed. “Guess what, I think I’m letting you stay as much as you like. In exchange, I want something from you.”

I gasped and he laughs. “You’re thinking of something erted are you Kana?”

I flushed. “I..I’m not.” But honestly, I just did.

“I just want to know more about my brother from you which is why I am here in Korea. To know more about him. I’ll let you stay in exchange for that.”

“I think I’m out of here. I don’t remember that much though.”

“You just said that he’s not good in Korean earlier.”

“Well that’s one out of many. I just remembered little bits as of now.”

“Then tell me of those bits. I’ll let you stay and I won’t ask why you don’t want to go back home.”

I smiled. I like how he plays his game. “Okay. Deal.”

- - - - - - - - - -

CHANYEOL

She didn't came home last night. She didn't answer all of the calls I made either. She's mad. And the reason why she's mad is too much of an irony.

"You didn't made her upset because you cheated did you?" Baekhyun asks.

"I already told you." He laughed and shakes his head.

"Why don't we tell her already? What do you think?"

"I think that's a bad idea." I replied. Baekhyun stops on his track and froze. "What?"

"Please tell me I'm just seeing things because I can see Luhan with Kana right now."

There they are. But I don't think that's Luhan. He's dead and he can't be alive. Kana noticed me and her smile fades. I hate the fact that I'm the reason why her smile faded just now.

"Oppa." She says looking at Baekhyun.

"I have a lot of things to ask you but I have a question that really needs an answer right now. Who are you?" He says asking the guy next to Kana.

"I'm Yoohan. I'm guessing that you thought I'm my brother. Luhan's my twin."

"That explains it. I don't know he has a twin." Baekhyun replied and shifted his look to Kana. "My second question, where have you been last night? You haven't answered my calls. I've been worried sick."

"I was at Yoohan's. My phone died."

"Since when did you know Yoohan?"

"Last night. I met him at Luhan's grave. He went there." So she went there. When I got there she must've left.

"You trusted a complete stranger?"

"He's Luhan's twin oppa."

"Stop." I cut her and she looks at me. "We have to talk." I say and took her hand with mine. I stopped and she's looking at me. She's crying. "Damn it."

"If you're going to talk about Ana let's stop. I don't want to know about it. I don't like her and-"

I cut her off and kissed her. This is crazy. She doesn't have any clue about Ana and she's talking ill of her. Of all people, I don't want Kana talking ill of Ana the most. She pushes me back and slaps me.

"Stop! Don't touch me! You just used me to forget about her!"

"I didn't! Damn it Kana, I am not using you to forget about her!"

"You called her name! You thought she was me!"

"Damn it! Stop Kana!"

"I hate you!" She hates me. Well that hurt, at the same time, I deserve it. I've been wanting her to hate me all this time but what happened was the opposite. She loved me. "I hate you so much that it hurts! I love you Chanyeol but I'm feeling confused right now! I don't want to hate you but I think that's what I am feeling right now!"

"Ka-" she disappeared.

It's happening. It's happening so fast.

She's leaving me.

No.

She left me.

I lost Kana.

- - - - - - - - - - 

KANA

"You okay?" My brother asked. I don't know if I am. This is weird. I know Chanyeol and I fought, but even though, he didn't contact me. He's being too silent and it makes me feel anxious.

"I think I went overboard earlier.. I might have hurt him."

"You can't blame yourself Kana. You're feelings are in a mess right now and you need to sort them out. You just need time for it." I nod. I agree with him but I'm still worried. Baekhyun's phone rang and he excused himself so I nod. I continued reading my book but somehow, the letters are floating inside my head. I can't process anything right now. "Kana, I have to go for now. They needed me in the office. I'll call you later so wait for me before going home okay?"

"Okay." I smiled and watch him leave. I'm alone. I feel like I'm sinking slowly in the ground. I stared at my phone. Should I call him and apologize? Chanyeol must've been hurt. I was about to call him when I saw that it's almost time for my class. I took the elevator and walked over to our room.

"Unnie!" Meilee greeted as she approach me. I smiled and waved at her. "Hmm? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Why?"

"You don't look good unnie."

So now I don't look good. How do I look like that she asked me if I'm fine? I sigh and placed my book in my desk, opening it. "It's nothing."

"It doesn't look like it." I hate Meilee's eyes whenever she's curious about something. She doesn't shift his look from me and continue to melt me with her stare. I sighed in defeat and faced her.

"Fine. It's Chanyeol and Ana."

"Wait. Did you say Ana?"

"Yeah, do you know her? Wait, you must've known her. She's Soah's mother."

"How do you know about that name? I mean did he told you or something?"

"He muttered it. While he's sleeping."

"Oh my god. Did he really?!" She asked in surprise. "So that's why you're both distant right now?"

"That's one. The other is that, he saw me with Luhan's twin."

"You saw Yoohan oppa?! Oh my god he's here?! How and since when?"

This girl, she knows everything. I think I can just open her for more information like a book. She's so easy to read. "Meilee, you know everything and I think you're the right person I have to ask about the things that I wanted to know."

"No, I..I don't know anything!" I looked at her suspiciously because her actions are definitely the opposite. I think she really os the right person that will help me about everything. "Alright, as much as I wanted to help you unnie, I think I can't. I promised them that I would help you remember. Not to tell you everything in one sweep. We all want you to remember unnie, naturally."

I felt guilt struck on me. I should've forced her to help me. "Alright, but I will just ask one thing. Chanyeol and Ana, how long have they been since they knew each other?"

She looks up pondering and I hope her answer won't hurt me too much. "I think since they were ten? Yeah, I think that's it."

Woah, that was unexpected. I felt like that girl Ana just stomped on my heart making me feel distant from Chanyeol. This is crazy. How can I replace a girl that Chanyeol have known for almost twelve years and the girl that he loved so much? The door opens and our professor enters. I hope I can participate fully in this class today.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I reached home and saw Soah coming from the kitchen with a bag on her back. I smiled and greeted her back after she did it to me. "Hey little girl, going somewhere?"

"Mm! Uncle Baekhyun and I are back after finding my school! Soah's going to school next week!"

"Really? That's great!" I carried her and kissed her cheek. "Wow, is our princess excited?"

"She is. She ran all over the place when we got there earlier." I placed Soah down hearing my brother enter the living room.

"I thought you have something to do today?"

"I do. But Chanyeol called me and asked if I can do it."

"Why? Where is he?"

"That's a first. You don't know where he is." I looked at him and crossed my arms on my chest. "Oh right you both are on the LQ level."

"L what?"

"Lovers Quarrel." I scoffed.

"You know that's not how it is. It's that girl that keeps on stopping me from getting close to him! He still loves her!"

He stops moving and puts the stove on halt. He place the spatula on his hand down and looked at me, facing me. He leans on the counter and concentrates on me. "That girl? What do you mean that girl? I've been with him for 12 years and I don't know about it."

"That's impossible! You are obviously covering for him! You know he likes Ana!"

He scoffs and walks closer to me. "Is that what this is all about? About the girl named Ana?"

"Don't make me repeat her name. I hate them both. I hate Chanyeol for pushing me this far in being with him when he just uses me as a substitute for that girl."

"Don't talk to both of them like that!"

I bit my lower lip. Now they are all against me. "I thought you're the only one I have left. But it turns out you're with them too." I ran pass through him. I need some air. I think this house is going to engulf me if I stay any longer. I open he door and froze. Chanyeol's here. I ignored him and pass through the gate.

"Kana!" I heard Chanyeol call but I didn't stop. I think my tears are clogging my sight. I can't see straight anymore. Just in the moment after I wiped my eyes, a car is passing towards me. "SH*T. KANA MOVE!"

Chanyeol managed to grab me. I opened my eyes and I find myself at the other side of the road. I sit up and saw him. Chanyeol, he's in the middle of the street, with blood all over him. My head is starting to ache at the sight and I'm starting to see things. I think I just saw Luhan just now.

- - - - - - - - - - 

3 years ago…

"We have to hurry up. They're going to catch us." Baekhyun says as he carry Soah on his arms.

"We have to separate. Kana and I will go together and you three go together. Let's just mee there." Luhan says.

"I can't leave h-" Kana says as she cry but Luhan cuts her off. He smiles and pulled her closer.

"We'll be all alright. Don't worry about it." He whispered to her kissing the side of her head. He takes her hand and let Kana enter the car. "We'll meet you all there."

"Okay." Baekhyun says. Chanyeol looks at Luhan in worry and Luhan smiled.

"I'll be fine. Her too. I won't let anything happen to her. She's important as she is to you." Luhan says and pats Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Promise me."

"That's girl talk but alright I promise." Chanyeol smiled and walk over to Kana.

"Hey." He says. Kana looks at him while crying in worry. "I'll take care of her don't worry."

"I can't do this Chanyeol, I'm too afraid."

Chanyeol scoots closer and kisses her forehead. "Shh. It will be okay. Everything will. You just have to believe. We're all afraid, but we're going to get through this."

Kana nods. Chanyeol smiles and wiped her tears. "Be careful."

"I will." She replied and looked back to where Soah is. "Please take care of her."

"I will, I'll take care of your daughter."

Chanyeol steps back and headed to the other care taking Soah from Baekhyun. Luhan enters the car and started driving. He notices Kana shaking and he takes her hand. "This will be over Kana. Just a little bit more okay?" He said and kisses her hand. Kana nods and wipes her tears. Two cars are following them from behind and Luhan stepped on to the gas for acceleration. "Hold on baby, just a little bit more. We'll meet Soah soon. We're going to get our daughter back."

Just then, a car over takes them. Luhan stepped on to the break, but it was too late. The car crashes to the car in front of them making them fall from the cliff.


Sorry for reposting this! I noticed that there's a part missing in this chapter :(( Hope you guys will re-read it again :))

- Cheonsabyul