Chapter 20

Bokeh

Chapter 20: Hi's and Hello's


KANA

I am trying to recollect what happened an hour ago. It happened so fast. I'm with Chanyeol. He despised me for as long as I can remember and now I'm with him.

"We're here."

"Yeah. Thanks for dropping me here." I say and grabbed my bag but he grabs me back.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"W..What?" He chuckles and let me go.

"I'm going to see you tomorrow." He says and smiles. I don't know what to say so I just smiled back. I cleared my throat and got off his car. I entered the hospital and walked inside the elevator. I pressed four and waited.

What am I doing now really? Things happened very fast. Is it really fine for me to do that? Whenever I'm with Chanyeol I lose control and at the same time I'm afraid of what will happen.

"Not gonna step out of there?"

"Oh, I didn't notice." I replied and walked towards Yoohan. He grabs the bag from me and stares. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think.."

"You're weird. Let's go." He grabs my hand and we walk towards Soah's room.

"Mommy!" She greeted and I smiled. I sat beside her and she scoots inviting me to lie next to her and I did.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"My head hurts a bit." I smiled and nod.

"It will be gone tomorrow."

"When can I go home?"

"I don't know yet honey. I'll know by tomorrow. We have to do tests on you before you can go home."

"Will it hurt?" She frowns and I hug her.

"It won't."

"Soah, want to eat something?" Yoohan asks.

"Mm!"

"What do you want to eat?" He smiles and scoots beside us.

"Chicken. Soah wants Chicken uncle!"

"Then chicken it is. I'll be back okay?"

 

YOO HAN

I left the room because I need an excuse to be away from Kana. She's with Chanyeol the whole night. I want to ask her why but I can't make myself to do so. Hearing it will hurt. Surely it will. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Baekhyun.

"Hey." He answered.

"Yeah, can you talk right now?"

"Yep. Just finished doing my business for the whole day. What's up?"

"Yeah uh, I'm just gonna do it on phone."

"Sure go ahead."

"I saw Kana. She's with Chanyeol. I think she spent the night with him." 

"Wait wait wait. I don't think I can talk over this from the phone. I'm going there."

I can hear him stand from the other line. "Okay. Baek!"

"Yeah what?"

"Grab some chicken for me. That's to go."

"What do you need it for? And a chicken?"

"Just do it. I'll see you in a few."

- - - - - - - - - - 

CHANYEOL

I stare at the pillow where Kana lay earlier and grinned. I grabbed the pillow and buried my face in it. I know this is strange but her scent still remains. I heard my phone ring so I reached over my nightstand and answered it.

"Hey." Baekhyun.

"Oh hey."

"Can you talk right now or would another day be best for you?"

I sit up. I know what this is about. "No, I can do it right now."

"Alright. I'll come over. Be there in a few." I hang up and sighed. I shut my eyes close and pressed my palm to my face. This should be the best. After a while, the doorbell rings. I walked to my front door and opened it.

"Hey." I greeted. He walks in without replying and sat on my couch. I walked over to my kitchen and grabbed something to drink for him. "Would lemon tea be fine?"

"Soju would do." I returned the tea from the container and grabbed two glasses and one bottle- no I made it two. I walked back to the couch and placed the glasses and soju on the center table.

"What's up?"

He leans on the couch and looks straight at me. "Are you seriously asking me right now?"

He's furious. He knows about last night. "I know that Kana was here last night. How did I know? That's not ing important right now. I don't want you in her life Chanyeol. That's the best for you both."

"Are sure that's what's best for us? We need each other."

"Nobody know what's best for who." I stood up surprised. Why is she here? She's in her doctor's gown and rubber slippers. She ran all the way here.

"You, what are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked surprised.

"Don't worry oppa. There's nothing going on between us."

"What? Kana, what are you-"

She smiled and shakes her head. She's asking me to understand but I can't. I don't understand what she's saying. There's a lot going on between us. How can she say that there's nothing to see?

"Is that right?" Baekhyun says and looks back to me. His eyes are saying that it was a relief. I know he's my best friend but Kana's more important to him. Simply because she's his sister. "Then you should stop." He said to me. He walks to Kana and grabs her hand. "Come on, let's get you back."

She's leaving. They're leaving. I'm being left out again. She's being taken away from me again. I ran on my feet and chased after her. "Kana, I'm not letting you go again." Baekhyun tries to stop me but Kana asks him to give us some time.  Baekhyun walks ahead and agreed going back to his car.

"I'm sorry." She starts to cry. Is that the only thing that I can do for her? To make her cry? "I thought we can do this but we can't. It's best if we stop this for now. You can meet Soah and I'll bring her to you whenever you miss her-"

"NO! I DON'T NEED YOU TO BRING HER TO ME! I NEED YOU BOTH! WHAT THE IN THAT SENTENCE DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!!"

"I'm sorry.." she sobs as she hold my cheek. "I really am... this time I'm really leaving you. I can't tell you the reason but this is for our own good."

 

KANA

I look at him and he's crying. Why is it that whenever I am starting to be happy, things just don't last? Is being happy only once in a lifetime? Can't I be just  forever happy? I walk closer to him and reached for his lips until it meets mine. I wrapped my arms on his neck and kissed him. He holds me back and kissed me too. I stepped back but he doesn't let go. His eyes are still closed as I look at him.

"No.. please.." he whispered begging. "Kana I beg you, don't leave me again.. I love you so much."

"I'm sorry." I whispered back and turned.

"Take one step." He says. "Take one more step and I'll let you go. I'll never see you again. Even if we cross paths I'll pretend that we never did."

I sob even harder. Don't look back. Just keep walking. It was all meant to be this way. I have to protect Soah. It's the only way I can do to be with her. I lift my right foot up and continued walking. I leave.

- - - - - - - - - - 

"Mommy, are you really gonna marry?" Soah asks. "Will Uncle Yoo Han be my daddy?"

I smile and caressed her hair. I finished putting her uniform on and kissed her. Yoo Han enters the room and smiled at her. "Do you not want it?" He asks. Soah shakes her head and ran to him.

"No. But mommy's answer is still important."

"Of course." Yoo Han carries her and looks at me. I nod and he smiles. He walks towards me and kisses my forehead. "Let's go to school then."

I stare at the window as the car moves. Soah sings her favorite song and Yoo Han sang along. I smile looking at them. It's like Lu Han's really here, except Yoo Han's not Lu Han. I have to marry him to keep my father's business safe and also, to keep Soah next to me.

2 hours ago…

I followed the waitress as she guides the way to where Lu Han's parents are. Anxiety covers my entire body. I don't know the reason why they asked to meet me now. I've seen them last when Yoo Han and I graduated from med school but that was just a simple Hi-Hello. The waitress stopped and opens the door for me. The light inside the room struck me as I go in and I see them. I greeted them hello and they offered me a seat.

"It's been a long time since we last saw you. You've gone prettier." His mom greeted.

"Ah thank you..."

"How's the hospital? I've heard you've been doing a great job with our Yoo Han." His father says.

"Everything's fine. Pretty much just the same routine every day. Yoo Han's being good to me too."

"I see." His father replied. The door slammed open and Yoo Han came in. We're all looking at him with confusion as to why he's here, well I guess he's not invited. He walks to me and grabs my hand.

"Let's go."

"But-"

"We're planning on marrying Yoo Han with you Kana."

"You're what?" I looked to him then to Yoo Han. Am I hearing things right?

"I told you already I'm not doing it Dad!"

"It seems that your father's business is in need of help. Marrying Yoo Han will be of help because it includes tying our families together."

"I'm sorry but I don't look at marriage that way." I replied and picked my bag from my seat.

"Even if it includes your daughter?" I stopped on my tracks and look back at the old man.

"Soah has nothing to do with this-"

"She's Lu Han's daughter. Don't forget that Lu Han's still my son."

I scoffed. This old man is really pissing me off. "You pushed him away and now you're claiming that you're his father? I don't think you have a right to claim that."

"And you have a right? When you're the reason why he's not breathing anymore? Remember Kana, I can take Soah when I say that you killed my son."

"Dad!" Yoo Han exclaimed. He grabs my hand and we made our exit. He opens his car for me and closes the door before going in the driver's seat. "You okay?"

"Will he really take Soah away from me?"

"Kana-"

"If I don't marry you, will he take her away?"

"Kana, I won't force you to do that. I'll take care of it so don't worry-"

"NO!" My hand started to shake. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of Soah being taken away from me. She's the only one that Lu Han left for me. I can't afford to lose her. "I'll do it. I'll.. marry you."