Chapter 5

Bokeh

Chapter 5: Together


The bell rang and now it’s time for me to go home. But instead of going home, I decided to go and see Chanyeol. I entered their org. room but he’s not there though I happen to see Chen. He noticed me and placed the photos that he’s holding and approaches me.

“Hey.” He says smiling.

“Hello.” I replied and smiled back.

“I know you’re looking for Chanyeol. He’s not here. He’s doing a job for the astronomy org. they’re making their poster and needed a photographer so we sent our best to them.”

I chuckled. “He’s your best?”

“Oh Kana, don’t underestimate his skills. They’re superb.” I smiled.

“I know that.”

Chen smiles. “Well, if you want catch up to him, better get there. I heard that they’re going somewhere where the stars can be seen. Don’t know where though, those astronomy people are good in finding places.”

I laughed. “Alright. Thanks Chen!”

I head out and searched for Chanyeol. I didn’t texted him because I want to surprise him. I trust my luck and now I found Chanyeol at the field with his camera. He looks so serious with it. I smile and watched him. He looks so cool right now. I took a picture of him with my phone and he heard the shutter of my phone and looked back. He smiles noticing me and I waved at him. He stands up and walk to me.

“I heard an image of me have been stolen just now.” He says.

I laugh and placed my phone back on my pocket. “You looked nice just now so I took it.”

He smiles and hugs me. I felt him rest his chin on my head. “Please tell me you’re not going home yet.” I didn’t reply and he looks at me frowning. “You are going home.”

“Sorry.”

“Are you doing something? Want to come with me? Hyung just placed me in a troublesome situation.”

I smiled. “I can tell. I’m not doing anything but I am planning to play with Soah if I get home.”

“Can you go with me just this once? I want us to eat out afterwards.”

I smiled again. I like it that he is being persistent just to be with me. “Alright. But you have to treat me to dinner.”

“Anything just to make my girlfriend go with me.” He smiles and holds my hand.

“Whoa, GUYS, CHANYEOL HYUNG JUST GOT HIMSELF A GIRLFRIEND.” A guy says. He approached me and pointed at me. “AND SHE’S A PRETTY GIRL!!”

“Shut up Kai. Can we guys get this over with?” Chanyeol says. Guys started to come and looked at me. Is it that weird that Chanyeol have me for his girlfriend? “Stop staring at her for goodness sake!”

“Um.. hello.” I greeted them because I think I have to do it. Their gazes are making me uncomfortable.

“What’s your name? What’s your age? Are you really sure that you wanted Chanyeol as your boyfriend because I would definitely be a perfect match for you.”

“Hyung!” Chanyeol exclaimed pulling me behind him. “Can you all stop? I am here to finish what you wanted and I don’t remember getting my girlfriend involved in this.”

You asked me to be here Chanyeol, which is making me involved in your situation right now. “It’s okay Chanyeol. I’ll just introduce myself and get this over with.” I whispered. “I’m Byun Kana and I’m 22 years old.”

“Wait, did you just say Byun? YOU’RE BYUN BAEKHYUN’S SISTER?!”

“Um, yes.”

“Whoaaa.” they all said in unison. I don’t get what’s wrong with my brother either. “You’re pretty to be Baekhyun hyung’s sister. I guess there’s what we call luck in genes.” I laughed.

“I’m Jin by the way.” He offered a handshake and I took it.

“Nice to meet you.” I replied and introductions started. After the introductions, we all headed to a place and it’s a nice place. It’s quiet to be exact. We waited until six thirty and the stars appeared. I watched Chanyeol as he do his work and he looks like a professional in taking a picture of the night sky. I smiled as I watch him.

“He’s a hardworker isn’t he?” Eunhyuk sunbae, the astronomy organization’s president, sat beside me and says.

“Yeah, he looks good at it.”

“You know, I think he’s lucky to have you. He’s been liking you for as long as I can remember and I am happy that you both finally got together. He has a lot of your photos on his camera.”

“He does?”

“Yeah, sneak at them if you have time.” He whispered. “Heard you have amnesia? You don’t remember anything prior to the accident?”

“Unfortunately yeah. I still can’t remember anything-“ I remembered about Luhan all of a sudden. Does sunbae know about him? “Except for one thing. Do you perhaps know a person named Luhan? I have dreamt of him once.”

Sunbae’s expression changes and he looks back at Chanyeol. “He didn’t tell you anything about Luhan didn’t he?”

“So you know about him?” I said.

“Yeah, Luhan’s at the same organization as Chanyeol and I think he came from China, an exchange student. He had a hard time in coping with Koreans at first. He takes pictures like him and Baekhyun. Those three have been best of friends if I am right. Luhan’s a good guy.”

“D..Do I know him?” I hesitate to ask but I really am curious to know about Luhan, though Chanyeol asked me not to ask about Luhan. There’s something about him that just makes me want to know more.

“About that, I think it’s better if answers came from Chanyeol. I don’t think I am in the position to tell you that.”

“Kana, I’m done.” Chanyeol approached.

“Guess, you both have to go ahead.” Eunhyuk sunbae stands and pats Chanyeol’s shoulder. “I’ll handle them so go with your girlfriend and escape.”

Chanyeol laughs. “Okay. Thanks hyung.” He replied and looks at me. I stared at him. I wonder why Chanyeol is holding back in telling me about Luhan. “Kana? You alright?”

I walked closer to him and hugged him. No matter what his reason is for keeping it to me, I’m sure it’s for my own good so I’m just going to trust him. “Nothing. You’re great back there.”

He smiles. “I’m happy hearing that from you.” I smiled back. He holds my hands and leads me as we walk. “Let’s go.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

“Let’s eat.” He says and I watch him eat. I smile as I watch being with him makes me happy. “Hey, is something wrong? You’ve been acting strange since we got here. Are you feeling okay?”

So he noticed. “No, it’s not that. I just..” I bit my lower lip. Should I ask him?

“What is it?”

“I don’t know if I can tell you this.”

“Kana, I want you to tell me everything.”

“Okay. It’s about Luhan. I know you don’t want me to ask but I just want to know if I know him personally or not. That’s all that I wanted to ask.”

“Do you remember him?”

“Why do you look like that whenever I talk and ask about Luhan?”

“I’m afraid. I don’t want you to leave me.”

“Why would I leave you because of Luhan?”

“Because you love him more than you love me right now!”

I froze. So I loved Luhan. But how can he say that? As much as I don’t remember anything, I know I love Chanyeol more than Luhan right now. I don’t even know Luhan. “Do you really think that?”

His fingers rushed through his hair as he sighed heavily. “Kana, I don’t want to argue right now.”

“I’m asking you if that’s how you felt.” I said feeling my tears flow heavily on my cheeks.

“Don’t cry please..” he says holding my hand but I took it back feeling frustrated. He doubted me for loving him more than any guy. I stood up and left him inside and sank on the ground crying. I hate it that he doubted me and it hurts so bad. “Kana!” He caught up and sits in front of me. “Oh god Kana please don’t do this. I’m sorry. I don’t want you crying okay?”

“You feel like I loved that guy? For goodness sake Chanyeol, I don’t even remember who I am! Do you think I remember how much I have loved that person? I love you more than him and that’s what I know. I know there’s a reason why you don’t tell who that person is to me and I trusted you for that. I don’t think that you trust me though.”

He groans in frustration and holds my hand. “I’m sorry. I just… I’m just afraid of losing you right now. You might not remember him but I know how much you have loved him and that scares me. Seeing that old you who loves him so much gives me the thought of you leaving me. I love you Kana, as much as you can remember.” He’s crying. We’re both crying at the side of the road. I reached out to him and wiped his tears.

“I’m sorry too. But I love you now isn’t that what matters?” He pulls me closer and kisses my forehead.

“Mm.” he uttered and hugs me tighter. “I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too.” I replied.

- - - - - - - - - - 

I went downstairs to get myself a glass of milk and saw Chanyeol’s things at the table. I walked closer and looked. “He must be editing.” I said and sat on the chair.

He has a lot of your photos in his camera.

I remembered what Eunhyuk sunbae said earlier. I grabbed his camera and opened it. I smiled seeing the photos of the stars earlier. He’s really good. I continued scanning and saw pictures of me, there’s a lot. “Oh my goodness, he’s serious when he said that..” I mumbled. I continued scanning and saw pictures of, lights? But in blur though.

“Kana?” I jump in surprise and his camera slipped on my hands.

“Oh my!” Chanyeol managed to caught it and I sighed in relief. “I’m sorry. I thought I ruined it. I’m really sorry!”

He laughs and looks at me suspiciously. “Why are you going through my things?”

“Um, that…”

“Eunhyuk hyung told you to look at it didn’t he?”

“You knew?”

“He told me that she’ll tell my future girlfriend that I have a lot of photos of you to make her breakup with me. Fortunately, the girl who’s in my photos is my girlfriend.” He said and sat on the chair running through his laptop. I flushed in embarrassment. I can’t believe I almost ruined his camera. “You saw this too?”

“What?” I moved closer and saw the picture of the lights. “Oh that. Yeah, it’s really pretty.”

He smiles and looks at them. “You loved them. Bokeh.”

I looked at him. “You took them for me?”

“Mm. I wanted to give it to you but unfortunately, the accident happened.”

“Did you took a lot?”

“I took one every day.” He replied as he was very engrossed looking at the photos. I smiled and I suddenly felt guilt through me for what I did earlier. Everything that he’s doing is for me. The pictures of me in his camera, the Bokeh, everything. “What?”

I smiled. “Nothing. It’s just everything is about me. I’m grateful for that.”

He reaches out his hand until it made its way to my cheek. “I’m always grateful for having you in my life Kana.” He smiles and leans over to me. “I can kiss my girlfriend can I?”

I chuckle and nod. He leans closer until his lips met with mine. He pulls me closer and I can feel his heartbeat as he kisses me. He pulls back and smiles. “I love you so much.”

“Me too.”

“Stay like that.”

“Like what?” he fuzzes over his things and reached out for his phone. He starts taking a picture of me and I laughed at his cuteness. “Haven’t you have enough photos of me?”

He stops and sets his phone down. “I won’t ever get enough of you.”


5th chapter is outtt~ thanks for the subscribers ^^ I hope you guys will like this story :D Will try to update soon~