Chapter 9

Bokeh

Chapter 9: Fresh New Start?


KANA

I stare at the ceiling. I can smell the familiar scent. I'm in the hospital. It's the similar feeling I have felt eight months ago and now I'm here again. I look around and saw my brother and a woman sitting beside my bed. I don't recognize this woman. My brother opens his eyes, surprised to see me awake.

"Kana!" His voice made the woman open her eyes and she looks at me in shock too.

"Honey! Oh my, you're awake! Thank goodness!" That's when I realized what happened. Chanyeol, he got struck by a car. There's blood all over. And, I remember what happened three years ago.


"Chanyeol, where is he?" I asked. Baekhyun's face grew even bitterer. I don't like it. I lost Luhan already. Please don't tell me that I lost him too. "OPPA TELL ME WHERE IS HE?!"

"Shh. Calm down, he's stable for now."

"S..Sta- What? Stable?" It's hard to breathe. It feels like my heart is being constricted. "T..Tell me and take me to where he is. Please.."

"Kana, you're told to rest. Your right arm was slightly injured. You have to rest-"

"I CAN'T REST! How can I rest when the situation is like this?! I LOST LUHAN AND I CAN'T LOSE CHANYEOL TOO! He saved my daughter how can I rest like this?!"

"Kana, you-" Baekhyun was shocked. Yes, I remember her. "How much do you remember?"

"The day of the accident." I replied.

"Then do you remember her?" He asked pointing at the woman and I shake my head. "She's our mother."

"Mom?" I looked at her and she nods crying. "But I thought they're not here."

"I'm sorry for keeping it from you honey, but it's the only way to make you and Soah safe."

"Keep us safe? What- wait I don't understand.."

"You will sooner. I think it will just only take you a matter of time before retrieving your memories back." She says and kisses my forehead.

"Please take me to him. I want to see Chanyeol.." Baekhyun sighs in defeat and helped me got off from bed. We headed to the door in front of me. He opens it and I find Chanyeol in the bed. He's lying there with oxygen on his mouth and bandages all over him. I gasp seeing him. "Oh god.."

"He lost a lot of blood at the accident but he's fine now. We just have to wait for him to wake up." Baekhyun says. I walk closer to Chanyeol and held his hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Chanyeol. Please wake up.. If you want to go back to her just go ahead. But just please wake up.." I felt a hand on my shoulder and I saw my brother smiling at me.

"He'll be okay. And there's somebody else that you have to see right now right?"

"I have?"

"Your daughter."

I was told to go back to my room to rest while brother gets Soah. I'm scared as to how Soah will take all of these. I know she wanted to meet her mother but if it will be me, will she be okay?

"Everything will be okay Kana." Mom says and holds on my hand. "I've been fetching Soah ever since she started going to school and she told me that she really wanted to see her mother. I'm sure it will hard for her at first, but she'll accept sooner or later that you are her mother."

"Will it be fine?"

"It will be dear." I smiled and hugged her. I've wanted to feel this for a long time now. A mother's hug.

The door opens and my brother together with Soah went in. She looks surprised. I'm guessing my brother already told her where they will be going. "I thought we're going to see Mommy."

"We are So. There's mommy."

"But unnie is here." She says and looks at Granny. "Granny?"

Mom smiled and nods. "Kana unnie is your Mommy dear."

"Soah come here." Soah did as she was told and Baekhyun helped her climb the bed to get to me. "Mommy is so sorry Soah. I'm really am. I forgot everything. I was sick that's why. I just remembered everything Soah. I'm so sorry."

"Unnie don't cry." I can feel her small hand wipe my tears. I grab it and kissed it. "Soah is fine with Kana Unnie being her mommy."

"Soah.."

"Soah's happy. I saw Mommy now. I love you Mommy." She hugs me and looks at me.

"Soah... Mommy loves you too." I hugged her back and kissed her for many times. "Mommy loves you very much." I hold her tight as I cry. Now I felt it, how a mother feels giving her child a mother's hug.

- - - - - - - - - - 

Two weeks later

"Soah come on, time to get up honey!" I shouted from her bathroom as I ready Soah's bubble bath. "Byun Soah!"

I sighed and walk back to her bed. I chuckled. She's sitting while sleeping. "Honey, what are you doing?"

"Mommy, I'm still sleepy.."

I smile and do what I've been doing to wake her up. I grab her cheeks and blew on her eyes. "Magic wind, wake Soah up. Open her eyes," she smiles and recognized what I've been doing. She slowly opens her eyes. "Stretch her muscles up!" She chuckles and stretched her hands. "And make her stand up!" She stands and laughs.

"Poof! Soah's awaken!" She says and I carried her. I kissed her and we walked to the bathroom.

"Hands up!" I say and removed her clothes and then her underwear. I carried her to the tub and started washing her. "Mommy, rubby!!"

"Oh right! Wait here. Wash your arms okay?" I walked back to her room and saw my brother smiling. "Oppa."

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just forgot her rubber duckie. Oh there it is." I say then grabbed the duck from her desk.

"Kana." Baekhyun called before I got back.

"Yeah?"

"You're a great mom." I smiled and went back to Soah.

"Mommy!! Look I made a bubble!"

"Wow! That's great Soah. Here's rubby." I gave it to her and she started playing while I wash her hair. After taking a bath, we went back to her room to get dressed.

"Come on Soah, let's put on your princess skirt." My brother says as he dress her up. He's been helping me every morning as Soah prepares for school.

"Uncle, are we going to visit Uncle Chanyeol again later?" I froze. It's been two weeks since Chanyeol have been admitted and was not able to be discharged. He is undergoing his rehab because he have hurt his left leg and I haven't visited him since. I feel guilty whenever I see him. I'm the reason why he is hurt and I can't let him see me.

"Yeah." Baekhyun replied and looked at me. "Still not going?"

"I can't. I..I'm busy with my presentation tomorrow so.."

"Okay." He replied but my brother knows that I've been making reasons all these while. He knows that I can't make myself look at Chanyeol.

"Let's go Soah? You have to eat your breakfast then go."

- - - - - - - - - - 

CHANYEOL

"Uncle!!"

"Hello little girl!" I smiled and welcomed Soah. I honestly am hoping another person to go in after Baekhyun but nothing. Kana didn't go today either.

"Sorry. I know you're expecting her but she didn't go with us today too."

"She doesn't want to see me huh?"

"Mommy said she's busy Uncle."

I looked at Soah then to Baekhyun. Did Soah just call Kana 'Mommy'?

"Oh yeah, I haven't told you. Kana remembered already. She knows that Soah is her daughter."

"How about the day before the accident?"

"Don't worry. She haven't remembered that much yet."

"Is that so?" I replied smiling at Soah. I'm glad that Kana have remembered her already. She must've been so happy. "I'm glad you met your Mom Soah."

She chuckled. "Mm! Mommy and I went to Daddy the other day too!"

"So you saw him already?"

"Yeah! Daddy has a twin too! He looks like Daddy."

"You met him too?"

"Mm! Uncle Yoohan was very nice! He took mommy and I home last night when we ate ice cream and chicken!"

"I see. That's good for you Soah."

I'm honestly now feeling good about this. Did she forgot that I'm still alive? Is she happy with Yoohan now?

"But Mommy misses you Uncle. I heard her crying last night. Mommy was looking at you on her phone."

I smiled. Soah really knows how to make me feel better. "Well she won't miss me any longer."

"What do you mean?" I removed the blanket off me and get off from my bed. "Sh*t. You can walk now dude!" Baekhyun exclaimed in joy and I chuckled.

"Yeah, I've been good. The doctor says I can be released tonight."

"Whoa!! That's good! I'll tell Kana-"

"No. Don't tell her. I want to surprise her so don't tell her."

 - - - - - - - - - -

KANA

I'm on the train on my way home when my phone rang. I open my bag and saw my brother calling. "Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm on the train. Why?"

"Oh, call me when your near."

"Why?"
"Just call me. I'm hanging up!"

I looked at my phone weirdly. That's odd of him to ask where I am. He just waits for me every night but not ask me to call if I'm near. I ignored him and got off when my stop was called. I tapped my card and saw three men standing in front of me in their suits. I step on the side but they followed me.

"Is there something that you need from me?"
"I'm sorry young Miss but we are just told to do this."
"What? Urmff!" They covered me with a handkerchief and before I knew it, I passed out.

 - - - - - - - - - -

CHANYEOL

Baekhyun’s phone rang. I smiled in excitement. Kana must be near. I stand up and sat on the seat next to him and look at him anticipating that Kana is here.

“Hello?” he says. I am expecting him to smile but he doesn’t. Instead, his eyes widened at my direction. “No. Don’t you do anything to her! Hello? Hello!!” He stands and pressed his hands on his face. I am half worried and half confused on what causes his action.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Sh*t. Chanyeol, Dad’s got her.”

My eyes widen. He got her again. The man who is the reason why Kana and Luhan got into the accident.