Chapter 11

Bokeh

Chapter 11: The Past (Part II)


            LU HAN

I zip my backpack close and headed to Chanyeol’s house. We are going to do a group project at his place and I am going to help him because I think it’s too much for one person to handle all of the planning.

“Mei, I’ll be going!”

“Mm! See you later oppa!” Meilee says and closed the door for me.

Meilee is a dear cousin of mine. She’s also like a little sister to me. I grew fond of her since I’m apart from my twin. I’ve been staying here because our family can’t keep us both. They chose my brother to keep instead of us both. My mother sent me here because she can’t hide me from the public forever since our family is of well-known. You can say that I miss my brother. We grew up together. Only, I do home school and he goes to a private school back in China.

I rode the train all the way to where Chanyeol lives and walked up to his house. I pressed the doorbell and Baekhyun opened the door for me.

“Hyung!” he greeted and I smiled. “Come in!” I laughed.

“I thought this is Chanyeol’s house-”

“Hey Channn, I thought you’re going to cook?”

“I will do it later Ana.”

“But I’m hungry…”

Kana’s here. And she’s close with Chanyeol. She’s sitting close to him with her legs on his lap as he work. I know I don’t have a right to feel like this but I can’t help to be like this. She met eyes with me and stands.

“L..Lu Han!”

“Hi.” I tried to fake a smile despite of what I am feeling. I hope it’s not too obvious.

“Hyung, you’re here?” Chanyeol says placing his laptop away. “Now I am cooking. You stay here and entertain my guest.” He said to you Kana.

“So you’re cooking now that he’s here? Why did you not when I asked you?”

“Because you are not a guest.”

“Park Chanyeol!” Chanyeol chuckles and walks towards the kitchen. Kana looks at me uneasy and I smiled.

“I didn’t know you’re here too.” I say sitting down. She looks surprised that I can now talk in Korean. Well, I learned it. Just for her.

“You can speak now!” She says surprised.

“Of course I can speak.” She laughs and sits in front of me. “So, do you always stay here?”

“You curious?” she grins and I shake my head. I like her playfulness.

“And what if I am? Care to satisfy my curiosity?” I looked back and I can say that she’s taken back with my unexpected response.

“She always stay here. Whenever she’s bored.” Baekhyun replied. “Well, I do too.”

“Satisfied?” Kana looks at me smiling.

“Yeah.” I replied. I was actually relieved that Baekhyun goes with her. Not that I don’t want her alone with Chanyeol. On second thought, I don’t want her alone with Chanyeol. They both have a vibe that they suit each other in other people’s eyes.

“What are you holding?” She scoots closer and takes a look at my photos. “WOAH! Chanyeol! He’s even better than you!”

“I’m quite offended.” Chanyeol replied as he cooks. “But I admit, he’s good.”

I laugh and look at Kana as she scans the Bokeh pictures that I took. “I love this kind of pictures. They’re nice.” She smiles as she scans through them. I like how she likes my work.

“We’ll be using it as a reference for our project. But you can have it afterwards if you want.”

“I really…can have it?”

“Yeah sure.” She smiles and showed it Chanyeol.

“Save these for me okay?”

“Suit yourself.”

- - - - - - - - - -

After we have done our project, Chanyeol told me to wait as he goes out to develop the photos that we edited together. I actually am offering that I can do it instead but he insisted in doing it. So while waiting, I started writing our report for the images. I think it took me thirty minutes to finish it. I started to feel thirsty so I headed downstairs and saw Chanyeol staring at Kana as she sleeps. He leans closer towards her and kisses her on her forehead.

“You like her too.” I blurted. He jumps in surprise and looks at me.

“Hyung…”

I smiled. “Figures. You both look so good together.”

“I don’t intend to tell her. I know it won’t do me any good.”

“What do you mean? You should tell her.”

“No. I know who it is that she likes.” He replied and smiled. He’s smiling bitterly. I wanted to ask more about it but I don’t think I don’t have a right to do so.

- - - - - - - - - - 

            KANA

Is it just me or Chanyeol’s avoiding me? Ever since the time Lu Han went to his house, he has been avoiding me. I don’t even know what his reason behind it is. He doesn’t eat lunch with me anymore and he doesn’t even visit us anymore.

“Chan-“ I was about to call him when I saw him hanging out with other people. I don’t like it. How can he push us that easily. We’ve been together for years and now he’s going to act like nothing happened? How can he-

“MISS! LOOK OUT!” I heard someone say. I don’t even know what I have to look out for. Then I saw it, something’s gonna fall over me.

“ANA!” Before I knew it, I am on the ground and Chanyeol is covering for me. I gasp in surprise.

“Chanyeol! Are you hurt anywhere?!”

He winces as he sits up. “I guess it just hurts a little here..” he said holding his back.

“Oh my god…” he chuckles and ruffles my hair.

“Just accompany me to the infirmary will you?” I nod and helped him. He received assistance from the nurse and we were told to wait. The nurse have called a cab and told us that we should head to the nearest hospital to have Chanyeol get an x-ray and so we did.

I waited anxiously. Hoping that nothing will happen to him. “Will you just keep on whimping around?” I stand up and saw him smiling. “I’m fine. Nothing happened.”

I hate him.

“Hey. Ana? What’s wrong?”

“I hate you! Why did you have to do that for me?! I thought you’re going to act like you don’t know me! You don’t visit us anymore and you don’t eat with me! You don’t answer my calls and even my messages! I hate you! How can you cut me off like that?! I thought we’re all going to be together forever! You left us! You left me Chanyeol! And now you’re going to act like a hero to me?!”

I gasped. He suddenly grabs me. I think his hugging me. “I’m sorry.” I hear him say. I can feel him bury his face to my hair. “I should’ve done that. I only did that because I was really feeling uncomfortable with you and Lu Han and I am feeling very uncomfortable with it.”

“Why is it?”

“Because I like you.”

Silence.

Silence..

And more silence…

“What? Wait… Why do you have to say that? I-“  I told him everything. I asked him for help for Lu Han. He knows that I like Lu Han. Everything must have been hard for him. I hurt him. I made him like this. “I..I’m sorry…”

He smiles and shakes his head. “Don’t be. I know how much you like Lu Han. You know what? Better off telling him.”

“Can I really do that?” he smiles and nods.

“It’s going to be unfair to me since I told you how I feel about you.”

“Okay. I’ll try.” I reply. He smiles and waves at me goodbye. “Chan!” he looks back after hearing is name. “Thank you. For telling me.”

- - - - - - - - - - 

"Kana!" Luhan is approaching. I should act normal right? I mean, I have to confess but I can't do it in an abrupt way.

"H..Hi." Did I sound too nervous? Why do I feel like I'm so easy to read? He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"You okay?"

"Huh? I..I guess."

"You sound, not so normal?"

"I'm sorry! It's just, everything is so fast I don't know how to act normally."

"What is happening so fast?" He stares at me. Oh no, I can't tell him Chanyeol just confessed to me. "Kana?"

I think I'm flushing. I admit when Chanyeol confessed earlier, I thought my heart was going to burst. "Did he confess? Chanyeol?"

I looked at him surprised. "You know?"

He smiles and leans on the post next to him. "I can tell. The way he looks at you? That's the way a guy looks at a girl whom he really likes." Is it that obvious? Why did I not notice it? I thought Chan only sees me as a sister because I only see him as a brother, well not now at least. "And that's also the way how I look at you."

Whoa, what? "What? I'm sorry I think I heard something wrong."

"Why? You think it's wrong for me to like you too?"

Oh my goodness. What is this? I'm supposed to be the one confessing not Lu Han. "Lu Han."

"I like you. Even before we met for the second time. At the train, I was really hoping for us to meet again. I tried to learn Korean as fast as I can so that, if by any chance I meet you again, I can show you that I can understand everything that coming from you. Every day I'm taking my chances. Hoping for the chances."

"Oh my god. You feel the same way..."

"Same way?" He chuckles. "Wait, you like me too?"

"Wait. That came out wrong. I'm supposed to tell you first that I like you right? Ugh, why do I keep on messing u-" Cloud nine. Lu Han is kissing me. In a split second I was the one planning to confess and now, Lu han likes me too and he is kissing me right now and I'm totally feeling like my heart will come out of my chest any time now.

"All this time I've been waiting for my chances, but it turns out I don't have to wait for it. It's my fate." I smile looking at him. "Thank you."

I chuckled. "For what?"

"For liking me too."


I made it! I was soooo close to not updating this week haha! Hope you guys will like this chapter and more surprises to come! Thank you for voting and subscribing to this story! It meant a lot to me ^^ Feel free to leave your comments okay?

- Cheonsabyul