Ice

Hate That I Love You

Kyesin

 

“Heung,” I groaned aloud, sitting on my desk. It’s supposed to be a good Wednesday morning but what happened yesterday was haunting me.

 

“Miss Park, everything alright?” your assistant came knocking in.

 

“Is it against company rules to drink alcohol during working hours?” I pouted.

 

She laughed. “Ne, Miss Park.”

“AH! This is driving me crazy!” I groaned.

 

“Why is my sweetheart so grumpy today?” Dean suddenly came in the door with a paper bag.

 

I sat up straight. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I brought in food,” he said with a big grin. He placed the paper bag on top if my desk and stood beside. “What’s wrong?” he asked, pinching my cheeks.

 

“Stress,” I pouted.

 

“Ah,” he nodded. “Here, I brought you food.” He took out cartons from the paper bag.

 

“Thank you,” I said.  “Don’t you have work?”

 

“Honey, it’s lunch break,” he smiled. “I knew you weren’t eating well so I came here.”

 

Dean has been coming once in a while. Ever since what he did after the New Year’s Eve party, we’ve grown closer each day. The truth is, I am trying to move on from Kyuhyun. Perhaps if I thought of someone else...if i spend my time caring about someone else, I’d forget about Kyuhyun. He clearly doesn’t care about me now… so why should I? But how do you stop caring for a man you’ve loved since you were fifteen?

 

I was trying really hard.

 

And Dean was a nice guy after all. And I’ve known him for years.

 

Dean handed me a bento box. We ate together, talking casually about anything we could think about. When I’m with him, the problems slowly fade away. I feel lighter. But it’s still not like before…

 

My assistant came knocking again. “Sorry to disturb, Miss Park, Mr. Smith,” she said. “Miss Park, the owner of MOM House called.”

 

I immediately pouted. “What does he want?” I grumbled.

 

“Uhm, he’s asking if you’re free today, 2pm. He needs to talk to you ASAP. He said he’s really busy and there’s no other time,” she explained.

 

I sighed. “Okay. Tell him I’ll go.”

 

She nodded and bowed, then went outside.

 

“New client?” Dean asked.

 

“Yes, quite bossy one,” I grumbled.

 

Dean stood up, fixing the empty cartons of food. “I’m sure he’ll soften up in time. Especially it’s you that’s handling it,” he smiled.

 

“I doubt it,” I pouted.

 

“What’s his business anyway? Pretty big corporate I assume,” he said. He knows how my firm works.

 

I shook my head. “He owns a hostel-slash-dormitory in Myeongdong.”

 

“He’s a small business owner?” he asked. “Then why are you handling it?”

 

“Apparently he’s got a lot of money and he doesn’t want anyone else to handle it but me,” I rolled my eyes. I took my bag and got up from my seat.

 

Dean took my hand, leading me out of the room. “Hmm.. probably a very influential person.”

 

“Yes he is,” I said.

 

We stepped on the elevator. “I know it’ll work out fine,” he said with a big grin as he brushed my hair. “You’re Park Kyesin. You do amazing things.”

 

I chuckled. As always, Dean was flirting with his words. “Thanks, Dean.”

 

“Do you want me to drop you off at the meeting place?” he asked.

 

I shook my head. “Your lunch break is over. Your boss might get mad,” I said.

 

He nodded, agreeing. “Alright,” he said as you both walked in the parking area. He stopped in front of your car. “Have fun. It’s snowing outside so drive carefully.”

 

I nodded. He was always this caring. “Okay. Take care, too.”

 

“I’ll call you later, ‘kay?” he said.

 

“Okay,” I smiled at him.

 

Dean leaned in and kissed my cheek. He’s been quite careful since New Year’s Eve. I knew he didn’t want to step off the line. “See you.”

 

“Bye,” I said, stepping into my car. I pulled out of the lot and drove off.

 

And I was back to my grumpy self. Why do I have to meet him? Why can’t he just email me or something? Why does it have to be like this?

 

My phone suddenly rang. I answered the call and put it in loudspeaker.

 

“Yep?” I said.

 

“Miss Park,” the person over the line said. It was my assistant. “Mister Cho called again.”

 

“What now?” I groaned.

 

“He said he will meet you not in MOM House but somewhere else. I will send you the address he gave out,” she said.

 

I breathed deeply. “Alright. Thanks. If he calls again, tell him that I’m on my way and I don’t like people bothering my workers, okay?”

 

She chuckled. “It’s fine Ma’am. We’re all just doing our job.”

 

“Well he’s one rude client,” I said.

 

“I will relay the message, Ma’am,” she said and hung up.

 

I pulled my car over to the side and checked my phone. My assistant sent in the address.

 

But isn’t this a residential building? I input the address in my GPS. What is Kyuhyun up to now?

 

I reached the address on time, despite the heavy city traffic. It was definitely a residential building. I sighed and took the elevator to the 11th floor. It was in room 1105.

 

I stood in front of the door, quite jittery. Accepting this job was a bad idea. But I can’t do anything now. I can’t show Kyuhyun how weak I am for him. So I took one deep breath and rang the doorbell.

 

“Yes?” someone said over the speaker.

 

“It’s me,” I said.

 

“Who is it?” He said back. It was definitely Kyuhyun. That honey voice was too precious for me to forget.

 

I took one deep breath and decided to be professional. “Mr. Cho, I’m your statistician for MOM House,” I said.

 

He opened the door with a straight and serious face. He was wearing a nice black suit and red tie. “Come in,” he said.

 

I chuckled. “What’s with the monkey suit?” I asked.

 

Kyuhyun furrowed his brows. “I am your employer,” he said firmly.

 

I pursed my lips. “Sorry,” I said.

 

He shut the door and rolled his eyes at me. “Please, take a seat,” he gestured over the coffee table.

 

I sat as he instructed and placed my bag on top of my lap. Kyuhyun went somewhere...the kitchen? The atmosphere is cold. Cold as ice. For the first time ever I was afraid of Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Coffee or Tea?” I heard him ask.

 

I looked at him. He didn’t remember? How could he not?

 

“Coffee,” I replied bleakly at him.

 

He nodded and disappeared into the kitchen. Really? After seven years apart, he just forgot? I looked down at my lap and sighed. Seven years really is a long time. A lot can happen in seven years...He’s been busy too so there must be a lot in his mind…

 

Kyuhyun came in with two cups in his hand. He placed your coffee in front of you. “So, Miss Park, let’s talk about terms.”

 

“Terms? Really Kyuhyun, do you have to be so firm?” I said.

 

“I hired you,” he said.

 

“By force,” I pressed. “Look, Kyuhyun, I don’t usually take jobs like this. But then when this man calls my firm for three hours wanting a statistician but just wants me, what should I do?”

 

“You’re the only one I can trust,” he said, taking a sip in his cup.

 

“Alright, fair enough,” I said.

 

“Tell me what you can do,” he said.

 

“You hired me without knowing what I do?” I said, challenging him.

 

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, as if deeply annoyed. “Will you please just answer? What can you offer me?”

 

I sighed. “The common misconception about us statisticians is that people hire us and we do all the job. That’s wrong. It’s not that what I can offer you, but what you would ask me to do.”

 

“I do not follow,” he said, tilted his head to the side. He always looked so gorgeous when he does that.

 

“You provide me the data, you tell me what you want to do with the data and I do it. Basically, I’m just your calculator and interpreter,” I said.

 

“So you’ll do anything I want?” he asked. A smirk suddenly started to dance on his face.

 

“Mhm, I could tell you the mean profit per month of a year, the trends, for example which month usually has the highest mean profit, lowest mean profit..I could also help you with what you can do to make the business better. For example, if there’s a special promo or drink, if you give me your data, I could see whether this promo or drink can actually affect your sales,” I explained.

 

He nodded, thinking deeply. “Alright. Do you have a laptop?” he asked.

 

“Yes, it’s in my car,” I said.

 

“Go get it,” he said.

 

“Excuse me?” I said.

 

“Go get your laptop.”

 

I breathed deeply. I was getting furious. The old Kyuhyun didn’t treat me like this.

 

“Mr. Cho Kyuhyun,” I started. “You are my client, not my employer. You are not my boss. So stop ordering me around or I could anytime drop this.”

 

I stormed off the room and went to the parking lot to retrieve my damn laptop. Why is he like this? Did those seven years change him into this? Did me leaving him make him into this? Someone full of hate? I grumbled.

 

Cho Kyuhyun, what has happened to you?

 

I hopped back on the elevator and went to the room. Kyuhyun stood up from his chair.

 

“I’m sorry for being rude,” he said.

 

“It’s fine, Kyu,” I said, setting up the laptop. “What now?”

 

He handed me a USB. “All the data from MOM House from start of construction to opening date til last month is in here. All the expenses and earnings per day are also in here,” he said.

 

“What do you want me to do with all these?” I asked, plugging in the USB.

 

“Uhm… I want to know how much did the business earn, if there’s any, as in subtracting the expenses for the land, the loan, constructions, etc.,” he said.

 

“Alright,” I said. “I could do that.” Kyuhyun stared at me. “What? Now?”

 

“Yes, now,” he answered.

 

I scoffed. “Kyuhyun, do you think we do these for just a few hours? With data this big it will take me overnight, the fastest, to even set it up in SAS.”

 

“SAS?” He asked.

 

“Statistical Analysis Software,” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Then you have all night,” he said.

 

“So you’re just going let me work on this all day?” I asked.

 

“Yes,” he nodded.

 

“This isn’t how this works, Kyu,” I said.  “Do you know how much time I need to input these data? Even if they’re in excel file, I’ll have to check every single one and input according to headers, clean it up, merge the files if the headers are the same, sort the data, damn Kyu! there’s so much to do here.”

 

“Look, this is the only time I’m free for the month,” he said, sighing.

 

“Well, you don’t have to watch me work!” I said.

 

“I… I just want to be sure things could be done,” he sighed.

 

“Fine. Just this once, Kyu,” I said.

 

“Uhm… actually can we… do this once every month?” he asked.

 

I looked at him. He was unbelievable. But he was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun with those cute puppy eyes. Kyuhyun with that angel smile. Cho Kyuhyun. I find it hard to resist him.

 

How am I supposed to move on like this?

 

“Which day every month?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know yet. It depends on my schedule,” he said.

 

“Of course,” I sighed.

 

“What does that suppose to mean?” he grumbled.

 

“I know, I know you’re always busy,” I said.

 

“Is that why you left me?” he asked.

 

I was surprised to hear it from Cho Kyuhyun himself. I’d never thought he’d be vocal like this.

 

“No, it’s not,” I said honestly.

 

He nodded and chuckled grimly. “I see.”

 

“Kyuhyun, you know I don’t do things without a proper reason,” I whispered.

 

“Mhm, is Stanford a proper reason?” he asked bitterly.

 

“Kyuhyun, please. Am I here to ride on your guilt trip or to do work?” I asked.

 

Why is he hurting me like this? Yes, I left him and went to Stanford, and I did something I regret for years but he doesn’t need to rub it in.

 

He nodded. “Work,” he chuckled.

 

I opened his files. He was quite organized. There’s a workbook for every month and data per day in it. “Who inputs your data?”

 

“I do,” he answered.

 

“You do?”

 

“Everyday at night, eomma sends me the sales for the day and summary of every single thing bought or purchased, every single booking, and then when I have time, I encode it,” he explained.

 

“Well thankfully, you’re horribly organized. Makes my work easier,” I said.

 

I started importing his files one by one to SAS. But of course, no matter how organized one is, it’s still possible to make mistakes in inputting data. It’s not easy to read data one by one and check if there’s an outlier in it. Cleaning data, that’s the hardest part in this job.

 

We sat there for hours without saying a word. I was busy with importing and cleaning his data, and he was busy… uhm… actually, he was doing nothing. He was just sitting there, watching. I tried to glare at him a few times… It was kind of bothering me. But he didn’t move an inch. He just smiled at me and sipped on his tea.

 

I finished importing and cleaning all his data by seven at night. It was half the usual time for this much data. I started computing for Descriptive Statistics first, mean, mode, frequencies, those things.

 

Kyuhyun suddenly leaned in, looking at me.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“I’m hungry,” he pouted. “Are you hungry?”

 

“Mhm, I’m fine,” I said, busy with work.

 

I heard him sigh and then he finally stood up from his chair. He walked to the kitchen counter and started opening cabinets.

 

“Your house looks nice,” I said, trying to loosen him up. “It’s good that you bought--”

 

“It’s not mine,” he cut me off. “It’s Donghae hyung’s.”

 

“Then why…”

 

“We can’t do this in MOM House. Too many fans. Not in my dorm either. I can’t rent a hotel room. People might get the wrong idea. Netizens now are like hawks. Reporters would do anything to get a scoop while netizens show no mercy. This is the only safe place I know,” he explained.

 

“Oh…”

 

“I borrowed it from hyung for a day or two,” he said. “And clearly he doesn’t spend a lot of time here since there’s nothing edible here,” he mumbled, checking cabinets again. “I’ll just call delivery then.”

 

“I thought you don’t want to get caught,” I said. “If you make a delivery then they’ll know you’re here. Let me, instead.”

 

“Alright, fine,” he answered.

 

“But you pay,” I grinned wide.

 

“You haven’t changed, Kyesin,” he chuckled. “Alright. What do you want?”

 

“You’re paying. I’ll eat what you eat. Coz I’m not really--”
 

“a picky eater. I know,” He said, nodding. He sat back down on his chair and smiled at me. “How does pizza sound?”

 

“As I’ve said, not a picky eater,” I said. I grabbed my phone and asked my assistant to bring one.

 

“Extra cheese,” Kyuhyun whispered as I was instructing her.


 

The pizza came in fast. A trusted male assistant from our company, the one who usually runs our errands like retrieving and delivering papers or drives, stuff like that. He also brought the wine I asked for.

 

“We’re drinking?” Kyuhyun asked, eyeing the wine.

 

I stared at him for quite some time. Did he really forget? He knows that I drink at least one glass of wine every dinner. I was the one who introduced him to wine and got him addicted to it.

 

It seems that Cho Kyuhyun forgot everything about me since I left.

 

“I am. It’s my routine, Mr. Cho. You can help yourself to some if you want to,” I said. I poured some wine into a clear glass.

 

Kyuhyun stood up from his seat and walked to the cupboards. He got something and brought it back. He placed the two wine glasses on the table.

 

“This is not the right glass,” Kyuhyun said, pouring your wine into the wine glasses.

 

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

 

Kyuhyun sat back down and took the bottle in his hands. I sliced my pizza and ate.

 

“Mhm, where’s this from?” he mumbled to himself.

 

“France,” I replied.

 

“How much is this?” he asked.

 

“Don’t worry. You don’t need to pay for it,” I said. “It’s mine.”

 

“Kyesin, these things cost like $50-$100 a bottle,” he said, eyes wide.

 

“It’s my money, Kyu. Just drink,” I said.

 

He sighed and took a sip. “This is good,” he exclaimed.

 

“Of course it is,” I said. “It’s worth $85.”
 

Kyuhyun laughed. “It’s definitely worth your money.” He then tilted his head to side and furrowed his brows. “Went to America and you became bourgeois?” He said, eyeing the knife and fork i was using to cut up my pizza.

 

“What? It’s oily and I still have to work. I don’t want an oily keyboard.”

 

“Mhm,” he hummed and took a bite off his pizza.

 

My phone suddenly rang. ‘Dean calling’ it said.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to get this,” I said and answered the phone.

 

“Hello?” Dean said in the other line.

 

“Hello,” I answered. We were speaking in English.

 

“Hey, angel. Are you home? Let’s go out and eat,” he invited.

 

“uhm, Sorry, I can’t. I’m stuck with work,” I said. “Still not done.”

 

“Aww really? You can’t sneak out for just a couple of minutes?”

 

“Sorry, really can’t. I’ve eaten already so you should go eat. I promise I’ll make it up to you next time,” I said.

 

“Alright. Take care. I’ll drop by your office tomorrow. And be careful driving home today. It’s snowing like crazy,” he said.

 

I chuckled. “Okay. Take care too. Bye.” And then I hung up.

 

“Boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asked, furrowing his brows at me.

 

Was he jealous? Or Was he just curious?

 

“No,” I said, shaking my head. “Just a friend of mine.”

 

“Mhm… ‘Friend’,” he scoffed.

 

I rolled my eyes at him. He truly hates my guts, doesn’t he?

 

I resumed working after eating. I finished Descriptive Stats after an hour or so. I presented Kyuhyun the results, the graphs, and explained everything. But to be quite honest, he just seemed...disinterested. He just nodded slowly and stared at your computer while I discussed.

 

It was around ten in the evening when we finished. I fixed my things quietly, putting my laptop back in the bag while Kyuhyun while he sat just looking at me. It gets kinda creepy though.

 

“How was studying in Stanford?” he suddenly asked.

 

I looked at him, confused. “Do you really want to know?”

 

“Mhm,” he nodded. He looked sincere.

 

“It went well, I guess,” I said.

 

“Did you get honors?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” I smiled.

 

“Good for you,” he said. “You grew your hair,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Hmm? Yeah, I did,” I said.

 

“You cut it differently, though,” he gave me a soft smile.

 

“Mhm, I wanted to try something different,” I said.

 

“It looks nice on you,” he said.

 

“Thanks.” I felt myself blushing red.

 

He still can do it. Make my heart jump from just a simple compliment.

 

I took my bag. “Uhm… I better leave. It’s getting late and--”

 

“Apparently we can’t,” he said as he stood over the large glass window that stretched from ceiling to floor.

 

“Excuse me?” I said, walking over to him.

 

“The roads are blocked,” he said.

 

The streets were all covered with snow and ice. It was still snowing hard. It would take them around half a day or more to clear it out.

 

“What do we do now? I have to get home,” I said.

 

Kyuhyun looked at me, deep in thought. “Why don’t we just sleep over for the night?”

 

“Kyuhyun, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” I looked away.

 

“Kyesin, do you have any other choice? Look, I’m sorry. I know you’re probably blaming for this, that I shouldn’t have made you work here. But what can you do now? There’s no way you can go out of this building,” he said.

 

He’s right. But wouldn’t this bring back to many things? I want to move on.

 

“okay, fine,” I sighed, defeated.

 

“put your bags down. I’ll sleep here outside on the sofa. You go sleep on the bed,” he instructed.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?” I asked.

 

“What? Do you want to sleep on the sofa? Or do you want me to sleep with you?!” he asked seriously.

 

“I was just trying to be nice,” I muttered, turning my back from him.

 

“You can borrow some of Donghae hyung’s sweaters. They must be in his closet in the bedroom,” he said, took off his coat and lied down the sofa. “There must be blankets there too if you need any.”

 

“Okay,” I grumbled. “Good night, Kyuhyun.”

 

He didn’t answer. He usually does...and even sings it sometimes. I guess he really has changed.

 

I shut off the lights and went to the bedroom. I washed my face in the bathroom. I then walked to the cabinet and took one of Donghae’s sweaters and put it on. It was cold, especially with the snow falling outside. There were a couple of blankets neatly folded and piled up there too. I took one for myself.

 

I bit my lip. Damn it. Why can’t I resist him?

 

Probably because I still love him.

 

I took one more blanket and one pillow from Donghae’s bed. I quietly went out of the bedroom and tiptoed to where Kyuhyun lay. His eyes were already closed yet his brows were furrowed as if he was deep in thought. He seems to be asleep. I spread the blanket over him. Very carefully, I lifted his head up and put the pillow under. He always looked so pretty when he slept. Those long lashes of his...and that mole under his right eye… With my thumb, I carefully massaged his forehead, loosening his furrowed brows.

 

I sighed to myself. I need to stop living like this. I need to stop reaching out to him...loving and caring for him. I know he hates me. I know he’s punishing me by doing this. I stood up and headed for the bedroom. I switched the lights off and curled into a ball. He has changed. He is not the jolly, caring and protective Kyuhyun I once knew. He’s slowly hurting me now.

 

Maybe that's because the Kyuhyun I'm searching for loved me then...but not anymore now.

 

I clutched on the pillow and shut my eyes tight.

 

I want to move on, Cho Kyuhyun.



 

Kyuhyun

 

"Hyung!" I called.

 

"Ne?" Donghae hyung said, busy with his phone.

 

"May I borrow your unit?" I asked.

 

hyung furrowed his brows and looked at me. "What for?"

 

"I hired a statistician for MOM House. You know, to keep track of the business... I need to meet the statistician but I can't do it at MOM House, too many fans there. I can't do it here too," I said.

 

"Ah, arasso," he nodded and went to his room to retrieve the key.

 

"Promise me you're not lying and just want to bring a girl there, okay, Kyu?" He warned before handing me the key.

 

"Believe me hyung, I'm very single right now," I said.

 

"Alright. When will you meet him?" He asked.

 

Hyung assumed it was a boy...but I have no intention of correcting him.

 

"Today after my schedule," I said.

 

"Mhm, okay," he nodded. "Oh! It's supposed to snow hard today."

 

"Who says?"

 

"Heard it on the radio a while ago," he said. "You can stay if ever you get stuck there."

 

"Thanks hyung," I said with a smile.

 

I should've listened.


 

I called her firm right after my recording schedule. I had no more schedules for the day until tomorrow afternoon. It was perfect.

 

I want her to feel guilty over what she did. I don't know if she did before but it doesn't matter. I want her to feel guilty now. I want her to see how much she wrecked me when she left. I would understand if we broke up normally, she could have her reasons, but leaving without a goodbye? That's too much.

 

Park Kyesin is a gentle person. Or at least I thought she is. She's very selfless. She always puts other's needs before hers so I knew if I asked her to come now, she would. And I was right.

 

The doorbell at Donghae hyung's place rang at sometime past two in the afternoon. I took a deep breath and spoke over the speaker.

 

"Yes?" I said.

 

"It's me," Park Kyesin spoke.

 

"Who is it?" i said, just to annoy her. Of course I knew already that it was her. Only she has a voice like that.

 

"Mr. Cho, I'm your statistician for MOM House," she said.

 

I chuckled to myself. Much better.

 

I opened the door and acted very casual. After all, she meant nothing to me now. "Come in."

 

Park Kyesin's hazel eyes welcomed me as she stepped in. She chuckled. It's been awhile since I heard that. "What's with the monkey suit?" She asked, raising her brow.

 

I furrowed my brows. "I am your employer."

 

"Sorry," she said, pursing her lips. She once told me I look good in a tux. So here I am, trying to lure her.

 

I shut the door and rolled my eyes at her. "Please, take a seat." I then went to the kitchen. I grab two cups and took the coffee and one bag of tea. But an idea popped into my head. "Coffee or tea?" I asked.

 

Of course I knew what her answer will be. Coffee, definitely. She is allergic to tea.

 

"Coffee," she answered grimly. She must have thought I have forgotten. I nodded at her and went back to the kitchen. I chuckled softly to myself.

 

I made her coffee and my tea. I went to the coffee table and carefully placed the cup in front of her.

 

"So, Miss Park, let's talk about terms," I started.

 

"Terms? Really, Kyuhyun, do you have to be so firm?" She asked.

 

"I hired you," I reminded her.

 

"By force. Look, Kyuhyun, i don't usually take jobs like this. But when a man calls my firm for three hours wanting a statistician but just wants me, what should I do?"

 

"You're the only one I can trust," I said and took a sip of tea. I've made this alibi days ago.

 

"Alright, fair enough," she said.

 

"Tell me what you can do," I said.

 

"you hired me without knowing what I do?" She asked. As expected from a genius. Damn it. why does she have to be so smart?

 

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I need to control my temper. "Will you please just answer? What can you offer me?"

 

She then sighed. "The common misconception about us statisticians is that people hire us and we do all the job. That's wrong. It's not what I can offer you, but what you would ask me to do."

 

So I tell her what to find out about my business and she does it? Is that it?

 

"I do not follow," I said, tilting my head to the side. I know she finds me attractive when I do this.

 

"You provide me the data, you tell me what you want to do with the data and I do it. Basically, I'm just your calculator and interpreter."

 

I smirked. "So you'll do anything I want?" This will be great.

 

“Mhm, I could tell you the mean profit per month of a year, the trends, for example which month usually has the highest mean profit, lowest mean profit..I could also help you with what you can do to make the business better. For example, if there’s a special promo or drink, if you give me your data, I could see whether this promo or drink can actually affect your sales,” She explained.

 

Of course I knew what she can do. I'm just doing this to annoy her. After all, I was the one who told her to take up statistics in college in the first place.

 

I nodded. This is perfect then. "Alright. Do you have a laptop?"

 

"Yes, it's in my car," she answered.

 

"Go get it," i instructed.

 

"Excuse me?" She said, raising her brows.

 

"Go get your laptop," I said. I knew all too well the things that may annoy her.

 

And I was right. Ordering her around is one of them.

 

"Mr. Cho Kyuhyun, you are my client, not my employer. You are not my boss. So stop ordering me around or I could anytime drop this." She then stormed off the room.

 

. Maybe I went too far. Even though she's not the type of girl to just drop something because she's annoyed, it's still better to keep her calm, for now. I need to just slowly remind her of what she's done.

 

She went back to the room with a laptop bag in her hand.

 

"I'm sorry for being rude," I said.

 

“It’s fine, Kyu. What now?,” she said. She’s so used to calling me by my nickname. She then put her laptop up.

 

I gave her the USB. “All the data from MOM House from start of construction to opening date til last month is in here. All the expenses and earnings per day are also here.”

 

She plugged in the stick. “What do you want me to do with all these?”

 

I thought for quite sometime. I knew what would take up so much time. “Uhm.. I want to know how much did the business earn, if there’s any, as in subtracting the expenses for the land, the loan, construction, etc.”

 

“Alright, I could do that,” she nodded. I stared at her. “What? Now?”

 

“Yes, now,” I said, keeping a straight face. Deep inside, I was chuckling.

 

She shook her head, surprised. “Kyuhyun, do you think we do these for just a few hours? With data this big, it will take me overnight, the fastest to set it up in SAS.”

 

“SAS?” I asked. Of course I knew what it was.

 

“Statistical Analysis Software,” she answered, rolling her eyes.

 

“Then you have all night,” I smirked.

 

“So you’re just going to let me work on this all day?”

 

“Yes,”I said firmly.

 

We argued for a couple of minutes about this. I won, of course. We have also came into an agreement that we meet at least once a month for this. To be honest, I didn’t need a statistician. I just want to annoy the hell out of her, and make her realize how much pain she caused me. I didn’t want to see her, really. But maybe my mind is really a twisted one so I set this up.

 

There was one thing she said, however, that made me think. She said that I was always busy, so I asked her if that was the reason she left. To be quite honest, I did think of all the possible reasons why she left me when she did. And one of the reasons I thought of was that I was too busy for her. I would admit there were times that I couldn’t even send her a message, but it didn’t seem to bother her at all before. So I ruled that out.

 

It must’ve really been Stanford. Her acceptance to that university. She even kept that a secret from me.

 

So selfish.

 

She worked on the data quietly. I watched as she typed rapidly. I just sat at the side and stared. She looked quite professional, and it was very beautiful to see her like that. I’ve always seen her as a happy and outgoing person so this is a fresh sight. She was very mature in taking care of people, though, and that may have been because of her sense of independence.

 

I never expected I would have fun watching her work. I had to keep a straight face though deep inside I was smiling like an idiot. I did this to show her that I was winning, but just...seeing her so focused, it was bringing back memories. Memories during the happy days. During those times, we studied together and I always loved watching her study. I remember something I like to do, pretending to be sleepy and lean on the table while the truth is I was just watching her.

 

I love watching her hazel eyes move as she reads, her thin red lips as she breathes and her long curly eyelashes as she blinks. I was madly in love then.

 

So why do I still want to look at her that way right now if I hate her?

 

I breathed deeply and leaned in. I looked at her. Those beautiful hazel eyes…

 

“What?” she asked.

 

I thought fast. “I’m hungry. Are you hungry?”

 

“Mhm, I’m fine,” she said. She was so focused. She’s been skipping meals, hasn’t she?

 

I sighed. I stood up from my chair and tried to look for food in the kitchen. There was nothing edible in the ref. I don’t know how to cook so those ingredients in the cabinets are meaningless to me.

 

“Your house looks nice,” she spoke. She doesn’t know it isn’t mine? I guess she hasn’t been keeping track of the things I do. “It’s good that you bought--”

 

“It’s not mine. It’s Donghae hyung’s,”I cut her off.

 

“Then why…”

 

I sighed. “We can’t do this in MOM House. Too many fans. Not in my dorm either. I can’t rent a hotel room. People might get the wrong idea. Netizens now are like hawks. Reporters would do anything to get a scoop while netizens show no mercy. This is the only safe place I know,” I explained.

 

“Oh…”

 

“I borrowed it from hyung for a day or two,” I continued. “And clearly he doesn’t spend a lot of time here since there’s nothing edible here,” I said, staring at the cabinets. “I’ll just call delivery then.”

 

“I thought you don’t want to get caught. If you make a delivery then they’ll know you’re here. Let me, instead,” she said. She’s still as smart as ever. I smiled to myself, with my back to her.

 

I straightened my face. “Alright, fine,” I answered as nonchalantly as possible.

 

“But you pay,” she grinned at me.

 

“You haven’t changed, Kyesin,” I chuckled. “Alright. What do you want?”

 

“You’re paying. I”ll eat what you eat. Coz I’m not really --”

 

“A picky eater. I know,” I said. Of course. That’s one of the reasons I fell for her. I sat back on the chair and I smiled at her. “How does pizza sound?” she really likes pizza.

 

“As I’ve said, not a picky eater,” she smiled and spoke on the phone.

 

“Extra cheese,” I whispered to her. She chuckled.

 

The pizza was delivered by a guy. She said he works for her office. Quite odd she asks a guy from her office to just deliver the pizza...hm… She put the pizza on the table and in her hand was a bottle of wine.


Ah.. Park Kyesin, you really haven’t changed. She still drinks at least one glass of wine every night.

 

“We’re drinking?” I asked, pretending not to know.

 

She stared at me as if I asked her the most outrageous question. Well it’s true. She knows that I know well about her habits.

 

“I am. It’s my routine, Mr. Cho. You can help yourself to some if you want to,” she said. She then poured wine to a glass.

 

I sighed, stood up from my seat. She’s using the wrong glass so I took two wine glasses from the cupboards.i knew this because after all, she was the one who got me addicted to wine.

 

“This is not the right glass,” I said and poured it into the wine glass.

 

“Thanks,” she said.

 

I sat and curiously took the bottle in my hands. “Mhm, where’s this from?” I mumbled, trying to read the bottle details.

 

“France,” she answered.

 

France? Looks damn expensive. “How much is this?” I asked.

 

“Don’t worry. You don’t need to pay for it. It’s mine,” she said.

 

“Kyesin, these things cost like $50-$100 a bottle,” I said.

 

“It’s my money, Kyu. Just drink,” she instructed.

 

I swirled my glass, took a sniff and sipped. So damn delicious. “This is good!”

 

“Of course it is. It’s worth $85,” she chuckled. She really has good taste.

 

I can’t help but laugh. “It’s definitely worth your money.” I looked at her. She was slicing per pizza with a knife and eating it with a fork. I furrowed my brows, stifling a laugh. “Went to America and you became bourgeois?” I asked.

 

“What? It’s oily and I still have to work. I don’t want an oily keyboard,” she explained.

 

“Mhm,” I hummed and bit at my pizza. She was so adorable.

 

Her phone suddenly rang. She looked at it, and for a second, there was panic in her eyes. “I’m sorry, I have to get this,” she said and answered the phone.

 

I tried not to listen, but it was hard when she was just a foot or two next to me, blushing red.

 

“Hello?” she answered the phone. She was speaking in English. Was she speaking to that American guy at the party?

 

“Uhm, Sorry, I can’t. I’m stuck with work. Still not done,” she muttered. She then pouted. She looked so adorable once again. “Sorry, really can’t. I’ve eaten already so you should go eat. I promise I’ll make it up to you next time.”

 

They eat together now? Maybe it’s just her friend...Maybe not...

 

She then chuckled. She hasn’t chuckled like that when I’m around since we met again.

 

“Okay. Take care too. Bye,” she said and hung up.

 

I breathed deeply. “Boyfriend?” I asked, furrowing my brows.

 

“No. just a friend of mine,” she said and shook her head.

 

“‘Friend’,” I scoffed. But deep inside, I breathed a sigh of relief.

 

She continued working after eating. She then explained the results to me after an hour or so. But it was hard to keep focus with her face literally a foot from mine, and her pretty hazel eyes looking right at me. So I pretended to listen and nod slowly while she spoke.

 

We finished at around ten, and by that time, I found myself so confused. I watched her fix her things trying to figure out what happened to her while she was away.

 

“How was studying in Stanford?” I asked.

 

She looked at me, utterly confused. “Do you really want to know?”

 

“Mhm,” I nodded.

 

“It went well, I guess,” she replied.

 

“Did you get honors?”

 

“Yeah,” she smiled. Good girl.

 

“Good for you,” I said. It was nostalgic...talking so casually to her. So I decided to keep it up. “You grew your hair.”

 

“Hmm? Yeah I did,” She mumbled.

 

“You cut it differently, though,” I smiled at her. I looked great on her, actually.

 

“Mhm, I wanted to try something different,” she said.

 

“It looks nice on you.”

 

“Thanks.” she blushed red, like she always did before.

 

I wanted to annoy the hell out of her today but what is this I’m feeling? I don’t know anymore. I couldn’t help but be the Kyuhyun I was seven years ago.

 

I sighed and stood from my seat and went to the window. It was snowing outside, snowing really hard. I looked down. . The roads are all blocked. There must be like 10 to 15 feet of snow out there.

 

“Uhm… I better leave. It’s getting late and --”

 

I cut her off and broke the news. “Apparently we can’t.”

 

“Excuse me?” she asked and walked towards where I am.

 

“The roads are blocked,” I said.

 

“What do we do now? I have to get home.”

 

I looked at her. I have an idea but I know she won’t like it.

 

“Why don’t we just sleep over for the night?”

 

“Kyuhyun, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” she said, like I thought.

 

“Kyesin, do you have any other choice? Look, I’m sorry. I know you’re probably blaming for this, that I shouldn’t have made you work here. But what can you do now? There’s no way you can go out of this building,” I pressed.

 

She sighed. “Okay, fine.”

 

“Put your bags down. I’ll sleep here outside on the sofa. You go sleep on the bed,” I instructed.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?” she asked.

 

“What? Do you want to sleep on the sofa? Or do you want me to sleep with you?!”

 

“I was just trying to be nice,” she muttered and turned her back from me.

 

. Why can’t I just keep my mouth shut.

 

“You can borrow some of Donghae hyung’s sweaters. They must be in his closet in the bedroom,” I said. I took off my coat and lay on the sofa. “There must be blankets there too if you need any.”

 

“Okay. Good night, Kyuhyun.”

 

I wanted to answer, but I couldn’t find my voice.

 

I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep, but I just couldn’t.

 

Then suddenly, something dropped on me, and my head was lifted up. I kept my eyes shut of course, but I could feel Kyesin putting a pillow under my head and fixing the blanket over my body. She even smoothened my forehead out, soothing me. She was sweet and caring like she always is, and I wanted to hold her like I have before. I want to open my eyes and look at her startled beautiful hazel eyes. I want to reach up to her face and brush her cheeks with the back of my hand. I want to touch her… But I couldn’t find the guts to.

 

She left after that. But I still couldn’t sleep. No matter how I tried. “Maybe it’s the sofa,” I muttered to myself. So I stood up, and got the pillow and blanket. I headed for Donghae’s room but my feet stopped moving once I was by the door. Was I just making excuses? “Just do it, Kyu,” I said to myself. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

 

Kyesin was laying in one side, fast asleep. I carefully climbed on the other side of the bed and closed my eyes. Minutes passed and I still couldn’t sleep. I looked at Kyesin, her back to me, and started brushing her hair unconsciously. So soft… And slowly, I was getting closer and closer.

 

I don’t know what came into my mind when I wrapped my arms around her tiny waist. But I didn’t regret doing so one bit.

 

It was like going back to before, back when we were happy and in love. Her hair smelled the same, vanilla and strawberries. She smelled amazing as always. I hugged her, shutting my eyes. My heart ached having her in my arms again.

 

She turned around, very well fast asleep, facing me. “So warm,” she muttered, burying her face on my chest.

 

I hugged her tighter. It was satisfying. My heart was beating fast. My cheeks were burning. My arms ached for this. I’m sure.

 

And I’m sure that I miss her...a lot. I want to hug her like this again every single day. I want to see her, and just stare at her beautiful hazel eyes. I want to hear her voice. I found myself wanting her more than ever as oppose to my original plan.

 

Changmin was right. I still haven’t moved on.

 

And I don’t think I want to move on.

------------------

Hey everyone! Here's the new update as promised :)

Please do COMMENT your thoughts below and UPVOTE if you liked it! You comments help me a lot in writing the future chapters. :)

Thank you for reading! Sorry this update was kinda late. I'm so busy right now since finals is coming up and I have three thesis papers to finish by the end of May but I promise I will update as much as I can :)

 

EVERYONE HERE'S A GOOD SONG

The song I am recommending this week is Parc Jaejung and Kyuhyun's Duet 두 남자 (Two Men). It's rare that a duet of the same would sound amazing but I promise you, this one does. Their voices blend perfectly and they do not try to overpower each other. They each equally had times to shine and I really liked it.