Hating Love. Loving Hate.

Hate That I Love You

Kyuhyun

“Kyuhyun-ah! Come over here!” I heard PDnim shout. I quickly went to his side.

 

“Ne?” I said politely.

 

“Have you seen anyone you’d like yet?” he asked.

 

“Ani,” I pouted and shook my head.

 

“Aish! So picky!” he grumbled. “You have a girlfriend, don’t you?”

 

“Ah, ani. No I don’t,” I chuckled, denying it. But I told the truth. I didn’t have one as of the moment.

 

“Let’s just look someone who looks nice and complete this. We can’t film til dark!” he said.

 

“Yes, PD nim,” I agreed immediately.

 

The cameras followed me around. Yes, you’ve guessed that right. I am an idol. Yes, I am a member of the famous group named Super Junior. And yes, I’ve just debuted as a solo ballad singer.

 

I was standing in the middle of Gwanghwamun Plaza, singing my song, ‘At Gwanghwamun’, to women of across ages. Anyone PD nim would find. I had promised everyone that I would do so if I won a music show, which I did. It was fun, some were shy and went away. But I loved singing. I do it with my whole heart.

 

“Are we done?” asked PD nim to the crew.

 

“We need one more, sir,” one man replied as he watched the videos. He then whispered. “Let’s look for a unique one. Perhaps a foreigner?”

 

“How the hell would we find a foreigner who is willing to be filmed here?!” PD nim replied, obviously tired.

 

“PD nim,” a cameraman hyung called softly. He pointed to a girl, standing in front of the statue of King Sejong.

 

“Is she pretty?” PD nim asked in a whisper. The cameraman nodded furiously.  “Go, Kyuhyun!” PD nim instructed me.

 

I went towards her with confidence. The cameramen followed me. So did PD nim. She had long brown wavy hair and a petite figure. I wondered how she looks like as I neared her.

 

“Excuse me,” I said in my best English as I tapped her shoulder. She turned around.

 

“Yes?” she said in a horribly melodious voice. It took her just a second to realize who I was.

 

Yet I was stunned. Unable to say a single word.

 

Luckily PD nim stepped in. “Ah, Miss, can you speak Korean?” he asked in English.

 

“Yes,” she replied. “I speak well.”

 

“Ah, good! May we film you for a moment? He is Cho Kyuhyun, a well known singer,” he said.

 

She briefly glanced at me, then looked at him. With her sparkling eyes, she spoke once again. “I know who he is,” she smiled. “But I’m sorry, sir, I actually need to go somewhere. I just stopped by for a few minutes. I hope I didn’t cause any delay.”

 

“Oh, no worries,” PD nim replied, suddenly so nice. She has definitely captivated him with her charms. “Take care miss!”

 

She bowed down apologetically. “I’m really sorry.” She then ran off and rode on a black sedan waiting.

 

“Aish… what luck!” PD nim sighed. “Aish! She’s very pretty. She should’ve been perfect! She looks half, though.”

 

Yes she is. Half-Korean, a quarter Italian and a quarter British, in fact. I know. Because that girl. That girl was Park Kyesin.

 

And I have nothing now but hate for her.


 

 

Kyesin

It feels weird to be back in Korea. Weird… Though I didn’t know if it was in a good way or not. It has been three months since I moved back here from America. And within that last month, every single vehicle I’ve been in played the same song over and over again: At Gwanghwamun.

 

It was one cold day that I was in Gwanghwamun Plaza, waiting for my business partner to come pick me up. I took the time to walk around. It’s been too long. I couldn’t help but admit that I miss this place, and of course that memories it held. I went my way to King Sejong’s statue and stood in front of it. I still vividly remember the first time I was here, at the very same spot.

 

Then my phone suddenly vibrated. “I’m here! Look for the black Porsche.” It was my business partner.

 

I breathed deeply and took one last look at King Sejong. It’s been so long.

 

“Excuse me,” a voice so familiar came from behind and tapped my shoulder.

 

“Yes?” I turned around to check who it was.

 

And it took me just one second to recognize him.

 

He stared at me blankly for seconds. Surprised, maybe?

 

Then an aged man behind him spoke.. “Ah, Miss, can you speak Korean?” he asked me in English.

 

“Yes. I speak well,” I replied.

 

“Ah, good! May we film you for a moment? He is Cho Kyuhyun, a well known singer,” he said.

 

I briefly glanced at him then back to the aged man who seems to be the director. I smiled. “I know who he is. But I’m sorry, sir, I actually need to go somewhere. I just stopped by for a few minutes. I hope I didn’t cause any delay.”

 

“Oh, no worries,” he replied all smiles. “Take care miss!”

 

Despite living away from Korea for years, I still haven’t forgotten my manners. “I’m really sorry.” I apologized and bowed low.

 

I went to the black Porsche waiting for me and got on. I looked out the window. I had this need to see him again.

 

Of course I knew him. He wasn’t just a singer to me. He was Cho Kyuhyun.

 

And I had nothing now but love for him.

 

 

--------------

Hello everyone!

This is the first chapter of the fic. I know it's a bit short, but I couldn't write it any longer. The later chapters will be longer though.

So please, COMMENT your thoughts below and UPVOTE/LIKE if you liked it <3

Thank you so much for reading!

See you all next week