The Best Part

Hate That I Love You

I was staring blankly at the oregano leaves I was picking for our research project. My mind was flying… flying back to the moment I kissed her. I could feel my cheeks burning. It was the most amazing moment of my life. I want to kiss her again.
 
“You bastard!” A box of surgical gloves came flying at my face.
 
“Yah!” I screamed. Jaehyun, Moonyoung and Ueno came towards me. “What did you do that for?!”
 
Jaehyun sat in front of me and leaned. “I know you’re secret now, Cho Kyuhyun.”
 
I rolled my eyes at him. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
 
“Do you know what he’s talking about?” Ueno asked Moonyoung. Youngie just shook his head.
 
“Cho Kyuhyun. Don’t play dumb with me,” Jaehyun said. I stood up to weigh my leaves. “I know why you’re always missing at lunch break.”
 
“He’s stalking Kyesin, of course,” Moonyoung laughed.
 
“No. I checked the library and they weren’t there,” Jaehyun said. I froze. “Guys, our very own Cho Kyuhyun is dating Park Kyesin.”
 
“WHAT?!” Moonyoung and Ueno said together.
 
“What made you say that?” I chuckled nervously as I put my leaves in the Soxhlet.
 
“Tell me, Cho Kyuhyun. Where were you last Saturday? It was a very nice day. Nice day for a walk, maybe? Or a picnic?” he smirked.
 
I glared at him. ”How did you know?”
 
“Well, I was just walking around, looking for cute girls when I spotted our dear friend Kyuhyun…and guess what he was doing? Hugging Park Kyesin!” he said.
 
Ueno and Moonyoung’s eyes stared at me. “Is that true?” Ueno asked.
 
I sighed. “Yeah…”
 
“And oh! That’s not all!” Jaehyun said.
 
“Did you kiss?” Moonyoung’s eyes grew large. “You did, didn’t you?”
 
Jaehyun smirked wide. There’s no point hiding it now. “Well… I… uh… it was in the mood…” I admitted.
 
Moonyoung hit me the back. “Well done. Kyu! Well done!”
 
Ueno grinned at me. “How long have you two been dating? Why didn’t you tell us? How did it happen?”
 
“Wait wait one question at a time!”
 
“Okay. How long, Kyu?”
 
“Around a month,” I answered.
 
“A month!” Jaehyun clapped his hands. “Basically some time after the concert?”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“But how? Last we knew you’re too shy to talk to her,” Ueno said. All three of them were huddled around me, curious.
 
“I don’t know,” I blushed. “She asked for help in her history class and I took her on a date to Gwanghwamun… but she didn’t actually know it was a date.”
 
Moonyoung laughed. “What the hell did you tell her then?”
 
“That I was bringing her in a field trip!”
 
“Then? What happened?” Jaehyun asked.
 
“Well I ended up confessing… it’s a long story, guys,” I said.
 
“Fine, fine,” Ueno spoke. “Why didn’t you tell us?”
 
“Coz I knew you guys would tease and bug me about it!” I complained. “Kyesin also thinks it isn’t healthy for others to know…”
 
“She’s probably right. Have you heard? Two third years got into a fight recently because of her,” Jaehyun said.
 
“What did they fight about?” I asked.
 
“Who gets to take her to prom,” Jaehyun laughed.
 
“Speaking of which… is it you then?” Ueno said. “The one she said she likes when Jonhee asked her out?”
 
“Well, yeah… I guess so,” I blushed.
 
“Look at you!” Moonyoung beamed at me. “Doesn’t even talk to girls before but look at you now. You’re dating the most sought out girl in school!”
 
“Speaking of which, I need to go. Kye must be waiting for me,” I said.
 
“Nice. You’re in nickname basis now,” Jaehyun smirked.
 
“They kissed already! Of course they should be!” Ueno laughed.
 
I rolled my eyes at them. Of course. Such great friends. “I’ll see you back at the classroom later,” I said before gathering my things.
 
I was on my way to the rooftop when I saw a couple of people gathered around the corridor.
 
“How dare you speak to my boyfriend?! Trying to steal him away from me, are you?!” I heard someone shout.
 
I went in to look closer.
 
“I’m not, sunbae. He came to me to ask something about their lesson in Math,” a girl responded.
 
I pushed myself in. Kyesin was being confronted by a junior.
 
“You really are thick skinned, aren’t you?” the junior scoffed.
 
“I am just stating what really happened sunbae,” Kyesin replied calmly. “Please do not worry. I have no intentions with your boyfriend. Now if you would excuse me, I have to go somewhere.”
 
The junior grabbed her arm. “Yah you ! I’m not done talking to you!” she raised her hand, ready to give a blow.
 
I caught her wrist just before her hand could land on my Kyesin’s face. Kye’s eyes grew in surprise.
 
“Sunbae…” she said.
 
“Let her go or I will report you for bullying,” I said grimly.
 
She snickered angrily before taking her hand off Kyesin. I turned to Kye.
 
“Are you alright?” I asked.
 
“Yeah, thanks,” she replied with a nod.
 
“Aren’t you satisfied with one man? You really are obtuse! Even flirting with a senior, you ,” the girl said.
 
My fury peaked and I wasn’t able to control myself. I faced the girl and pushed her a little. “What did you call her?!”
 
“She really is a , isn’t she?”
 
“Don’t you ever call her that!” I gritted through my teeth. “You better stay away from my girlfriend. If I hear that you talk to her again, I’ll make sure you’ll regret it. I don’t care that you’re a girl.”
 
I felt Kyesin hold my hand. “Sunbae, calm down. Sunbae, that’s enough,” she whispered.
 
“I’m surprised that you even have a boyfriend, with an attitude like that,” I scoffed at the junior. “Who would like someone that rude?”
 
“Sunbae, please,” Kyesin said, pressing my hand.
 
I looked at the people around. They were whispering, eyes on both of us. “Yes, we’re dating. If any of you have a problem with that, then talk to me. Leave her alone.”
 
I pulled Kyesin out of the crowd and we ran to outside the school building. I pulled her to the side, towards the field where no one goes to at this time.
 
I cupped her face with my hands and looked at her hazel eyes. “Look at me. Are you okay? Did she hurt you?”
 
She smiled at me. She took a step closer, tipped her toes and pressed her lips on mine. “I’m fine now,” she whispered.
 
Damn it. I lost control again. I pull her lips back to mine. Ahh my heart is beating fast. The taste of her lips is addicting.
 
She pulled away a little after a few and tucked her head on my chest as she hugged me tight. “Thank you, sunbae. Thank you for protecting me.”
 
“If that girl, or anyone else, bullies you, you just tell me, okay?” I said. I liked it. I liked being her guardian.
 
“Mhm,” she nodded. “The whole school knows now…”
 
“Yeah,” I said. I breathed deeply. “Well they’re bound to know anyway. Well, the good side is that you can call me ‘oppa’ now.”
 
She lifted her head up and looked at me. “’Oppa’? Isn’t that for brothers...?”
 
I laughed. “Well it is for brothers, but couples can also use it if the guy is older.”

“oh… Kyu oppa~” she crooned then chuckled.  “Ah… it’s cute.” Her hazel eyes sparkled. My heart thumped again.
 
I brushed her hair back and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “I love you,” I whispered before pressing my lips against hers again. 
 
 
 
 
I was on my way to the bus stop. Training just finished and I was alone again. I didn’t know if Kyesin had training today and stupidly, I still don’t have her number so I had no way of contacting her. I wondered how she was. People have been whispering and staring at me when I pass through the corridors. I know they’ve been talking about our sudden revelation – that I am dating Kyesin. Even some of the boys in my class have been glaring at me for the rest of the day. This was what Kyesin was probably worried about. But I ignored them. What mattered was that we’re together.
 
“yah, Cho Kyuhyun,” I heard someone call me. I spun around. Three of my batchmates were following me. They were known troublemakers though.
 
“Please, guys, I’m tired. Let’s do this tomorrow,” I said and continued walking.
 
One of them laughed. “Really, Cho Kyuhyun. Getting cocky, aren’t you?”
 
I breathed deeply and ignored them.
 
One of them put his arm around me. “What did you give her? Some sort of love potion?”
 
“I mean come on. Look at you. You’re no match for Kyesin,” the other scoffed.
 
I rolled my eyes. It’s best to just ignore them than start a fight.
 
“So what did you give her? Did you make her eat something? Drink something? Or maybe you gave her something…” the guy leaned in and whispered. “Something good from down below…” he smirked.
 
I lost my temper. I dropped my bag and threw a punch on his face. The guy stumbled off his feet.
 
“Don’t you ing dare say that again or I will make your mouth bleed!” I shouted.
 
He chuckled arrogantly. “You? You can’t even throw a punch properly!” He stood up. “You want a fight then? I’ll give you a fight.”
 
“Enough!” I heard a strong voice say. At the same moment, an old man was in front of me, blocking the blow the guy was about to give. I spun around. Park Kyesin was standing behind me.  “You better leave now while this man here is forgiving. With the way you’re acting, there’s no way I will ever be interested in any of you.”
 
The three guys fled, probably scared by Mr. Fred. “Thank you,” Kyesin said to him before he bowed, got in the car and drove away. She then turned to me.
 
“Are you okay?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, thanks,” I nodded.
 
She breathed deeply. “I heard what you told them. Thank you…for defending me.”
 
“It was wrong. What they said about you…about us,” I told her.
 
“I know… and I appreciate that you have pure intentions for me…”
 
I brushed her hair. “What are you doing here by the way? Did you have training? You look pale. Are you alright?”
 
“Yeah,” she nodded with a smile. “I was on my way home when I saw you. But I’m just a bit tired from training.”
 
“Oh… But why did you send Mr. Fred away?” I asked. “You should’ve gone home straight away. You might get sick.”
 
“I wanted to walk with you, oppa,” she admitted shyly.
 
I laughed. “hmm… I wanna try something.” I turned around and bent down. “Climb on my back,” I said.
 
“What?” she laughed. “Kyu, are you sure?”
 
“Yeah! I see it in dramas all the time!” I said.
 
“But I might be heavy, oppa…” she said.
 
“Come on, just climb.”
 
She breathed deeply. She put her arms around my neck. I held her legs tight by the either side of my hips and stood up.
 
“I’m heavy, aren’t I?” she asked.
 
“Aniyo,” I chuckled as I walked. “Hold on to me, okay?”
 
“Mhm,” she nodded. She put her head beside mine.
 
“So, how was your day?” I asked.
 
“Crazy,” she answered with a laugh. “How about oppa?”
 
“Same,” I said. “People keep murmuring in my back.”
 
“Mhm… No one is talking to me,” she said. “Usually someone always does.”
 
“I’m sorry… do you think I shouldn’t have admitted it?” I asked.
 
She shook her hand. “I think it’s fine that they know. I’m actually quite relieved now, that we don’t have to hide anymore.”
 
I chuckled. “Yeah, me too. It would be nice to hold your hand confidently along the corridors of the school.”
 
She giggled. “But I don’t want the others to know about the rooftop. I still want to eat with you there.”
 
“Me too,” I said.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“yeah?” I replied.
 
“Exams are coming up, and still I want to have a better grasp on history,” she said.
 
“Would you like me to tutor you?” I asked.
 
“Mhm… yes… if that’s alright with oppa,” she whispered.
 
“You must know by now I couldn’t say no to you, right?” I chuckled.
 
She laughed with me. “Thank you, Kyu oppa.” She kissed my cheek.
 
“Can you do that again?”
 
“What?”
 
“Kiss me,” I said.
 
“Oppa…”
 
“Come on. I wanna feel like we’re in a drama,” I chuckled.
 
She smiled at me and pressed her lips back on my cheek for a few seconds.
 
It really does feel like we were in a movie. But if I only knew it would end up in a tragedy…
 
 
 
I fixed my hair and straightened out my clothes. It was a beautiful autumn Sunday morning, perfect for a stroll in the park. It’s that time of year when the cold wasn’t that unbearable. I’m not really a fan of the cold. I love snowboarding, though. But I hate heat as well. So this is the time of year I liked the most.
 
Usually, during times like this, I’d be out and about. But today was the exception. Because there’s something else I wanted to do more.
 
I was standing outside Park Kyesin’s door, a bit nervous yet excited. Our exams are next week and she asked help from me to study history. Of course, I agreed immediately. I took a deep breath before ringing her doorbell.
 
Kyesin opened the door with a bright smile on her face. She was wearing a white shirt and denim shorts. She looked absolutely adorable but at the same time damn y. I know it’s wrong to have these inappropriate thoughts but I couldn’t help it when her fair legs are right in front of me.
 
“Hi,” she greeted. “Come in.”
 
I kissed her cheek and went inside her place. “oh… I… uh… brought my old history books to help.”
 
She nodded and smiled. “Thanks, oppa.”
 
I put my bag on a chair and took out the books to put on the table. She sat beside me with her history book, notebook and pen. I looked at her. She really looks beautiful. I brushed her hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. “Hey Kye?”
 
“Yeah?” she smiled.
 
“Could I ask for something in return for this tutoring?” I smirked.
 
“What?”
 
“A kiss…” I whispered shyly.
 
She laughed. “Of course, oppa.” She cupped my cheek and pressed her lips on mine for a couple of seconds. My heart thumped.
 
“Okay! Let’s start!” I said, all pumped up.
 
I loved the way her eyes moves as she reads, and the way she listened attentively to every word I say. She took down notes enthusiastically and asked appropriate questions. She’s really studious and smart and pretty and adorable and sweet and perfect. She’s perfect.
 
We studied continuously and paused only for lunch. I liked how eager she actually is to learn Korean history. At around four in the afternoon, we finished studying her whole syllabus for the exam.
 
“oppa,” she said as I fixed my things.
 
“Yeah?” I asked.
 
“I’m a bit hungry,” she laughed.
 
“Would you like some kimbap?” I asked. She nodded. “Okay. I’ll go buy some. I know a place nearby. Stay here. It won’t take long.”
 
“Okay. Thank you,” she smiled. “Oh. My passcode is 0-3-0-3 by the way.”
 
I took my coat and went out to buy kimbap. I went a little overboard and bought some tteokbokki as well. I went back to her apartment and opened the door. “Kye, I’m home!” I froze. I don’t know how that slipped. I then let myself in.
 
I found Kyesin fast asleep in her huge sofa bed. I put the food on the table and went towards her. A thick hardbound statistics book was lying beside her. She must’ve fallen asleep from tiredness. I took the book, closed it and piled it together with her other books.
 
I found myself staring at her as she sleeps. Creepy, right? But she looked so beautiful and serene. Her long lashes… her thin red lips… her cute fluffy cheeks… her pointy nose… ahh so beautiful. I carefully lay beside her in the large sofa bed. I didn’t know what I was thinking but I couldn’t stop myself. She was just too attractive. I carefully brushed her hair with my hand and observed as she breathes calmly.
 
I inched in closer. Damn it. I want to hold her… pull her closer… to me… But wouldn’t that be too much, for now?
 
I stopped breathing as Kyesin’s eyes slowly opened. . I’m caught.
 
“Oppa…” she whispered.
 
“I… uh… I…” I stuttered, trying to get up.
 
“Oppa…” she whispered again but this time she pressed her head against my chest and wrapped her arms around my body.
 
I froze. My heart was going to leap out of my chest. “K-Kye?”
 
“Thank you for everything,” she mumbled.
 
My arms tingled to get a hold of her. I finally surrendered and wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. Ohh it felt like I was in heaven. I kissed the top of her head. “It’s nothing, really…” I chuckled.
 
“Mhm… so warm…” she whispered in her sleep.
 
I closed my eyes as I took this all in. It was the first time I slept with someone. And it was amazing. This feeling is absolutely amazing. I didn’t want it to end. I wanted to stay like this forever. Ah… might as well…stay like this…for a while.
 
 
 
 
I slowly opened my eyes. I was alone in the sofa bed now. My cheeks burned. Kyesin woke up before I did. I sat up and found her back at the table, studying. I slowly walked towards her, and gave her a hug from behind.
 
“Did you have a good sleep?” I asked as I placed my head on top of her shoulder.
 
She chuckled. “Ne, oppa.” She looked at me. “How about you?”
 
“It was really good,” I smiled. I carefully kissed her warm lips. She smiled shyly and blushed. “What are you studying?” I asked.
 
“Statistics,” she replied.
 
“oh? I thought only seniors have statistics classes?” I asked.
 
“Oh… I’m just studying ahead,” she replied. “My appa… the real one… he was the founder and CEO of a statistical firm in England and later on branched to Italy. I want to expand it here when I finish up… Appa always wanted to have a branch here in Korea.”
 
“So that’s why you’re here?” I asked with a smile. “You want to learn about Korean culture so that when you’re ready, you can start up a business that your father founded.”
 
“Yeah,” she nodded.
 
“You should take up statistics as a course, then,” I recommended. “I know you’ll be very good at it.”
 
“Ne, oppa. I will,” she smiled at me.
 
“That’s sweet of you… to do things for your appa,” I said. “I admire that very much.” I kissed her cheek.
 
“Oppa…” she shyly mumbled as her cheeks turned red.
 
I chuckled. “What time is it?” I asked.
 
“Half past six,” she replied.
 
“What?” I stood up and checked the time. It really was half past six. “Oh! I need to go. Appa will kill me if I get home late.”
 
“Oh…” she said, standing up. She helped me fix my things. “Kyu, bring some food with you.”
 
I shook my head. “Thanks, but I’ll be eating at home. Eomma likes cooking anyway. Eat those instead.”
 
She smiled and nodded. “Okay. Thank you!”

I put on my coat and got my bag. “I better go now. I had fun today,” I said, cupping her cheek.
 
She tipped her toes and kissed me quick. “Take care, oppa. I’ll see you in school! Thank you for today.”
 
“Anything for my angel,” I smiled. “But ei, that’s not how you kiss goodbye to your boyfriend,” I chuckled. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my lips on hers for seconds. “That’s how you say goodbye,” I whispered.
 
She chuckled. She pulled my shirt towards her. “One more,” she whispered before meeting my lips with hers.
 
 
 
Time quickly passed. We were both busy with our studies yet we managed to find time with each other at least once a week, besides our lunch dates at the school rooftop. OUr love for each other kept growing and never faltered.
 
Now it was winter. Christmas, in fact. I was at her building’s lobby, waiting. Kyesin came out of the elevator, looking extremely adorable with her beige coat, black scarf and black gloves. In her hands were a box of cake and a bottle of wine. She came running towards me and I welcomed her with a big and tight hug.
 
“Merry Christmas, oppa!” she greeted.
 
“Merry Christmas, Kye,” I said before kissing her. Even until now, my heart goes haywire when my lips touch hers. “Shall we?” she nodded. We rode on her black sedan. I held her hand. “are you cold?” I asked, blowing into her hand.
 
She shook her head. “No, not really. Nervous, actually,” she chuckled.
 
“Nervous?” I asked. “You’re so calm in contests and competitions but you’re nervous over this?”
 
“I’m meeting our family, Kyu! What if they don’t like me?” she asked.
 
Yes, that was right. She was meeting my family. Truth is, she was supposed to go back to London for the holidays but her father and brother are out of town for business during that period so she decided to stay instead. I didn’t want her to be all alone on Christmas so I invited her to celebrate it with me and my family.
 
I chuckled and brushed her hair with my hand. “Aw…. You’re adorable but that won’t happen. I’m certain that they will like you. My mom actually already does.”
 
“I still have your dad and sister to impress,” she pouted.
 
I laughed. She was so cute. “Hey, you won me over, didn’t you? Then winning them over will be a piece of cake.”
 
She sighed. “I just hope it really is that easy.”
 
“Really, Kye. Just relax,” I told her before putting my arms around her shoulders and kissing her head. “I love you, okay? And It’s Christmas. You should be happy.” I kissed her cheek.
 
She looked at me and smiled. “But I am. I’m happy that I get to spend it with you.”

“Ahh… our first Christmas together. How many more do you think we’ll have? A hundred?”
 
She laughed at me. “I admire that you think we’d last that long but do you really think you’ll grow to a hundred and eighteen years old?”
 
“Well as long as I’m still with you, then I’ll be fine,” I said.
 
She smiled at me before placing her lips against mine for a quick kiss. “You are one smooth talker , Cho Kyuhyun.”
 
We arrived in my house in a few minutes. We stood in front of my door for seconds. I was waiting for her to be ready.
 
“Can’t I have a good luck kiss or something?” she asked nervously.
 
I laughed. I spun her to face me, cupped her face between my hands and kissed her – deep. “Ready?”
 
She took a deep breath and nodded. “Stay beside me, okay?”
 
“I will.”
 
I opened the door to my house and we went in. “I’m home!” I called. Eomma quickly ran to welcome us both. Kyesin quickly bowed ninety degrees.
 
“Yah! What are you doing?” eomma asked. “Stand up! Stand up! You don’t have to bow down low,” she said.
 
“But Kyuhyun eomoni…”
 
“Ei~ I would love anyone who is caring enough to bring my son food and medicine with he’s sick,” she said.
 
Appa then came and welcomed us. Kyesin bowed again. “Aigoo, Kyuhyun. Your girlfriend is so polite!”
 
“Appa, she badly wants to impress you,” I said.
 
Kyesin’s face turned red. “I… I brought cake and wine,” she said. “Oh! Merry Christmas!”
 
“Oh, lovely. How thoughtful!” Eomma said, taking the cake from Kye. “Thank you.”
 
I took Kyesin’s hand and we went inside the house. My Ahra noona was setting the table. “Noona, this is my girlfriend, Kyesin.”
 
“Annyeong haseyo eonnie!” Kyesin bowed low again.
 
“Hi! I heard a lot about you,” noona smiled.
 
“Oh…”
 
“Yeah, Kyuhyun doesn’t stop talking about you, actually,” she laughed.
 
“Noona!” I blushed, flustered.
 
“I’m glad you two got along. Really,” she smiled. “You see, I was a bit worried for Kyu since guys his age think about dating but Kyuhyun doesn’t. And then, all of the sudden, he comes home from that Olympiad training slash field trip talking about this girl who’s, what’s that again, Kyu? ‘Out of this world beautiful’?”
 
“Noona!”
 
“Ei why get all shy now? She’s your girlfriend!” she laughed. She really likes teasing me.
 
Kyesin smiled widely at me and squeezed my hand. “Oppa has been making me really happy, eonnie.”
 
“He should,” noona glared at me. “But anyway, welcome to the family. If my mother likes you, then I do too.”
 
“Thank you, eonnie,” she smiled.
 
“See? I told you they will like you,” I whispered at her.
 
“Everyone take a seat. Let’s all eat,” Appa said, taking one end of the table. Eomma took the other end. I sat beside appa and Kye sat beside me.
 
I smiled at Kyesin. Everything is perfect now.
 
 
 
“Eomoni, let me. Go take a rest,” Kyesin said, taking the dishes from eomma.
 
“Ei~ you’re our guest!” eomma said. “It’s fine, I can do this.” She put the plates in the sink.
 
“Eomoni, please.”
 
“Just help me with this then,” eomma smiled. “I’ll soap and you rinse, okay?”
 
Kyesin nodded. “Arasso, eomoni.”
 
“She’s really kind, Kyuhyun,” appa whispered as we, noona, appa and I, cleaned the table. “Have you met her family already?”
 
I shook my head. “They haven’t come to Korea yet,” I said. They already knew that she was adopted. He nodded.
 
“Look at her,” noona said with a sweet smile. “She already loves eomma.” I couldn’t help but smile as well.
 
“Your eomma is already treating her like family, don’t you think?” appa chuckled. “You can’t let her go, Kyuhyun, alright?”
 
“Don’t worry, appa. I have no plans to,” I said.
 
I put the cloth at the sink. “Eomma?” I asked. “Can I take Kye up to my room?”
 
“Sure, honey,” eomma smiled at me.
 
“Come Kye,” I said.
 
“But oppa… I’m helping eomoni…” she argued.
 
“Go,” eomma said with a big smile.
 
“oh.. o-okay…” She washed her hands and dried them. I took them, lacing her fingers with mine and pulled her to my bedroom.
 
“Appa likes you a lot,” I whispered to her as I opened the door.
 
“Really?” she asked.
 
“Mhm… noona too,” I said. We went inside my room. “And I… I love you.” I put my arms around her and hugged her tight.
 
“Mhm… You really know how to mush me up,” she whispered, hugging me back. “You know… I haven’t had this much fun on Christmas.”
 
“Really?” I asked, pulling her to my bed. She sat down with her feet up.
 
She nodded. “Christmas in London is usually just me and James having dinner, but instead of asking the staff to cook for us, we cook for them. It is fun, but it gets lonely since it’s just the two of us. I love my brother, don’t get me wrong, but I wished I could spend it with more people. That’s why I loved today. Thank you for spending Christmas with me.”
 
I smiled at her. “Thank you too... For wanting to spend it with me.”
 
She dug into her bag and took out a box with a ribbon on it. “Merry Christmas, oppa.”
 
“What’s this?” I asked.
 
“Just open it,” she smiled wide.
 
I took the ribbon off and opened the box. Inside was a Polaroid. “Oh, wow!” I exclaimed.
 
“Do you like it?”
 
“Of course! I love it. Thank you,” I said and hugged her. I stood up, went to my desk and got a box from my drawer. I went back to the bed. “Give me your hand,” I instructed.
 
“Why?” she asked as she held out her arm.
 
I opened the box and took out the silver jewelry inside. “It’s not much, but I think it really suits you well… I wanted to put more charms on, but I didn’t know it would be expensive…” I said as I put on the charm bracelet on her right arm. “But I promise, I will buy a charm for every single precious memory we will have. Valentines’ Day, White Day, our anniversary…”
 
“Oh, Kyuhyun, it’s beautiful!” she said. “Thank you.”
 
“It’s not much…”
 
“What are you talking about? I like it. I like it a lot!” She said with a smile.
 
I smiled back at her, cupping her face between my hands. “I love you very much, Park Kyesin.”
 
I pressed my lips against hers. My heart fluttered like a butterfly’s wings. I was so happy.
 
One… two… three… four… five… six… seven… eight… nine… ten…
 
Our kiss lasted for ten seconds. The longest we have ever kissed. My head was up in the clouds when she muttered against my lips the words I have been dying to hear.
 
“I love you, Kyuhyun.”
 
 
 
 
I stood by the school gates and waited patiently for Park Kyesin to come out. My heart was already fluttering. Why? Because today marks our 100th day together. Luckily, we didn’t have any training today since there was a faculty meeting. And it was Friday, there were no classes the next day.
 
When she walked out of the gates, my heart nearly stopped. She glowed like sunshine. I ran up to her and caught her hand. “Aren’t you going to say goodbye to your boyfriend?” I asked.
 
“Oppa,” she blushed. “I was looking for you in campus. I thought you’d still be there.”
 
“Ahh…” I laughed. “Do you have anything to do? Would you mind if I spent the rest of the day with you?”
 
She smiled at me and shook her head. “I’m free, Kyu oppa.”
 
“Great!” I grinned. “Do you want to watch a movie with me? Eomma just bought a CD of Titanic.”
 
“Titanic? I haven’t watched that,” she said.
 
“Really?”
 
She nodded. “But I heard it’s really great.”
 
“It is,” I replied.  I laced my fingers with hers as we walked. Our schoolmates were all whispering and looking at us, but I ignored them. Sorry, but she chose me.
 
“Mhm… shall we watch it in my place?” she asked.
 
“If that’s okay with you,” I smiled.
 
She nodded. “Oh! Let’s buy food as well,” she suggested.
 
“That’s a good idea, Kye. What do you want to eat?”
 
“Hmm…” She squinted her eyes, deep in thought. So cute! “I think I’m craving for pizza.”
 
“That sounds nice,” I said. “I know somewhere that serves good pizza. With extra cheese.”
 
She laughed. “When we grow up, I’ll bring you to Naples, Kyu. They serve the best pizza in the world.”
 
“Naples?”
 
“In Italy,” she smiled a bittersweet smile. “We used to go there a lot when I was little just to eat pizza. It’s a little…rowdy… but it’s the culture Naples.”
 
I smiled at her. “Do you think we’d still be together by then?”
 
She looked at me, shocked. “Wh-why? Do you think we will not last, oppa?”
 
“Oh no, don’t think of it that way,” I shook my head. “I’m just amazed that you can see a future ahead of us… because I do too.”
 
“Oh…” she said. “Well… I want to do a lot of things with you… I want to travel with you… I want to eat different kinds of food with you…”
 
“I do want those things with you too,” I said. “Until we grow old.”
 
Kyesin blushed red. “Ei this is getting cheesy…” she said.
 
I laughed. We went in the pizza parlor and ordered a Margherita Pizza. It turns out, the owner of the restaurant was there and he was half Italian. Overjoyed to find someone of her race in Korea, Kyesin started talking to him in straight Italian. I loved how it sounded – their language. It sounded beautiful with the Italian rolling r and the distinct Italian diction. The owner was amazed at her and adored her that he gave us discounts for the pizza.
 
“Hey Kye,” I said as we were walking to her place. My right hand is laced with hers and my left was holding the pizza.
 
“Hmm???” she asked.
 
“You have to teach me Italian,” I said.
 
She laughed. “Why?”
 
“So I could get a discount at that pizza parlor again,” I explained.
 
She laughed again. “What do you want to know?”
 
“Hmm… what is ‘Hello, I am Kyuhyun’ in Italian?”
 
“Well, you can say, ‘Ciao, mi chiamo Kyuhyun!’ which means ‘Hello, My name is Kyuhyun’,” she said.
 
“Ah… shao, mi giamo Kyuhyun!”
 
“Ani, ani,” she shook her head, laughing. “It’s pronounced ‘chao. Mi kiamo’.”
 
“Ah! Ciao. Mi chiamo, Kyuhyun!”
 
“Good! Then, thank you in Italian is ‘grazie’.”
 
“grachi?”
 
“Gratzi,” she corrected.
 
“Oh… Grazie!”
 
“Right! What else do you want to know?”
 
“hmmm.. How do you say, ‘I love you’?”
 
“Ti amo,” she replied.
 
“Ti amo~” I said perfectly.
 
“Great!”
 
“Ti amo, Kyesin,” I said.
 
She blushed and held my arm. “Anch’io ti amo, amore mio,” she said.
 
“Wait wait wait! You haven’t taught me that. What did you say?” I asked.
 
“I said, ‘I love you too, my darling’.”
 
“Oh… Italian sounds really beautiful.”
 
She chuckled. “Really?”
 
“Yeah… I don’t know if it’s just me but there’s already a lot of passion when you speak alone,” I said.
 
“Mhmm…” Her feet stopped moving and she faced me. “There’s one more sentence I want to teach you.”
 
“Alright. What’s that?” I smiled.
 
“’Sei il grande amore della mia vita’,” she said.
 
“sey il grrrande amorrre dela miyuh vita?” I said.
 
She nodded. “Great.”
 
“Sei il grande amore della mia vita!” I repeated. “What does that mean?
 
She smiled at me, tipped her toes and placed her lips on mine. “It means ‘You are the love of my life’.”
 
I smiled at her and brushed her face with the back of my hand. “Sei il grande amore della mia vita,” I said, staring into her sparkling hazel eyes before pressing my lips back on hers.
 
 
 
We got to her place after a few minutes. She put her things down and changed clothes as I set up the movie. I put the pizza box on the center table and sat on the giant sofa where we fell asleep before. I felt my cheeks burning as I remembered how I held her that afternoon.
 
“Hey,” Kyesin greeted as she walked in the living room. She was wearing a simple shirt and some ultra short shorts. I could feel myself blushing redder.
 
“Hi,” I said, clearing my throat. She sat beside me.
 
I clicked play on the remote and took one slice of pizza and handed it to her.
 
“Thanks,” she smiled.
 
I took one slice for myself and leaned back on the sofa. Kye put her feet up as she cutely bit on the pizza with her eyes glued to the screen. I put my arm around her and let her rest on my chest. What did I do to deserve this beautiful woman? I kissed her cheek.
 
She turned to me and smiled. “Wae?” she asked.
 
I shook my head. “Nothing… I just wanted to kiss you,” I whispered. Her cheeks flared as she bit her lip and looked down at her feet. “No, look at me,” I instructed, lifting her head up. “I’m extremely happy I met you.”
 
“Me too,” she replied with a big and warm smile. “But oppa… aren’t we going to watch the movie?”
 
I laughed. “Alright, alright. But don’t you dare fall for Leonardo di Caprio, okay?”
 
She chuckled, bells ringing softly in my ear. “I’ll try not to,” she said.
 
I embraced her as we watched the movie. Kye was totally in to it. She didn’t utter a single word. I, on the other hand, having already watched the movie, watched her instead. I don’t know how but I could do this all day…just stare at her breath-taking hazel eyes, her sharp and pointed nose, her thin soft lips…
 
She playfully covered my eyes during the scene where Kate Winslet lay on the sofa as Leonardo di Caprio drew her like ‘one of his French girls’. I laughed a lot, and let her do what she wanted. She covered them again during the scene.
 
“You’re younger than me,” I complained playfully. “I should be the one covering your eyes!”
 
She laughed. “No!!! You boys shouldn’t be watching these stuff!” I laughed and tore her hand off my eyes, and kept her hand in mine. “Ya ya!!!” she complained.
 
I chuckled as I stared into her hazel eyes. I brushed her face with my free hand and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “Do you know what day it is today, love?”
 
“Hmm???  The 13th?” she replied.
 
I smiled. “I don’t know if you celebrate it in England, but here, couples celebrate their 100th day together. And today is ours.”
 
“Oh, really! OH… WOW! I should’ve gotten you a gift,” she said.
 
I squeezed her hand and breathed deeply. My heart was beating fast. I breathed one more time. I took the velvet box from my pocket and opened it. I took the simple silver ring with seven rhinestones that shine beautifully out of the box and inserted it in her left ring finger. “Park Kyesin,” I started. “I know this may not be much, and it may not be as beautiful as other rings, and I’m sorry, but I love you. I’m mad in love with you. Please accept this ring as a promise that we will be together for a really long time, and that I will love you with all my heart.”
 
She smiled at the ring with watery eyes. “Oh, Kyu. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she said, hugging me tight. “It’s beautiful, Kyuhyun oppa. Thank you. And don’t worry. I’m not very particular with the value. What I love about it is the promise it represents.”
 
“Help me wear mine, then,” I said. “And make a speech too!”
 
She chuckled. She took my ring from the box and held my hand to insert the ring. “Cho Kyuhyun. Mr. Bung-o-pang. I love you. You’re the first man I have ever loved like this, and I want this love to last. I promise I will remain faithful to you and support you with all your endeavors. I will make sure we eat well, sleep well and do well in school. I love you. I love you. I love you.” She then cupped my face between her hands and looked straight into my eyes. “Ti amo, Kyuhyun. Sei il grande amore della mia vita,” she said in her impeccable Italian accent before kissing me.
 
My hands travelled down to her hips and pulled her so that she was sitting on top of me on the sofa as our lips moved against each other. I wrapped my arms around her, making sure to minimize the space between our bodies.
 
We let the movie play in the background while our lips and tongues found each other. She held me close to her and I loved how she wanted to be near me as well. She pulled my clothes, as I pulled hers. She pressed her body against mine as I pulled her down to me. It was amazing – this making out. We haven’t done this ever before so it should’ve been a foreign thing to us, but neither of us cared. To be honest, I have had indecent thoughts and in that moment, it has gone through my mind. That I wanted to bring her to the bedroom and lay her on the bed. That I wanted to press my body on top of hers and make her whisper my name. That I wanted to kiss every little bare skin possible. That I wanted to tear her clothes off. That I wanted to make love to her like the way Jack did with Rose.
 
But we were young, especially her, and I don’t think she’s ready for any of those right now. So I had to put aside my desires and settle for this. Anyway, this was beyond what I really want: which is to be hers.
 
That day was one of the best days of my life.
 
It’s a shame it had to end.
 
 
 
We’ve been very busy with school work, especially now that I was graduating, and her with her endless contests. She’s been winning every single one of them, though I know she’s quite hesitant to join since she just moved here. But nonetheless, she does as the teacher insists.
 
Kyesin and my mom have been spending bucketloads of time together. It’s actually my mom who invites her over all the time. She would, immediately, do so. They would cook together and talk about anything under the sun. My mom adored her, and Kyesin loves her as well. I asked my mom to tone it down a bit because it might be bothering her but both insisted that they want to meet as much as possible. I guess eomma was able to fill the void of her having no mother for years.
 
That’s why when I told eomma I won’t be taking her to prom, she was devastated.
 
No, we didn’t break up. She had a Math contest at Singapore a week before prom and will only get back on the night of. She was really sad about it, and so was I. We were both looking forward to it but then, of course, school work comes first.
 
But then, of course, I thought of a plan. I was still bringing her to prom. I won’t go if she isn’t my date. I didn’t care either if we were late or if we arrive just 10 minutes til midnight. I want to be with her that day. So I asked the help of my mom, knowing that she would immediately say yes, and from my noona, who was more than happy to lend a hand.
 
On the day, I waited outside her place wearing the tuxedo eomma had bought for me. When the elevator doors opened, out came Park Kyesin in her school’s varsity jacket and bag. Around her neck hung three gold models.
 
Her hazel eyes sparkled as soon as she saw me. “Oppa!” she greeted with a big smile and ran towards me, pulling her luggage. “What are you doing here? I thought you had prom,” she said.
 
“I do,” I smiled at her.
 
“Oh, you’re late already! But you look really really handsome,” she smiled.
 
“I wanted to go to prom…” I started. “But I don’t want to go without you.”
 
Her cheeks turned pink. “Oh… But I haven’t prepared anything…”
 
I grinned widely at her and opened her door (I knew her code). I took her hand in mine and pulled her inside.
 
“Eomoni? Eonni? What are you doing here?” she asked.
 
“Come with us!” Eonni grinned at her and pulled her to the bedroom. Eomoni excitedly followed.  Kye looked back at me, very confused before she disappeared into her bedroom.
 
I sat at the living room, and waited patiently. It took them around half an hour to finish and when Ahra noona went out of her bedroom with a gigantic teasing smile, I knew I needed to prepare my heart.
 
“I’m telling you, Kyu-Kyu. You’re gonna thank me a lot later,” she smirked at me.
 
Eomma went out of the room, also with a giant smile on her face. “Oh, Kyu. You picked such a beautiful woman.”
 
Park Kyesin stepped out in her skin tone long sleeved lace dress which hugged her body perfectly,  showing off her curves. Her hair was up in a neat bun with just a couple of curly locks hanging down the either side of her face. Ahra noona kept her make-up simple and natural, highlighting her most beautiful features: her thin red lips, sharp nose, fair and clear skin, and of course, her stunning hazel eyes. She looked absolutely divine.
 
She smiled at me shyly as she approached me. “Hi,” she greeted shyly.
 
“Oh… uh… hi…” I said, out of words. I could feel my cheeks burning, like hers was. “You look…uhm…you look… beautiful. I mean…wow…”
 
“Thanks,” she blushed bright red.
 
“You two can compliment each other at the venue,” Ahra noona said. “You better go. You don’t have enough time to enjoy now.”
 
“Go,” eomma smiled. “We’ll fix the things here.”
 
Noona pushed us out of the room and into the elevator. “How-how are we going to get there?” she asked me.
 
“I asked a favor from Mr. Fred, and he was more than happy to help,” I answered.
 
“Oh…” she said.
 
I shyly took her hand in mine. She looked down timidly at her feet as she smiled to herself. “Oppa… I’m sorry I’m made you late for prom,” she said.
 
“It’s okay. I wouldn’t want to go without you anyway,” I smiled. “oh... I heard that you won. Congratulations!”
 
“Thanks,” she smiled at me.
 
“I knew you’d win,” I said. She chuckled.
 
I pulled her out of the elevator and out the building. Mr. Fred was waiting outside with a big smile. “Miss Park, Mister Cho,” he greeted with a tiny bow.
 
I held out the door for her and got in after her. We rode to the hotel venue in silence. It was a nice kind of silence, though. Just the two of us at the back of her limousine with her hand in mine and her head on my shoulders.
 
Kyesin has always been sweet. She still is… even until now.
 
When we arrive at the venue, prom is already two hours done. We were welcomed by the photographer who took a picture of us in the beautiful arched entrance. We went further inside the venue. The program and the dinner buffet are both finished. The students were now at the dance floor with their dates enjoying the party.
 
“Kyu!” Ueno called me and waved.
 
We went towards him and his date – one of our classmates. Kye and Ueno have been acquainted already before. I often bring her along when my friends and I hang out. They eventually became really close friends too – Ueno, Moonyoung and Jaehyun. She wasn’t shy around them anymore, but she’s still shy when we’re alone. I mean, well, we’re almost always quite…hmmm… what’s the right word? Touchy? Or rather, Passionate? I guess? When we’re alone.
 
“you made it!” Ueno said. “With one hour to spare.”
 
“Well, I can’t go without my date, right?” I smiled at Kye.
 
“Well, I think there’s still food for you two,” Ueno said. “But excuse us. My date and I will be at the dance floor.”
 
“Are you hungry?” I asked.
 
Kyesin shook her head. “I ate at the plane. You? I can eat again if you’re hungry.”
 
I smiled at her. Kind as always. “I’m fine. I ate before waiting at your place.”
 
“Oh… I see…”
 
“Would you like to dance?” I asked.
 
She smiled at me. breathtaking. “I would love to.”
 
I pulled her to the dance floor and awkwardly placed my hands on her shoulders. “I… uhm…”
 
She laughed at me and took a step closer. She placed my hands firmly on her waist, and put hers around my neck. “You haven’t gone to dances that often, have you, Kyu?”
 
“This would be my first…with someone, I mean…” I chuckled shyly.
 
She smiled. “Oh… My brother and I go to dances often back in England,” she said. “Charity balls, actually.”
 
My hands instinctively pulled her closer to me as I was fumed up by a wee bit of jealousy. “Did you dance with anybody?”
 
Sensing my mood, Kye stepped even closer and rest her head on my chest. “No one remarkable,” she answered.
 
My heart raced again and my arms unconsciously wrapped themselves around her tiny waist. We swayed with the music from side to side. “Kye…”
 
“Hmm?” she hummed, hugging me back.
 
“Thanks for coming with me,” I said. “I know you must be tired from the trip and the contests but—“
 
“I want to be here with you, oppa,” she said.
 
“I’ve been thinking about what you said… about my dream,” I whispered.
 
“And?”
 
“And there’s an audition an SM Entertainment a couple of weeks from now. In March. I’d like to give it a try… I know appa will be mad at me but… this is what I really want to be. I want to be a singer. I mean, if I don’t pass, then I’m not good enough and maybe it’s not really for me,” I said.
 
She looked at me and cupped my face between her hands. “You have my support all the way, Kyuhyun.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“And if you want, I could come with you,” she smiled at me.
 
“That would be great. I will need some strength.”
 
She placed her head back on my chest and embraced me. This is the closest we’ve ever been in a place surrounded by people we know and people that know us. I could feel people’s eyes on us but I didn’t care. She was mine and mine alone.
 
“I would be happy to give you some,” she chuckled.
 
Like I’ve said, Park Kyesin is kind. Overflowing with kindness. That’s why I never understood how she could even leave me.
 
“You mean so much to me…” I whispered, pressing my face on her hair.
 
“You mean so much to me, too,” she whispered.
 
My heart started pounding again. “I want to kiss you…”I admitted in a whisper. “But I’m afraid I might get you into trouble…”
 
Kye looked up at me with her sparkling hazel eyes. “I don’t care.”
 
My mind immediately disconnected with my body upon hearing those words. My lips tackled hers as my arms wrapped themselves tighter around her to pull her closer. She kissed me back with her soft warm lips.
 
“I love you, Kyu,” she muttered against my lips when we parted.
 
“I love you, Kye,” I replied before pressing my lips back on hers for a deeper kiss.
 
 
 
Everything seemed so good then. We were madly in love with each other. Even this early in our relationship, I could already see a future with her. Of course, I knew I still had to finish college and work a few years before getting married, but I couldn’t see any other girl to settle down with except her. I wanted us to have kids – a boy and a girl, in fact. I had already planned that before I turn 30, I’m going to marry her. Do an extravagant proposal that will sweep her off her feet and bring her into tears that she has no other option but to say ‘yes’. At eighteen years of age, I had already planned my whole life, and she played a big part of it.
 
But look where I am now. It’s 2015, I’m almost 27 and still single. All these plans I made nine years ago had crumbled and turned into dust with just one event: Park Kyesin leaving me. Among all those girls I’ve dated after her, never have I once saw any future with them. No one I was willing to settle down with, nor just plainly seeing us still together after five years.
 
Kim Heechul was right. It was because no one will be ever as good as Park Kyesin to me. She was kind, selfless and sweet. No one has ever matched her levels. She made me extremely happy just by hearing her voice or seeing her hazel eyes. I love her with all my heart.
 
But then she suddenly left me. Why is that?
 
I want to know.

--------

hey everyone! Thanks for reading!

please make sure to leave a COMMENT below :)

i'm quite busy these days with work so I'm not sure if I can update again next week but I promise I will do my best :)