Business.

Hate That I Love You

Kyuhyun

 

The life as an idol has its perks. It’s not the money or the fame or people recognizing you in the streets. But the connections, and things you can do with it.

 

I did a lot of thinking. For days. I thought about it for days. And I made up my mind.

 

Changmin's question during the New Year's Eve Party caught me off guard. I couldn't sleep that night, looking for the answer. For days I thought. And then I finally had one.

 

It's not that I haven't moved on. It was seeing her smile and laugh with that American guy, whatever his name is. No, I don't want her to be happy. I want her to see how much pain she caused me. I want her to feel it too.

 

It's very evil of me, yes. That's why they call me evil maknae, right? I'm not normally like this with girls I date, but when she left me, it took me one and a half year, even more, to feel fine and start again.

 

So I asked Junghoon hyung, Prince Manager as fans would call him, to do a little research. To look for Park Kyesin and where she works. As an idol, I can do this. I have the money. I have the resources. It was easy.

 

"Kyuhyun, are you sure about this?" Manager hyung asked me as he handed the paper with the details about Park Kyesin.

 

"Hyung, don't worry about me," I grinned at him.

 

"Be careful, Kyuhyun-ah," he warned.

 

"Hyung. I will."

 

"I am serious Kyuhyun," he spoke clearly. "The netizens now are like hawks. They have no mercy either. It would crush your career if a rumor comes out. Especially now that you've just debut as a solo artist."

 

"I'm not gonna date her," I groaned. "But yes, I will be careful."

 

"If ever I hear a rumor about you and that girl, I swear you'll get hit," he said.

 

It’s bad enough that I got a sermon from Siwon hyung about revenge is bad and such. Now manager hyung is scolding me about rumors. Of course, I’ll be careful. I don’t want to get caught in those. Rumors can basically kill one’s career nowadays.

 

But Prince manager hyung didn't know Kye. He wasn't my manager yet when she was around. So he doesn't know the things she has done.

 

I scanned through the file. Park Kyesin is now working as the CEO of SSE, a growing statistical firm. "Statistician, eh?" I muttered to myself, sighing. She still followed what I wanted for her...

 

I closed the folder and searched the internet for the firm. The firm handles any statistics needs of other companies and even personal businesses. One could hire their statisticians to do any math they need. To be a CEO of that kind of big firm at an early age...that's so Kyesin. Ah, hardworking as ever.

 

"hyung!" I called manager.

 

"What now, Kyu?"

 

"Can you please call the statistical firm?" I grinned. "Tell them I want to hire her."

 

"She's the CEO, Kyu. I don't think they'll allow that," he said.

 

"Ei~ force them! I really want her for MOM House. I know she's really smart and hardworking," I said. MOM House is the hostel and dormitory I had built up. My fans usually stay there when they’re in Korea.

 

Hyung knit his brows. "For MOM House?" He asked.

 

"Ne~ I thought it's time to hire a statistician. So I could keep track of the earnings and consult her to know whatever can make the business grow more," I said.

 

"So... You didn't search for her because you want to date her?" He asked, confused.

 

"What?!" I guffawed. "No way hyung!"

 

He shrugged. "Okay then. Weird… you just learned of her occupation today. but Yah~ she's really pretty so don't come crying to me if you fall her. It's against most company policies for the employer to fall for employees," he said. “I know your type and how you are with non-celebrities. Be careful.”

 

"Trust me hyung. That won't happen," I chuckled.

 

Manager hyung called her firm that day. He spoke a long time on the phone, arguing and pleading to my request. We eventually got it and she is set to go to MOM House tomorrow and meet her employer. It’s too bad I couldn’t go since I have Radio Star recording but I have something in mind that will be just as good.

 

I grabbed my phone and smiled at myself. My evil plan is about to commence.

 

This is going to be fun.




 

Kyesin

 

“You sly girl!” Emma, a trusted business partner and sibling to my close friend Dean, came barging into my office.

 

“Excuse me?” I said.

 

She had this big grin on her face. “There is something you’re not telling me.”

 

“Uhm… that we got the job at SKE?” I said, utterly confused.

 

“What? They took us?” she asked and I nodded.

 

“They just emailed,” I said.

 

“Yes! That’s great!” she clapped her hands. She suddenly shook her head. “No! Don’t you distract me, Park Kyesin!”

 

“What the hell are you talking about Emma?” I chuckled. We were really getting close.

 

She leaned in on my table with a smirk dancing on her face. “I know what happened on New Year’s Eve.”

 

I rolled my eyes at her. “oh come on. Just that? You barge in as if I’ve done something so bad! You’re gonna give me a heartattack!”

 

“You’re dating my brother!” she said excitedly.

 

“We’re not dating,” I said, and continued to do paperwork.

 

“Ei~ No need to lie,” she said.

 

“I’m not. We’re just….hanging out…”

 

“At every possible hour you’re available!” She laughed. “I’m happy for you two, really. My brother says you haven’t dated for years.”

 

Yes. I haven’t. Because all those years I’ve never opened my heart to anyone but to Cho Kyuhyun.

 

And now I’m wondering whether that was a mistake.

 

“Mhm, your brother didn’t date either.”

 

“Well, yeah, coz he’s madly in love with you!”

 

I breathed deeply. “Emma, are you here just to tease me?”

 

“Yes,” She grinned wide. She sat down on the couch at the corner of the room. “I really really like you. I hope we’ll be friends for a long time.”

 

“Hey, if your brother won’t quit following me around then I’m sure we will,” I joked.

 

Emma guffawed. “Then we’ll be friends forever!”

 

I rolled my eyes at her again. “Don’t you have work to do?”

 

“All done, dear,” she grinned.

 

Suddenly, my assistant came in. “Excuse me, ma’am, but we have a situation.”

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“There’s a man over the phone that wants to hire one of our statisticians. The problem is he only wants you, Ma’am,” she explained.

 

“Me? What’s his purpose?”

 

“It’s for his personal business, Ma’am,” she replied.

 

“Tell him I don’t usually handle personal businesses,” I said.

 

“But we did, Ma’am. And he still wouldn’t give up. He won’t hang up. They’ve been talking to him for three hours,” she said, obviously stressed. “He said you’re the only one whom he knows that could do well. He said he was recommended to you by someone from America, and that he’s willing to pay.”

 

I sighed. “Alright fine. Please tell him I’ll meet him tomorrow. What kind of business is it?”

 

“Uhm.. hostel and dormitory, Ma’am,” she replied. I nodded. she bowed and went out.

 

“What kind of person would need a CEO statistician for his dormitory business? I mean, would he even be able to afford hiring one?” I asked. “Our firm is still growing so our rates aren’t as high as the ones outside the country, but still, hiring a statistician would cost a lot.”

 

“Oh, maybe he’s a stalker,” Emma laughed.

 

And she was right. Kind of. I should’ve listened.


 

I went to the address they gave out the next day. MOM House. Music of Mountain? I took one deep breath and went in.

 

And I wish I shouldn’t have.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s face was everywhere. Literally. Every corner, every wall… there’s a picture of him. A couple of people were there. It seems like there’s a coffee shop here too.

 

What kind of business is this? His fans’ business?

 

“Yes, Ma’am?” A friendly woman dressed in an apron came to me. She must’ve been confused as to why I was just standing by the door.

 

“u-u-uhm.. yes,” I replied. “I’m the statistician? I’m supposed to meet with the owner today.”

 

“Oh, yes,” she nodded. “Please follow me. The owner is really busy so you’ll be meeting with his mom instead. Don’t worry she’s really a nice person.”

 

I nodded. “okay.”

 

What on earth is happening?

 

We entered one of the staff rooms. “Ma’am, the statistician is here,” the girl whispered after knocking a little. She then gestured me to go in and closed the door behind me.

 

The aged woman stood up from her computer chair and turned to meet me.

 

But as soon as our eyes met, a thousand pins struck through my heart. I felt like shattering, breaking, collapsing…

 

“Kyesin,” she breathed, just as surprised as I am.

 

I should’ve known. This was his business. This was Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Eo-eo-eomoni,” I stuttered. A lump on my throat was forming.

 

We looked at each other for seconds. We were both as confused as the other.

 

It dawned on me. Kyuhyun is doing this on purpose.

 

But why? To hurt me? To hurt me like I hurt him?

 

He really has changed.

 

“P-please, sit,” Eomoni spoke when she finally caught a grasp with what’s happening.

 

A light knock came from the door. “May I get you something?” one the workers asked.

 

“Tea for me. She’s allergic to tea so is coffee fine?,” eomoni said.

 

“Ne~ eomoni,” I replied.

 

I am allergic to tea. She even remembered.

 

We fell silent until the drinks came. It was so heartbreaking to see her again. She was already like family to me. She treated me like her own daughter, and I loved her like my own mother.

 

“I don’t know why Kyuhyunnie is doing this,” she started.

 

“Ah, eomoni… I don’t think Kyuhyun knows I’m the one he hired,” I lied.

 

“Does he know you're back?”

 

“Ne, eomoni,” I replied.

 

“I think he knows. But it’s been a long time since I saw you, Kyesin-ah,” she said with a genuine smile. “How long has it been?”

 

“Around seven years, eomoni,” I smiled faintly back. “I came back almost four months ago.”

 

“Ah jinjja? How have you been?”

 

“Good,” I replied. “Busy with work. Eomoni, how about you?”

 

“Ah~ the usual. Our Kyuhyunnie had this house built just last year,” she said. “He’s really busy nowadays. He comes sometimes.”

 

I nodded. “He must have a lot of work,” I said, looking down at my coffee.

 

Mrs. Cho reached for my hand. “You don’t have to do this if you’re not comfortable,” she said. Her eyes were soft and gentle. “I can tell Kyuhyunnie to hire another one.”

 

“Ani eomma,” I said, giving her a reassuring smile. “I’m here to do my job, nothing else.”

 

“Are you sure you’ll be alright with this?” she asked.

 

“Ne~ eomoni,” I nodded.

 

“Okay. I’m glad that at least I could trust you about our business,” she smiled.

 

“I can show you your profit rate, peak seasons, and basically everything you will need to know to make the business grow, eomoni. That’s my job.”

 

“Ah, I see. I know you’ll do well,” she said.

 

“Thank you for trusting me, eomoni… despite the events…”

 

“Uri Kyuhyunnie won’t tell me why you broke up...” she said. “He just became really sad about it for so long.”

 

“I left eomoni,” I answered, staring back at my coffee. I couldn’t look at her. “I took the scholarship and went to college in Stanford. I… I’m a bad person, eomoni,” I was starting to break down in tears.

 

“The Park Kyesin I knew would never do that unless there’s a good reason,” she said. “Was there?”

 

I pursed my lips and nodded. “I wasn’t going to at first...but…”

 

“yah, uri Kyuhyunnie made mistakes too,” she croon. “Don’t be embarrassed. I understand,” she said held my hands. “But past is past now. Let’s forget about that. I want to see you smile from now on, okay? you took really good care of my Kyuhyun. I’m forever grateful for that,” she said, grinning at me.

 

I chuckled and wiped the tear forming in my eye. “Mianhae, eomoni.”

 

“Yah, no need to be sorry! Aigoo, uri pretty Kyesin shouldn’t cry!” she said, comforting me. Until now she treats me like her own.

 

“Ne.. Kamsa, eomoni,” I said.

 

We both stood up. “Aigoo, it’s really nice to see you again,” she said walking up to me and giving me a nice warm hug. This is very nostalgic.

 

“You too, eomoni. I’ll come by once a week or every two weeks to collect data. I’ll be giving the reports monthly,” I said.

 

“Arasso, I’ll tell Kyuhyunnie. I’ll see you again soon. Next time you’re here, we’ll eat out,” she said.

 

“Sure, eomoni,” I said. I gave her one more hug. “I miss you,” I whispered.

 

“I miss you too, Kye,” she said.

 

“See you next week, eomoni," I waved goodbye and went out of the room.

 

I sighed, and looked up, trying to keep the tears away. Seeing Cho Kyuhyun's mom after such a long time...the woman who treated you like her own daughter...it was so heartbreakingly nostalgic.

 

I walked out of the building, avoiding to look at any of the walls for they were covered with Kyuhyun's face. I breathed deeply once I was out.

 

"Excuse me," I heard someone say from behind me.

 

"Yes?" I turned around.

 

. I knew who it was.

 

She breathed a gasp. "Kyesin!"

 

"Eonni," I bowed in respect. This girl was, and still is, Kyuhyun's fansite noona.

 

"It's been a long time," she said. "It's nice to see you again." She smiled.

 

"You too," I replied.

 

"Uhm... I know it's not my business but are you.....again?" She asked quietly.

 

"Oh, no," I shook my head fervently. "i'm their statistician."

 

She was the only fansite who knew about Kyuhyun and me before. We both trusted her. And she remained loyal to us. She kept it a secret and supported us quietly.

 

"Oh, did Kyuhyun  hire you?"

 

"I think so," i smiled warily at her.

 

Cho Kyuhyun. My new employer.

 

This is going to be torture.

---------

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for the short update but I promise I will come back tomorrow with a longer one :)

please do COMMENT your thoughts below and UPVOTE if you liked it!

Thanks for reading :)