Once Were Lovers - Chapter 15

Once Were Lovers

With a torch in hand, Sunggyu frantically searched the surroundings.  He had been searching for hours non stop from the moment he came out of the house and only found Mori.  Panicked kicked in when he realised that Woohyun was nowhere to be found.

Sunggyu's hopes were lifted when he caught sight of the puppy loitering by the edge of a cliff.  He had hoped to find Woohyun nearby but there was no sign of him.  He could not help but think that something terrible had happened to Woohyun.

"Woohyun, please be alright."


The man slowly regained consciousness to find his body enveloped in warmth.  He slowly opened his eyes to find that he was sitting beside Woohyun, wrapped in the younger one's arms.  Woohyun had taken off his coat and wrapped it over both their bodies.

Woohyun smiled with relief when he saw the man looking at him.  "It's warmer if we sit close together like this."

"You..." the man began with slight hesitation.  "You shouldn't be too trusting towards people.  What if they're bad people?"

Woohyun smiled.  "You're not a bad person."

"What makes you say that?" the man asked.

"Because you let me play with your camera and you didn't yell at me when it broke," Woohyun announced.  "You're a good person."

The man let out a soft laughter.  "You're probably the only one who thinks that."

"Ah!" Woohyun exclaimed as if he had just remembered something.  "My name is Woohyun.  What's your name?"

"My name?" the man asked bitterly.

Woohyun nodded his head with anticipation.

A solemn look etched upon the man's face.  "Myungsoo."

Their conversation was interrupted when they saw a flash of light in the distance.  A voice was calling out a name which became clearer as the light approached closer.

"Looks like someone's finally found us," said Myungsoo.

"Woohyun!" the voice called out.

Woohyun's face beamed with delight when he heard his name being called.  "It's Sunggyu!" he exclaimed as he got up and walked a few steps forward.  "Sunggyu!  I'm here!"

Upon hearing Woohyun's voice, Sunggyu hurried on ahead.  He shone his torch in the direction of Woohyun's voice.  In the distance, he could make out a figure standing there.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu called out as he rushed over.

"Sunggyu!  You came.  I waited so long," said Woohyun.

Sunggyu pulled the younger man in his arms and embraced him tightly.  "You had me so worried."

"Sunggyu, can't breathe," said Woohyun, realising how tightly Sunggyu was holding him.

Sunggyu finally released his hold.  "Are you alright?  Are you hurt?"

"I'm alright," Woohyun replied.  "Where's puppy?"

"He's fine.  He's back at the house with Mori," replied Sunggyu.  "What happened?" 

"We fell down here," Woohyun replied.  "But Myungsoo hurt his leg so we couldn't go anywhere."

Sunggyu frowned.  "Myungsoo?"

Only when Sunggyu glanced behind Woohyun did he see the figure standing there.  Sunggyu's eyes widened in shock.  He immediately pulled Woohyun behind him, much to Woohyun's surprise.  Without warning, Sunggyu drew out his gun and aimed it at the figure.

"L."