Once Were Lovers - Chapter 13

Once Were Lovers

The moment Sunggyu pulled up in front of the large luxury log cabin, Woohyun and Mori's eyes widened with excitement as they stared in awe at the vast scenery covered in a thick blanket of snow.  Sunggyu could not help but smile at their reactions.

"Do you like this place?" Sunggyu asked as he turned to look at Woohyun, who couldn't contain his excitement.

Woohyun nodded enthusiastically.  "I love snow!" he announced happily as he picked up a handful of snow and examined it at close proximity.

Sunggyu smiled.  "I know."

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with a puzzled look.  "How do you know?"

"You told me once before that you wanted to go to the mountains," Sunggyu replied.  "That's why we came here."  Though you probably don't remember right now.

"Can we build a snowman?" Mori asked excitedly.

"We will," Sunggyu replied.  "But we need to unpack first and then have some lunch."

He carried the bags of their belongings from the car and ushered the boys inside the luxurious double storey home.  Whilst the boys explored the rooms, Sunggyu unpacked their belongings and then made lunch.  


Woohyun and Mori were playing outside while Sunggyu cleaned the dishes inside.

"Don't wander off anywhere," Sunggyu had instructed them but of course children never listen.

The two were building a snowman in the front of the home when Woohyun noticed that the puppy had wandered off into the distance.  He immediately chased after it, leaving Mori to continue building the snowman by himself.

Woohyun had no idea how far he had gone until he turned to look back and realised that he could no longer see the large house.  He wondered if he was lost but he was determined to find his puppy.  He continued walking further and further ahead until he caught sight of a figure in the distance.


The man, standing on the edge of the snowy mountain cliff, had been taking photos of the beautiful white landscape when he noticed a small puppy beside him.  A lover of animals, he could not help but took interest in the small puppy.  He turned off his camera and crouched down beside the puppy to pat it.

"And who are you?" he asked, talking to the puppy.  "What are you doing here all alone?  Where is your owner?"  As the man looked around for the owner, he saw a person approaching him.

Woohyun ran over towards the man and smiled when he saw the puppy.  "Found you."

The man looked at the young man smiling happily.  "Is he yours?"

Woohyun hesitated a moment before slowly nodding his head  He contemplated on telling the man that they found the puppy but he was afraid that the man would not let him keep the puppy.

The man only smiled.

Woohyun looked at the man with much curiosity when he saw the camera in his hand.  "What are you doing?" Woohyun asked, indicating to the camera.

"I'm taking taking photos," the man replied.

Woohyun tilted his head in contemplation.  "Why?"

"I'm a photographer.  It's my job, plus the scenery here is breathtaking.  Don't you think so?"

Woohyun nodded.  "Can I see?"

The man smiled at Woohyun's curiosity and straightforwardness.  "Sure," he replied, handing Woohyun his camera without hesitation.

After clicking through all the shots that the man had taken, Woohyun looked at him.  "Can I try?"

The man smiled, understanding that Woohyun wanted to try taking a photo himself.  "Sure."

Woohyun's face beamed with a bright smile.

"Okay, look through here, aim and then press this button when you want to take the photo," the man instructed.

Woohyun did as he was shown but the more photos he took, the further out onto the edge he stepped.

"Watch out!" the man shouted as he reached out to pull Woohyun back but it was too late as they both toppled over the edge of the cliff.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Guess who?  It's pretty obvious, right?