Once Were Lovers - Chapter 14

Once Were Lovers

Woohyun slowly regained consciousness to find himself lying on top of the unconscious man's body.  Though unconscious, the man still had his arms wrapped around Woohyun's body as if to protect Woohyun and take the full brunt of the impact.  Woohyun quickly climbed off the unconscious man's body and gently shook him to wake him up.

"Hey, wake up," he cried.  "Don't die."

The man stirred and slowly opened his eyes.  He smiled when he saw Woohyun staring at him with a worried look in his eyes.  "Are you alright?" the man asked, despite being the one lying on the ground.

Woohyun nodded but a frown appeared on his face when he saw the man's camera nearby which had been smashed beyond repair.  "It's broken."

The man glanced in the direction Woohyun was looking at.  Despite seeing his prized possession smashed to pieces, the man smiled.  "It's fine," he assured the worried looking boy.  "I can always get another one.  The important thing is that you're okay."

"I'm okay," said Woohyun as he glanced up at the cliff above.  It was a long way up.  "How do we get back up?"

"The man pulled himself up but struggled to stand.  "That's impossible for me, I'm afraid."

That was when Woohyun looked down at the man's leg and saw blood trickling down from it.  Woohyun's eyes widened in horror.  "You're bleeding."

The man pulled up the trouser on his right leg and examined the source of his bleeding.  "It's just a small wound," he announced as he pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wrapped it around his leg.  "But, I think my ankle is sprained."

"What do we do now?" Woohyun asked.

"We'll have to call for help," said the man as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone.  A frown etched upon his face when he saw the cracked screen.  He tried to turn the phone back on but it remained dead.  "What luck!  It's broken too."

Woohyun pouted anxiously.  "What are we going to do?"

"It's okay," the man said, trying to comfort the worried boy.  "We'll just have to wait.  My friends will come looking for me if they don't see me come back so there's no need to worry."

"Will Sunggyu come looking for me too?" Woohyun asked eagerly.

"Sunggyu?" the man asked with interest.  "Is he your friend?"

Woohyun nodded.


They waited and waited.  With each passing hour, the sky grew dark and the wind grew cold.  Woohyun wrapped his arms around himself, trying to keep warm.  The man, noticing that Woohyun was shivering, took off his own coat and wrapped it over Woohyun's shoulders, much to the younger one's surprise.

"Wear it," said the man.  "It'll keep you warm."

Having the coat wrapped around him made him feel warmer but Woohyun was hesitant when he looked at the man who was only left with a thin long sleeve top.  "Aren't you cold?"

The man smiled and shook his head.  "I'm not cold."

Hearing the man's words, Woohyun finally slipped his arms through the sleeves of the coat and smiled.  "It's very warm."


Several more hours passed and they were still waiting.  The temperature had dropped dramatically as the sky grew darker. Though he would not admit it, the cold chilled him to the bone.  He wondered how much more of this he could take.

Though the man's coat kept his body warm, Woohyun's fingers were cold.  He gathered his hands in front of him and breathed on them to warm them.  When he glanced over at the man sitting beside him and saw him collapsed on the snowy ground, he panicked.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Well, what can I say?  I also ship woosoo.