WooHoo

I Am You, You Are Me

Sana sat anxiously watching as Dahyun set up her phone to sync with the TV so they could watch EXO's new music videos. Junmyeon had texted her while he was on set and hadn't let her know a thing about anything and she had been anxiously waiting ever since. Originally she had planned on watching his comeback alone in her room under the covers with her headphones but Mina had brought up the comeback and the other girls had planned for them to all watch after their managers left. They had been instructed to go to sleep early – they had to be at M! Countdown early tomorrow for rehearsal but of course they hadn't listened.

 

“Okay it's ready!” Dahyun announced as the black screen displayed the paused video.

 

Sana jumped and grabbed onto Mina and Nayeons hands.

 

“Are you ready?” Dahyun grinned over at her.

 

“Just play it!” Sana yelled back.

 

Sana had never been more anxious and excited for a music video before, her own not counting of course.

 

The video started and Sana watched with intense focus as each boy was shown. When the screen showed Jongdae and suddenly she heard Junmyeons voice as the camera panned over to him she jumped and held in a scream. As Minseok was showed she blushed at her over reaction and watched the video with intense focus, jumping whenever Junmyeon was showed- a bit too little for her liking- and grinned as she watched the boys she would now consider friends run around. She wasn't at all surprised by the great quality of the video or how good the song was, it was EXO after all. But after getting to know them she couldn't help but be proud of them for coming back so strongly. She felt tears in her eyes as the video ended and the girls began praising the video.

 

“Junmyeon sunbae looked good.” Chaeyoung commented. “You're so lucky to have a boyfriend.” She pouted.

 

Momo ruffled her hair playfully, “It's okay we have Jungyeon.”

 

They all looked over at Jungyeon who had fallen alseep in a rather ungraceful position, “It's only three years.” Jihyo murmured.

 

“Wheres the other one?” Sana looked down at Dahyun as she refreshed the app for the third time.

 

“They haven't posted it.” She frowned.

 

“It's getting pretty late Sana… Maybe we should watch it in the morning if they post it later?”

 

Sana looked over at the girls who had sleepy eyes and nodded. She was sad she wouldn't be able to see the other music video but she couldn't force the girls to stay up so late when they had an early schedule the next day. As they prepared for bed she pondered staying up and waiting for the next one but she wasn't sure how long it would take to be posted and she really was tired. As she lay down on bed she decided to just call it a night and go to sleep.

 

Before sleeping though, she sent Junmyeon a congratulatory text and wished him a goodnight.

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon arrived tiredly to the dorm, the excitement of their showcase having faded as the exhaustion and relief set in. Finally they had comeback with an album they were all proud of and hoped everyone would love. They'd all worked so hard it felt great to finally be back and showcase all their hard work for the fans. And it was just the beginning, they'd have to go through the usual hectic schedule of promoting before preparing for another tour. And Junmyeon couldn't be more excited for the new era of EXO.

 

The only downside of it all would be being too busy to see Sana. This week he was lucky that Twice would be doing special stages so he could see Sana backstage, if only from afar, it would be enough.

 

As he layed down for bed after a much needed shower, he noticed a few texts from Sana. One congratulations for the comeback and the other wishing him goodnight. Although; she was probably sleeping by now he responded with a thank you and a goodnight before going to bed himself.

 

He felt like he had just shut his eyes when the alarm rung for him to awake. On the other bed Sehun groaned at the sound.

 

“Five more minutes hyung.” He murmed as he burrowed into his convers.

 

Junmyeon let him sleep a bit more as he got up and headed for the bathroom. As the leader he made sure to be the first up, waking the others one by one so there wouldn't be a fight for the bathroom. He liked to go by age, which of course annoyed the older boys who had to go first but they didn't fight it.

 

Much later they arrived at M! Countdown to rehearse and then prerecord. It would be a long day but Junmyeon was looking forward to it.

 

He was on alert as they walked through the hallway toward their dressing room, his eyes scanning the names written on the doors. It wasn't long until they passed a door written “Twice” and he smiled when they arrived to their own door not too far away. He'd have to find an excuse to hang around in the hallway somehow.

 

The boys lounged around the waiting room napping, getting their make up done and messing around with their phones. The latter which Junmyeon found himself spending his time doing.

 

“Sana!” Sehun called out suddenly, making Junmyeon whip his head quickly towards the doorway. He was disappointed when he didn't see her standing there and glared over at Sehun who was hunched over laughing. “You're whipped Hyung!”

 

The others snickered at his expense and he glared at all of them and childishly stuck his tongue out at them. He went back to his phone, he had been watching their 'Monster' music video when he was distracted.

 

As the day dragged on and they finished prerecording, he found himself in a grumpy mood. He had yet to see Sana all day and he knew that the only chance he would get would be during the crowning broadcast later and he had no idea how close they would be standing. The only thing that could cheer him up was the fact that he would see her.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Sana stood on stage as the results for the nights winner were announced, she'd allowed herself a quick moment to search for Junmyeon who stood by the edge of the stage. Too far for her liking but she was glad to have gotten a glance at him. She allowed herself another glance as the groups began to exit and Baek Ayeon-unnie celebrated her win and began her encore. She had asked earlier for them to join her on stage if she were too win and of course they had agreed.

 

Unfortunately the day had passed without her having seen Junmyeon and hoped tomorrow would be a luckier day. As the encore ended and the girls ran off stage, all of them were fully energized. Their manager escorted them to their dressing room, past groups who were heading out after the long day.

 

Sana's breath hitched as EXO passed by them, all the girls awkwardly bowing in respect as they passed by. The boys tiredly responded, giving Sana a small smile as they passed by. Thankfully, their manager was ahead of the girls and not looking in their direction. As Junmyeon passed by, his hand brushed against hers softly and purposely. Despite both of them facing forward they simultaneously glanced at each other from the corner of their eyes, smiling softly at each other. The moment was too quick and both groups passed each other as they made their way towards their designation.

 

As they arrived in their dressing room she hoped tomorrow would bring them closer.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon was grumpy once again as the make up artist worked on him.

 

He'd never been more frustrated then when had to walk right past Sana without speaking to her, the night before. He had pouted all the way home and the boys had , not to be mean, but to lighten his spirits just a bit. They encouraged him that the next day would go better and maybe he'd be able to speak to her.

 

So he sat with false hope the entire day, finding any excuse to wonder around in the hall. He'd seen her once again for just a moment but she had been with her manager and was unable to meet his eye for long. They of course texted and Junmyeon was tempted to ask her to sneak away for a bit so they could meet but he didn't want to risk anything, he was an adult after all and had some common sense. Still, his heart ached with the knowledge that she was so close and yet so far away.

 

“Hey I have an idea on how you can see Sana.” Chanyeol walked up behind him after their stylists had left.

 

Junmyeon sighed, “I can't meet her anywhere secretly. It's too risky.”

 

“I wasn't going to suggest that.” He said defensively. “You know it's not unusual for groups to visit others and wish them good luck. We can go over and congratulate them and it wouldn't be unusual. I mean JYPE and SM are supposed to be close right?”

 

“Chanyeol, rookies are usually the ones to visit their seniors not the other way around.” Minseok responded. “It would still be weird if we went out of our way to see them.”

 

“I actually think he's on to something.” Sehun agreed, “Twice is really popular and I bet they get visited by lots of senior groups. Maybe just a few of us can head over, not the entire group.”

 

“I agree with Minseok, it's weird and unlike us.” Jongdae piped in. “But if you go you should take some flowers or something.” He advised, obviously not so against the idea despite his words.

 

Chanyeol grinned smugly at his brilliant idea while Junmyeon pondered whether it was a good idea to go or not. Minseok was right when he said it would be weird for them to go out of their way to go see them but after several weeks of following up on Twice, he knew that it probably wouldn't be unusual for them to receive a visit from a senior group.

 

“Where are we going to get flowers?” He finally said, Chanyeol and Sehun fist pumping as Yixing pointed towards a vase of flowers, Music Bank had given them for their comeback. Kyungsoo who was closest walked over and ripped off the tag that had come with it and handed it over to Junmyeon. He wished he could have bought better flowers but they had little options and no time to go. “So who will come with me?” All the boys raised their hands, which stunned Junmyeon.

 

“I suggested the idea so I'm entitled to a spot.” Chanyeol smuggly wrapped an arm around Junmyeon.

 

“I agreed first so me too.” Sehun walked up.

 

Junmyeon noticed Jongin trying to appear nonchalant about going but his foot tapped rapidly on the floor, giving away his desire to go.

 

“Jongin, will you come with us?” Junmyeon asked with a soft smile.

 

He nodded coolly and the four made their way out and over to Twices dressing room.

 

“I hope we're not disturbing them.” He murmured to the boys as they walked.

 

“She's your girlfriend, she'll be excited to see you.” Sehun whispered back.

 

“Relax hyung, you're the cool sunbae right now.” Jongin patted his shoulder as they arrived.

 

Junmyeon nodded, composing himself and slipping into Suho mode as Chanyeol knocked on the door.

 

An older man opened the door and the boys greeted him formally.

 

“Hello we'd like to congratulate Twice for their comeback and wish them good luck.” Junmyeon said, suspecting the man to be one of their managers. The man wore a kind expression as he nodded and opened the door for them to enter.

 

“Girls you have a visitor.” The manager informed them.

 

The girls were scattered around and their eyes widened as they caught sight of them. Junmyeon quickly found Sana, whose new hair he still needed to get used too, and smiled at them (mainly Sana) warmly. The girls lined up in front of them and greeted them formally, obviously very surprised by their visit.

 

Junmyeon cleared his throat and looked at them individually as he usually would, “We came to congratulate you on your comeback, it's not often we see rookies as powerful as you and we thought we could come and wish you good luck for todays show and hope that you continue to show off your fresh charms through your music and on stage.” He said sincerely, holding up a thumbs up.

 

They softly said a thank you as they bowed and Junmyeon was reminded of when he was a rookie and other senior groups advised them as such.

 

“Actually our leader here is obsessed with you.” Chanyeol teased, making all of them freeze. “He's been singing Cheer Up for days. Especially that one part, what is it again?”

 

Junmyeon felt the blood drain out of him as he spoke, he would scold him later for it but at the moment all he could do was duck his head and blush.


“Yeah he's been saying that one line a lot.” Sehun chimed in. “Why don't you do it for them, I'm sure it will boost their confidence to see you do it.”

 

Junmyeon sighed, looking up at Sana and held out the flowers for her to take, she hesitantly stepped forward to accept the flowers and Junmyeon raised his fists to his face, “I was with my friends, shyshyshy.” He sang and then immediately covered his face. The girls clapped while awing at his cuteness.

 

“Sana unnie I think you should do it so Suho sunbae won't be embarrassed.” One of the girls suggested.

 

Sana blushed and looked over at him shyly, “Okay...” She raised her fists to her face and closed her eyes, “I was with my friends, shashasha.”

 

The boys clapped enthusiastically as she bowed her head in embarrassment.

 

“Well we should head back, we wish you luck tonight, Twice fighting!” He said, smiling brightly over at them.

 

“Thank you.” They chorused and waved them goodbye. Junmyeon was red faced as they walked back to their room and waited no time softly punching Chanyeol and Sehun when they entered. The other boys looked over curiously as he began scolding them.

 

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin as he laughed at the boys.

 

“Chanyeol made Junmyeon do 'ShyShyShy' in front of them.” He informed the other boys who watched as Junmyeon glared at the two troublemakers. Despite the glare, they could see a visible smile threatening to emerge.

 

Much later, Junmyeon watched happily as Twice won the award for the night, clapping and watching Sana with a small smile as she celebrated with her group.

 

Her beautiful smile would be enough to carry him until they saw each other again.