Unfair

I Am You, You Are Me

The next day Junmyeon took Yuta up on his offer, dragging him around Osaka as fast as he could in the short amount of time they were given before they had to be back for sound check and make up.

 

“This is it. Her house.”

 

Junmyeon tilted his head in confusion at the normal looking home, he had imagined a castle in head for some reason. But as he looked on he could just imagine a younger Sana playing out in the yard or leaving for school. The images brought a smile to his face, a normal reaction whenever Sana was involved.

 

“Did you ever visit?” He asked Yuta, looking over at the younger boy cautiously.

 

“Here?” Yuta had seemed also be lost in the past as he jumped at his question, “Only a few times.”

 

“What exactly was your friendship?” Junmyeon finally asked him directly, he had been itching to all day.

 

“Oh, uh,” He looked towards her house and then he pointed to the one next door, “I used to live there, only for small while until we moved to where my parents live now. We were six I believe.” He looked off in thought, “We attended the same school so we managed to stay friends. Until she got casted of course.”

 

Yuta looked down and kicked a pebble. “She hadn't told anyone about her audition. She just announced that she was leaving one day. She asked the friends who were with her when she was casted to keep it a secret and it wasn't until she was gone that they told me. I was upset that she had left just like that but I'm glad everything worked out.” His tone was soft and filled with the memories of the past.

 

“You loved her.” Junmyeon stated, staring at him evenly.

 

Yuta looked over and blushed, “I had. Now… It would be nice if we could be friends. I respect you highly hyung, and I respect her. And I don't think I feel that way for her anymore.” He shrugged, “I hope you won't mind us being friends.”

 

Junmyeon pursed his lips in thought. He didn't know Yuta well but he knew enough to know that he believed him. He had spoken genuinely and hadn't denied his feelings for her. It was enough to gain his trust. “Of course I wouldn't mind. Besides, it's her decision to be your friend. I can't choose for her. But I won't disapprove of it.” He smiled warmly at him.

 

Yuta grinned, “Thanks hyung. There's no need for me to act like a protective older brother then.”

 

Junmyeon laughed, “I suppose not. Come on, we should head back.”

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon was back in Seoul finally and Sana felt relieved to know he was back breathing the same air as her. Unfortunately EXO would be stuck rehearsing for their tour and Sana didn't have much activites scheduled as the girls prepared for their first trip to the United States (except for Mina who was born there) and the other girls rehearsed for solo activities. Their managers had decided that since Sana had gotten the most attention this comeback that they would push for the other girls to appear in variety shows and special stages. Leaving Sana with not much to do other than a few appearances and lots of napping.

 

She was ecstatic to receive a text from Amber as she laid in bed with no plans for the rest of the day.

 

A: Lunch?

 

A: I promise this time it's for real :)

 

S: Sure! :D

 

A: On my way! Be ready

 

Sana quickly jumped out of bed and raced to her closet to change out of the sweats and loose top she had thrown on after her shower this morning. She quickly texted her manager with her plans for the evening and celebrated as she was given the okay to go. Momo, Mina and Jihyo were all out rehearsing at the company while Nayeon and Jungyeon sat watching dramas in their pajamas when she stumbled out into the living with her bag and socks.

 

“I'm going out with Amber unnie.” She announced to them as she put on her socks.

 

“Have fun with Amber unnie.” Jungyeon said loudly along with a wink.

 

Sana looked at her uncomfortably, she knew none of their managers were in their dorm but she was still cautious, “Stop that. I'm actually serious this time.”

 

Nayeon pinched Jungyeons shoulder as she giggled. “Have fun Sana.”

 

A notification from her phone noted her that Amber was here so she waved goodbye at the girls and made her way out of the dorm, slipping on her shoes at the door and shutting the door softly as she left. Down stairs she was happy to see Ambers car idling in front of the building.

 

“Hello.” She greeted her as she entered the car.

 

“Hi Sana!” Amber smiled brightly at her, “Ready to go?”

 

Sana nodded and Amber drove off.

 

 

 

Sana recognized the area they were in and suspiciously looked over at Amber.

 

Amber noticed her look and quickly came spoke up defensively, “Hey, I promised this wasn't a trick. I'm actually really hungry.”

 

Sana smiled happily and the two got out of the car and made their way to the restaurant. Sana looked around, reminiscing about that one day just a few months ago. Sitting down Sana knew exactly what she was going to order and waited for Amber to look over the menu. But she didn't look long and set the menu down leaving the pair to wait for the waiter to come take their order.

 

“So I thought it was about time we actually hanged out and also I wanted to invite you to a get together happening tonight.” Amber said.

 

“A get together?” Sana asked curiously.

 

Amber nodded, “Actually it was Chanyeols idea but he asked me to help out with inviting people. As you know the boys will be starting to tour soon so he wanted to throw a celebratory kind of party.” She shrugged, “Of course you're invited but the rest of your members are too.”

 

Sana grew excited at the possibility of seeing Junmyeon tonight, “Sounds like fun.” She grinned happily, showcasing said excitement.

 

“It starts at 8 and I'll come pick you up.” She informed her. “But you should text me how many of your members are interested in going so we have enough seats.”

 

“Okay, I'll ask once I'm home.” She nodded.

 

The waitress arrived to take their orders and after as they ate they discussed plans to meet while they were in Los Angeles. After, Amber dropped Sana off at her dorm with a reminder to text her about her members and Sana ran up excited to tell her members. It would be the first party they would attend as idols with senior idols and she knew they would freak out. She was also happy that Amber seemed genuinely interested in being her friend and hoped it would be the beginning of a long friendship.

 

She informed all her members present about the get together and texted the others who weren't home. Of course after asking for permission from their manger, the younger girls unfortunately unable to attend. Chaeyoung pouted audibly as the older girls got ready. Momo rushed in thirty minutes before Amber was set to pick them up and quickly got ready to go.

 

Sana wasn't sure if Junmyeon knew of her going and since he had had yet to text her she decided that she would surprise him.

 

A: Got caught up with something, sorry, but don't worry I found you another ride, they should be there soon!

 

Sana read the text to the other members as they sat ready to go in the living room.

 

“I wonder whose picking us up.” Jihyo murmured.

 

“It's probably Junmyeon sunbae.” Jungyeon nudged Sana.

 

Sana blushed and shook her head, “I don't think she would send him. And he hasn't texted me.”

 

They didn't have to wonder long as the doorbell rang and Chaeyoung sprinted to answer.

 

“JACKSON OPPA!” She greeted loudly, the older girls looked between themselves before going to the door.

 

“Hey girls,” He smiled, “Ready to go?”

 

“Aren't you in trouble?” Nayeon asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

He chuckled, “What my manager doesn't know won't hurt him.” He responded, “Now let's go before your manager shows up and tells him.”

 

The girls said their goodbye's to the younger members and followed Jackson down to the car, Sana recognized it as Ambers. It was a good thing it was big enough to fit the 7 of them comfortably. Nayeon sat up front with Jackson while Jungyeon, Sana and Jihyo sat behind them and Momo and Mina sitting in the back.

 

“So how are you guys close with Amber?” Jackson asked as he drove.

 

The girls in the back all looked to Sana and thankfully she didn't have to lie much.

 

“Momo and I were on a radio show with her and we exchanged numbers. She's very nice.” She answered honestly.

 

Jackson nodded and moved on to talk about the upcoming JYP Nation concert.

 

Sana relaxed as the ride went on until she realized that Jackson didn't know about her relationship with Junmyeon. She was afraid of his reaction and although she knew he wouldn't tell her mangers or anyone who could get her in trouble, she knew that he regarded all the girls as younger sisters and was very protective of them. She wasn't sure what his reaction would be like and that worried her.

 

That also led her to realize that she didn't know who would be at the party and if they would be trustworthy of their secret relationship.

 

Her stomach knotted as they drew closer and closer to the hotel that the get together was being held in.

 

“Hey,” Jacksons deep voice rang in the silent car, “If at any point you feel uncomfortable just let me know. I know this is the first time you'll be at a party like this and everyone here is going to be different then when you run into them backstage or on a show but Amber is usually friends with cool people so you won't have much to worry about okay?” He had parked the car and was turning to look at all the girls behind him with a gentle tone. “And be careful alright? It's not like I think anyone will rat you all out but you should always be cautious.”

 

The girls nodded in understanding and Sana gulped.

 

The group exited the car and into the parking garage, Jackson led them to the elevator and thankfully they wouldn't need to walk through the lobby to get to the suite. It wasn't until they reached the door that they heard the music playing and Jackson opened the door with a key card.

 

The girls stood close together as they followed behind him into the large suite, Sana spotted Chanyeol immediately and she cringed as he noticed her and as his deep voice called out to her.

 

“Sana!” He bounded over joyfully.

 

Sana could see Jacksons confused face and she quickly tried to stop Chanyeol, nodding her head in Jacksons direction and shaking her head.

 

It didn't work as he (very) drunkly engulfed her in a hug and lifted her up. Sana squeaked and blushed as the room looked at them. Before she could close her eyes in embarrassment she caught Junmyeons eye's which were widened in surprise. Thankfully Jackson was pulled away before he could question what the hug was about.

 

By the time Jackson had left the room, Junmyeon had made his way over and was pulling Chanyeol off of her.

 

“Get your own girlfriend.” He scolded jokingly as he wrapped an arm around a flustered Sana.

 

Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him before moving on to bother someone else.

 

“Hello,” Junmyeon greeted her members who stood awkwardly behind her.

 

The girls nodded their hellos while Sana looked around at the people in the living room. It wasn't as packed in the suite as she imaged but still more then just a small get together. She recognized them as members of senior groups until her eyes landed on the members of NCT who looked just as out of place as her members.

 

“Yuta!” She called out, slipping out of Junymeons arm to greet him.

 

He looked completely different from the middle school boy she had known long ago and was ecstatic to see him. His smile was the same as she remembered as he made his way toward her. She surprised them both by hugging him but she didn't give it much thought as she reunited with her old friend.

 

“I can't believe that we both came over.” She giggled as they broke apart. “You're taller now.” She ruffled his hair playfully.

 

“And you stayed the same height.” He chuckled.

 

“Sana why are you hugging random boys!” Jackson's deep voice called out to her as he approached. She stiffened as he neared and shot a cautious look at Junmyeon before smiling innocently.

 

“He's not a random boy.” She replied back, hoping he wouldn't question about Chanyeol, “He's my friend from Japan.”

 

“Really?” His eyebrows lifted in a way that always reminded her of a cartoon character, “That's cool.”

 

She nodded.

 

“Jackson stop bothering the youngsters.” Amber scolded as she approached. “Hey Sana, sorry I had to send this one,” She slapped the back of Jacksons head, “to get you.”

 

“It's okay.” She reassured. “Thanks for inviting us.”

 

“No problem, besides this is all for these guys.” She threw an arm around Junmyeon. “So just enjoy yourselves, I know this must be a first.” She spoke to Sana's members as well as the NCT boys. “But I promise none of us bite and you don't have to worry about anything.”

 

The rookies all nodded. Sana knew that the rest of the night the two groups would be sticking together most likely. As the conversation quickly split off and Jackson was distracted, Sana quickly pulled Nayeon and Jihyo to the bathroom when she noticed Junmyeon making his way over to her, muttering a quick excuse to Yuta. Seulgi had made her way over to speak to Mina and Momo had begun talking to Ten while Jungyeon had gone off to search for food.

 

“What's wrong?” Nayeon asked as the door shut behind them.

 

“What am I gonna do about Jackson oppa?” She bit her lip as she started pacing in the small space. “I don't know if it will be a good idea for him to know. Also I don't know about all these people. I could trust the EXO members and Amber but I don't know about all these other people.

 

Jihyo calmly rested a hand on her shoulder, “Okay calm down. You shouldn't stress yourself out.”

 

“What am I going to do?” She looked at her leader tiredly. She knew it wasn't fair for her to rely on Jihyo with such a big problem, especially since she was older then her and this was Sana's problem but she couldn't help it, she didn't know what to do.

 

“I don't think you have to worry about Jackson.” Nayeon tried calming her down. “He might be a little disappointed but he'd understand. It's not like he hasn't broken a few rules before.”

 

“And I'm sure Amber unnie wouldn't put you at such a risk if she didn't trust anyone here.” Jihyo calmly tried to reassure her. “Everyone here probably has secrets of their own we might have to keep.”

 

“Stop over thinking everything.” Nayeon squeezed her shoulder, “Okay?”

 

Sana knew they were right and she was probably freaking out over nothing but after almost being caught the last time she was extra cautious. Trying to calm down her racing heart, she nodded. “Okay, thanks.” She smiled weakly at them.

 

She just had to trust them.

 

All of them.