Epilogue: Next Page

I Am You, You Are Me

*Five Years Later*

Sana was late to the party unsurprisingly. Although she hadn't exactly planned on attending she felt she had some leeway for being late. Having just arrived back from a world tour the day prior, she was still adjusting to the time zone shift after months in America, North and South. 

She'd also spent the whole day running around for an adequate gift for the birthday girl. She was practically dead on her feet and in much need for a drink. 

She took a taxi and had the permission to do as she pleased from her managers so she'd didn't feel the need to drive. Now a good six years into her career, she was no longer treated like a child. She was an adult after all. 

The party was held in one of Koreas best hotel penthouses. She could see the paparazzi across the street, ready to snap a picture of which idol would make their way through the doors. One of the hotel workers most likely having spilled the details of the meant to be secret party. 

Sana waved over to the cameramen that called her name as she exited the taxi. She hoped they'd be gone by the time she left, she didn't want to walk out drunk and get photographed in a unflattering way. 

She didn't need to waste time asking questions as she made her way straight to the elevator. They'd been told the exact floor and room when they'd received the invitation via kakotalk. As she rode up to the top floor, she made her members aware that she'd arrived. Some of them had opted to stay home after their exhausting several months. Tzuyu had gone home to Taiwan and the Japanese members were set to leave at the end of the week to Japan as well. Nayeon, Mina and Chaeyoung had also come to party and had come ahead of her in their car. 

The elevator finally arrived to the designated floor and Sana walked out, her heels clicking on the floor of the quiet hallway. Music could be heard muffled by the thick walls as she approached the penthouse. 

She didn't bother to knock on the door, she doubted anyone would hear it anyway, and walked in. 

The open area was littered with nicely dressed idols that Sana recognized instantly. There were also other people that she couldn't but she gave them polite smiles as well when she walked by.  She greeted and smiled at everyone as she walked around, trying to find the birthday girl.

"Sana!" She heard someone call out to her in the loud room.

Turning, she smiled brightly at her younger friend.

"Yerim!" She ran over and engulfed the grinning girl in her arms, "Happy birthday!" 

"Thank you for coming. I know you must be exhausted." Yerim pulled away saying.

Sana waved her hand, "Its no big deal. I've got enough energy to party the night away." 

The two girls giggled as Mina joined them, handing Sana a glass of wine. 

"Oh, here's your gift." Sana said, remembering the bag she held in her hand. 

"Thank you." Yerim smiled brightly, taking the bag, "I'm gonna put this in the gift room. I'll come talk to you later." 

Sana nodded as Yerim walked away. Mina linked their arms as she walked them over to where a group of their friends stood chatting. 

"I have to warn you." Mina whispered in her ear, Sana almost didn't hear her.

"What?" 

"He's here."

Sana kept her face neutral as she processed her words. She knew exactly who he was. There was no one else who Mina would feel the need to warn her about.

She didn't reply as she greeted the group of girls they joined. Toasting with them as they reunited after months away. They asked them about their tour and Sana told them everything excitedly. 

She couldn't lie and say her eyes didn't look towards every person that entered the room. When he was around she just couldn't help but look for him. It was a bad habit of hers that she'd been unable to shake for three years until he was no longer around for her to look for. 

She had heard of his discharge while she'd been overseas. Staring longingly at the photos on her screen of his smiling face and uniform. He looked older but still had the boyish grin that she loved.

Over time she was able to move on enough that she didn't cry at the sight of him. Her heart still ached at the thought of him but it was something she could ignore. She was older now and knew that what they had was fleeting and never meant to last. And that he still lingered in her thoughts because he had been her first love.

They say you never forgot your first. 

Several hours later, she hadn't managed to catch sight of him. Which she figured was for the best. It'd been five years after all, she needed to stop looking for him. 

Her cheeks were tinted pink from her several drinks but she was mostly clear headed as she looked into the bathroom mirror fixing her lipstick. Exhaustion, however; was catching up with her and she was close to asking the girls to go home. She'd stay another hour and see from there. 

As she exited the bathroom, she bumped into someone trying to go in.

Looking up, she froze at the sight of the short haired man. 

"Sorry." She apologized stiffly, stepping back from their close proximity. She side stepped him, clenching her fists tightly as she walked past him. 

"Have you been well?" 

His voice stopped her before she could travel far, and she turned to look back at him. She nodded her head, "I have. And you?" 

He nodded with a small smile. 

She smiled, "Good." She turned away more relaxed and walked back to her friends. 

It had been short but their conversation filled her with so much relief that he hadn't forgotten about her. That he was still the gentle man she fell for. She smiled as she slid right next to Mina in the kitchen. 

~*~

Sana was barely tipsy hours later, when she half dragged a drunk Mina out of the party. Nayeon and Chaeyoung had left before them but Mina had begged to stay. 

Mina was a completely different person when she was drunk. She was loud and talkative. And extremely clingy. Sana had pulled the short stick and been assigned the designated sober friend. Allowing Mina to drink as much as she'd like for the entire night. 

"Give me a piggy back ride!" Mina demanded in their mother tongue. She also had a habit of speaking Japanese when she was drunk. 

"No you're heavy when you're drunk." Sana tried pushing Mina away from her as she attempted jumping on her. 

"Please!!!" Her eyes filled with tears and Sana sighed in defeat. 

"You're lucky you're small." She grumbled as she kneeled down to allow her on her back. She wished Momo or Jungyeon were around to do this for her but they'd both chosen to stay home and sleep. An option she was wishing she'd opted for. 

As Mina hopped on her back she realized she made a mistake of not removing her heels before. The walk to the elevator was tortures as she struggled to carry Mina over. 

"MYOUI MINA ARE YOU SLEEPING!" She yelled as she heard the soft snores of her best friend in her ear. 

"Do you need help?" 

Sana looked up from her intense concentration of the floor and saw Junmyeon standing with Sehun, waiting for the elevator.  Sehun had been the one ask and he looked both concerned and amused at the situation. 

"Oh hello." Sana mumbled, struggling to greet them formally. "Um, no I think I can handle her." She lied very obviously. She was practically stuck at a ninety degree angle with Mina sleeping on her back and her knees were wobbling. 

Sehun chuckled and walked over, "Let me take her." 

Sana didn't resist as he helped her off her back, waking her up in the process. 

"Sana!" Mina shouted as she made notice of her surroundings, "Don't look now! Junmyeon is here!" 

"Ow!" Sana cried as Mina slapped a hand over her eyes. 

"Don't look at him! I don't want to see you cry anymore." Mina's eyes teared up, "You finally stopped crying." 

"Mina I'm going to kill you when you're sober. Why did you have to start talking in Korean all of a sudden!?" Sana glared at her as she peeled her hands off her, ignoring the sad look on Junmyeons face, "I'm fine Mina. Sehun is gonna help you go downstairs." 

"Oh! You're still handsome." Mina clutched his arm, "I had a crush on you when I was sixteen! Before I was even in Korea!" This time Sana slapped a hand over .

"Mina I'm telling you this for you're own good, be quiet! Or speak in Japanese for god sake!" 

"Sana is a meanie!" Mina replied. "Carry me!" She demanded.

"She said to carry her." Sana translated with a sigh.

Sehun nodded with an amused smile. Sana helped as Mina jumped onto his back. She was asleep almost instantly. 

Sana rubbed her temple as they waited for the elevator to come. She felt like she'd aged ten years just from the short exchange alone. 

"Please ignore everything she said." She mumbled to the boys as they waited. 

The boys nodded silently.

"Did you drive here?" Junmyeon asked as they got to the lobby floor. The ride down the elevator had been awkward and filled with Mina's soft snores and occasional hiccup.

Sana shook her head, "I took a taxi." 

"We'll give you a ride." Sehun answered, "I'm sure if there are still paparazzi outside and it would not go well if they caught a shot of me carrying her passed out. We parked in the garage so it should be fine." 

Sana nodded in agreement reluctantly. 

Junmyeon led the way to the parking garage as Sana trailed behind them. She was exhausted both physically and mentally at this point and she just wanted to go home. 

They helped Mina into the car as Junmyeon took the driver seat and Sehun the passenger. Sana sat in the back with Mina sleeping on her lap. 

"Um, do you still live..." Junmyeon looked back at her in question. 

"Oh, no we've moved." Sana realized that he'd only know their first address. It'd been years since they'd lived there. She quickly told him the new address and the ride continued silently with the radio playing. 

Although it was awkward, she was thankful that they'd been around to help. She hadn't thought about how it would look if she'd carried Mina out on her back. Mina would be the victim to countless articles the next day if that had happened. 

"Thank you." She said quietly, looking out to the street. 

"You're welcome." Junmyeon replied softly. 

Sehun scoffed, "What did you do? I carried her on my back." 

Sana giggled, she could tell he was joking. He smiled back over at her, "How could I not help my biggest fan." 

Sana groaned, "Please forget she said that. She'll be mortified." 

Sehun laughed, "Don't worry. I doubt we'll see each other much." He finished with a soft tone that almost sounded sad. 

Junmyeon cleared his throat, "I think we're here." 

Sana looked up to see her building and nodded, "This is it." She began shaking Mina awake, it would be better if she were up. "Mina wake up." 

"I can carry her up?" Sehun offered. 

"I don't know if that would be appropriate..." Sana mumbled. 

"I can't let you carry her up." Sehun took off his seatbelt as Junmyeon parked the car. Sana sighed in defeat as he got out of the car. Both of them helped getting Mina out of the car. This time Sehun opted for carrying her bridal style rather then on his back. Junmyeon placed his coat over her legs and Sana smiled at the gesture. 

Sana led them into the building quickly, and into the elevator that would take them to their floor. Thanks to their great success, they'd managed to move into a far more stylish dorm. They chose to stick together as nine in one dorm despite having been offered two different homes. 

Sana entered their code as they arrived at their door and quietly led them in. "Um, this way." She awkwardly led Sehun down towards their room. She saw that Junmyeon stayed by the door. 

It was only Sana and Mina in their room thankfully, and the other girls seemed to be sleeping already with their doors closed and the lights off. 

Sehun laid Mina down gently on their bed and Sana took off her heels and tucked her under the covers. 

"Thank you." Sana whispered as they watched Mina cuddle into their pillow. 

"It was no problem at all." Sehun said, digging his hands into his pockets. "We should go." 

Sana nodded and walked him out. 

Junmyeon was studying the photos around the living room when they walked back out. Most of the photos were of the members families and friends. There were few photos of the members themselves over the years together. 

"You were an adorable child." Junmyeon points to a photo of Sana with her parents when she was five. Sana blushes at his soft gaze and nods.

"I know I've already said it like five times but thank you. Really. I don't know how I would have managed to get her out without the paparazzi catching a photo of us." She bowed to them, "Thank you." 

"We're your sunbaes, it's our duty to look after you." Sehun smiled. "Have a goodnight." 

Sana nodded, looking over to Junmyeon shyly. "Goodnight." 

He smiled one of her favorite smiles, "Sleep well." 

Sana's heart skipped.

A/N: The end? 

I didn't plan on this being the end of the story until I got to the last half and realized it would be nice open ending. But honestly I'm not ready to let it end so I'm undecided if this should be the end or not. I do have some sort of plot if this story is to continue but I'm not sure if it should be continued with this story or in a Part 2 story. I've also thought of exploring the Sehun/Mina story more as well. I also have other EXO/Twice ideas, mainly Sana+Junmyeon focused of course, and I'm curious if anyone would be interested in a different story of those two.

Please let me know your thoughts about the following options.

A) continue in Part 2 
B) continue but with Sehun/Mina as the focus 
C) let this be the end + start new story

Thank you for reading this mess. I know you've all waited patiently for each update T.T and your comments meant a lot. Even if they were just "update please", it made me happy knowing someone wanted to read my writing. 

Thank you <3