Exodus

I Am You, You Are Me

The MAMA awards came and suddenly Twice found themselves in Hong Kong. 

It was their third time there and they were nervous for the upcoming award show. It would be their first time performing at the MAMAs and the awards were different from Melons. PDnim Park Jinyoung had joined them in their travel and had treated them to dinner the night of their arrival. He gave them wise words of comfort and helped settle all their nerves. 

Meanwhile Sana anxiously peeked at Mina often to see if their was any word from Junmyeon who had said he'd contact her as soon as he had arrived safely. She could tell Mina was getting slightly annoyed with her staring, so she tried to hold back. 

Mina didn't hand her phone over until the next day. 

JM: just arrived T.T very tired but that's okay because I get to see you today :) 

Sana couldn't help but smile through her pity, she could just imagine the exhaustion. 

SN: rest when you can. I don't want to see Zombie-Myeon. And I'm looking forward towards seeing you tonight. <3

Sana reluctantly handed the phone back to Mina after they said their final words. The short conversation managed to calm some of her nerves and she went forth with her day brightly.

~*~

Twice was kept backstage for the beginning portion of the show, as there was limited seats for the idols to sit and with such big groups it was hassle. Besides they had to present an award towards the beginning, for Best New Female Group. It was strange to be presenting the rookie award. It seemed like just yesterday they had received the award themselves. 

After presenting they were later escorted to sit down. It was relief for all of them wearing heels. Sana managed to catch a peek at Junmyeon who sat across from them. 

~*~

The award show went on with Twice and EXO shuffling back and forth between the stage, backstage and their seats. 

It wasn't until the end of the show when all the groups made their way towards the front stage to say their goodbyes that they had any interaction. 

Amongst all the idols on stage, Sana and Junmyeon managed to catch each other's eyes occasionally. 

When Junmyeon saw Sana and her group make their way to the opposite side of the stage, he slowly worked his way through all the idols, politely interacting with them and waving towards the fans. When it seemed like others were starting to leave, he quickly made his way to leave and then he was in front of her. 

They met eyes, quickly bowing to one another as one would, as they passed each other.

Junmyeon wanted to look at her forever.

She looked beautiful in the all white outfit she wore and her smile was breathtaking. 

He felt like the luckiest man alive to be able to call her his, if only privately. 

~*~

JM: sneak out?

Sana stared at the phone screen and then looked up at Mina who bit her nail, looking at her in question. 

"Should I?" She whispered, Nayeon was sleeping already and Jihyo was in the shower. 

Mina shrugged, though her eyes said no. 

Sana bit her lip in contemplation, there was no way her managers would hear the door opening from down the hall where they stayed. It was the middle of the night and few people would be out on the lobby floor. If she covered herself right, she could get away with it. 

SN: where to

~*~

Sana carefully made her way down the streets of Hong Kong, towards a near by park Junmyeon said would be the half way point between their hotels. All though it was empty in the streets, the city still glowed brightly in the night with few shops staying open late for those late night party goers to stumble into. 

Hong Kong strangely reminded her of Osaka.

She managed to find her way and immediately found a figure sitting down on a bench, wearing a hat. 

She cautiously made her way over and was relived when Junmyeon turned and met her eyes. 

He stood abruptly and sped toward her, engulfing her in his arms and holding her tight.

She held onto his sweater, wanting to disappear into the softness of it.

"Do you go around hugging all the pretty girls in parks at night." She joked.

"No," he chuckled, "just the daesang winners. You should leave before Taehyung comes." 

Sana faked a scoff and pushed away, "Is there something I should know about you two?" She raised an eyebrow in question.

"Well we were set up on blind date but he had no idea and wasn't allowed to date but I was so enthralled by his beauty and great sense of humor I just had to pursue him, even though it could put both our careers at risk. It was no question how fast I fell in love with him and I think about him every second of the day." 

Sana was speechless at his words. She could tell he was only half joking as his words rang with such deep sincerity. 

"I... guess you must really love him." She whispered.

"No. I only love you." He finished with a kiss.

Sana tangled her fingers in his fiery red hair, she'd been dying to touch since she'd seen him, as his lips caressed hers. His own hands pushed her as close to him as possible, not wanting to let her go, not that she wanted them to. 

Their breaths were labored as they parted for air. Their eyes glistening.

It had been too long.

~*~

The next day, EXO left back to Japan and Twice left back to South Korea.

~*~

"Sana unnie, manager unnie says she has your phone." 

Sana bolted up from her bed and ran out of her room to the living room. Finally! After such a long wait she wouldn't have to burden Mina anymore and she'd be able to text and FaceTime Junmyeon freely.

Her manager stood at the door way, and motioned for her to follow her. 

Sana was suddenly nervous as she slipped into her shoes and followed her out. 

She led her to the dorm where their managers stayed in the same complex. She tried calming herself down, telling herself that her phone was simply waiting in their dorm for her to take. 

Her stomach dropped as she entered and found her other managers sitting at their dining table, her phone sitting on it. 

"Sana, we need to talk." 

~*~

Sana walked out with tears in her eyes, her hand feeling hundred times heavier as she gripped her phone.

She'd gotten caught. 

They'd seen it all. The pictures, the messages, everything.

She'd remained as emotionless as she could to explain and to plead to them but they had already made up their minds. 

She knew she was lucky. They had offered her two options. 

End the relationship.

Or confess to the company executives and get kicked out of the group. 

Her managers were all soft hearted and had refrained from reporting to the company about the situation like they were supposed to. Instead they had discussed within themselves for weeks about what to. Their final conclusion was simply to let Sana decide.

She'd been given until the end of the year to do so. They'd wanted her to do it immediately but she had begged for more time and argued that she didn't want to spend her birthday and the holidays heartbroken. 

She crumpled on the wall, not being able to bring herself to enter the dorm. She couldn't face the other girls and their pity. She knew the moment she walked in she'd confess and they'd ask what she was preparing to do but she wasn't sure what she was going to do.

She had until the first of the new year to end things with him. A concept that brought tears in her eyes and a tightness in her chest. 

She didn't know what to do. 

"Sana unnie?" Dahyun peeked her head out of the door, her beanie and shoes on, probably going down to the nearest convenience store for snacks. Tzuyu stood just behind her looking at her with concern as they caught her on the floor, rubbing the tears from her eyes. 

She ducked her head, unable to meet their eyes.

Dahyun crouched down in front of her, her hand softly patting her head. "What's wrong?" 

"Sana!" She heard Momo's voice yell as she ran out of the dorm, shoeless, and by Sana's side instantly. Tzuyu must have gone back inside to call them. "Why are you crying outside? What happened?" 

"Let's get her inside." Jihyo suggested as Sana began to sob.

She explained, sobbing into Momo's shoulder, about her situation. They listened mournfully, they were just as shocked by it. When she was done, they sat silently, letting her cry. 

"I don't know what to do. I don't know how I'm going to break up with him." She cried, recalling manager Nayeons words: "Break his heart, it will be easier for both of you if it's a painful separation. That way, temptation will not be a problem." 

"I don't want to break his heart." 

~*~

Junmyeon suspected that something was not quite right with Sana. Her voice was distant when they spoke over the phone and her texts came with short replies. He worried if perhaps something was wrong. He'd been tempted to ask on several occasions but hadn't had the courage, not wanting to seem paranoid and silly again. 

If something was wrong, he trusted that she'd be open about it. 

Or perhaps she was being distant purposefully.

The holidays are just around the corner and she is terrible at keeping secrets, being known as the Spoiler Fairy and all. Maybe she'd bought him a gift and was taking the safest methods to not spoil it for him. 

He hoped, at least, that was the case.

A/N: unfortunately the angst is about to begin