Heaven

I Am You, You Are Me

 

A/N: lots of time jumping as I try to catch up to present day

 

 

 

Sana laughed as Junmyeon showed her his all time favorite dance move.

 

 

"That's amazing." She cried, whipping away her tears.

 

 

He settled back onto his seat, apologizing. "I've never been embarrassed to do it but for you it's much different."

 

 

"It's adorable." She giggled, "What's it called? Dudumchit?"

 

 

Junmyeon nodded, his cheeks rosy. "Ah, our food is gonna get cold."

 

 

Sana looked down at the ramen she had forgotten about. "You're right."

 

 

"Sana, manager unnie is on her way over." Chaeyoung warned as she peeked into the room.

 

 

"Oh, okay." Sana muttered sadly, looking back down at the screen where Junmyeon looked back at her in equal disappointment. "Manager unnie is on her way." She sighed, "Sorry I have to cut our date short."

 

 

Junmyeon smiled reassuringly, "It's fine. We were on for a longer time today." He stated proudly, "Next time let's try to break our record."

 

 

Sana nodded, "Challenge accepted."

 

 

~*~

 

 

The cameras were still off as Sana uncomfortably waited for them to start. She could feel the eyes of thousands of fan girls glaring at her, challenging her to even dare look in the direction of their oppas. She was thankful for the opportunity to be a guest judge for the Futsal game but it was more of a heavy burden then she expected.

 

 

Not to mention that the said boys she was trying to avoid kept peeking over to her.

 

 

"Don't worry, I'm here."

 

 

Sana jumped as Youngjae slid beside her, his eyes staring straight forward.

 

 

She bowed to him in greeting and stepped two steps away.

 

 

"Jackson told me to keep an eye on you." He winked to her before she could respond and walked away over to his teammates.

 

 

He was true to his word as Sana found herself being cornered by her seniors all trying to introduce themselves after the game was over. She was glad they had waited until they were away from the eyes of fans but she also hoped someone would come save her.

 

 

"Hey! Sana!" Youngjae wrapped an arm around her, "Your manager is looking for you. Come on, I'll you."

 

 

Sana mumbled a small thank you.

 

 

She was relived when she finally met up with her member in the main arena. Sighing heavily as she sat down on the floor.

 

 

"Hey Sana! You missed the poll." Dahyun giggled.

 

 

"What poll?" Sana looked over at the giggling girls curiously.

 

 

"You'll see."

 

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon frowned at the article.

 

 

He had gone on to check if Sana or her members had won any medals at the ISAC event since he and the rest of SM had gone to Hawaii. He had had no chance of looking up any news of the event while he was busy with the workshop. When he had returned to Seoul, he had simply forgotten about the event.

 

 

Until the event was broad-casted. He had decided to ignore the broadcast and look up Sana cuts online later but he had been curious about the medals, since she had not mentioned anything and it was too late to text her. That's how he had found himself on Naver, glaring at the article.

 

 

'TWICES Sana voted as the girl male idols would like to see waiting for them at the finish line.' The article title read.

 

 

"Hyung did yo-" Sehun stopped at the door, smirking, "You did."

 

 

"Hyung how does it feel to have a popular girlfriend!" Chanyeol teased as he entered behind Sehun.

 

 

Junmyeon threw pillows at them and sulked.

 

 

~*~

 

 

"Festival season is coming. We'll be able to see each other more." Junmyeon stated tiredly as he flopped on his bed.

 

 

He heard Sana hum on the other side of the phone. He knew that she was preparing for another comeback and had been in the practice room all day. He wished he could be there to massage her sore muscles.

 

 

"How are the comeback preparations going?" He asked quietly, sensing she was quite close to falling asleep.

 

 

"Good." She mumbled. "I'm nervous."

 

 

He smiled, "Well 'Cheer Up' was a huge, it will be hard to top 'shyshyshy'." He teased lightly.

 

 

She groaned, "Please no more. Mina said I've been saying it in my sleep. I know it's gonna haunt me forever and I'm proud of what it did for my group but I feel like I'm gonna go insane if I hear it again today."

 

 

Junmyeon chuckled at her sleepy whining, "I'm sure you guys will come up with something more catchy this next time."

 

 

"I think so too. It's very catchy." She yawned.

 

 

"Can you sing a little bit for me?" He bit his lip in anticipation. Truthfully he's been wanting to hear her sing for quite sometime. Her voice was adorable as is so he was curious about how she sounded without an entire group or backing-tracks.

 

 

"Um, that would be a spoiler." She mumbled with an awkward chuckle.

 

 

"Pretty please?" He begged with a cute voice. "It doesn't have to be the title track, it can be any of the other sings. I would really like to hear you sing."

 

 

He began to get nervous as the silence on the other end dragged on.

 

 

"Sana? Hey I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. You don't have to sing for me. I feel bad, your throat is probably sore from singing all day. I'm sorry..." He felt terrible, he hadn't thought of her not feeling well. He wanted to kick himself. "Sana?"

 

 

"Junmyeon sunbaenim, Sana fell asleep." Another voice said through the phone.

 

 

"Oh, uh is this Jihyo?" He asked, somewhat recognizing her voice.

 

 

"Yes." She replied.

 

 

"Thank you for letting me know. Make sure she gets plenty of rest. Leader to leader, I know it's hard to convince your members to rest but I'm sure you can manage them well. Tell Sana I said goodnight, when she wakes. Also get some rest yourself, it's late."

 

 

"Yes sunbaenim, thank you for caring for Sana unnie."

 

 

Junmyeon smiled, "No problem. Goodnight."

 

 

"Goodnight."

 

 

~*~

 

 

Although Jihyo had never had any problems with Junmyeon, she hardly knew him, but his conversation was enough for her to accept that he was perfect for Sana. She truly hoped that they could work things out.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Because the girls had done so well their last comeback, their mangers let them have a day off, manager less. After some covert planning with Junmyeon and some convincing, the girls were on their way to a picnic with the members of EXO. It was something that sounded fictional to Sana but Junmyeon had suggested that a picnic up in the mountains would be a secluded enough spot for them meet. It would be the first time Twice and EXO met alone. The girls were all nervous, even the older girls who had briefly came in contact with them at the party. It made Sana chuckle.

 

 

"The boys said they would bring the food right?" Momo whispered as they rode the bus to the mountain.

 

 

Sana nodded, "Junmyeon said they'd take care of everything."

 

 

"Are you sure we won't get caught?" Chaeyoung whispered, eyeing the old lady who sat in the front of the bus sleeping.

 

 

Although the girls were all dressed casually in outfits perfect for the end of summer weather, they also wore hats and face masks and sunglasses to mask their identities. Very obvious in their disguise but they had managed to get on the bus without the sound of cameras or fans.

 

 

"We'll be fine. Besides if we were seen it wouldn't matter since the fans wouldn't know where we're going or who we're meeting up with." Nayeon soothed the girls fears with her words and the girls spent the rest of the ride talking about food.

 

 

Sana could have sworn Momo was drooling.

 

 

~*~

 

 

"Woah."

 

 

It had taken the girls a while to hike up the mountain and find the secluded spot Junmyeon had told them about. When they arrived their was a park table covered with a pink table cloth, containers of food and balloons. The boys were littered around tying the balloons and Kyungsoo was grilling meat.

 

 

The girls approached slowly, with Sana leading the way.

 

 

"Hello." Sana greeted, the girls echoing her.

 

 

"Sana!" Junmyeon grinned widely and dropped the cooler he was holding to jog over.

 

 

The rest of the boys stopped what they were doing and approached more slowly.

 

 

Junmyeon engulfed Sana in hug as they met. They hadn't seen each other physically in a while and Sana felt like a part of her had been found at his touch.

 

 

"Ah I guess we should introduce ourselves properly." Junmyeon said as he stepped back.

 

 

The nine membered groups stood across from each other in a straight line. The girls line fidgeting nervously and the boys line trying their best to not make the girls feel uncomfortable.

 

 

"123, hello we are one, EXO." Junmyeon started and the rest chorused.

 

 

 

"123, one in a million, hello we're Twice." The girls greeted with a bow.

 

 

The two groups fell into easy laughter at the formal introductions and the boys led the girls to the table to sit.

 

 

They were split up into fours and fives as they sat on the two tables. The boys ran around trying to serve the girls drinks and food. It was awkward once they all sat but naturally the funnier and more sociable members were able to crack the ice and soon enough both groups were interacting less shyly.

 

 

Sana giggled as she realized it looked like a meet up date with how they sat across from each other.

 

 

"I invited Amber and the rest of her group but they had a schedule." Junmyeon stated as they ate.

 

 

"I also invited GOT7 sunbaenims but they were also busy." Sana responded.

 

 

"Ah," Chanyeol sat up suddenly, looking over to Sana evilly, "Sana, hows it feel to be so popular amongst boy groups."

 

 

Sana blushed and peeked slyly over to Junmyeon who was glaring at Chanyeol. The rest of the group snickered.

 

 

She awkwardly scratched her head, "It was just a poll...", her face was burning hot at the memory.

 

 

"I heard from some friends that all the boys were whispering about you." Chanyeol further pushed.

 

 

"Yeah Sana unnie, didn't you tell us how you were cornered by all those boys after the Futsal game?" Dahyun elbowed her slyly.

 

 

Sana turned her glare at her.

 

 

"What boys?" Junmyeon asked and Sana laughed nervously like she always did. His face looked calm save for his eyes which pierced through her intensely.

 

 

"They were just trying to introduce themselves but I promise I was okay. Youngjae oppa got me away from them."

 

 

His eyes narrowed before Chanyeol smacked his back. "Hyung you'll just have to get used to your girlfriend being popular."

 

 

Junmyeon nodded stiffly, she could tell he was still bothered by it but would let it go. She'd need to talk about it with him later.

 

 

The conversation turned to the boys giving the girls advice about what to expect with their upcoming popularity. Sana could tell that a bond was being formed between groups, although she wouldn't say they were the best of friends, there was a common connection between them. Junmyeon and Sana were their thread but there was more similarities to them that strengthened it.

 

 

In time they could become very close.

 

 

~*~

 

 

When the food was finished the two groups pushed Sana and Junmyeon away to have time to themselves as they all picked up. As the groups cleaned, Baekhyun stated what they all already knew.

 

 

"This won't end happily." He stated while gathering trash. Everyone froze at his words before slowly melting into slower movements.

 

 

His words rang true to them all. There was no way the couple could stay together for three years without being caught or remaining with their feelings. Eventually something would happen and it wouldn't be pretty.

 

 

"We know." Nayeon replied.

 

 

The younger girls looked slightly upset at the conversation and Yixing tried distracting them by asking for their help releasing the balloons.

 

 

"That just means we have to make sure they're that much more happy right now while it's good." Minseok mumbled while folding the table cloths.

 

 

"Agreed." The girls chorused.

 

 

~*~

 

 

"Today was really fun." Sana said, swinging her hand that held Junmyeons.

 

 

Junmyeon nodded, "I hope we can do it again."

 

 

"I'm glad our groups can get along so well." She smiled, "Also, what do you think about Sehun and Mina? I can't count how many times I caught one of them glancing at the other."

 

 

Junmyeon hummed thoughtfully, "As much as I wish to root for them... Sehun is far smarter then me. He won't attempt any sort of relationship with Mina with your current ban still in place."

 

 

Sana sighed, "That's probably what's best. It's hard enough with us. Although I do secretly root for them."

 

 

"I'm sure it will work out." Junmyeon murmured, pulling Sana close to him and kissing her head. "Just like us."

 

 

Sana blushed, "I think so too."

 

 

"With festival season and award season coming around, we'll have more opportunities to see each other. I bet we could secretly meet up backstage or sit near each other." His words made Sana's breath hitch. He was planning so ahead, she couldn't help but be shaken at his faith in them. Not that she didn't believe that they could survive for so long but with their constant sneaking around she always worried of the day he would tire of it. It made her happy to know how deeply he thought of them.

 

 

It gave her hope.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Sana broke away from the intense kiss as someone knocked on the door.

 

 

"I have to go." She muttered sadly.

 

 

True to Junmyeons words, they had secretly planned to meet up in the back staircase of the arena they were performing at. Chanyeol and Sehun stood like bodyguards outside the door, instructed to knock when one of Sana's members gave a signal.

 

 

Junmyeon pouted and Sana stole one last kiss before she fixed her hair and patted her cheeks.

 

 

"How do I look?"

 

 

"Beautiful."

 

 

Sana blushed and ran out the door.

 

 

~*~

 

 

The next time they weren't able to meet as Sana arrived late to the event and were only able to bow at one another on stage during the encore.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Hey Sana!” Minho greeted backstage.

 

They'd just finished recording for a new show called “Trick or True” and they had both been guests alongside Seungwan and Joohyun who walked right behind him.

 

Oh hello!” She smiled, Junmyeon had told her not to feel awkward around his friends so she was going to try her best.

 

Junmyeon is gonna be real jealous when I tell him I'm with you, in fact, let's take a selca and send it to him.”

 

Sana stuttered, she never thought Choi Minho of Shinee would be asking her for a selca. “O-okay.”

 

Seungwan and Joohyun also got in the photo as Minho took it, smiling cheekily next to Sana who could only manage to throw up a peace sign.

 

I'm going to text that to him right now.” He said, his eye's on his phone screen.

 

Congratulations on your comeback.” Seungwan squeezed Sana's arm, “TT has been stuck in my head all day.”

 

Ah thank you.” Sana blushed. Sana felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, taking it out, she noticed she had a message from Junmyeon.

 

J: Ignore Minho. Don't let him get to you.

 

What does this mean?” She muttered at the strange text.

 

Minho looked over her shoulder and laughed, “I told him I was going to steal you away by showing you embarrassing photos of him.”

 

Sana looked over to him curiously, she wondered how embarrassing those photos could be. She herself harbored a large archive that would surely make people question how she was an idol but they were all stored in a password protected laptop the girls all shared. She wanted to ask to see them but she didn't want to upset Junmyeon, especially if he didn't want her to see them.

 

Oh I want to see.” Seungwan's eye's lit up excitedly as she looked at him with anticipation.

 

Sorry, I can't just show these award winning photos to anyone. I'm saving them for a rainy day.” He smirked, pocketing his phone. “See you around Sana.” He winked over his shoulder as he left.

 

We should go also.” Joohyun said with an amused smile, “We should meet up for lunch sometime.” She said to Sana as she began pulling Seungwan away.

 

Sana nodded with a bright smile, “Goodbye.” She waved to them before walking towards where Jihyo and Jungyeon waited, distracting their manager out of sight as Sana “went to the restroom”. Their manager suspected nothing and the trio was off to their next schedule as Sana texted Junmyeon teasingly about the photos she did not see.

 

A/N: I made a promise to update at least once a week so here it is! So basically caught up to present day. And unfortunately, the angst is upon us. I hate to do it but it has to.

 

Also unrelating to the story but I'm curious what your other EXO/Twice ships are. At the moment I don't plan on making any of the other members a couple besides whatever is happening between Sehun and Mina but I'm curious who you all think would pair nicely for each other. For me:

 

Junmyeon/Sana (obviously)

Sehun/Mina

Kai/Momo/Yixing (I could see her with the both of them >.<)

Yixing/Nayeon/Baekhyun

Minseok/Jihyo (the is real but visually I think they'd be cute)

Chanyeol/Jungyeon/Jongdae

 

I can't pair the maknae line with any of the boys. I just can't. Also Kyungsoo is hard for me to decide… what do you all think?