White Noise

I Am You, You Are Me

The lack of communication was stretched harshly as Sana stared at her broken phone. A shameful Chaeyoung and Dahyun both stood in front of her with lowered heads as they apologized. She had leant them her phone since their own phones had been charging and she couldn't resist their pouts. But now she wishes she had a stronger back bone. Her phone was not only completely shattered but it no longer . She didn't even want to ask what they had been doing. All she could do was hand it over to her manager and explain that it had been an accident. Her blood ran cold as she was informed that it would take a while before they could get her a new one and transfer her stuff over. 

Other then her members, she worried about missing calls from her parents and friends back home in Japan but also from Junmyeon. Somehow she'd have to find a way to let Junmyeon know that she didn't have a cellphone. Unfortunately, she had no means of doing that without the information on the phone. She was stuck. 

All she could do was hope that Junmyeon wouldn't get angry or upset if he were to call.

~*~

Junmyeon arrived home late. It had been a long day and his patience had been tested all day. Truthfully it had been a tiring week and he was looking at an early morning set call. He hadn't had a chance to check his phone all day and hoped that he'd have some kind of message from Sana to make his day just a little bit better. They hadn't spoken verbally for a week and he really missed her voice. He wished he could call her but it was late and he knew that with her comeback she was most likely at a radio show or getting whatever sleep she could get. Selfishly he almost hoped she'd call him but he couldn't find it in him to call her. Instead he checked to see if he had received any messages from her. 

He was disappointed to see none. He could feel annoyance take over him as he typed a message to her. 

J: miss you. Hope you're resting well. Goodnight. <3

He locked his phone after hitting send and shut his eyes, telling himself he'd find a chance to call her tomorrow. 

~*~

It had been two days since Sana's phone had broken and she was still desperately trying to get a message to Junmyeon. 

She had tried to somehow get the attention of Jongdae, Minseok or Baekhyun but their paths never seemed to cross backstage and their timing was never good. She only managed to meet their eyes briefly before she had been pulled away by a manager for her next schedule. 

She worried more how Junmyeon was handling her silence. Although they hardly spoke on the phone they had promised to text each other goodnight or good morning and she had broken that promise. Hopefully he wouldn't be angry or take it in a wrong way. 

She hoped she could get her phone back soon or get in touch with him somehow.

~*~

It was Sunday and Junmyeon had had enough of Sana's silence. He needed to talk with her.

He had asked Minseok to get in touch with her but he had been unsuccessful during their subunit debut appearances at music shows. 

So he needed to take matters into his own hands. It wouldn't be weird for him to show up to the Inkigayo live show. His senior and s were performing, no one would suspect anything or even guess his real motives. 

He'd talk to Sana today.

~*~

Sana rushed off the stage after their encore. She made an excuse of needing the restroom as she went to search for Minseok, Jongdae or Baekhyun before they left. 

The hallways were packed with idols and staff all trying to make it to their next schedule. Sana was distracted by her motivation that she didn't notice staff members running straight toward her. It wasn't until someone pushed her out of the way, pinning her to the wall, that she had taken notice of all the people rushing past. 

"You should watch where you're going." 

She looked up and blushed as she met BTOBs Sungjaes eyes. 

"I'm sorry." She began to apologize fervently. 

He smiled gently and ruffled her hair and Sana realized that they were still standing intimately too close. "We can't have Twices trendsetter getting hurt can we." 

Finally he stepped away and Sana was able to relax slightly. She shook her head at his words with a nervous giggle, "I'll do my best." 

"Fighting." He raised a first up and Sana couldn't help but smile at the way he looked at her so seriously.

"Fighting." She mimicked with her own fist.

He smiled and bowed to her, "I'll let you get going. Congratulations by the way."

"Thank you." She bowed back and waved to him as he left. 

As Sana turned to continue her way to her destination she froze as her eye met a hard gaze. She gasped as she recognized his eyes and then his face. Her eyes drinking up his image that she had been deprived of for so long. The only distraction for the beautiful view was the upset look on his face that made her stomach knot.

~*~

Junmyeon had been frozen in place. He had watched from the boys dressing room as the winner had been announced and he had been filled with pride as Twice had claimed the trophy for a second week. He had wanted to go seek Sana out and somehow get her attention from a distance so they could speak when he had turned the corner to see her pressed up against the wall by Sungjae with a blush on her face. 

He was frozen as he watched the entire interaction, his fists clenching at the way she giggled and smiled at him. His vision was red by the time they said goodbye and he couldn't even look at her calmly.

"Junmyeon." She whispered softly as she hesitantly approached. 

"Is that why you haven't answered my calls." He spat bitterly. 

He hated the way she flinched but he couldn't apologize. He was tired and angry. He'd been filled with worry that she'd gotten in trouble that perhaps they had been caught. Doubt had kept him up at night, thoughts that perhaps she had realized what a loser he was and was keeping her distance to break up with him. The sight of her pressed so closely to another man fired his fuel so much that he no longer wanted to look at her.

"N-no. It's a misunderstanding. I-" 

"Sana unnie!" Dahyun called out, looking panicked as she ran towards them, slowing once she realized the tension in the room.

Sana looked over at Junmyeon desperately, "I have to go."

"I'd tell you that I'll call you but I doubt you'd answer." He muttered before he his heel and left.

His heart broke as he walked away from her. 

~*~

Sana's chest felt heavy as she watched him walk away, her eyes filling with tears. She so desperately wanted to reach out, call his name, stop him from leaving. She didn't want to end things like that. After so long of not seeing one another that couldn't be how they ended things.

But she was needed and she followed Dahyun numbly back to where her members left. She tiredly faked her enthusiasm for the rest of the day. The fansigning only barely managing to distract her for a few hours. But it was all hollow acts and smiles. 

When the girls tiredly returned home Sana realized what she had to do.

"What?" Jihyo and Nayeon stared at her as if she had grown another head. 

"I have to go see Junmyeon. I don't like how we ended things today and I don't know when I'll get my cellphone back. I need to sneak out." Sana explained.

"And how are you going to do that with the CCTV out front? It's also past curfew." Jihyo questioned.

"I'll go out our window." Sana stated obviously. "I looked at it before we came in, it doesn't look so hard to climb down or up." 

"You're crazy." Nayeon laughed mockingly. "You're the clumsiest member in the group, do you really think you'd be able to do that?"

Sana nodded, she was determined. "Listen I'm going. I just wanted to let you know."

Jihyo sighed, "Make sure you're home early, we'll leave the window cracked for you to come back in." She said rubbing her temple. 

Sana hugged her tightly for approving and made her way to the window. 

Climbing down was easier said then down and she swore she died nine times as she slowly made her way down. By the time she managed to put two feet on the ground, her hands were numb and scrapped.

As she began to walk she realized she was still only wearing a thin sweater and skinny jeans. In her rush she hadn't thought about how cold it was beginning to get as winter came. So she was stuck walking with hands pressed tightly to her body as she prayed that the forecasted late night rain was not true. 

Of course fate was against her and soon she felt droplets of water landing on her head softly.

And she thought a light sprinkle wouldn't be so bad.

It got worse and she could only try her best to duck under awnings or any type of shelter as she journeyed. Without her phone she had no clue how long she had been walking, just the ache of her feet giving her any inclination of how long. She was drenched, shivering and just overall exhausted by the time she reached Junmyeons building.

As she stood outside she realized she would have no means of getting inside. Going in through the front would be a no go and there was security at the booth for the parking garage. She knew the code for the doors but she'd have to sneak past the booth to get to them.

The security guard in the booth looked to be dozing off and she could only wait until his eyes were fully shut before she quickly ran under the bar. Once inside she ran, managing only to trip two times, she made it to the door that she needed a passcode for. Luckily Junmyeon had entrusted her with that information when she had been hurt and she quickly punched in the numbers. She fist bumped the air as the door beeped signaling her success and she was inside. 

Her feet squeaked on the marble floors as she walked cautiously to elevator they had used before. She managed to make it inside without bumping into anyone and she allowed herself to relax. She was shivering violently as she rode up and the carpet beneath her was damping from the water dripping from her hair. She was glad she had taken off her extensions and make up before deciding to go on her crazy journey. She held her body tightly as the doors slid open and she exited onto Junmyeons floor. 

Her legs were wobbly and her body numb but she pushed herself forward. 

Reaching his door, she hesitantly lifted a fist to knock. It hovered over the door as she quickly contemplated if she had made the right decision to come out so late. No doubt he and the others were tired from busy schedules and it was so late at night, she'd be waking at least one of them with her knock. 

But she had walked all the way there and she wasn't going to let that be for nothing. She was going to talk to Junmyeon and fix things.

~*~

Junmyeon plopped down on his bed tiredly after slipping into some sweats. His hair was still damp from his shower but he was too lazy to blow dry it at the moment. Instead he chose to glare the phone that had no messages from the one he called his girlfriend. He felt terrible for how he had walked away and had immediately beat himself up for it once he had calmed down. He was already in the car heading home by the time he came to his senses to do anything about it. 

He could only stare at his home screen that displayed a photo of her smiling adorably and curse himself for being so stupid. He'd have to beg on his knees for forgiveness. 

There was a buzz signaling someone at the door and he briefly heard Kyungsoo call out that he got it from the living room. 

Junmyeon sighed and sat up. It was most likely their manager or food that one of the boys had ordered late at night. 

"Whose here?" Sehun asked sleepily from his bed, he was watching a movie on his laptop and took off one earpiece to listen.

Junmyeon shrugged, looking out their open bedroom door.

"Hyung!" Jongin came running in suddenly, his eyes wide and panicked, "its Sana!" 

Junmyeon momentarily froze before he snapped up and ran out. He could hear the two boys on his heels as he made his way to the front of the dorm.

He wasn't wrong and Sana was there standing dripping wet from head to toe, teary eyed and pale.

"Sana." He choked out. 

Jongdae hurriedly came in with towels and blankets, most likely from Kyungsoos directions. 

"What are you doing here?" He took a hesitant step forward.

She burst into tears and Junmyeon closed the space between them, scooping her into his arms and pressing her icy body close to him. She was so cold and he concluded that she must have walked all the way from her dorm here. Tears filled his own eyes as he realized that she had walked all the way there just for him and her cold shivering body was his fault. He grabbed a blanket from Jongdae and wrapped it around her. He had to hold her tightly so she wouldn't fall. She must be so exhausted from her walk. 

"She'll catch a fever if she doesn't warm up. Maybe I should warm up a bath for her." Kyungsoo softly suggested.

Junmyeon nodded, it would be best to get her warm first and work out their problems after. 

"Sana, we need to get you warm." He whispered into her ear gently.

Her head that rested on his bare chest nodded. 

He guided her to the bathroom where Kyungsoo was already filling the tub. 

"I'll get her some clothes from your drawer Hyung." Sehun said before heading to their room. 

Minseok placed a plastic bag and extra towels on the sink counter, "These are for her wet clothes." He explained.

Junmyeon nodded, Sana was still buried into his chest. 

Sehun returned with some sweats and T-Shirt. Junmyeon wasn't very large so it would fit her well. 

"The water is ready." Kyungsoo muttered before leaving.

"Sana it's time for you to get in. I'll leave you to bathe. And I'll wait for you in my room." He said softly, his hands gently holding her waist to push her away.

Her arms wrapped tightly around him at his gentle attempts to separate them. "Stay for just a moment." She stuttered, her eyes squeezed tightly as she pressed as close to him as she could.

Junmyeon nodded, holding her was something he'd been wishing to do for such a long time. 

He'd hold her for just a little longer.