Cheer Up

I Am You, You Are Me

Sana locked all feelings of regret and doubt as she pressed her lips softly against Junmyeons.

 

He'd been looking down at her with such a soft caring look and the small smirk on his lips had been too tempting for her to take any more.

 

She gave up.

 

Before she could come to her senses and pull away, Junmyeon lifted a hand to caress her face as he kissed her back. One of their hands was still intertwined as they kissed and Sana wished to stay that way forever.

 

Junmyeon broke away first and Sana's eyelids fluttered open to look at him.

 

That may be the best birthday gift I've ever received.” He whispered, his face still close enough that Sana felt his breath ghost over her lips. He leaned his forehead on hers as they looked at each other. “What am I going to do with you.” He tsk'd.

 

Maybe love me?” She shyly whispered. “I know my dating ban complicates things but I'm willing to do anything as long as I get to be with you.” She confessed.

 

Her words shocked him as he leaned away and stared at her with wide eyes and his mouth opening and closing like a fish.

 

A-are y-you serious?” He gasped out.

 

She nodded her head.

 

He grinned widely and pulled her in close for another kiss.

 

After breaking away he kissed her forehead.

 

Minatozaki Sana I love you.”

 

She beamed at his words, she couldn't believe that he felt the same way that she did for him. It was almost too good to be true.

 

I love you Kim Junmyeon.” She responded.

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

Amber cursed as she locked her phone, she owed Soojung a new purse.

 

 

~*~

 

Junmyeon returned to the dorm much later with rosy cheeks and a wide grin.

 

Upon entering he walked right over to Jongin and hugged him tightly.

 

Thank you for the wonderful birthday gift.” He thanked, kissing his cheek before walking to his room whistling 'Cheer Up' as he went.

 

Hundred says they did it.” Chanyeol betted.

 

Kyungsoo slapped the back of his head with his book, “Don't be crude.”

 

Things must have gone really well.” Jongdae commented.

 

Jongin whistled suspiciously, he may or may not have had proof of things going well.

 

Spill.” Sehun slid up next to him. “I know you know what happened.”

 

Jongin do you know what happened?” Minseok looked at him curiously.

 

Jongin sighed and unlocked his phone, “I may have stopped by to see how things were going and caught something.”

 

The boys gathered up closer, even Kyungsoo couldn't resist taking a peak at Jongins evidence.

 

The grainy photo showed the adorable couple kiss, which Jongin had quickly snapped after hearing their confessions for each other.

 

I also heard them confess but I didn't record it.” Jongin informed, putting his phone away. “I left immediately after the photo.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “It's gonna be rough.”

 

What do you mean?” Chanyeol looked up at him in confusion.

 

Well she has a three year dating ban.” He stated, “They'll have to be extra careful to keep it a secret and we all know that that doesn't work for long.” He said giving Jongin a pointed look, “It's not going to be easy.”

 

I know it won't.”

 

The boys turned to see Junmyeon staring at Baekhyun with a serious look.

 

I know it won't be easy but I'd do anything if it meant being with her.” He continued, “She's worth it.”

 

Hyung that's deep.” Sehun commented with an awkward laugh.

 

I'm serious.”

 

We know.” Kyungsoo responded. “And we'll support you just like we'll support Jongin.”

 

You might need it more than me though.” Jongin said sympathetically.

 

Hey maybe we should group date,” Sehun suggested, “You and Sana, Jongin and Soojung and Sana can introduce me to Mina.”

 

One, we don't need another secret relationship.” Minseok said. “Two, you might be onto something.”

 

Jongdae nodded, “It might be easier for you guys if you hung out in a group.”

 

It might be weird if EXO and Twice suddenly started hanging out though.” Baekhyun pointed out.

 

Amber and Sana are sorta friends...” Junmyeon murmured as he pondered on ideas.

 

I think maybe they should establish a friendship for the public,” Kyungsoo suggested, “And then it won't be as weird if you do a group date.”

 

Maybe you should consider getting Seulgi and the rest of the Velvet girls involved.” Chanyeol said. “I'm sure they wouldn't mind helping out.”

 

I don't think they've had enough interactions to be close.” Junmyeon shook his head. “For now I think Amber will be enough.”

 

You're probably right, less people knowing is probably for the best.” Baekhyun agreed.

 

Chanyeol raised a fist, “SanYeon fighting!”

 

The boys looked over at him with a look of confusion.

 

What? They need a couple name.”

 

SanYeon is terrible.” Sehun responded in disgust.

 

Like you can think of something better.” Chanyeol glared.

 

I can.” Sehun pursed his lips as he thought. Snapping when he came to a name, “How about JuNa?”

 

That's-” Kyungsoo cringed.

 

I like that one better.” Junmyeon shamlessly agreed.

 

Sehun smirked triumphantly over at Chanyeol.

 

While Chanyeol sulked the boys slowly started to wonder off to their rooms as the conversation came to an end. Junmyeon also took his leave, heading to his room.

 

He dove onto his bed, fishing out his phone from his pocket, he had felt it vibrate earlier.

 

S: got home safely :)

 

J: good, sorry for the late reply I was talking to the boys

 

He waited for a few minutes until he figured she must have fallen asleep while waiting for him to reply.

 

Locking his phone he turned over to stare at the ceiling, his hand ghosting over his lips as he recalled how Sana's lips had felt earlier.

 

He still couldn't believe he had confessed or that she had kissed, both situations he thought would never happen. It was relieving to finally get his feelings out in the open and his body had buzzed with excitement as she declared her own feelings for him back to him. It took all his will power to let her go so they could go home and he felt empty as he watched her enter Ambers car.

 

He tried not to dwell over the fact that he'd EXO would also be coming back soon and seeing her would more than likely take a very long time.

 

There's skype or face time.” He muttered to himself, “It's gonna be fine.”

 

It did little to reassure him though.

 

Unlocking his phone he opened up the newest picture they had taken that night. Immediately he was at ease upon seeing her face.

 

It would all be fine.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Sana was honest as she explained to the girls that she had yet again been tricked on going on a date with Junmyeon but this time had confessed her feeling for him and that currently the two of them were sorta secretly dating. The girls were extremely happy and promised to help her in any way so that the relationship could work out.

 

She knew some of the girls were doubtful of the relationship lasting as long as their dating ban extended and a small part of her knew it would be highly unlikely but she was a big optimist so she had to believe that things would work out in the end.

 

They had to.

 

 

~*~

 

Junmyeon groaned as he sat down.

 

The boys had been in the practice room for hours and the end was no where near as they took a half hour break.

 

And although his body ached and his feet wore sore, his groaning came with the reminder that he wouldn't see Sana for a while.

 

Hyung, need some water?” Yixing bounced over and took a seat beside him.

 

He'd finally come home after weeks of promoting in China and Junmyeon was sure he was close to collapsing from exhaustion but the boy was just as energized as the rest of them as they reunited. There were many times Junmyeon was angry with their company but one of the most frequent reasons was overworking Yixing the way they did, his anger sometimes extended over to Yixing whose caring soul could never say no to something that could possibly make the fans happy, even if it meant pain and exhaustion for himself. At the moment though he was just happy to have him back.

 

Even now red faced and sweating he smiled brightly over at him.

 

Junmyeon nodded and took the bottle, distractedly checking to see if he had received any messages from Sana.

 

Whose Sana?” Yixing asked, his head resting on Junmyeons shoulder.

 

Junmyeon smiled shyly.

 

His girlfriend.” Kyungsoo answered, joining them.

 

Hyung when did you get a girlfriend?” He said, playfully pushing him.

 

Recently.” He answered, “She's in the rookie group Twice.” He stated proudly.

 

Ah the pretty ones.” Yixing nodded. “I've heard they've been doing really good.”

 

Junmyeon nodded, “They've won triple crowns.” He smiled, proudly, “And Sana's the prettiest.” He winked.

 

He looked down at his phone and sighed.

 

I wish I could see her,” Junmyeon confessed with a pout, “Her schedules slowing down and ours is about to speed up and Ambers in Paris so we can't do anything.”

 

Why don't you facetime her?” Yixing suggested.

 

What if she's around her managers?”

 

What is she not allowed to date or something?” Yixing asked in confusion.

 

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo nodded.

 

Well then she'll ignore the call and probably text you. It's worth a try.” Jongdae interjected as he joined them.

 

Junmyeon blushed, “But I'm sweaty and my hair...” He said patting his newly dyed hair which stuck to his forehead.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shoved a hat on his head, “There problem solved. Now call her.”

 

Okay okay.” Junmyeon bit his lip nervously as he called her.

 

To his surprise and delight she answered.

 

Sana!” He greeted, instantly in a better mood. “Hello!”

 

Hi!” She waved at the screen, “Your extremely lucky my managers just left.” She informed him.

 

Ah, good. I was worried you wouldn't answer. Where are you? Your dorm?”

 

She nodded, “I'm in my room.” She blushed, “I'd show it to you but it's kinda a mess.”

 

While they spoke Sehun and Chanyeol and Jongin joined them, sitting around Junmyeon.

 

Hi Sana!” Sehun greeted leaning into camera so she could see him, “Is Mina there?”

 

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo pushed him away.

 

Ignore him.” Junmyeon laughed.

 

Oh is everyone there?” Sana tilted her head cutely.

 

Junmyeon nodded and turned the phone so she could see everyone. The boys all waved and greeted her enthusiastically.

 

Oh and this is Yixing,” Junmyeon introduced, “He was in China so you weren't able to meet him the last time.”

 

Hello!” They greeted each other.

 

Oh Mina!” Sana suddenly said, Junmyeon watched as she got up from the bed, the screen shakily showing her as she did. “Mina this is Junmyeon.”

 

Sehun brightend up at the sound of the name and scooted over to see, pushing Kyungsoo over so he could sit next to Junmyeon. Kyungsoo glared at him but allowed him to claim the spot.

 

Hello.” Mina bowed at the camera.

 

Cute.” Sehun murmured.

 

Hello Mina, it's nice to meet you.” Junmyeon said politely. “This is Sehun.” He pointed.

 

Hello!” Sehun greeted with a wave.

 

He's a big fan of yours.” Junmyeon informed her, smirking.

 

Hyung!” Sehun shook him.

 

Junmyeon and Sana both laughed at Sehuns red face as he slid away and sat back to his original spot.

 

Mina was blushing on the screen and quietly excused herself.

 

Sana was still giggling and Junmyeon fell in love with the sound over again.

 

The other boys quietly all left to give them some privacy, moving to the other side of the dance room.

 

I wish I could see you.” He admitted, staring at her longingly.

 

You're seeing me right now.” She muttered shyly.

 

I wish I could hold you then.” He said more boldly.

 

She blushed and ducked her head. “I wish you could also.”

 

Junmyeon sighed, “I'll be starting album promotions soon. It'll be a while until we could see each other.”

 

I guess this is our first test.” She responded seriously.

 

He nodded, “I guess so... JuNa fighting!” He said attempting to lighten the mood.

 

JuNa?” She giggled.

 

Sehun came up with it.” He chuckled.

 

Oh,” She laughed, raising a fist, “JuNa fighting!”

 

JUNA YES!” Sehun called out as he approached, “Hyung we have to get back to practice.”

 

Oh,” Junmyeon looked down sadly at Sana. “I guess I have to go? Can we facetime later?”

 

Sana nodded, “I'll text you when I'm free later.”

 

He nodded. “Bye, love you.”

 

She smiled brightly, “Love you!” She said sending him a heart.

 

He waved and sadly ended the call.

 

 

~*~

 

 

You done?” Mina peeked her head into the room.

 

Sana nodded as she hugged her pillow.

 

Mina walked over and snuggled up with her on the bed.

 

What's wrong?”

 

I miss him more now then I did when we were just friends.” Sana admitted. “I've accepted that this relationship is gonna be hard but I still feel sad.”

 

Mina stared over at her sadly, “Your the optimism queen but you're allowed to feel sad and doubtful from time to time.” She smiled encouragingly, “And I know you two will make it work, if your feelings are as strong as you claim they are then you'll make it through the hard times. I know it.”

 

Sana snuggled into her, smiling hopefully now, “Your right, thanks Minari. What would I do without you?”

 

That's a scary thought.” Mina smiled.

 

They suddenly heard shouting from the other side of dorm and looked at each other knowingly.

 

Foods here.” They said simultaneously.

 

Giggling both girls went out to living room, hand in hand.

 

Momo was already stuffing her face by the time they arrived and had been the source of the screaming they had head. There was no one in the world that loved food more than Momo that was for sure.

 

Hey she's taken.” Jungyeon pointed over at Sana.

 

Let's use this for blackmail.” Chaeyoung said taking a photo quickly.

 

Sana stuck her tongue out at them.

 

She was thankful that although she couldn't be around Junmyeon, she wasn't entirely alone.