Lady Luck

I Am You, You Are Me

Sana's hands shook as the V-live broadcast ended. The members and managers were all hugging and crying as they celebrated and while she was able to relax during the stream; all her nerves returned as she remembered her promise to Mina. She numbly felt Dahyun hugging her as she cried and all she could do was hold her and stare blankly at the floor. She wasn't sure if her hands shook from her nerves or from the fact that their new song was now out there for the world to hear. She was a mess of emotions as she tried processing it all before anyone noticed she was out of it.

 

It took an hour for the managers to all leave, instructing them to sleep immediately as they had a heavy schedule coming up for the next couple of weeks.

 

Before the girls could all stand and head to their rooms, Sana jumped up and caught their attention.

 

“I have something to tell you all!” She yelled. Her hands were clenched tightly at her sides as she shook.

 

“Oh,” Jihyo was the first to react, looking towards everyone with a look that meant 'shut up and listen', “What is it?”

 

The girls who had just been standing up ready to head to their rooms all sat back down.

 

“I-I,” Sana looked over at Mina, who nodded her head encouragingly. “I haven't been honest with you all.” She couldn't look them in the eyes as she spoke, bowing slightly. “I'm sorry.”

 

“Sana what's going on?” Nayeon asked worriedly, Sana had never been one to cause trouble or lie.

 

“How do I explain this...” She murmured, “I guess from the text.” She sighed, “Amber unnie set me up on a date with Junmyeon sunbae.”

 

All the girls reacted immediately standing up and bursting out with questions.

 

“WHAT?”

 

“WHO?”

 

“Minatozaki Sana explain!”

 

“Okay okay!” She wrapped her arms around her, “I didn't know it was a date when I went. I thought it was just lunch with Amber unnie but I read the text message wrong and it was actually a date with Ju-Suho, from EXO, and when I got there, I explained to him about our dating ban and he was so disappointed but he wanted to treat me to lunch for the misunderstanding and he was so nice and funny and it was nice so we exchanged numbers and agreed to be friends and I didn't think we'd actually text each other but then when I went hiking the other day I fell and hurt my ankle and called him and he rushed over and helped me and took me to his dorm and took care of me and I fell asleep so he let me sleep in his room and it was nice and Amber unnie brought me back home so I wouldn't get in trouble and we've been texting each other every day and you guy deserved to know.” She gasped for air as she finished, she felt immediately better as she got everything off her chest and was finally honest with them.

 

She looked up to see all the members staring at her with wide eyes and open mouths as they gaped at her. She bit her lip nervously and felt a nervous laugh building as they continued to stay mute.

 

“You're dating the leader of EXO?” Jungyeon said slowly, like she was still processing the words in her mind.

 

“No!” Sana quickly shook her head. “Three year dating ban remember?” She muttered sadly.

 

Out of all the members she was always the most vocal about her disappointment in the ban. She grew up watching Anime and reading Magnas and the romance had grabbed her attention and she had fallen in love with the idea of falling in love. When they had told her about the dating ban she hadn't paid it much mind as the actuality of her debuting was setting in but as the group began appearing on music shows and variety shows she couldn't help but remember the shackles she wore for being a rookie. The other girls knew well her feelings about the ban and often about it.

 

“But you like him.” Jihyo pressed, staring at her expressionless.

 

Sana blushed and chuckled nervously, “N-no… I-I don't know...”

 

“Would you date him if we didn't have ban?” Nayeon raised an eyebrow.

 

“M-maybe.” She shrugged and looked at the floor.

 

“Aw our little Sana is in love!” Momo squealed, hopping up and squeezing her into a hug.

 

“W-what? L-l-love? N-no!” Sana tried pushing her away. “No way. I can't.” She shook her head rapidly.

 

Nayeon looked at her sympathetically, “Just because you can't date him doesn't mean you can't love him.”

 

“No theres no way I can love him.” Sana refused to accept it. Sure she thought he was beautiful and funny and they got along really well and her heart raced when they were together or whenever she saw his name pop up with a message but falling in love with him was trouble and not allowed. Accepting that she loved him would cause her nothing but heartache. There was also the fact that he was older and apart of one of the most popular idol groups and in no way could feel the same for her.

 

All the girls looked at her sadly (which she would take over looks of anger any day).

 

Sana sighed, “It would be trouble if I did.”

 

“If you did date him, you know we wouldn't be mad right? We'd keep your secret.” Jihyo said warmly, “We'd support anything you'd want.”

 

Sana looked at them in surprise as all of them nodded their head.

 

“Love happens.” Nayeon walked over and hugged her, “How could we stop it?”

 

“I don't love him.” Sana muttered stubbornly, “At least I don't think I do.”

 

“Well whatever happens, we have your back.” Jungyeon nodded with determination.

 

All the girls shouted their agreement as they squeezed her in a group hug.

 

“What is this, a K-Drama?” Jungyeon commented.

 

Nayeon pinched her, “You're ruining the moment.”

 

Sana laughed, glad to have such amazing people in her life.

 

Finally she felt at peace.

 

 

~*~

 

Junmyeons birthday was quickly approaching and all he could seem to want was to see Sana.

 

He'd been filled with such happiness and pride when he'd watched her and the rest of her group take home so many wins. He had texted her his congratulation each time they'd won. He'd also secretly boughten her new album and had sulked when he hadn't gotten any of her photo cards, and found himself listening to the album on repeat.

 

He'd also been happy to hear that she had told her members about him. Not that there was much going on between them but he liked that she wouldn't have to worry as much now that they knew. He also hoped that they didn't think badly of him which she quickly reassured him that they didn't.

 

Back to the topic of his birthday, s had all asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he had thought deeply about minimal things he could ask for but nothing felt like the right response so he had answered, “Just a day we could spend together would be nice. Maybe dinner?”, the members had glared at him and walked away unsatisfied with his answer.

 

Later that day he had caught Jongin whispering on the phone when he entered the kitchen and he had quickly walked out.

 

Junmyeon frowned, things had gotten better between the two of them since the news had come out so he wasn't sure why he was suddenly acting so suspicious.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon sighed deeply as he put the phone down on the café table. Almost on cue his phone rang, Chanyeols name and picture popping up on the display. If Junmyeon knew him well, which he did, then he was about to try to keep him from going online and somehow buy Jongin time from what they assumed was a lecture.

 

Yes?” Junmyeon answered tiredly.

 

Hyung, where are you?” Chanyeol's boastful voice greeted him, “Will you be home soon?”

Junmyeon rubbed his forehead, he had suspected when he read the news that Chanyeol as well as the other boys would be aware of the situation. They had all probably known for weeks if not months of the secret relationship. Junmyeon was more hurt than angry but he couldn't blame anyone but himself for their secrecy. He would always regret having reacted the way he had the last time one of the boys had been in a relationship and he was sure it had been the reason he had been kept in the dark this time.

 

I'm at a café why?”

 

Just wondering, I was missing your presence. Hey have you been online recently?”

 

He pondered for a minute if he should lie and say he hadn't but he didn't have the energy to play around at the moment.

 

Yes I have.” He said coldly. “Tell Jongin I'll be home soon.”

 

He hung up the phone and sighed heavily.

 

He wasn't in any way against the relationship, in fact he'd been hoping the two would pair up eventually but he knew it would be a rough couple of weeks for Jongin and the group as a whole as fans would not respond well.

 

As he was about to stand to leave his phone beeped with a new message, half expecting it to be one of the boys he was surprised when he read Sana's name.

 

S: Good morning!

 

He felt himself smile as he settled back in his seat more comfortably.

 

J: Morning! More album preparations today?

 

S: Some cf filming actually, and you?

 

J: I have a member to talk to :/

 

S: oh I saw the news… did you know?

 

J: no

 

S: ah sorry I hope everything goes well

 

J: me 2

 

S: try not to be too hard on him, I'm sure he had his reasons for keeping it a secret

 

Junmyeon suspected that Sana's sympathy might have to do with her keeping him a secret from her members and managers. She could probably relate to Jongin. Though he was also sure that she'd be sympathetic anyways because she was a genuine person.

 

J: I might have an inkling to those reasons but I promise not to give him a hard time

 

S: good. Well I should go get ready, talk to you later?

 

J: of course have fun :)

 

Junmyeon locked the phone and stood with a little more confidence, his conversations with Sana always left him in a better mood. Now he could go talk to Jongin with a clear head and give him the chance to explain without Junmyeon letting his emotions getting the better of him.

 

 

Back at the dorm Jongin waited for him on the couch looking like a scolded child. Junmyeon suspected their manager had already been by before him.

 

Junmyeon sighed and patted his shoulder, “It's alright Jongin.”

 

Hyung...” He croaked out horsely, “I'm sorry.”

 

You haven't done anything bad Jongin.” He reassured him.

 

Jongin looked at him in surprise and red eyes, “Y-you're not mad?”

 

Of course not. Maybe a little hurt that I was the only one who didn't know but I'm not mad.” He smiled. “You two suit each other well.”

 

Jongins body relaxed noticeably at his words and a grin spread on his lips, “Thank you hyung.”

 

Junmyeon hugged him and ruffled his hair, “Sorry for making you feel like you had to hide it from me.”

 

Sorry I wasn't honest about it.” Jongin murmured. “Though I'm surprised you're taking it so well.”

 

Thank Sana, she calmed me down.” Junmyeon grinned.

 

Jongin smiled and nodded, “I will.”

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

Amber was sure that she'd have to get used to this.

 

She sat outside of Sana's dorm as she waited for the girl. She'd sent her a text earlier asking her to join her for dinner and thankfully Sana's schedule was free for the night so she had agreed, with the promise that she wasn't being set up on another blind date. And while that wasn't the case, Amber hadn't been entirely truthful. She still felt slightly bad for that misunderstanding but it was relieved when she heard from Chanyeol and Soojung (who had heard from Jongin) that Junmyeon had been a lot more brighter these days and that the two still kept contact. At the moment she and Soojung held a bet of how long the pair would go before they would cave and start to date. She thought it would be at least a couple more weeks while Soojung suspected soon.

 

Jongin had wanted to surprise Junmyeon with an early birthday gift, claiming he had been sulking and difficult and that the only thing that would make him happy would be being able to see Sana.

 

Amber felt sorry for the two star crossed lovers and had agreed to be decoy for Sana's managers. She was sure when the two realized their feelings for each other Amber would be playing chauffeur for many times to come.

 

Sorry my managers wanted to make sure I didn't fall asleep again.” Sana greeted her as she entered.

 

It's okay.” Amber reassured, “Ready to go?”

 

Sana nodded.

 

Amber hoped Sana would be okay with the surprise, she'd have to make it up to her by actually taking her out to eat as just the two of them one day.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Junmyeon looked up at the stars as he waited for Jongin. He had called and invited him to dinner at the Sky Rose Garden, which had made him raise an eyebrow but he hadn't questioned him especially after Jongin stated he wanted to treat him to an early birthday dinner.

 

Jongin, though, was late.

 

That boy.” He muttered, shaking his head.

 

Huh?” He heard someone say, making him whip his head toward the owner of the voice.

 

He stood quickly stood at the sight of Sana staring at him with wide eyes.

 

Sana!” He smiled brightly.

 

Did we get set up again?” Sana smiled back at him.

 

I guess we did.” He chuckled, “Hungry?”

 

She smiled gratefully at him as he pulled out the chair for her to sit on and took his seat now more energized that Sana was here. He practically leaned over the table as he gazed at her.

 

Well this is a great early birthday gift.” He stated.

 

Sana's face fell at his words, “Ah if I had known I was gonna meet you I would have gotten you a gift.” She pouted. “I guess I'll have to think of something before the night is over.”

 

No no it's fine. Seeing you is a gift enough.” He smiled.

 

Sana blushed and hid behind the menu. “I've always wanted to come here but never had the chance.”

 

I think I've been here once.” Junymeon commented, looking around, “Though never with a pretty girl.” He slapped his forehead as he realized he was being too flirty, they had agreed to be friends after all. “Sorry, I'm a bit excited.”

 

It's okay.” She chuckled. “Isn't it a bit empty here?” She questioned, looking around.

 

Junmyeon looked around and was surprised at the lack of people around, “Jongin must have requested a private party.” He hadn't really realized the emptiness when he had arrived, so used to keeping his head down to hide, he hadn't looked around.

 

So let me guess, Amber brought you.” Junmyeon said after the waiter left with their orders.

 

She nodded, “She said we were going out to dinner.” She chuckled, “I wonder if we will ever have an actual meal together.”

 

He chuckled along with her, “Well you can have a meal with me anytime you want.” He winked.

 

She smiled warmly at him and he took notice that she looked slightly tired, most likely to her heavy schedule but her eyes still shone beautifully as they focused on him. She took his breath away and he felt himself fall for her deeper.

 

He had realized that he might love Sana a little after their first few conversations and seeing her tonight had confirmed his feelings as she looked at him like he was the only one in the world.

 

Their dinner arrived, breaking their mini stare off and they smiled awkwardly as they dug into their food.

 

This is really good, here try,” Sana said extending her spoon.

 

He looked at it wide eyed.

 

She blushed, slowly pulling it back, “Sorry I'm used to always feeding my members.”

 

He grabbed her hand softly and pulled the spoon towards him, “It's rude to offer something and take it back.” He said looking her in the eyes as he took a bite.

 

He nodded, “That is rather good, you should try my food.” He said extending his spoon towards her.

 

She hesitated momentarily before taking his offer.

 

The pair giggled at their awkwardness after and continued their meal.

 

I saw that you've been going viral.” Junmyeon commented as he finished up.

 

Sana's eyes lit up at his words, “I still can't believe that it's gone so far.” She shook her head in disbelief.

 

I'm kinda jealous I haven't been able to see it live.” He pouted, looking at her pointedly.

 

Oh, um...” She blushed.

 

Can I hear it just once? For my birthday.”

 

Sana nodded, “Alright for your birthday.”

 

She took a deep breath and Junmyeon leaned forward with excitement, “I was with my friend shashasha.”

 

Junmyeon gripped his chest, “Too cute! I can't… handle it.” He gasped.

 

Stop!” She laughed, “Ah now I'm embarrassed.”

 

He pointed at her, “You are dangerously too cute.”

 

Stop,” She muttered, her cheeks glowing red as she ducked her head.

 

The two jumped at the loud sound of a firework in the distance, they both looked up in surprise.

 

Look!” She pointed.

 

Shall we go take a closer look?” Junmyeon stood and offered her his hand.

 

She took it and Junmyeon boldly held it as he walked them over towards the railing.

 

They stood with shoulders touching, looking up at the sky as more and more fireworks appeared.

 

Is this just a coincidence or do you think...” She wondered out loud.

 

Hmm I think it's just a coincidence or maybe just fate.” He said looking down at her.

 

He squeezed the hand he was still holding and admired how the colors in the sky illuminated a master piece on her face, her eyes shining even more so then they usually did with the kaleidoscope of colors.

 

I think I know what I want to give you for your birthday.” She announced suddenly, turning toward him.

 

Hmm, whats that?” He leaned in eagerly.

 

She blushed and looked up at him, “This.” She whispered, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss on his lips.