Lotto

I Am You, You Are Me

A/N: I'm terribly sorry for the last chapter, I haven't reread it but I feel likes it's my worst chapter yet. I wrote it in the middle of the night while I waited for the MMAs to start and also while I was delirious from lack of sleep so I'm sorry lmao. Sorry if the "angst" was anticlimactic but that's just because our babies are new to love and have no idea what they're doing. Also there was a lot of EXOTWICE at the MMAs. Even if they didn't technically speak, there were moments and I'm not sorry if I'm reaching. Some of them were caught on camera for us to enjoy! Anyways enjoy the chapter!


By the time the Melon Awards came around, Sana still had yet to receive her cellphone back. Luckily she had managed to get Junmyeons number written down on paper for her to put in Mina's phone. She really owed her something for all that she's done for her. 

She was buzzing with anticipation as they got off the car and made their way towards the red carpet. It was the first time they'd be attending the MMA's and they were nominated for some big awards. They were also performing two songs in front of a large crowd who were more then likely here for their seniors. Not to mention they'd be performing in front of them as well. It's not like it was the first time they'd be performing in the same event but most of the time when they performed at festivales or music shows, she doubted they were paying any real attention to them. 

After walking through the red carpet and a short interview, the girls stepped off the mini stage and made their way inside. Sana briefly heard the red carpet host introduce EXO. 

She was comforted from her nerves as she remembered that Junmyeon would be there, sitting relatively close. She'd have to try her best to remain calm and collected when she saw him. After all, Twice and EXO were not friends but strangers. Sure they'd interacted a handful of times on camera but there was no real tie to them that would explain why Sana and Junmyeon would be speaking to one another. Sana knew she'd go through the whole show without muttering a word to him. But it was okay, as long as she saw him. 

~*~

Junmyeon had gotten distracted and hadn't realized how little time remained until the show was set to start. By the time he managed to run up the stage, the first performer was on. He was pointed to the front row where he saw the familiar profiles of his boys and made his way over. His eyes zeroed in on the empty seat at the end of the pew and made his way over. He vaguely noticed a figure standing up to bow to him in the pew behind theirs but he was too focused on moving the strange chess board from the seat. 

As he sat down, he wondered where Sana would be sitting. Twice had gone just before them on the red carpet but he'd missed a chance to see her. 

The corner of his eyes caught the stage director speaking to the group behind him and he turned to see who it was. His eyes widened as he recognized the girls and his eyes quickly raked over the girls searching for Sana. When he didn't find her, he recalled the figure from earlier and turned the other way to glance at her. She was sitting directly behind him.

Her face was neutral as she focused on the stage directors words and he took a small moment to look at her. 

She looked absolutely beautiful. 

He turned around, not wanting to be caught staring. 

Baekhyun chuckled softly beside him. 

Attempting to act natural, he focused on Bewhys performance. Nodding along and acting too enthusiastic. They wouldn't be able to interact but hopefully he could make her smile.

Shortly later, Yixing made him switch seats with him so he was no longer sitting in front her. He knew it was inevitable, award show seating was never permanent but in this case he hadn't had a need to move. Only doing so to please Yixing who didn't realize that Junmyeon had been happy with his seating. 

He didn't completely hate the move as he realized he'd be able to glance at her from the corner of his eye each time he turned to speak to one of the boys. A handful of times she managed to catch his eye. 

The show went on like that. EXO stood various times to accept awards and Twice was moved around the seating after going to receive their own. He looked forward to their performance, although he had seen them just days before at the AAAs, the Melon Music Awards were a far different environment. 

The boys made it easier for him as they danced and sang along in their seats along to Cheer Up. Allowing him to do the same, although with a practiced straight face. When the zombies came, he couldn't help but drop his act and enjoy watching s fright. The only downfall was having been too distracted to enjoy the last half of the performance. He didn't dwell on it long, after all, the MAMAs were approaching as well. 

As the Daesung awards approached, he grew nervous. Not only for his own group but also for Sana's. He desperately hoped that Twice would win Song Of The Year as it rightfully deserved. 

After losing Album of the Year respectively to BTS, he waited anxiously for the next category. 

He itched to look back and see if she was nervous, to reassure her that it was theirs, but they were in public and an entire boy group separated them. He could only sit there, intensely willing the announcer to call out Twice. 

"Twice, Cheer Up! Congratulations!" 

Junmyeon jumped to his feet along with the rest of the boys who grinned ear to ear for their friends who stood with shocked expressions, covering their mouths and their eyes glistening. Junmyeon clapped with pride as they made their way to the far stage to accept their award. Watched Sana's caped figure glance in wonder at the crowd. It was their first Daesang and he knew exactly how it felt. 

He listened intently as Jihyo made the speech, her words and tears reminding him of himself. She'd grow to be a very great leader, he could already tell just from her humbling words. 

He realized after watching them walk off stage that it would most likely be the last time he'd see Sana. Artist of The Year was next, which he was hoping would go to them, and after that EXO had their performance. He wouldn't get to see her anymore and he doubted they'd run into each other backstage. 

At least he'd gotten the chance to see her all night. 

~*~

Sana was still shaking from the win as she sat down. They'd gone back to their seats immediately and were able to catch as EXO was announced as winner for Artist Of The Year. She clapped with shaky hands as she watched Junmyeon accept the award. All night she'd been glad that at the very least she'd been able to hear his voice with EXOs many wins. 

Sana teared up as he mentioned Twice and although she knew he had also mentioned other groups as well, it felt special to hear him mention her group. 

She watched with tears still in her eyes as he preformed. 


When they returned to the dorms there was a much needed group hug and many tears. Even their managers had tears in their own eyes. 

Sana had no idea when she'd come from Japan that this would be her life. She'd hoped and dreamed but never actually thought. It was surreal and she never wanted the excitement and growth to stop.