Stronger

I Am You, You Are Me

Junmyeon left Sana to bathe and warm herself alone, a blush on his cheeks as he awkwardly excused himself. He knew that although she didn't want to separate from him, they weren't exactly at a stage in their relationship to reveal themselves as such in front of each other. He also needed a moment to collect himself. He hadn't expected Sana to walk all the way from her dorm to his, obviously having felt that their separation earlier needed to be worked out.

 

He knew that he would need to go down on his knees and apologize, praying that she'd accept him despite his idiocy.

 

“Hyung, did Sana walk here?” Jongin asked softly as Junmyeon made his way to his room.

 

Junmyeon sighed, “I think so.”

 

“What happened between you two?” Sehun questioned, arms crossed as he sat on Junmyeons bed, a stern judgmental look on his face. Obviously already suspecting that Junmyeon was at fault.

 

Junmyeon hung his head, “I was stupid. I was tired, upset, and not in my right mind.”

 

Someone slapped his shoulder roughly, looking over he saw Kyungsoo as he walked in with blankets. A blank look was on his face but Junmyeon could tell that he was disappointed in him. “I brought blankets, I'm assuming she'll be staying the night.”

 

“If she does, she'll sleep on my bed. Sehun and I will sleep out in the living room.” Sehun groaned, “Or I'll take her back as soon as we're done talking. We'll have to see.”

 

“Well just in case.” He said setting them on the bed next to Sehun.

 

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo nodded in response and left without another word.

 

“She should be out soon, we'll leave you to figure out your groveling strategy.” Jongin patted his shoulder and turned to leave.

 

Sehun tsk'd and followed him out.

 

Junmyeon took his place and held his head as he tried to sort out what to do.

 

 

~*~

 

Once Sana's body and brain had defrosted and the warm water began to chill, she began to fully realize what she had done. She began to panic as all the words she had prepared on her walk were no longer present in her head and she left with no idea what she was going to say once she exited the bathroom. She also cringed as she realized that she must have come off like a clingy girl showing up at his door so late at night. Dispatch would have field day if she had been caught.

 

She shook off that fear as she stepped out pf the tub, one of the many towels the boys had brought wrapped around her torso. She used another for her hair and took notice of the clothes that had been brought for her. She had to place her wet clothes in the bag left for her so she was left with boys clothing, Junmyeons, she assumed.

She blushed as she held up a black star wars shirt, the concept of wearing his clothes excited her. She wondered what his response would be to see her in them. The sweats thankfully had a draw string to tighten but there was not much she could do about the pant length, leaving them scrunch on her ankles was the best she could do. Once she was changed she took to drying her hair as best she could without a blow dryer and running her finger through it. She feared glancing in the mirror, afraid of what she'd see.

 

With a deep breath, she prepared herself to exit.

 

She assumed that Junmyeon would be waiting in his room and hoped she wouldn't run into any of the other boys on her way.

 

With shaky hands, she opened the door.

 

 

~*~

 

Junmyeon was relieved to see that color had returned to her face as she slowly entered the room. Her eye's on the floor as she hesitantly closed the door behind her.

 

He stood but fidgeted with no idea what to do.

 

He realized that this was the first time he had fought with a girlfriend. His last had ended mutually when he was a trainee, both understanding that his career wouldn't work with the relationship. They'd only been together for a short while and Junmyeon could honestly say he hadn't felt an ounce as much love for her as he did for Sana. So his heart raced and his hands shook as he looked toward her.

 

“Y-you should sit.” He finally spoke, gesturing to his bed. She must have been exhausted.

 

She nodded and slowly made her way to the bed.

 

They were silent as she sat and Junmyeon stood, his head hung and eye's down casted. They were both unfamiliar of what to do in the situation and Junmyeon knew, as the oldest and the most guilty, he had to be first to speak.

 

Straightening his back, and “manning up”, he walked in front of her, looking her straight in the eye's as she looked at him with shock from his sudden movement, and knelt.

 

“I'm sorry.” He apologized shakily, “I was an idiot. I'm sorry you had to walk all the way here.”

 

“Junmyeon...” She whispered, he looked up and saw her hand make it's way to softly run through his hair, there were tears in her eye's, “I'm so-”

 

“No no no.” He quickly grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently, “You have nothing to be sorry about. I shouldn't have gotten angry. I shouldn't have left like that. I know that it's not an excuse but I was so terribly upset after not hearing from you for days, I worried that we had been caught. I'm angry at myself for allowing myself to doubt you for even a second. Just please forgive me.”

 

“I do.” Sana said instantly, “Of course I do. I didn't come for an apology. I came to explain. And because I was afraid that I had made you upset.” She sighed, “My phone is broken, I haven't received a new one. I tried for days to get a message to you but I've been so busy I couldn't any of the boys alone for a second to explain. Sungjae sunbaenim was an accident, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. You had every right to be upset, I couldn't say I wouldn't have been the same.” She said, cupping his face, “I guess we were both a little bit over dramatic.”

 

He smiled softly, feeling lighter from her explanation, “I suppose we were.”

 

“I love you.” She whispered, rubbing her thumb across his soft cheek.

 

“I love you.” He responded, kissing her hand.

 

~*~

 

Sehun was tired, it had been hours since Sana had arrived and Junmyeon had yet to exit the room. For a brief second he wondered if their little fight had led to some serious make up time but he knew Junmyeon was too much of a gentleman for that. So he didn't hesitate when knocking once before going into the room, ready to complain and lighten the mood possibly. The words stuck to his tongue as his eye's noticed the couple cuddled on the bed in deep sleep.

 

The sappy side of himself smiled at the sight before he tip toed to the bed to tuck them under the blankets Kyungsoo had left. Before turning away, he grabbed Junmyeon phone to set an early alarm. He was sure Sana would have an early schedule and need to be home extremely early. Then he grabbed his own and softly closed the door behind himself.

 

They must have worked things out and that made him happy. He cared for Junmyeon more then anyone and having seen him so upset the past few days had been stressful. And Sana had quickly become a good friend. Seeing them together, happy, was all he needed.

 

~*~

 

They woke up before the sun, sleepily fumbling out of the dorm as they walked cautiously out to the car. Thankfully it was not raining and Sana hoped climbing back wouldn't be slippery.

 

They kissed softly as Junmyeon parked where the cameras couldn't see and the unlocked window waited.

 

“Are you sure you can climb up that?” Junmyeon worriedly eye'd the pipes and ledges.

 

Sana nodded, confident. “It can't be so hard.”

 

Just to be safe, Junmyeon got out with her. He'd catch her if she fell but he didn't have to as Sana manged her way up. She could always do anything as long as she had enough determination. The window slip open easily and she heaved herself clumsily inside. She waved down to him once she was in and he waved back with an astonished look on his face. He retreated to his car and Sana sadly watched him depart.

 

She fell asleep hoping to get her phone back soon and with the knowledge that they'd be seeing each other soon with all the award shows coming up.