Date

Paint

 

 

 

 

 

12th May 2017

 

It had on been around 3 weeks since they had brought Junmyeon home and they could definitely feel the pressure. With a new little human being to take care of, plus two 14 month olds, they had their hands full. Thankfully, Junmyeon wasn’t proving to be as difficult as the twins were. Granted there was only one of him, he just wasn’t as fussy as Minseok and Luhan were.

 

Junmyeon was pretty quiet for a baby. He cried when he was hungry and whinged when he was uncomfortable (mainly when he needed a nappy change) but other than that he was an absolute pleasure.

 

Minseok and Luhan however, were proving to be a challenge. Ever since Junmyeon had come home, they had become clingier. They were used to Jongdae and Baekhyun’s undivided attention towards them and while they had learned to share between themselves, they had yet to learn how to share with their new little brother. Though at the moment Jongdae didn’t think that is was a major issue.

 

Anyway, as of right now Jongdae was enjoying his hour to himself at the shops. Their food supply was running low and Baekhyun had offered to watch the kids while Jongdae went and got what they needed. To put it shortly Jongdae jumped at the chance to get out of the house. While he loved his family, they could be a little…overwhelming at times.

 

“Butter, milk, eggs...Oh chocolate, need some of that. Um…fruit, chicken, formula, baby food…What else?” Jongdae murmurs to himself, trying to remember everything that they needed at home.

 

“Ahh! Tim Tams!” he shouts. Well, maybe not necessarily what they ‘needed’. While Jongdae had immersed himself in the shopping, little did he know that at home, Baekhyun had already had something planned for the night.

 

~X~

 

“I’m home!” shouts Jongdae as he hauls in the shopping bags.

 

Silence.

 

“Umm…hello?” says Jongdae, confused. The house was absolutely silent. He wasn’t greeted with Baekhyun’s answering calls or the twins laughter. There was just silence.

 

Walking into the kitchen, he puts the groceries onto the counter. As he does, he notices a rectangular piece of paper. Picking it up he sees that there is only one word printed on it.

 

Bedroom

 

“Huh…” says Jongdae, even more confused than he was before. Completely forgetting about putting away the groceries, he heads upstairs to the bedroom, following what the card had said.

 

When he gets there, he finds it completely empty. It’s dark and silent. The only sounds being his own breathing. He had expected to find Baekhyun in their but he was nowhere to be found. Something on the bed catches his eye and he moves over to it investigate. He finds another rectangular piece of paper. Sitting under it is a set of clothes. He reaches out and grabs the piece of paper.

 

Wear me!

 

Setting the note down, he lifts up the first article of clothing. A nice lightish blue button up shirt is what he is presented with. On the bed lays some black pants and a pair of black nike shoes. Though the clothes are nice, he stares at them in confusion. He doesn’t remember buying any of these. Trust him, he would remember.

 

Baekhyun you little .” He thinks. Though he is surprised. Baekhyun managed to pick out some pretty good stuff. Maybe he has been learning from Jongdae, being the fashionista that he is.

 

Stripping out of his clothes he puts the new pieces of clothing on and is happy to find out that they fit him perfectly. Baekhyun really has been paying attention.

 

He turns towards the mirror but before he can admire himself in it, he sees another piece of paper stuck in between the frame and glass in the left hand corner. He huffs. “Just what are you playing at Byun Baekhyun?”

 

He couldn’t help but smile though. He was excited.

 

Plucking the piece of paper from the mirror, he brings it closer and reads it.

 

Meet me at the park

 

“The park huh.” he mutters. Deciding not to question it, he walks downstairs, grabbing his keys on the ways and locks the front door on his way out. He starts the 1 minute walk to the park. On the way there his brain is coming up with hundreds of possible events that Baekhyun could have planned out.

 

Arriving at the park he goes and sits at the bench he and Baekhyun usually sit at. It is placed right in front of the lake and the view all year round is just spectacular. Both Jongdae and Baekhyun have found themselves here many times, whether it be with each other or by themselves. They have yet to bring Minseok and Luhan to this part of the park though, they’re too scared that they’ll fall into the lake. Call it being overprotective but he wanted to be safe.

 

To focused on the view he fails to hear someone approaching him from behind. He becomes aware when hands slam down onto his shoulders, making him jump, and he swears that he didn’t squeal like a little girl. He hears someone laughing and he can tell immediately who that laugh belongs to.

 

“Baekhyun you !” he exclaims, whacking Baekhyun on the shoulder. “You know how much I hate it when you do that!”

 

“Haha. Sorry, sorry.” Says Baekhyun, though Jongdae can tell that he isn’t sorry at all.

 

Jongdae narrows his eyes and looks Baekhyun straight in the eyes, silently analysing him. His gaze moves down from his eyes to the rest of him, noticing that he is in clothing that is similar to himself. He can’t help but admire his looks. Although he isn’t built like a brick house he has lean muscles which hold a lot of power. Jongdae would know.

 

“So, are you ready to go?” asks Baekhyun, snapping Jongdae out of his little daze.

 

“Yeah, but I have no idea where we’re going.”

 

Baekhyun gives Jongdae this little smirk and he immediately knows that Baekhyun is not going to tell him anything. “Shh, it’s a secret.” He whispers, pulling an annoyed whine out of Jongdae.

 

“Come on. Tell me, please~”

 

“Nah uh.”

 

Jongdae just pouts. He wants to know so bad.

 

“Where are the kids anyway?” questions Jongdae, changing the subject.

 

“Dropped them off at your parents place. They’ve wanted to have them for a while now and you know how excited they’ve been about Junmyeon.”

 

“Yeah.” Says Jongdae. When Junmyeon was born Liyin and Jonghyun had gotten to the hospital as quick as they could, wanting to see their new grandson.

 

“Do they have any idea what you have planned?” He asks, a mischievous glint in his eye.

 

“Hm. Maybe.” Hints Baekhyun. “But they wouldn’t tell you anything anyway.”

 

Jongdae pouts again. He knows it’s true. He swears that they love Baekhyun more than him sometimes.

 

“Come on.” Says Baekhyun as he guides Jongdae into the direction where Baekhyun had parked his car.

 

“I still don’t know where we’re going.” Jongdae complains.

 

“And you don’t need to know.” Sings Baekhyun.

 

When they reach the car, Baekhyun goes over to the passenger side and opens the door doing a little bow in the process.

 

“Your ride.”

 

“Why thankyou good sir.” Says Jongdae, playing along.

 

After helping Jongdae into the car, Baekhyun gets into the drivers seat and starts the car, going somewhere that Jongdae has no idea where it is.

 

“You know it’s really killing me that you won’t tell me where we’re going.”

 

“That’s too bad.”

 

Jongdae proceeded to pout for the entire trip.

 

~X~

 

“Are we there yet?” Jongdae whines, sounding like a kid on a road trip.

 

“For the millionth time no.” Says Baekhyun, his voice fond rather than annoyed. He had grown to love Jongdae’s whining and often childish behaviour over the years. “But, you’ll be please to know that we’re not far away now.”

 

“Thank god.” He moans.

 

Soon, Baekhyun pulls into a carpark. From the carpark Jongdae can see hundreds of different coloured lights, some flashing while the others remained mobile. Stalls were set up on either side of a path, selling many different varieties of food all from different parts of the world. It was a festival of some sort. A food festival if Jongdae could guess.

 

Couples and groups of people wandered around the stalls, examining the large selection of food, talking and laughing amongst themselves. Everyone looked happy, like they were enjoying their time.

 

“This is awesome.” Jongdae breathes out. Food. Jongdae loves food.

 

Baekhyun laughs at Jongdae’s glazed over expression. “I’m glad you think so. I know how much you love good food but how much you hate restaurants so I thought that this would suit your tastes a bit more.”

 

All of a sudden Jongdae lunges over the centre console, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s neck and planting a slopping kiss on his lips.

 

“This is why I married you.”

 

“I thought you married me for my stellar personality and dashing good looks.” Says Baekhyun, fluttering his eyes and flicking his non existent long hair as emphasis.

 

“You keep telling yourself that.”

 

Baekhyun huffs. “Anyway, lets go and get some food. I know how grumpy you get when you’re hungry and I don’t want to be on the other end of that.”

 

Getting out of the car Jongdae shuts the door. “Shut up.” He says, but there’s no heat behind it.

 

“Come on.”

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun begin their walk form the car to the festival. Baekhyun’s arm snakes around Jongdae’s waist bring him closer to his side as Baekhyun’s hand rests on his hip. Jongdae welcome the closeness as he plasters himself to Baekyun’s side.

 

Jongdae and Baekhyun walk around, sussing out the stalls, trying to decide what they would like to eat. After 10 minutes of decision time, they finally settle on an Italian. Jongdae, having he muchies for cheese, decides that pizza is what they would settle on.

 

“What type of pizza do you want?” asks Baekhyun.

 

“Mozzarella.”

 

Baekhyun orders the food, getting some drinks for them as well. 10 minutes late their food is ready and Jongdae leads them towards a bench that he had found while Baekhyun was ordering their food.

 

As soon as they sit down Jongdae steals the pizza box out of Baekhyun’s hand and starts eating straight away. Baekhyun swears that he can see Jongdae’s mouth watering.

 

Baekhyun just stares at Jongdae in amusement. Nothing gets in the way of Jongdae and his food. The only thing on Jongdae’s list of priorities that is higher than food is his family.

 

“Oh my god!” Jongdae moans after had had taken a bite of his first piece. “This is the best pizza I’ve ever had in the entirety of my existence.”

 

“Is it that good?” questions Baekhyun.

 

“Yes.” Jongdae said pointedly. “Hurry up and have some.”

 

Picking up a piece and having a bite, Baekhyun had to agree with him. That is some mighty good pizza.

 

While eating their pizza they sat in comfortable silence, just enjoying having some time to spend with each other, not having to worry about anything. The silence was occasionally broken by Jongdae and Baekhyun making comments and giggling as they acted like teenaged girls and stealing kisses from each other when the other wasn’t paying attention.

 

Jongdae would look away and Baekhyun would place a peck on his check, then to his lips and vice versa. Passer buys would glance at them, most smiling at the affections shared between them while some looked on in disgust. While same couple were more accepted, there were still those who found it ‘un-natural’.

 

After they had finished eating they decided to have a look around. They walked hand in hand, pointing at stalls that caught their attention and talking amongst themselves. They stayed there for hours, just basking in the happy atmosphere that the festival had created.

 

“Hey, do you want to get out of here?” asked Baekhyun.

 

“Umm…I guess.” Said Jongdae. But truthfully he didn’t want to leave. He was having an amazing time.

 

Baekhyun could sense that he was reluctant. “Don’t worry.” He soothed. “We’re not going home yet. There’s something I want to show you.”

 

That drew Jongdae’s attention. “What is it?”

 

Baekhyun smirked. “You’ll see.” He said mysteriously.

 

“Don’t do this to me again~” whined Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun just smiled and pulled Jongdae towards the car, him whining like a child the entire way.

 

Like the gentleman that he is, when they get to the car Baekhyun opens Jongdae’s door for him like he had done earlier. When they are both in the car, Baekhyun starts the car. However he doesn’t leave straight away. Instead he reaches over to the back seat and grabs a strip of fabric that Jongdae hadn’t noticed earlier.

 

A scarf, maybe’ Jongdae thinks.

 

“I want you to wear this until I tell you to take it off.” Says Baekhyun, stretching out the material. It’s then that Jongdae realises that it’s not a scarf, but a blindfold.

 

“Um…okay.” Agrees Jongdae. “But I swear to god if this is some joke then I will kill you.” He warns.

 

“I promise. Scouts honour.” Says Baekhyun, resting his hand over his chest.

 

Baekhyun puts the blindfold around Jongdae’s head tying it firmly but not tight enough to hurt him. Soon they are back on the road. Due to him having not vision, all Jongdae can do is listen the the sounds and feels Baekhyun’s hand on his thigh.

 

About 10 minutes later the car comes to a stop and Baekhyun cuts the engine. Jongdae can hear Baekhyun exit the car and moments after Jongdae’s door is opened, Baekhyun helping him exit the car as well.

 

“Can I take it off yet.” Asks Jongdae. He’s dying to know where Baekhyun had taken him.

 

“No, not yet.”

 

Baekhyun begins leading him to the unknowing surprise. The smooth ground turns into rocky terrain and Jongdae holds onto Baekhyun tighter. Jongdae stumbles multiple times however Baekhyun is there each time to keep him on his feet.

 

Suddenly Jongdae is reminded of their wedding day. Of Baekhyun’s vows to him. ‘…when you stumble and fall, I’ll be right beside you to pick you back up again.’

 

They come to a stop and it’s like everything else does as well. Baekhyun carefully unties the blindfold, letting it drop to the ground. The blindfold is off yet Jongdae keeps his eyes closed. Baekhyun’s hands rest on Jongdae’s shoulders as he takes a deep breath before he slowly inches his eyes open.

 

The sight that he see before him has him utterly speechless. From where they are they can see the lights of the entire city before them, shinning in their brilliance. Jongdae had never seen a sight a beautiful as this before and he couldn’t find the words to describe it. It took his breath away.

 

“Do you like it.” Says Baekhyun, breaking Jongdae out of his daze.

 

“I love it. It’s so beautiful.” Replies Jongdae.

 

They stand there for a while, admiring the view. Somehow they end up on the ground, Jongdae situated in between Baekhyun’s legs and leaning against his chest.

 

Jongdae can feel Baekhyun nosing at his neck and placing gentle kisses along his nape. He breaths out a shaky breath and tilts his head back, further exposing his neck. Baekhyun turns Jongdae’s head to the side and brings their lips together in a passionate kiss. Though the position makes it hard they still manage to make it work.

 

Baekhyun turn’s Jongdae around so his is kneeling between his open legs instead without their lips disconnecting. Breaking away Baekhyun flips Jongdae over so that his back is touching the ground and Baekhyun is positioned above him.

 

Their kiss deepens and both Jongdae and Baekhyun can feels themselves grow hot. Jongdae grips Baekhyun biceps and he can feel his muscles ripple with each movement. One of Baekhyun’s hands travel down to the hem to his shirt which exposes a strip of Jongdae’s abdomen, making him whine at the contact.

 

Baekhyun’s hand slips under Jongdae’s shirt which cause him to shiver. Baekhyun’s hips roll down onto Jongdae’s crotch and his moans are captured by Baekhyun’s mouth.

 

Being too caught up the pleasure it only hits Jongdae now that they are in a very public place. Anyone could walk over and discover them in this compromising position.

 

“S-stop. Baek stop.” He pants.

 

Baekhyun halts his ministrations immediately. Both of them are left panting. Baekhyun rolls off of Jongdae and lays beside him, looking up to the sky.

 

“I don’t know about you-” starts Jongdae. “but I’m not into exhibitionism.” He pauses. “I think we got a little carried away.”

 

“Haha yeah. Just a bit.” Agrees Baekhyun. They both just lay there, spread eagle and staring at the sky.

 

“But when we get home that is mine.”

 

Jongdae’s hand smashes into Baekhyun’s stomach causing him to slightly curl in on himself and groan. For such a small man Jongdae’s hits hurt.

 

Jongdae inches closer to Baekhyun and lying his head on his chest. Baekhyun’s arms comes around his waist Jongdae snuggles into him. Jongdae loves being this close to Baekhyun. Loves him holding him. Loves him kissing him. He just loves being in his presence. And Baekhyun loves the same.

 

“I don’t know how this night could get any better.” Laments Jongdae.

 

All of a sudden Jongdae’s phone beeps, signifying that he had received a message. Reaching down Baekhyun takes Jongdae’s phone out of his back pocket. Typing in the passcode Baekhyun opens up the message and a grin breaks out onto his face.

 

“Well, it looks like it just did.”

 

“What?” asks Jongdae. Baekhyun moves the screen to face Jongdae and an identical grin makes its way onto his face which soon turns into a squeal.

 

“Oh my god! Yifan had the baby! Oh my god!” he yells in excitement, shaking Baekhyun in the process.

 

The message they had received was a picture of an exhausted but happy looking Yifan and a visually excited Chanyeol holding an adorable new born little boy.

 

“Oh my god. We have to go and visit them as soon as possible.” Says Jongdae.

 

“Now, now. Don’t be too hasty. Give them a couple of days to bond and then we’ll go over and visit.”

 

“…Okay.” Jongdae relents.

 

“What did they message say by the way. It was all in Mandarin and you know that I can’t read it. Did it include the baby’s name?” asks Baekhyun.

 

“Yeah. They named him Yixing. Park Yixing.”

 

Park Yixing

12:54 am

13th of May 2017

8.2 pounds (3.7 kilograms)

 


Wow okay. The is definitely the longest chapter that I have ever written. I got so carried away when writing this. It's over 3000 words guys. What have I done?!

I tried to add a little bit more romance between Jongdae and Baekhyun. I found this quite difficult though. I'm someone who tends to write better from personal experiences and I'm somewhat lacking in that department. I'm a 17 year old Univeristy student whose only had one relationship and spends all of her free time writing and reading fanfic and watching K-pop. This is my life guys.

And baby Park has made it into the story. Introducing the little sheep, Yixing! :D

I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter. Remember if you have something you want to see in the story please write it in the comments and I'll see what I can do.

-*And for those who don't know what Tim Tams are they're an Australia chocolate biscuit and they are absolute heaven! If you've never had one, when you get the opportunity please don't hesitant. You won't regret it. And yes, I am aware that they probably don't sell them in Korea but what the hell, it's a story so anything is possible.

And I can't wait for Chen and Chanyeol's Sugar Man episode to be subbed. It's going to be amazing!

Until next time!