Of Dimples and Plushies

Paint

 

 

 

 

28th June 2017

 

“I know I said this before but when that boy grows up he’s going to break hearts.” Says Jongdae as he fawns over Yixing. “I mean, look at those dimples!” He squeals, poking at his face.

 

Yifan can’t help but agree. He knew the affect that dimples can have on someone.

 

“They’re definitely something.” He says. “I’m just glad that he got the dimples from his father. As much as I adore his ears I know how much he was bullied because of them as a child and I don’t want that happening to Xing.” He says half-jokingly, thought turning solemn towards the end.

 

While Chanyeol is at peace with his ears and now calls them his best physical feature, it doesn’t erase the pain that he had felt about them when he was younger.

 

Jongdae smiles in sympathy, knowing how cruel kids can be to each other. But he quickly changes the subject, not wanting to dwell on it at the moment.

 

“How are you feeling anyway?” he asks instead.

 

“Urghh.” Moans Yifan. “I feel gross. My body still doesn’t feel the same. I look at myself in the mirror and it’s not what I want to see.” He looks down dejectedly.

 

Jongdae knew that feeling all too well. After having Minseok and Luhan he had felt the same. His body just didn’t feel right to him. It took a whole lot of reassurance from Baekhyun for him to feel comfortable in his own skin again.

 

“It’ll pass.” Says Jongdae putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. “And you know I’m always here to help if you need me.”

 

Xièxiè Jongdae.” Says Yifan, giving Jongdae a grateful smile and patting the hand on his shoulder.

 

Their moment is disrupted when Minseok comes stumbling into the living room with a massive smile stretched across his face and a plushie clutched tightly in his hand. Jongdae claps his hands and holds his arms out for Minseok who runs straight into them.

 

“Hey baby!” Jongdae says happily, lifting Minseok up into his lap and kissing him on the cheek.

 

“Mama luk! Kit-ty.” He says, shoving his cat plushie into Jongdae’s face.

 

“That’s right Minnie. It’s your kitty.” Says Jongdae in response, smiling as much as Minseok is. The boys’ vocabulary had expanded exponentially over the past couple of months and Baekhyun and Jongdae couldn’t be more proud.

 

“Where’s your brother huh? Where’s Lulu?” coos Jongdae bouncing Minseok slightly on his lap.

 

Minseok points over to the playroom in the room just over. “Play.” He says simply.

 

“Lulu’s playing is he?”

 

Minseok nods. Minseok’s attention is soon turned over to Yixing who is nestled into Yifan’s arms. Both Minseok and Luhan have become extremely interested in the baby Yixing the same way in which they had become interested in Junmyeon.

 

While they sometimes get jealous of Junmyeon stealing their parents attention they both adore him as well. They cuddle with him and gently his head help Jongdae and Baekhyun in feeding him. They do the same for Yixing as well. When Yixing is near they want to be by his side the entire time until they get bored with the lack of response coming from him.

 

Suddenly Yixing yawns and bring his hands up to cutely paw at his face.

 

“Xing tie?” says Minseok, eyes blinking owlishly at Jongdae in question.

 

Jongdae smiles at the adorable image in front of him. “Yeah Minnie. Xing is tired.” Jongdae answers him.

 

“Why don’t you go back and play with Lulu?” says Jongdae, uplifting Minseok from his position on his lap and onto the floor. He steadies himself on his wobbly legs and waddles back to the play room where he and Luhan where playing earlier, his cat plushie still clutched tightly in his fist and babbling to himself.

 

“They grow up so fast don’t they?” says Yifan as he watches Minseok leave the room.

 

“They sure do.” Says Jongdae wistfully. “Before I know it they’re going to be moving out and off to University.” He says good naturedly but with a hint of trepidation.

 

“I’m not ready for that anytime soon.” Says Yifan as he looks at the now sleeping Yixing fondly, gently his cheek with the back of his fingers. While at first Yifan was hesitant about having children when Chanyeol had brought it up but now, looking at the little lifeform in his arms he couldn’t imagine it any other way.

 

Suddenly a cry can be heard and Jongdae instantly recognises it as Luhan. Sighing and throwing a knowing smile at Yifan, he gets up and walks over to the living room where his kids are. As he walks into the room he see Luhan sprawled out on the floor crying his eyes out with MInseok sitting beside him, trying to comfort him by offering him his cat plushie.

 

“Oh Lulu, what happened?” says Jongdae comfortingly, getting onto his knees and collecting him into his arms. Once Luhan is in his arms he begins patting his back. Almost immediately his cries cease and he is left sniffling and rubbing his snot onto Jongdae’s shoulder.

 

“Hur…” mumbles Luhan, wrapping his arms tightly around Jongdae’s neck.

 

“Oh baby, did you hurt yourself?”

 

Luhan nods into the crook of his neck and Jongdae can feel it when he yawns. And as if starting off a chain reaction Minseok yawns as well.  

 

“Oh my babies. I think it’s nap time.” Smiles Jongdae. He gathers both of them up into his arms and stands up, one boy on each side. After adjusting them into a comfortable position Jongdae, with the boys in tow, makes his way upstairs and into the boys bedroom. On passing he sticks his head into Junmyeon’s room and sees that he is still peacefully asleep.

 

Placing the boys into their beds, he makes sure that they both have their plushie toys. Minseok’s cat plushie wasn’t difficult to find as he hadn’t let go of it but Luhan’s was a bit harder to find. After a short search Jongdae found the elusive deer plushie under Luhan’s bed. How it got under there he had no clue but he was happy that he found it. Minseok and Luhan couldn’t sleep without their treasured plushies.

 

With the nap time ritual over, Jongdae heads back downstairs to Yifan and Yixing.

 

“I just put the boys down for a nap.” Says Jongdae as he sits down onto the couch. “Sorry if I took too long.” He apologises.

 

“No, no. It’s okay.” Assures Yifan. “I think it’s about time that I head off anyway. I have to get our flights sorted out.” He says.

 

Yifan and Chanyeol had decided to go to China for a month. Yifan hadn’t seen his mother in a while and he missed her dearly. A part from Chanyeol and Yixing, his mother was the most important person in his life. She had been through thick and thin while raising him. Being a single parent was hard and often frowned upon but she never let any of that get to her. She was Yifan’s hero.

 

“I’m going to miss you guys when you’re gone.” Says Jongdae. “I mean, who am I going to gossip with?”

 

“Haha. We can still gossip over the phone.” Laughs Yifan.

 

“You better call me.” Commands Jongdae, throwing Yifan a seemingly fake glare, yet Yifan could still see the promise of pain and misfortune if he didn’t do as Jongdae had said.

 

“I wouldn’t forget. Promise.” Says Yifan.

 

“Good.” Smiles Jongdae. “Here, I’ll help you gather up your stuff.” He offers.

 

Jongdae puts all of Yixing’s baby things into his nappy bag while Yifan straps Yixing into his carrycot, being careful not to jostle him too much. He stirs slightly however he soon settles again, his little chest moving up and down with steady breaths.

 

Jongdae meets him at the door, taking the carrycot from Yifan while he puts his shoes on. Taking the carrycot back from Jongdae, Yifan embraces him with one arm, his tall form practically engulfing Jongdae’s small one.

 

“Hopefully we can catch up before you guys go.” Mumbles Jongdae as his face is pressed into Yifan’s chest.

 

Yifan releases Jongdae. “Yeah, hopefully.” Agrees Yifan.

 

“Catch you later.” Yells Jongdae as Yifan begins to walk out of the entry way.

 

“Bye!” replies Yifan, raising his arm in a wave.

 

When Jongdae can no longer spot Yifan he makes his way back inside. Closing the door he heads to the living room. He collects all of the dirty dishes and places them on the sink not even bothering to start washing them. Instead he plops himself down on the lounge.

 

Seeing as he has some free time he opens the coffee table drawer and takes out his sketch pad and pencil. He moves himself into a comfortable position and begins drawing. Images from the day making their way from his mind onto the paper. Of Yifan lovingly gazing at Yixing while he slept. Of the sleeping Minseok and Luhan who hug their beloved plushie while they sleep and of a peaceful Junmyeon lying in his crib without a worry in the world.

 

He doesn’t even realise it bit before long his is drifting off to sleep, sketch pad hugged to his chest and pencil dangling from his fingers. And that’s how Baekhyun finds him. Snuggled on the couch sound asleep.

 

Smiling at the sight before him, he carefully manoeuvres Jongdae into his arms princess style and carries him up the stairs and into bed. Discarding his clothes and only leaving on his boxers he crawls into bed and bringing Jongdae’s back to his chest.

 

Just as he is about to drift off to sleep a cry breaks the silence.

 

Baekhyun groans.

 


Chapter 10! Finally in the double digits! :D I said that this story was going to be 15 chapters long but looking at where I am right now I can tell that it's going to be more than that.

I'm sorry if this chapter isn't up to standards. I've been surprisingly busy this week so this chapter was rushed out. I hope you guys still enjoyed it though :) And remember I'm up for suggestions so please write them in the comments section!! Any input will be greatly appreciated.

THOSE TEASER PHOTO'S THOUGH! LIKE WHAT THE HELL?! It's getting real people. I'm so pumped for this comeback. My body is ready. I've been waiting for a concept like this for ages! I missed the MAMA era. 'Lucky One' looks like a happy, upbeat song while 'Monster' just screams death, and pain and struggle and- I'll stop now. 'Monster' is probably where those photo's of beat up Sehun are from.

Anyway, see you guys next week!