Baby Sitting and Opportunities

Paint

 

 

 

 

1st September 2018

 

“Hyung are you sure it’s alright?” Kyungsoo asks, a mild look of guilt of his face.

 

“Yeah! It’s no trouble at all.” Jongdae placates as be takes a sleeping Sehun out of Kyungsoo’s arms and in into his own. “You just go and enjoy your night out with Jongin. Sehun will be fine here with us. Don’t worry.”

 

“I know…” Kyungsoo trails off.

 

“Oh, off you go.” Jongdae shoos the younger off. “Go and have some fun. You deserve it.”

 

Kyungsoo lets a small smile dawn his face. With another look at the sleeping Sehun, Kyungsoo drops the baby bag that was under his arm on the floor.

 

“Thanks hyung.” He says, dropping a gentle kiss onto his sons’ forehead before he leaves, Jongdae looking on with a proud smile.

 

“He finally left did he?” Says Baekhyun’s voice from behind him.

 

Jongdae turns and sees his husband with a smiling and wide awake Junmyeon who looks curiously at the little Sehun in his mother’s arms.

 

“Finally.” Jongdae echoes. “But really, I can’t blame him. I was the exact same with Minsoek and Luhan when they’d first been born. I didn’t want to leave them out of my sight, not even for a second. I was too scared that something would happen to them if I turned away or wasn’t there.” He reminisces. “I didn’t even want to leave them with my parents even though I knew they wouldn’t let anything happen to them.”

 

“I remember.” Says Baekhyun. “You were such a worry wart.” He teases and Jongdae pouts. It’s not like he could help it at the time and even though Baekhyun wouldn’t admit it, Jongdae knew that he had felt the same, even if it wasn’t as severe as what he had felt.

 

“I’m going to go and put Sehun down.” Jongdae says when he’s finished pouting at his husband who had been laughing at him. “Kyungsoo said he fell asleep not long before he got here and that he usually naps hour an hour or two before waking up again.” He retells what Kyungsoo had told him before he had left.

 

Sehun is a pretty happy little baby. Sleeps pretty good throughout the night – which Jongdae is kind of maybe just a tiny bit jealous about – and only really gets grumpy when he’s hungry or needs a nappy change. All in all Kyungsoo has been very lucky.

 

“I set up the collapsible crib in our room for him to sleep in tonight and Junmyeon’s bassinet is still in the lounge room so you can just put him in there.” Baekhyun says helpfully, Jongdae doing as his husband has said.

 

Baekhyun follows Jongdae into the lounge room and watches as he carefully sets the one and a half month old baby down onto the soft covers. As soon as Sehun had been laid to rest the padding of little feet catch his attention and he knows straight away that it’s Minseok and Luhan coming to suss out the visitor.

 

“Mama. Who’s that?” Minseok asks, one hand in his mouth and the other clutched at Jongdae’s pant leg, Luhan doing the same with his other one.

 

“Remember Sehun?” Jongdae prompts and the twins eyes light up.

 

“Owl hyungs prince!” Luhan says excitedly, the expression on his face matching the one on his older brother’s face.

 

“Uh huh.” Baekhyun says. “He’s going to stay the night with us.”

 

“Really~” Minseok says in wonder. He stands on his tippy toes and stretches his head to try and have a look at the baby but the bassinet it too high for his short stature. He frowns at not being able to catch a glimpse of Sehun.

 

“Here, come and stand on the lounge.” Jongdae directs and both Minseok and Luhan scramble onto the lounge.

 

When Luhan sees the sleeping form of Sehun he frowns and Jongdae catches his sad expression.

 

“What’s wrong Lulu?” Jongdae asks.

 

“He’s sleeping.” Luhan points out, bottom lip jutted out in a little pout that is just all sorts of adorable. Jongdae and Baekhyun have to resist the urge to squeal like little girls at the expression on his face.

 

“Sehunnie’s tired honey. Babies need their sleep. You know how much Junmyeon sleeps.” He tells his son.

 

“But I want to play with him. If he’s sleeping then we can’t play. You have to be not sleeping to play.” Luhan says seriously to his mother and Jongdae tries not to laugh at the younger twins serious expression and matter of fact tone. Jongdae can see Baekhyun chuckling silently off at the side from the corner of his eye.

 

“Even if he was awake you wouldn’t be able to play with Sehun.” Jongdae tells Luhan gently. “Remember what we said when Zitao was born. He’s too little to play with you right now. When he gets older and bigger than you can play with him.” He says and Luhan nods in understanding but he still looks upset at the fact that he can’t play with Sehun.

 

“But you know what?” Jongdae asks. “Until then you can protect Sehun because he can’t protect himself. You and Minseok need to look out for him just like you do for Junmyeon, Yixing and Zitao.” He says.

 

“Protect him from the monsters and bad dreams?” Minseok asks, eyes wide.

 

“Yep. Do you think you can do that for me?” He says and receives two hurried nods. “Good boys.” He praises and smiles at them. “Now why don’t you go and clean up your toys from the floor. Your Appa tripped over one of them this morning and got a boo boo on his little toe.” He says and the boys look shocked, racing off to collect their toys and put them back in their rightful place before any more accidents could happen.

 

“You really are good with them.” Baekhyun says, wrapping his arms around his waist and Jongdae melts at the touch. “You always know the right thing to say.”

 

“Mmm. I’ve had years of practice.”

 

“Teenagers are a bit different from toddlers.” Baekhyun points out.

 

“I wasn’t talking about school kids.” Jongdae smirks and it takes Baekhyun a second to get what the younger means.

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun exclaims, poking Jongdae in the side who shrieks a little at the attack to his stomach. “You little.”

 

Jongdae giggles, squirming his way out of Baekhyun’s hold and picking up Jumnyeon, using his son as a human shield to protect him from Baekhyun.

 

“That’s dirty.” Baekhyun criticises. Jongdae just sticks his tongue out at him looking quite proud of himself.

 

“You know I don’t always play fair.” Jongdae sasses, winking at Baekhyun and disappearing off into the kitchen, making sure to keep Junmyeon attached to his side.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. Just a usual day in the Byun household.

 

~X~

 

Hours later all of the kids are tucked into bed, the two adults of the house were cuddled together on the lounge watching a movie in TV that they had seen millions of times before yet neither of them could be bothered to change the channel which would be an easy task considering the remote was resting on Jongdae’s stomach.

 

It had taken a good hour to peel the twins away from Sehun and get them settled into bed, Minseok and Luhan taking their newfound job to protect Sehun seriously. They refused to leave him until the baby had fallen asleep, kissing the little boy good night when his eyes had closed for good. They made such good older brothers, both parents had been extremely proud of their boys and how much they’d grown.

 

“Hey.” Jongdae says, breaking the silence between them. “Do you remember Hayeon?” Jongdae asks out of the blue.

 

Baekhyun furrows his brow. The name sounds strangely familiar but he can’t quite remember where he’s heard it before.

 

Jongdae watches Baekhyun and he can practically see the gears turning in his head as he sorts through his memories and he sees the exact moment Baekhyun finally recalls the name.

 

“Ahh… Hayeon.” He says in recognition. “One of the teachers you used to work with. Why bring her up all of a sudden?” He asks, curious.

 

“I ran into her the other day while shopping.” Jongdae explains. “We talked for a bit and she happened to mention that a day care centre had opened up not too far from the school and that they’re looking for some more people to hire.” He says, Baekhyun listening intently and silently. “And I was thinking about – maybe – applying for one of the positions.” He finishes.

 

Jongdae goes silent after that, waiting for Baekhyun to say something.

 

“If you really want to go for it.” Baekhyun says and Jongdae looks up to see his husband smiling at him, loving eyes gazing down at him.

 

“You really think so?” he asks.

 

“Yeah.” Baekhyun says. “But I thought you wanted to go back to teaching. Why a day care centre?” he asks.

 

“I do want to go back to teaching but the kids are still so young. I think it’s still too early for both of us to have full time jobs, especially when none of them are even at school yet. And they’ll be able to come with me anyway. I mean, it is a day care centre and they do look after kids their age anyway.” Jongdae says. “When they get a bit older then I’ll get back into teaching.”

 

“When were you thinking about applying?” Baekhyun asks, resting his chin on the top of Jongdae’s head.

 

“Probably within the next couple of days. I want to go and check out the place before I make the final decision but form what Hayeon was telling me it’s a really nice centre. Has some really good reviews by parents who have sent their kids there.”

 

“Good idea.” Baekhyun agrees. “You’ll need to get your resume` written up as well.”

 

Jongdae looks at him sheepishly. “I’ve kind of already done it.”

 

Baekhyun laughs. “You’re really keen about this aren’t you?”

 

“It’s been like three years since I’ve worked. Give me a break.” He huffs, crossing his arms. Like a petulant child.

 

“You’re really okay with me wanting to do this.” Jongdae asks again after a brief silence.

 

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“No reason. Just wanted to make sure.”

 

Their time together is interrupted when the cry of a baby pierces the atmosphere.

 

“Well, seems like it’s time for Sehunnie’s feed.” Jongdae says and moves to get up but is held in place by Baekhyun.

 

“You stay here. I’ll do it.” Baekhyun offers and walks away before Jongdae can protest.

 

Ahh. He has to love that man. He makes it hard for Jongdae to refuse him.

 

By the time Baekhyun had finished feeding Sehun and lulled the little boy back to sleep, he returns to find that Jongdae had fallen asleep on the lounge. He’s curled up like a cat, mouth opened slightly and face completely relaxed.

 

Baekhyun carefully picks Jongdae up, manoeuvring him so that he is carrying him bridal style. Jongdae stirs, eyes fluttering open slightly only to close again when his unconscious mind pieces together that he’s in the safe and protected arms of his husband. After having years of getting used to each others touch they could immediately identify each others presence.

 

Baekhyun tucks Jongdae into bed, himself following soon after. He’s just about to drift of when a cry startles him awake. This cry is different than the one he had heard earlier though. This one is more familiar. He groans. How could he forget the fact that Junmyeon still needs to be fed of a night time.

 

So much for a peaceful sleep filled night. 

 


 

This is shorter and definitely not the best chapter that I've written but I've unfortunately been sick, again -_- I've also had to complete and submit so many assignments this week and I swear that I'm slowly dying on the inside. Though something that has lifted my spirits is Kim Jongdae's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BABY!!! And have you guys seen the previews for their photobook? There's some nice revealing shots of Jongdae there ;)

I've watched Jongdae and Minseok on Return of Superman and they're both so cute :3 They'll make amazing parents in the future. The SoDa siblings are adorable as well. Their dad posted a picture today saying that Dauel was sad that he couldn't meet Jongdae and wish him a happy birthday. I'm so glad they got so close in such a short time. And Dancing King, oh my god that song is such a jam. YJS did a great job as well. I'm just glad that it's finally happened. I can't wait for someone to sub Starshow 360 then my life will be complete.

Anyway see you guys next week~